Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Yeah, the new user experience for this game is awful, and the pilot token changes are really dumb.

It'd be so much better if they gave you 1 pilot token every 5 levels, and then gave you 3 when you hit 40. You still get 10 tokens for maxing out a frame but it would be spread out in a way that would allow you to mix and match your frames. Getting each basic frame to level 10 would give you enough tokens to unlock your frame of choice, encouraging people to try all of the basic frames some.

I also hope they do something for players at 40 to encourage you to continue gaining experience. Perhaps every X experience past 40 would reward you with some sort of token or voucher that you could redeem for sweet loot, or perhaps things like XP boosters which you could use to help level another frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Fina posted:

It'd be so much better if they gave you 1 pilot token every 5 levels, and then gave you 3 when you hit 40.

This would be fantastic. It's a lot like the old system that we all liked so much. I still can't figure out why they changed it. I can't imagine it provoking people into spending the beans to unlock the frame when you can buy them with credits for 1/20th the cost.

btw: If any of you are rich in credits, buy the frames now. The prices are starting to rise again and I don't expect that to stop now that people are starting to realize just now cheap they really are and are using the pilot tokens to buy epic modules instead of frames. Demand will just keep going up and relisters are capitalizing on it.

Fina posted:

I also hope they do something for players at 40 to encourage you to continue gaining experience.

The forums are loaded with people asking for some kind of prestige system for maxed frames. I myself have been -quite- vocal about losing hundreds of millions of banked xp. R5 says they'd like to have something for you to do with all your wasted xp until they raise the level cap but their plate is full with existing content plans and bug fixing the old content.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I'm trying to save up to pick up the Omnidyne LGV I looked at all the stuff I'd have to buy on the market to craft the level 40 bike and it was half the cost of the Omnidyne LGV.

Am I correct that the bean bikes like the Omnidyne can't be lost if they are destroyed or are they like crafted bikes and thumpers that you can lose?

I wish I converted all my crystite back when it was 5k limit a day, but I had no idea how important credits would be. Now I'm stuck with 300k crystite that I can't convert fast enough.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Fina posted:

Am I correct that the bean bikes like the Omnidyne can't be lost if they are destroyed or are they like crafted bikes and thumpers that you can lose?

I've never lost my crafted bike, even after the ten times I drove it off a cliff into a lake and had it explode. At the very least, I know that bean bikes don't get destroyed because I saw Thronde hit his purple bike with a thumper.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
That was an exceptional death.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
All of the crafted bikes are permanent but I approve of saving up the extra CR for the Omnidyne. The XLR may be faster than the P1 but you'll always hate people in the Omnidyne or other bean bikes when they pass you and resent the XLR for wasting your time and credits.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Well also the Omnidyne is the coolest looking.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
I think the relatively high floor on bean prices is deliberate. Look at Neverwinter right now: they're hitting the ceiling on Zen (their Bean equivalent), and have a huge backlog of people wanting to buy Zen with game money that can't get it. They're pre-compensating for inflation, is my guess.

Also, Holy poo poo you can lose crafted bikes by blowing them up? Goddamn, gently caress that.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Thanatosian posted:

I think the relatively high floor on bean prices is deliberate. Look at Neverwinter right now: they're hitting the ceiling on Zen (their Bean equivalent), and have a huge backlog of people wanting to buy Zen with game money that can't get it. They're pre-compensating for inflation, is my guess.

Also, Holy poo poo you can lose crafted bikes by blowing them up? Goddamn, gently caress that.

Because Neverwinter makes it almost impossible not to spend money and besides some gear on the exchange there's really not much you want to spend ingame currency on and the cash shop stuff is outright needed a lot of times or just plain better than the rest.

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

Thanatosian posted:

I don't think that is the case, if it was then Redbean bikes have a serious advantage. If your bike is missing, use /rui.

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Applied to GOON2 as Tiril.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

TasogareNoKagi posted:

Applied to GOON2 as Tiril.

Sure, NOW you do it. :P

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Is the reusable Battleframe Station worth picking up when I have the spare credits? Seems like it could be useful for completing missions like BWA with an awesome frame and then switching out to another frame to apply the exp reward.

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Can someone please explain what goes on inside melding tornadoes? I've gotten in a few but died soon after I collected some ore around the outer rim. What should/shouldn't I be doing in there?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Fina posted:

Is the reusable Battleframe Station worth picking up when I have the spare credits? Seems like it could be useful for completing missions like BWA with an awesome frame and then switching out to another frame to apply the exp reward.

I wouldn't buy it again. Crafting stacks of the one time use versions are cheap and gives me something to do with all the iron I get. 3 copper wire, 5 iron bars, and 200 cy each. You can craft them in stacks of 5 at a time.

SamEyeAm posted:

Can someone please explain what goes on inside melding tornadoes? I've gotten in a few but died soon after I collected some ore around the outer rim. What should/shouldn't I be doing in there?

You show up and you have a bubble in the middle of the melding that slowly retracts while crystal shards grow up and break into chunks of metals. The longer you stay in, the more each chunk is worth until it tops out at about 24 (48?) units per drop. It gets to be nice and profitable in the later stage and a fast frame can come out with 3-4k ore easily. In ye olde days of beta you would get a reward for making it to the exit and escaping. Now, you just survive. Common practice then is to stay in as long as possible looting all the loot you can and then dying when the melding finally collapses all the way. The modest repair bill is offset by the cy you get from refining your haul.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

SamEyeAm posted:

You will see exclamation points pop up indicating the giant shards you can destroy, shooting them will cause them to shatter littering the immediate area with resources. Collect those. After a certain time the melding wall will close behind you pushing you towards the exit (marked on the map), it will stop and then the next round of giant shards will pop up. The cycle repeats three or four times before the incidence collapses and you want to get out before then (it will kill you)

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

xxEightxx posted:

You will see exclamation points pop up indicating the giant shards you can destroy, shooting them will cause them to shatter littering the immediate area with resources. Collect those. After a certain time the melding wall will close behind you pushing you towards the exit (marked on the map), it will stop and then the next round of giant shards will pop up. The cycle repeats three or four times before the incidence collapses and you want to get out before then (it will kill you)
It takes a lot of climbing to get to the exit, severely cutting into your resource take. There's no real reason not to just stay in and grab everything you can until you die.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Ralith posted:

It takes a lot of climbing to get to the exit, severely cutting into your resource take. There's no real reason not to just stay in and grab everything you can until you die.

Depends which Melding Tornado Instance you get, there are three now I think? Only one involves climbing, the other two are more distance travel and terrain navigation.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

So far as I can tell, the Melding tornado zones are based on which world map you enter from.
The Coral Forest one is the most straightforward - a slowly-shrinking bubble where you collect loot, and have to climb to an exit above.
The Sertao one is a longer sort of 'race' along ruined roadway, while a bubble of melding coaxes you along, picking up resources as they spawn, working towards an exit at the end.
The Devils Tusk instance is a larger, slowly-moving bubble that forces you to stay inside it, while moving over some large outdoor ravines and a poisonous lake inside which resources come showering down. While the lake does damage you, it shouldn't be enough to prevent you sprinting around picking up the majority of the resources there before you exit.

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Ok I get it now, thanks guys.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Why is goon2 getting all the love, goon is open for invites also.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Thanatosian posted:

No. I use the lvl 25 crafted bike every day and it has blown up many times. I have never needed to craft it a second time.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!

ShadowMoo posted:

Why is goon2 getting all the love, goon is open for invites also.

When I put my invite in for GOON2, GOON was closed for invites.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
I think goon has like 7 actually active people.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
So I was fishing for a Necro HMG in my dread and the queue throws two other goons and myself into a hardcore BWA with a level 36 pubbie. And changed our frames to 21 Recon, 17 Recon (myself), and 40 Biotech. Weird.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
The servers are hosed right now. Missions are taking 5-10 minutes to update, even with relogging. People are complaining about market purchases not going through, and random freezes. I put a token in the slot machine and it lagged out and never gave me anything.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Apple Craft posted:

The servers are hosed right now. Missions are taking 5-10 minutes to update, even with relogging. People are complaining about market purchases not going through, and random freezes. I put a token in the slot machine and it lagged out and never gave me anything.

We are logged in right now and not seeing any problems. :confuoot:

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

ShadowMoo posted:

I think goon has like 7 actually active people.

I'm purging inactives every couple of weeks but it's really hard to figure out who's inactive until they push out the better GUI.

I've also been kicking actives out of GOON2 and tossing them invites to GOONS since it's more full than GOONS right now.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Well if you have room I'll take an invite to GOONS. I'm LumensAquilae in-game and currently in GOON2.

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004
Looks like the main goonsquad is full, so I applied to Goon Squad 2 as Koranos.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.

fatman1683 posted:

Looks like the main goonsquad is full, so I applied to Goon Squad 2 as Koranos.

Reading is hard.

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

Mistikman posted:

Reading is hard.

So is applying for an army that isn't recruiting.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.

fatman1683 posted:

So is applying for an army that isn't recruiting.

I meant read this page, GOONS has been purging inactives and moving people from GOON2 to GOONS

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

Mistikman posted:

I meant read this page, GOONS has been purging inactives and moving people from GOON2 to GOONS

Which doesn't matter, because GOONS isn't recruiting and I can't apply for it.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

fatman1683 posted:

Which doesn't matter, because GOONS isn't recruiting and I can't apply for it.

This thread is pretty good. You should check it out!

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

Chinook posted:

This thread is pretty good. You should check it out!

I have. GOONS is still closed for recruitment.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Fatman's doing it right. I'm only moving people to GOONS that are active and won't gently caress off after a week.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
He's right. There is no way to apply to Goon Squad. I'm not really getting why you guys are giving him so much poo poo. Unless, you are saying he should be applying to Goon Squad 2 and get moved over, which is what he said he was doing in the first place?

Applied to Goon2 as PaperMuffin, btw.

Apple Craft fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Aug 18, 2014

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Apple Craft posted:

I'm not really getting why you guys are giving him so much poo poo.

Yeah, I was being a little bit snarky. Basically he said on this page, though, that he was migrating people directly from GOON2 (temp guild, active) to GOONS (permanent guild) two posts above fatman's.

No biggie, let's go thump some dirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I guess if one has room I'll take an invite, name is KawaiiFiveOh

Not in either at the moment

• Locked thread