Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

The campaign is for idiots they probably figured nobody would notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Maneki Neko posted:

So I am dumb and played some of the campaign. When I went to look today, all my campaign progress from the last day or so is gone. Is this normal? Is it ever coming back?

Ahahaha. Oh my god I can't believe they haven't fixed this. What a ridiculous level of negligence. Why fix it I guess it's just a little bug that makes our single player campaign unplayable.

I straight up played through it in one sitting because I didn't trust that it wouldn't erase my save for the 4th time.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I just wish I would join a squad and have some people that use their mics. I don't think I've encountered anyone that uses one. Would make working as a team a lot more effective.

revolther
May 27, 2008
I like the concept of squad play and mics team work, but organizing and playing with people just reeks of effort I'm too cool for.

I want it to happen organically, when it does it's great; you and some stranger tank crew through the level like golden gods.

Afterwards they send a friend request and ruin it. We both did what was appropriate, we don't need to know each or make a big deal of it.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

revolther posted:

I like the concept of squad play and mics team work, but organizing and playing with people just reeks of effort I'm too cool for.

I want it to happen organically, when it does it's great; you and some stranger tank crew through the level like golden gods.

Afterwards they send a friend request and ruin it. We both did what was appropriate, we don't need to know each or make a big deal of it.

I used to be able to get this pretty regularly on BF3 for the 360; you could search servers for the word "mic" or "mics only" and a bunch would pop up for voice chat users. That doesn't seem to be the case in 4 though (probably because everyone now has the little speaker symbol next to their name now regardless of whether or not they're mic'd).

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

You want to play with people who work together and talk to you, but your crippling asperger's won't let you use the website and play with goons. Must be tough. :(

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

It's really hard on the PS4 to play with people. You gotta start the system, go to the party screen, and then select which party you want to join that your friends are in.

edit: hahaha does the platinum box change based on the thread/forum you're in?

edit2: hurrrrrrr SA logo is the grenade it has nothing to do with battlefield :downs:

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah I miss playing with the euro goons in the morning since I got put back on second shift. Still better than Midnights though, I just have to turn on the ps4 while some goons are still playing. I keep showing up at like 2am central and nobody is online anymore. If you see a party going for a game you wanna play just join it and make friends, most everybody is pretty chill and fun to play with.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Parties (at least when I make them) are joinable by any friend of anyone in the party. Just join. We're cool. Seems like a lot of new people join then leave soon after without saying anything. Don't be like those dinguses.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah we promise to not make fun of you until after you leave. It would help if people named their parties better based on what they are playing though. Either way it's leagues better than playing by yourself.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I have no problem joining a party, then if I then see they're not playing the game I want to play I'll belittle their game choice before moving on. That'll teach them to be playing battlefield when I want to shankmans in last of us.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Just applied to the BUTT platoon, PS4 username is Jlbenne4 incase anyone was wondering who that was.

revolther
May 27, 2008
It's kinda like holding a door long enough to let the next guy grab it, you don't want him all, "OMG You hold doors too!?! Let's be friends forever! What's your phone number? Wanna touch penis'? Let me tell you about this non door holder I teabagged yesterday!"

A simple nod is sufficient.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Hey, if the man is happy with his .81 KDR he can rock out however he wants.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mustang posted:

Just applied to the BUTT platoon, PS4 username is Jlbenne4 incase anyone was wondering who that was.

Probably just better to add people off the stats site. None of the platoons are very serious or frequented especially BUTT. Then just join a few goon parties and add people and eventually you will have someone to play with pretty much 24/7.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Aug 16, 2014

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Now isn't this just the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?

http://1drv.ms/1uEcf65

I could watch this all day :allears:

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I approve this message.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I honestly thought when he turned around there would be three more shankings.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

revolther posted:

It's kinda like holding a door long enough to let the next guy grab it, you don't want him all, "OMG You hold doors too!?! Let's be friends forever! What's your phone number? Wanna touch penis'? Let me tell you about this non door holder I teabagged yesterday!"

A simple nod is sufficient.

Yeah, when this happens, I'll usually accept the friend request to make them happy then delete it the next day. This also surprisingly happens very often with Latino dudes. It would seem that talking in broken Spanish about your small penis whenever you hear people talking Spanish in their mics is a very good strategy at getting a whole load of Latino PSN friends.

Laminar
Dec 11, 2006

I have a 3 month lease on a BF4 server on ps4 (East Coastt) that really isn't being used right now. If anybody wants to use it friend me on ps4 (Qamutiq).

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Our communally funded ps4 server isn't used much at all either. Maybe we should rename it? Aspergers Central doesn't have the same draw as the old Nerd Slaughterhouse on 360

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Can we rename it ferguson police official trainer server? All the videos from that whole thing are getting me more and more excited for hard line.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

NESguerilla posted:

Probably just better to add people off the stats site. None of the platoons are very serious or frequented especially BUTT. Then just join a few goon parties and add people and eventually you will have someone to play with pretty much 24/7.

Ah, alright, thanks. Last console I played a lot was the 360 and that was years ago so I'm used to using metatags to find people to party with.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

V for Vegans posted:

Can we rename it ferguson police official trainer server? All the videos from that whole thing are getting me more and more excited for hard line.

Done. Remember to like and favorite Official Ferguson PD Simulator and murder all campers.

E: also considering "The Military-Industrial COMPLEX", "endless murder meatgrinder" and "too cowardly to join the real military server" because I am a vet and i hate everything.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Aug 16, 2014

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I'm a veteran too.

OF LIFE.

28 tours maaaaaaan.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Fateo McMurray posted:

Parties (at least when I make them) are joinable by any friend of anyone in the party. Just join. We're cool. Seems like a lot of new people join then leave soon after without saying anything. Don't be like those dinguses.
I'm guilty of joining squads, and it's usually full of loud Canadians/Americans/Arabs. Which is interesting, because for me they are my serious favourite countries. Canada has underground mega-malls, that actually heat up the cities above, and they're probably pretty important cities. America has robust home security measures. Arabs have the best hummus and sweet curvy swords.

Guys. Also keyboard vomit.

verdigris murder fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Aug 16, 2014

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

red19fire posted:

Done. Remember to like and favorite Official Ferguson PD Simulator and murder all campers.

E: also considering "The Military-Industrial COMPLEX", "endless murder meatgrinder" and "too cowardly to join the real military server" because I am a vet and i hate everything.

Hell yeah, hope I get some good messages outta this poo poo.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

jihading with dirtbikes will never get old. pubbies get SUPER mad about it on silk road since they all sit in the same spot.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I wish I got more hatemail RE: the UCAV. its such a cheap, lovely way to die, and so few people have it they probably think its a cheat, but still my inbox is a vast empty tundra :(

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I wish I got hatemail at all. Nothing I do ever is annoying enough I guess. Just once I'd like to dip my balls in someones mouth and get a rage message about it.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
One for the DEAGLEMANIA! montage

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I've just about done all of the Dragon's Floss assignments. All I need is the Killjoy dog tag and winning a Chainlink match when the other team has less than 50 tickets left or whatever is going to take a while.

The assignments that have you use different weapons are the most fun though. I wouldn't know how deadly the Assault's flechette darts are otherwise.

I think I'll move onto Naval Strike next.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

At this point people who play Battlefield don't get mad about dying to cheap bullshit. No one's going to send a rage message about a UCAV.

Have people noticed how loving hard it is to cap the second set of points on Shanghai lately? http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2682054420952460&gamertag=Iscariote&vid=60eb1fc9-2f6f-46d1-8fc4-4563e3a2a0af

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I've only ever had a dude message me once a few days ago and it was "only faggots use mortars"

I was on a map and getting curb stomped by a bunch of people from the same clan. They did huge zerg rushes and I just mortared the hell out of them. Was my best K/D R to date, something like 38 kills and 5 deaths. I love mortars, its my favorite gadget

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Mustang posted:

I've only ever had a dude message me once a few days ago and it was "only faggots use mortars"

I was on a map and getting curb stomped by a bunch of people from the same clan. They did huge zerg rushes and I just mortared the hell out of them. Was my best K/D R to date, something like 38 kills and 5 deaths. I love mortars, its my favorite gadget

Do you have the UCAV unlocked or have access to it? It's more fun and satisfying to see the people you're blowing up. Plus it makes a cool sound.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

whrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

djinndarc
Dec 20, 2012

"I'm Bender, baby, please insert liquor!"
As I mentioned earlier, I'm new to BF4 and also to FPS in general. Are there any good guides, tutorials, youtube vids, etc. that I should check out? (to give you an example, before reading about turning controller sensitivity down, I did not know that that was a thing and just assumed that I was the worst aimer in the world).

Also, I hear a lot about the importance of teamwork and sticking with your squad (I assume your squad is represented in green in the game), yet I rarely see people do that. Almost always, the people in my squad take off in different directions, and I feel like I'm lone wolfing it more than I'd like. Am I missing something?

Last, I'd still love to play with some goons. I registered with the BF goon platoon, and even sent our some friend requests to folks. I've been dealing with some technical issues (not being able to get on PSN for about 3 or 4 days, then my PS4 dying yesterday and having to be replaced) and haven't really gotten to squad up with anybody on here. So, while I did read the OP and go through the whole protocol of joining the platoon, any PS4 goons, please hit me up with a friend request or invite me to your squad or whatever. I'd greatly appreciate it. PSN: genkun

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

laertes22 posted:

As I mentioned earlier, I'm new to BF4 and also to FPS in general.

It's going to interesting until you get some twitch memory. Like being good at lovely bar tricks and other "talents", you're sometimes going up against douchebags who've been playing FPS games since Goldeneye and flippin quarters into shotglasses since Nirvana.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Snackpack Backpack posted:

Do you have the UCAV unlocked or have access to it? It's more fun and satisfying to see the people you're blowing up. Plus it makes a cool sound.

Nah not yet, that sounds awesome though.

Laertes I'm also new to BF4 and I'll add you on once I get home, my PSN is Jlbenne4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

laertes22 posted:

As I mentioned earlier, I'm new to BF4 and also to FPS in general. Are there any good guides, tutorials, youtube vids, etc. that I should check out? (to give you an example, before reading about turning controller sensitivity down, I did not know that that was a thing and just assumed that I was the worst aimer in the world).

Also, I hear a lot about the importance of teamwork and sticking with your squad (I assume your squad is represented in green in the game), yet I rarely see people do that. Almost always, the people in my squad take off in different directions, and I feel like I'm lone wolfing it more than I'd like. Am I missing something?

Last, I'd still love to play with some goons. I registered with the BF goon platoon, and even sent our some friend requests to folks. I've been dealing with some technical issues (not being able to get on PSN for about 3 or 4 days, then my PS4 dying yesterday and having to be replaced) and haven't really gotten to squad up with anybody on here. So, while I did read the OP and go through the whole protocol of joining the platoon, any PS4 goons, please hit me up with a friend request or invite me to your squad or whatever. I'd greatly appreciate it. PSN: genkun

I would suggest you add a message to your invite. I typically add "PS4 Goon" or something so the person doesn't assume it's a person they may have run into in a server.

Aslo people rarely seem to work as a squad. If you switch mid game to the highest scoring squad that might help.

• Locked thread