Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I bought this beast over the weekend. It's the largest artists edition they've released. I've added a standard size Marvel onmibus for comparison (yes I know it's not a true omni but it's the same size). It does no fit into an Expedit in any fashion. When I realized this I thought I made a terrible mistake.

Plus side, I did get it signed and have the man himself leaf through the book and show me the areas he's ultra pleased with and what parts he's not a big fan of (towards the end, the chapter pages have issues with the greys being too dark and hard to distinguish from the blacks but all the pages are fantastic).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Looking at that book you've made me realize I have no idea where my copy of Wednesday Comics is.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

God drat.

I'm jealous, that's awesome. Got to be a bitch to store though.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Yeah, I found a place to put it flat but no way can I put it in a bookshelf.

Also, if you ever get a chance to get Sterenko's autograph, do it. It'll cost you money but it's worth it. All his autographs come with like a 15 minute minute conversation filled with awesome.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

RevKrule posted:

Yeah, I found a place to put it flat but no way can I put it in a bookshelf.

Find a book stand strong enough to store it upright on top of a shelf/bookcase/other flat surface.

Or buy a lectern and put it in a prominent place so you can teach others from the book.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Uthor posted:

Or buy a lectern...

This thought has crossed my mind when I look at my AE and some of the larger omniboo.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Barnes & Noble's B2G1 deal on DC comics led me to buy two omnibi to get a $22 mask for free.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Money has been super tight this last year or so but I just got a better paying job. I need to get caught up on my comics and I prefer larger formats (Happy Hippo n' omnibuses A/A/F). I'm dying to read Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers and was wondering if any OSHCs have been announced (I'm sure an omnibus will be a while). Does anyone know if they will blend in the NA issues with the Avengers issues like they are doing with the Fantastic Four/FF omnibus vol 2? Or is that not necessary? How does Infinity fit into all this (by this I mean when the omnibuses come out will it be included?)? Basically, what would be the best way to collect it all in the largest possible volumes?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Happy Hippo posted:

Money has been super tight this last year or so but I just got a better paying job. I need to get caught up on my comics and I prefer larger formats (Happy Hippo n' omnibuses A/A/F). I'm dying to read Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers and was wondering if any OSHCs have been announced (I'm sure an omnibus will be a while). Does anyone know if they will blend in the NA issues with the Avengers issues like they are doing with the Fantastic Four/FF omnibus vol 2? Or is that not necessary? How does Infinity fit into all this (by this I mean when the omnibuses come out will it be included?)? Basically, what would be the best way to collect it all in the largest possible volumes?

There's an Infinity omni that includes the Avengers and NA issues in them, presumably in reading order. I think there's OSHCs of both Avengers and New Avengers, but not combined.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

I don't often have anything to brag about, but here's a new Joe Hill hardcover, signed and a week before its release. I am a happy man.

Street Soldier
Oct 28, 2005

An egotistical being like myself can't be allowed to live...
Does that have something to do with the NOS4A2 book?

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
It's a prequel or side story.

My wife got hers today too.. but it's not signed.. but we did take a picture of Joe Hill and his family awkwardly at SDCC.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Okay, so Marvel is apparently reprinting the Howard the Duck omnibus. I wonder if they are building to anything...

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Metal Loaf posted:

Okay, so Marvel is apparently reprinting the Howard the Duck omnibus. I wonder if they are building to anything...

No.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Haha, yeah, it's probably just me being a bit :tinfoil: and all that.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
They like money and he's a hot topic. Idiots will buy it and remember that its actually quite shite.

Street Soldier
Oct 28, 2005

An egotistical being like myself can't be allowed to live...
Doesn't George Lucas want to do a Howard movie?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Veg posted:

They like money and he's a hot topic. Idiots will buy it and remember that its actually quite shite.

Gerber's Howard The Duck is one of the better things Marvel's ever published. Have you ever actually read it or are you just assuming it's bad?

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Gerber's Howard The Duck is one of the better things Marvel's ever published. Have you ever actually read it or are you just assuming it's bad?

I have read some Howard the Duck and it was p bad

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Veg posted:

I have read some Howard the Duck and it was p bad

Fair enough, you're somewhat alone in that point of view though. It's a pretty well-regarded comic. Gerber and Colan were firing on all cylinders there.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

What I've read of HTD I thought was pretty lame also. As far as gag comic characters go, Marvel should be buying the Herbie Popnecker license instead.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

What's with all this wrongposting going around lately? Is DT infecting BSS?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

What's with all this wrongposting going around lately? Is DT infecting BSS?

Forget it, Endless Mike. It's Awfultown.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Maybe he/she read the Howard the Duck series that weren't by Gerber?
Space Fish, I'm very jealous of those 52 and Animal Man omni. Ok, also the mask.

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
Media Duckling was awesome Howard the Duck is awesome.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I picked up the Howard the Duck omnibus at a con for $50 a few years ago and devoured it. Some issues are a little lame, but the total experience was fun, especially within the Marvel universe.

A used Amazon seller just made my day with a sub-$100 copy of Absolute League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Volume 1. The slipcase, true to the thread title, has a couple dents, but the set is otherwise in excellent condition and completes my LOEG collection, unless Century magically gets a matching treatment someday.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Unfortunately, I've turned into a 20-something who moves from apartment to apartment every year. What does this mean? I'm sick of lugging around so much media. I'm selling off pretty much all my books, hardcover comics, and trades. You can find a list here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3658400

I've kept pretty much everything in immaculate condition.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
So it looks like DC is going to be releasing more Legion of Superheroes!!! Long live the Legion!

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 19, 2014

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

bobkatt013 posted:

So it looks like DC is going to be releasing more Legion of Superheroes!!! Long live the Legion!

Which stuff are they doing? Levitz/Giffen? I know they recently re-released the Great Darkness Saga and the Curse in paperback.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Metal Loaf posted:

Which stuff are they doing? Levitz/Giffen? I know they recently re-released the Great Darkness Saga and the Curse in paperback.

Another Showcase. I think they are now up to the last archive that they released.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like there's also going to be a new Marvel omnibus collecting Fraction's F4 and FF run.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Metal Loaf posted:

I still wonder what impact the Epic Collections is going to have on what gets collected as omniboo. From what I gather, Epics are selling pretty well, and I reckon they're a heck of a lot cheaper for everyone concerned. I wonder if Marvel's going to start emphasising event-based (i.e. Infinity Gauntlet, Annihilation) and more contemporary (Hickman FF, Remender X-Force) omnibus collections.

Like, I'm not sure they'll ever do "Fantastic Four by Lee and Kirby" Vol. 3 when they can run off three or four Epics to make up the difference for a lot less cost.

If Marvel believes there is an opportunity to reprint the same material in multiple formats and make money, they will do so....

I fully expect to see a FF vol. 3 Omnibus in the future. Personally I collect the HC MMW and have every one but may dip into Epics like Wolverine that the MMW will not likely touch for quite some time.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I am selling a bunch of trades overs here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3659429

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Well Marvel isn't wasting any time reprinting Dark Horse Star Wars comics:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TheManWithNoName posted:

What is that collecting?

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Rhyno posted:

What is that collecting?

http://www.starwars.com/news/marvel-announces-star-wars-legends-epic-collection

COLLECTING: STAR WARS: REPUBLIC 78-80, STAR WARS: PURGE 1, STAR WARS: PURGE — SECONDS TO DIE 1, STAR WARS: PURGE — THE HIDDEN BLADE 1, STAR WARS: PURGE — THE TYRANT’S FIST 1-2, STAR WARS: DARTH VADER AND THE LOST COMMAND 1-5, STAR WARS: DARK TIMES 1-5

All from 2005 to 2012.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I wonder if they are going to add all that poo poo to comixology.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it, so much for reprints in publication order.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Rhyno posted:

God drat it, so much for reprints in publication order.

It's interesting because originally the Epic Collection line was pretty much going to be straight publication order (in random volumes), but this Star Wars one seems much more curated. The press release says they plan on printing everything eventually, but it looks like Marvel is more concerned with story order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TheManWithNoName posted:

Obviously, I'm absolutely, positively, completely and utterly thrilled about this (because Republic is indisputably the best Star Wars comic of them all), but I think Star Wars is a bit of an odd choice for the Epic line, for the reasons you've mentioned. There's an ongoing storyline, sure - in fact there's several - but it often takes place across several different ongoing series rather than just the one.

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Aug 28, 2014