Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

BigPoot posted:

Stay classy, Polk County. I doubt any of you Florida apologists could go there and not change your view on the flaccid penis state.

Lakeland is pretty nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Solice Kirsk posted:

Florida is great if you don't live there. Much like New Orleans.

Florida sucks and I don't live there.

Disneyworld and the Kennedy Space Center were pretty neat though. They had a lot of signs like this around the space center.

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009
FLORIDA

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

This is perfect.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Edmond Dantes posted:

Next time someone asks me what a catch-22 is, I'm sending them that picture.

Hold the package by the "handle" side and pull the plastic at the other end perpendicular to the scissors. The points of the blades will puncture open the plastic. :geno:

Now solve this magical mystery puzzle:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I know what James Franco would do.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

This is so good it challenges my belief but still it looks so real

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

cobalt impurity posted:

Hold the package by the "handle" side and pull the plastic at the other end perpendicular to the scissors. The points of the blades will puncture open the plastic. :geno:

Cats is furry snakes and dude needs to wear a shirt.

Axeman Jim
Nov 21, 2010

The Canadians replied that they would rather ride a moose.
Cat bendy.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

cobalt impurity posted:

Oh, come on, since when did we start thinking about things? :saddowns:

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Kwyndig posted:

Cats is furry snakes and dude needs to wear a shirt.

Cats are furry snakes?

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

I bet just squeezing the handles would work. Snip!

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter
I was looking up the background of the name "Musselman" as found in the US. It's not a Muslim name but either a Swiss woodcutter or someone who fought Muslims. Anyway, this picture jumped out:

http://www.wikitree.com/photo/JPG/Henry_Musselman

I've worked with a lot of old photos, but I don't know if this is a bad scan, a poorly retouched photograph, or evidence that Voldemort was among us in the 1800s.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

benito posted:

I was looking up the background of the name "Musselman" as found in the US. It's not a Muslim name but either a Swiss woodcutter or someone who fought Muslims. Anyway, this picture jumped out:

I've worked with a lot of old photos, but I don't know if this is a bad scan, a poorly retouched photograph, or evidence that Voldemort was among us in the 1800s.

Holy poo poo, I think you found a picture of Dorian Gray.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

benito posted:

According to the linked biography, Henry Musselman died in 1834, aged 52, before photography was invented.

That looks like a water-damaged print of someone in his 80s from about 50 years later. :iiam:

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter

Deteriorata posted:

According to the linked biography, Henry Musselman died in 1834, aged 52, before photography was invented.

That looks like a water-damaged print of someone in his 80s from about 50 years later. :iiam:

Yeah, I'm not going to ascribe any serious historical connection to the photo. I was just amused that someone would post something so horrifying to a genealogy website.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Zonekeeper posted:

I lived in Panama City when I was young and can confirm that it is close enough to the rest of the South to be considered "The South" and is a complete shithole with terrible schools and dirty beaches. And god forbid you try to do anything productive when the Spring Break tourists invade the area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39hiAVE7UoE

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

They just re-named this nearby bar/restaurant.

If I do go, I'll either be sitting at an outside table, or right by the door.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
Why?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Going by his comment, I'm going to guess it's this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocoanut_Grove_fire

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I thought it was a name from history but I also thought it was that place where future presidents go for orgies but not quite so I didn't know what the joke was either.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

benito posted:

"Musulman" is the French word for muslim, and "Mosselman" is Dutch for mollusk fisher, if that helps in any way.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Krinkle posted:

I thought it was a name from history but I also thought it was that place where future presidents go for orgies but not quite so I didn't know what the joke was either.
Thats bohemian grove.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

benito posted:

newreply.php posted:

"Musulman" is the French word for muslim, and "Mosselman" is Dutch for mollusk fisher, if that helps in any way.
It's also just plain a now-disused English term for "Muslim(s)," and was used in, for example, the Treaty of Tripoli.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Flagrant Abuse posted:

It's also just plain a now-disused English term for "Muslim(s)," and was used in, for example, the Treaty of Tripoli.

Still used in Spanish as Musulmán.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Secret's out, men.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

hawai'ian pizza is the best pizza and jones regular flavored sodas is absolutely amazing, never been to florida tho hth peace all

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Mister Adequate posted:

hawai'ian pizza is the best pizza and jones regular flavored sodas is absolutely amazing, never been to florida tho hth peace all

Well, I've never been to Spain. But I kinda like the music.

VinzKlortho
Dec 27, 2004
Are you the Gatekeeper?

Deteriorata posted:

Well, I've never been to Spain. But I kinda like the music.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Trollologist posted:

Really? Your Pics are as follows:
A dystopian nightmare with a bridge about to fail
A pic of your family swimming in a nasty swamp
Literally the opening shot of a horror film
And land so Horrible even the sun doesn't want to be there

Don't try to pass off your stank-pit as a livable space.

A couple pages back but jesus christ this had me dying

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH

this looks like he's ganked a tv AND a gas station sign

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

I know it's not, but I like to imagine the second part is an invitation rather than a statement.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Imgur makeup guides for looking like your favourite celebrity

http://imgur.com/a/5ejU1

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Secret's out, men.

Paging Ulillillia

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

benito posted:

It's just a picture of the ketchup and mustard man.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

cobalt impurity posted:

The cat appeared as a handicap, omniknight OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

It's nice that the Hoverbot from Basewars found love. :3:

• Locked thread