Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I dig it. The scratch logo was outdated in 2002, and it was a complete mismatch with the current product. This is a huge improvement.

TL fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Aug 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

TL posted:

I did it.

So YOU drove the white hummer you bastard!

But yeah the new logo is vastly better than the scratch logo in the YOOL 2014.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

HerraS posted:

So YOU drove the white hummer you bastard!

But yeah the new logo is vastly better than the scratch logo in the YOOL 2014.

That was a moronic typo on my part.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

where do I go now that I've gone too far?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Now there's a wrestling shirt I'd buy. And I bet it doesn't have anything stupid on the back, either!

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014
My god. It's ... beautiful.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I really don't like the new logo much at all. Just updating the retro WW logo with those colors would have looked so much better.

I still like the new logo versus the scratch logo, scratch needed to go a LONG time ago. However, I can say I would've definitely preferred a variation of the WWE "block" logo since it's so familiar and had been around for so long. I still wonder what they'll do with the belts and the new logo...will they re-do the existing WWE championship that Rock debuted with the new logo? Re-logo all the existing belts? Design a entirely different unified belt for the WHC with the new logo and scrap the current two?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ozz81 posted:

I still like the new logo versus the scratch logo, scratch needed to go a LONG time ago. However, I can say I would've definitely preferred a variation of the WWE "block" logo since it's so familiar and had been around for so long. I still wonder what they'll do with the belts and the new logo...will they re-do the existing WWE championship that Rock debuted with the new logo? Re-logo all the existing belts? Design a entirely different unified belt for the WHC with the new logo and scrap the current two?

They've redone the WWE Championship and supposedly that is the belt they'll use going forward.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I think the hope of getting totally new belts is just a wish. This is the new WWE Title, and I'm assuming all of the other titles will just be the same thing with the new logo in place of the old:

I wish they would change that shitball Divas Title, though. I don't mind the Tag Titles so much but they're not really very impressive either.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

did they big-gold-beltify the side plates on that? that'd be cool

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
It's going to be interesting to see that belt debut on Monday with Jimmy John's logos on the side plates.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Phenix Rising posted:

I think the hope of getting totally new belts is just a wish. This is the new WWE Title, and I'm assuming all of the other titles will just be the same thing with the new logo in place of the old:

I wish they would change that shitball Divas Title, though. I don't mind the Tag Titles so much but they're not really very impressive either.

While I like the logo, I kinda hate that the main plate doesn't even seen CHAMPION on it.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

TL posted:

While I like the logo, I kinda hate that the main plate doesn't even seen CHAMPION on it.

It still feels like a toy; I wish they'd bring back the eagle in some way.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

TL posted:

Hard to tell but I figured it would say CHAMPION in the same spot at the bottom. Maybe they shrunk the letters? Also, anyone else think the main plate would look better with a world globe behind the logo?

BOOTY-ADE fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 17, 2014

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Dig the new side plates.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

TL posted:

on the plus side, it doesn't say CHAMP

still cringe that Punk had to wear that thing for fourteen months.

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators
Conversation made me look up some other belts - found this article.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/alternate-wwe-title-designs-photos

This would have been the best loving belt in history.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

Stephen Colbert would be proud

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I wish WWE belts still looked like things real athletes would actually compete for instead of giant company logos.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

But how will the people who are watching the WWE know that it's a WWE belt without it having a giant WWE logo on it?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

The new belt is considerably less obnoxious than most NASCAR trophies when it comes to corporate branding.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

If only it had gold side plates that looked like extensions of the eagle's wings, that would be pretty awesome. Even if this belt looks kinda ridiculous, I like the direction they were going with keeping an eagle theme of some sort.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Fauxhawk Express posted:

The new belt is considerably less obnoxious than most NASCAR trophies when it comes to corporate branding.

New WWE title:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

That is one of the exceptions. (Daytona 500 and Brickyard trophies being the others)

Would be a great vanity title for Boogeyman.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Willie Mack, a cat

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

kidcoelacanth posted:

New WWE title:

I would fully support John Cena having to lug a giant grandfather clock to the ring every Raw.

Also, think of the ladder matches. :stare:

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Del Raminos fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 18, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CombineThresher posted:

I wish WWE belts still looked like things real athletes would actually compete for instead of giant company logos.

The UFC title is a giant UFC logo in front of an octagon shaped cage. It doesn't say anything other than the company name under it. It looks cool. The current WWE title looks good too.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Nattie's Lesbian Make A Wish

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

rovert posted:

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

rovert posted:

Those are actually her meals for the evening. If you remove the 3 girls on the right, you'll see its Natalya's hand on the far right. She's really a spider monster.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Del Rio promo to start Triplemania

Rey video promo to end Triplemania

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Heyman's new stable is looking pretty good.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

If Ronda Rousey ever gets into pro wrestling, I wanna see her go through the Divas Brock Lesnar Style

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Wait, is that a real thing that happened? I saw the gif and just thought it was WrasslorMonkey doing his usual magic.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rhonne posted:

Heyman's new stable is looking pretty good.

Too many jobbers.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Phenix Rising posted:

Wait, is that a real thing that happened? I saw the gif and just thought it was WrasslorMonkey doing his usual magic.

It was not a Photoshop.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Too many jobbers.

not much different from his last stable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Chris James 2 posted:

Rey video promo to end Triplemania

Rey, please retire. Your knees literally have no cartilage.