Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Arrath posted:

As an aficionado of industrial/Black Mesa styled bases, this door loving rules. Good work!

You should see the next level (I doubt I'll ever finish it though :ohdear:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.
Is that last screenshot an elevator? If so, how are you going to get it to move?

EDIT
Also is anyone else getting problems with the digital miner? I can't seem to get it to connect to conduits without it crashing the game. When I enter the world again, the conduits and the miner are there, but the two aren't connecting.

mechanicalFactory fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 16, 2014

TheDead1
Aug 12, 2007

mechanicalFactory posted:

Is that last screenshot an elevator? If so, how are you going to get it to move?

EDIT
Also is anyone else getting problems with the digital miner? I can't seem to get it to connect to conduits without it crashing the game. When I enter the world again, the conduits and the miner are there, but the two aren't connecting.

Are you placing the miner down after the conduits? The miner loves to crash the game when you place it down to a TE conduit/cell, you put the miner down first.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

So thats what the problem was. I got it working now, thank you!

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood
So we added Statues last night.. what a fun mod.

I call this Faith + 2:

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

mechaet posted:

So we added Statues last night.. what a fun mod.

I call this Faith + 2:

You should log into progress and look at axels bar. It's something screenshots cannot properly capture.

Statues is a rad mod.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

There's an openblocks Elevator in the middle of the carpet that takes you up/down to an identical looking elevator.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy
Is there a good alternative to TE conduits and ducts while I wait for the 1.7 version of their conduits & ducts mod to arrive?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Carry it all by hand.

(Or use EnderIO stuff)

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

:parrot:
Here are some ModTweaker recipes for AE2 crystal growth in the Factorization crystallizer, if anybody cares about that.

code:
//InputStack, OutputStack, SolutionStack, OutputCount
mods.factorization.Crystallizer.addRecipe(<appliedenergistics2:item.ItemCrystalSeed>.withTag({progress: 0}), <appliedenergistics2:item.ItemMultiMaterial:10>, <minecraft:water_bucket>, 3.5);
mods.factorization.Crystallizer.addRecipe(<appliedenergistics2:item.ItemCrystalSeed:600>.withTag({progress: 600}), <appliedenergistics2:item.ItemMultiMaterial:11>, <minecraft:water_bucket>, 3.5);
mods.factorization.Crystallizer.addRecipe(<appliedenergistics2:item.ItemCrystalSeed:1200>.withTag({progress: 1200}), <appliedenergistics2:item.ItemMultiMaterial:12>, <minecraft:water_bucket>, 3.5);
(Replace 3.5 with your desired [guaranteed].[chance] output ratio.)

Banandana
Aug 14, 2014
Is anyone interested in getting another server going? I was playing with some friends on a custom modpack (1.6.4) and the server kind of died and I don't want to pay for it to sit empty. I was considering making an FTB anarchy server.

It's a 3GB RAM server running a Xeon E5-1650 V2 with an SSD (USA based). It doesn't lag unless someone messes with Mystcraft, and that's after 190 mods. If it gets used, it can be expanded.

I'll pay for it entirely as long as people are playing it. I'm more technically inclined whereas others might be better at advertising the server or bringing players.

Does this sound interesting?

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Limerick posted:

Here are some ModTweaker recipes for AE2 crystal growth in the Factorization crystallizer, if anybody cares about that.

code:
//InputStack, OutputStack, SolutionStack, OutputCount
mods.factorization.Crystallizer.addRecipe(<appliedenergistics2:item.ItemCrystalSeed>.withTag({progress: 0}), <appliedenergistics2:item.ItemMultiMaterial:10>, <minecraft:water_bucket>, 3.5);
mods.factorization.Crystallizer.addRecipe(<appliedenergistics2:item.ItemCrystalSeed:600>.withTag({progress: 600}), <appliedenergistics2:item.ItemMultiMaterial:11>, <minecraft:water_bucket>, 3.5);
mods.factorization.Crystallizer.addRecipe(<appliedenergistics2:item.ItemCrystalSeed:1200>.withTag({progress: 1200}), <appliedenergistics2:item.ItemMultiMaterial:12>, <minecraft:water_bucket>, 3.5);
(Replace 3.5 with your desired [guaranteed].[chance] output ratio.)

I tried adding this and when I reload my scripts it says "no such member: factorization" and fails to load the script. Am I missing something obvious? I just copy/pasted into a new script file.
edit: and obviously AE2 and Factorization are installed. As far as I can tell from the Minetweaker wiki, this all looks legit and I'm using the latest MT so I don't know wtf.

Fortis fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Aug 17, 2014

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Fortis posted:

I tried adding this and when I reload my scripts it says "no such member: factorization" and fails to load the script. Am I missing something obvious? I just copy/pasted into a new script file.
edit: and obviously AE2 and Factorization are installed. As far as I can tell from the Minetweaker wiki, this all looks legit and I'm using the latest MT so I don't know wtf.

You need ModTweaker.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Taffer posted:

You need ModTweaker.

Ah, that did it, thanks!

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
Will the BR computer port work with OpenComputers?

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
How would I get ex nihilo dusts in an ME network to get autosmelted and stored back into the network? I want to auto assemble 4 pulverized dusts into a smeltable dust whenever I get at least 4. So I assume I need to start with a level emitter, but I can't figure out how to get the ME network to automatically combine the 4 into a usable dust. I can use the chamber manually for this, but I was hoping it could just take care of it in some way while I'm offline.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

You could have an export bus to an autocrafter block like the cyclic assembler from TE, and then have the results feed back into the network. The problem with that would be you need to have an assembler for each type of dust you have in the network. Once you have the assembled dust block, have another export bus feed the blocks into your furnace/smelting setup.

Hitch
Jul 1, 2012

You could have an export bus to an autocrafter block like the cyclic assembler from TE, and then have the results feed back into the network. The problem with that would be you need to have an assembler for each type of dust you have in the network. Once you have the assembled dust block, have another export bus feed the blocks into your furnace/smelting setup.

Blocks like the Autopackager and something similar from Factorization may help. They take items and try to combine them into a 2x2 or 3x3 pattern and output the result. That may cover all different types of dusts.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
What mods gently caress with the blade powder to blaze rod recipe? I am playing the FTB Monster pack and something has removed that recipe and I can't find a blaze or nether fortress in the nether for poo poo and removing that recipe is stupid.

vvv - well gently caress!

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 17, 2014

Kiyanis
Sep 25, 2007

BBQ Now.

Reason posted:

What mods gently caress with the blade powder to blaze rod recipe? I am playing the FTB Monster pack and something has removed that recipe and I can't find a blaze or nether fortress in the nether for poo poo and removing that recipe is stupid.

Blaze powder into a blaze rod isn't a vanilla recipe. If you had it at any point, it was added by another mod.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Blaze_Powder

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Oh Railcraft:

Was talking to my wife and emptying a chest from my digiminer out. At least I was in the process of moving everything into the factory next door anyhow.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Hitch posted:

Blocks like the Autopackager and something similar from Factorization may help. They take items and try to combine them into a 2x2 or 3x3 pattern and output the result. That may cover all different types of dusts.

I'm trying this one right now. It almost works perfectly, but it gets jammed up with leftover pieces. Like, 1 dust will sit in the thing and keep it clogged until more of that dust show up. I mitigated it by exporting round-robin in groups of 4.

I was wondering; do any of the crafting modes in precision export buses take care of this, if I have a crafting recipe in the network?

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Gerdalti posted:

Oh Railcraft:

Was talking to my wife and emptying a chest from my digiminer out. At least I was in the process of moving everything into the factory next door anyhow.

You didn't pay the $40/month Patreon contribution to make Railcraft compatible with wives.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Gerdalti posted:

Oh Railcraft:

So, what happened?

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

SugarAddict posted:

So, what happened?

Oh sorry. Railcraft has an ore the lights things (and you) on fire when it's in your inventory.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
...what? Really? That's worse than the unstable ingots, wow.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Onean posted:

...what? Really? That's worse than the unstable ingots, wow.

Not really. Throw it in a backpack or something while you're walking around and it's not a big deal. I have no idea why anyone would automate it - it's not used in much, last I saw, and a few pieces will do most anyone.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.

Gerdalti posted:

Oh sorry. Railcraft has an ore the lights things (and you) on fire when it's in your inventory.

The idea that there is an ore that lights you and your surrounding environment on fire is somewhat ludicrous when you can carry around a bucket of lava around with no harm to anything.(Outside of a misclick, but then it is your own drat fault.)

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

So I've never modded Minecraft before and me and my friends are thinking about getting back into the game. Normally, we just have someone run the vanilla Minecraft Server Host on their PC and we connect to them. I was wondering if hosting mods will significantly affect game performance? If not, then my next question is what's the best way to gather MP mods? Technic seems great but only good for single player? My understand is the best way to run MP mods is to get the Forge API then just search for cool mods that run that? Doing it this way means that all the mods are server side and no additional installation is needed, correct? However, you can still run clientside mods like minimaps?

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Xtanstic posted:

So I've never modded Minecraft before and me and my friends are thinking about getting back into the game. Normally, we just have someone run the vanilla Minecraft Server Host on their PC and we connect to them. I was wondering if hosting mods will significantly affect game performance? If not, then my next question is what's the best way to gather MP mods? Technic seems great but only good for single player? My understand is the best way to run MP mods is to get the Forge API then just search for cool mods that run that? Doing it this way means that all the mods are server side and no additional installation is needed, correct? However, you can still run clientside mods like minimaps?

It will definitely affect performance significantly, mods make the game massively bigger and more resource intensive. Technic is your best bet, if you've never done anything with mods before you'll be better off finding a pack you like rather than making your own - ultimately it is pretty easy to get a pack together, but if you're first dipping your toes in you'll want to get familiar before doing that. And yes Technic will work for clients connecting to a server, provided they have all all the mods that the server is running.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I am looking for clever tricks with level emitters in AE. I am using them to keep essence levels filled without running out of control. The problem is a precision export bus to a chest for dumping seeds will just unload tons of them while I am low on essence. The farming takes time so this ends up overcompensating.

I decided to blacklist exporting cobble and just fill all but one slot with them. I wondered if instead there was a common way for it to unload exactly the amount I need. I was hoping something with an ME interface so I can force some essence to get made at the same time. Is there an all-in-one solution?

On Voltz i use level emitters to automate the Atomic Assemblers (Quantum Assemblers 1.6.4)
You need to have a level emitter set to trigger on specific amount (ie >200) you then set the export bus to export single not stack and only active with signal.

This will then output the item when there is more than 200 in the ME system.
on the other side you have an import bus set up the same way except <200.
In this way if you drop below 200 items it will suck them out of whatever you are putting it into (deep storage)

DO NOT PUT a Storage bus on the deep storage as it will count the items in there as part of the count and not work.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Xtanstic posted:

I used Technic pack and MultiMC to put together my own modpack.
http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/morepower.360693

setting up the server is quite hard as you cannot have clientside only mods on the server so its not quite the same as the client setup. - you can always launch on lan a single player game whether modded or not.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Xtanstic posted:

I would pick an existing modpack in a launcher of your choice. They usually have server downloads, and it lets your friends get the necessary stuff painlessly.

Servers can run fine on a pc you are playing from. I usually host a server for my friends and play from my pc and it is fine, I still have 120+ fps while playing and the only time there's server lag is if I start doing something really cpu intensive. My pc is even kind of old at this point, but it's no slouch. It's an i7 3770k with 16gb of ram and I had the server stuff on an ssd. I did some have tick rate issues here and there with madpack, but that poo poo lags without a server running just playing single player so that's not particularly surprising. TPPI ran smooth and it has a billion mods.

So if someone has a good pc and isn't going to be running games or programs that hit their cpu hard it's fine for them to run the server. Otherwise, it will interfere with the play experience for others. If they're just playing minecraft with you it should be fine.

Erogenous Beef
Dec 20, 2006

i know the filthy secrets of your heart

Danny Glands posted:

Will the BR computer port work with OpenComputers?

Yes. Same API and everything.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

TheresaJayne posted:

On Voltz i use level emitters to automate the Atomic Assemblers (Quantum Assemblers 1.6.4)
You need to have a level emitter set to trigger on specific amount (ie >200) you then set the export bus to export single not stack and only active with signal.

This will then output the item when there is more than 200 in the ME system.
on the other side you have an import bus set up the same way except <200.
In this way if you drop below 200 items it will suck them out of whatever you are putting it into (deep storage)

DO NOT PUT a Storage bus on the deep storage as it will count the items in there as part of the count and not work.

I forgot to get back on to report I had some success with the move/craft option in precision export buses. I saw those on Applied Energistic's site and figured I'd give it a try. I set the level emitter to emit when there are 4 or more Ex Nihilo pulverized dusts of some given ore. This was monitored by a precision export bus that was set to move/craft the combined ore dust, with a pattern of it installed in the ME assembly chamber. After doing this for a few ores, I found it was clogging up my crafting CPUs. I couldn't tell, but it looked like it was queuing up the crafting of an ore when there weren't enough pulverized dusts.

I thought about it overnight and figured maybe the lag between the emitter and the bus was severe enough that I was cutting it too close; the level emitter would not shut off before the export bus would try to queue up another operation with insufficient resources. I'm thinking maybe setting the emitter to go off at a higher number like 32 or something. I will be able to try it tonight, but I'm hoping you or somebody else would have something smart to say about the whole process.

Another problem I have is my elite smelting factories that processes all this stuff end up only getting the leftmost slot ejected when there's a mix of ores. It's like the servo tries to pull a stack, pulls the 1st slot, waits a little, finds the smelting factory put one more thing in that slot, and pulled just that one again. Is there a smarter way to extract the items? Just tesseract them all?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I know FTB is a bit unpopular around here, but are there any goon-run Yogscast Complete Pack servers?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Another problem I have is my elite smelting factories that processes all this stuff end up only getting the leftmost slot ejected when there's a mix of ores. It's like the servo tries to pull a stack, pulls the 1st slot, waits a little, finds the smelting factory put one more thing in that slot, and pulled just that one again. Is there a smarter way to extract the items? Just tesseract them all?

Can you output directly into an ME interface placed adjacent to the factory? That'll work if Mekanism factories push outputs the way that TE redstone furnaces do.

RmansRvnge
Dec 10, 2000

Lizard Wizard posted:

I know FTB is a bit unpopular around here, but are there any goon-run Yogscast Complete Pack servers?
Isn't YCC affiliated with AT Launcher, not FTB? I too would be interested in such a server though.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

Lizard Wizard posted:

Why is anyone continuing to give those guys any attention, at all? After they bilked their kickstarter backers into overpaying for TUG licenses, who would want to hear from these guys anymore?

(I didn't back their kickstarter)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

mechaet posted:

Why is anyone continuing to give those guys any attention, at all? After they bilked their kickstarter backers into overpaying for TUG licenses, who would want to hear from these guys anymore?

(I didn't back their kickstarter)

I am entertained by their videos and really want to play with the mod loadout they're using, which doesn't mean I condone all their actions. Hope this helps answer your question.

• Locked thread