Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

The Duggler posted:

I hate this show.

See you next week guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I feel like a fanfic writer somehow swapped the script this season

Maximusi
Nov 11, 2007

Haters gonna hate
The new director sucks. The amount of mistakes this season has made boggles my mind. Save for that one episode that was actually great, it's all been poo poo. I think it was that fundraising gatecrash one. Meh.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
I just can't believe that loving Eric Northman, the vampire viking badass of the past millenia, is being made to be a bitch by five human gangsters. God, back in season 2 Eric would've laughed in their faces as he ripped their throats out in three seconds AND freed Pam at the same time. What the poo poo. They really dropped the ball on this show the past two seasons

e: And don't forget bill's cringy AH ALMOST RAPED HERUHH line, god that was bad

Captain Mog fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 18, 2014

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Captain Mog posted:

I just can't believe that loving Eric Northman, the vampire viking badass of the past millenia, is being made to be a bitch by five human gangsters. God, back in season 2 Eric would've laughed in their faces as he ripped their throats out in three seconds AND freed Pam at the same time. What the poo poo. They really dropped the ball on this show the past two seasons

I'm hoping he's just holding back for a spectacular rear end-kicking to come.

Maximusi
Nov 11, 2007

Haters gonna hate
And why the hell would they make him deliver messages between a couple...Ugh.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Mister Kingdom posted:

Couldn't she un-glamour him?

That's what I was thinking but I guess if she did he'd actually remember how much of a callous rear end in a top hat Jessica really was and what an awful friend Jason is. This way everything is covered with rose tinted glasses and they all live girlfriend-swappingly ever after (until Jason and Jessica start loving again... which they just did a few episodes ago).

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
Christ, what the hell. Since when did Eric become a little bitch?
I may be forgetting something but shouldn't Bill have some sort of powers or benefit from drinking Liliths blood? Another waste of an episode. Why can't anyone end a show without loving everything up

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

I like how Jason has basically had no development over the course of the show.

gently caress Hoyt's girlfriend, "Man I hosed up". gently caress Hoyt's girlfriend, "Man I hosed up". Shot and killed a dude somewhere in there. And now we're back to gently caress Hoyt's girlfriend.

Everything in this show is cyclical. Hoyt is back with Jessica, Sookie is back with Bill, Eric is a loner grumpy vampire, Pam dyes some hair, Lafayette is fabulous, Sam is completely unimportant.

I just want the final episode to be really loving stupid. It sure looks like it will be.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I'm glad I will only waste one more hour of my life on this show.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

gently caress Hoyt's girlfriend, "Man I hosed up". gently caress Hoyt's girlfriend, "Man I hosed up". Shot and killed a dude somewhere in there. And now we're back to gently caress Hoyt's girlfriend.

Everything in this show is cyclical. Hoyt is back with Jessica, Sookie is back with Bill, Eric is a loner grumpy vampire, Pam dyes some hair, Lafayette is fabulous, Sam is completely unimportant.

I just want the final episode to be really loving stupid. It sure looks like it will be.

Don't forget that Tara died three times (the third was in the hearts of the viewers)

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

My roommate's never watched the show and was in the room during this episode. He asks right before it starts "so is this show any good?"

Nope, but at least it has lots of gore and titties.

And then the episode fails to deliver on both fronts.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

ruddiger posted:

My roommate's never watched the show and was in the room during this episode. He asks right before it starts "so is this show any good?"

The answer is yes this show is awesome, don't listen to the lame nerds in this thread Ruddiger's roommmate.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

Macaluso posted:

The answer is yes this show is awesome, don't listen to the lame nerds in this thread Ruddiger's roommmate.

This show was awesome. So was this. Whatever the hell's happening now isn't.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

The Duggler posted:

Don't forget that Tara died three times (the third was in the hearts of the viewers)

You know, I had honestly forgot that Tara existed. Whoops.

And I guess Willa just got on a bus and left the show?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I kinda hope they do an Animal House type ending where they sum up everything that happens to the characters after the show with text.

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun

Captain Mog posted:

Maybe not awesome, but impossible to forget. (no nudity but I'd still call it :nws: especially the 2:00 mark on)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

hepscat posted:

Maybe not awesome, but impossible to forget. (no nudity but I'd still call it :nws: especially the 2:00 mark on)

That was one of those scenes where everyone I was watching it with flipped the gently caress out over how insane it was, but amazing to watch. Then the show became some weird epic saga with faeries, super-witches, vampire gods?, and now zombies.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

hepscat posted:

I was in a large group watching this when it aired live. Holy poo poo that was the best.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Captain Mog posted:

Man that scene where Godric meets the sun is really really good. Anna Paquin wasn't terrible!

Oh man the twisted scene. Incredible.

The Duggler fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Aug 18, 2014

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The Duggler posted:

Man that scene where Godric meets the sun is really really good. Anna Paquin wasn't terrible!

Godric and Russell were so much better then the rest of the show.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Bored posted:

Wouldn't vampire speed solve all of Eric's problems?

They got swords man, nothing beats a sword.

This episode was easily the worst episode, in a show that entertains with a shape-shifting fly exploding a head and a man loving a woman's head on backwards, this episode was nothing but smarmy wish fulfillment and sloppy character resolutions. The last episode better be bonkers, it will be such a shame to have it go out on a cheesy "the kids are alright" kinda vibe.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Solice Kirsk posted:

I kinda hope they do an Animal House type ending where they sum up everything that happens to the characters after the show with text.

You know this show makes me want to shout.

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005

You know who had an arc? Noah!

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

joebuddah posted:

You know who had an arc? Noah!

Who?

Edit: Oh it's 2am and I can't understand a pun. Time for bed.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

The Duggler posted:

I feel like a fanfic writer somehow swapped the script this season

I've read better fic than this.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
They're really inconsistent with Eric's powers. He should easily be able to kill a few Yakuza dudes with guns in like half a second.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

You know, I had honestly forgot that Tara existed. Whoops.

Willa was there at the table in this episode when everyone was eating.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Why did Pam dye Newme's hair?

Why did Eric gently caress Ginger?

I assumed these two things were related and part of some plan, but nope!

Also Hoyt blatantly using his hand to fulfill Jessica's no nudity clause was painfully obvious.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

I think Willa was at Arlene's feast in the last episode, but didn't get a close-up for her one line. :lol:

This show needs to end as a Shakespearean tragedy. Kill everyone, maybe leave Pam and Lafayette behind as the sole survivors as they are the only entertaining characters left on this show.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

This has been very disappointing. I thought they would've went all out for the final season.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Yeah worst episode yet, but on the bright side there's no way the finale will be this bad.

Then again it's crystal clear that the writers don't give a gently caress anymore.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Is Sam really gone? Are they going to just disappear a character who has been around since the first loving episode with a letter saying he went to Chicago, and Sookeh should visit?

I know he was never important, but giving a main character the Willa treatment so Jason can get it in one final time with Hoyt's girl seems weak. Tara loving died in the first episode and she got a quarter season dedicated to her bullshit.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Dirk Pitt posted:

Tara loving died in the first episode and she got a quarter season dedicated to her bullshit.

Don't remind us about that.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Dirk Pitt posted:

Arlene is growing on me. Her wanting to have sex with the vampire but can't "'cause he'd die" is pretty funny.
A few of the characters are still funny, but the only good character left is Pam.

Dirk Pitt posted:

Was that a bombshell that faey are attracted to vampires?
I'm pretty sure that's come up before.

The Duggler posted:

Why exactly do Hoyt and Jessica belong together?
Yeah, that seems like a bit of a retcon. Even without Jason they were clearly going to break up.

Captain Mog posted:

I just can't believe that loving Eric Northman, the vampire viking badass of the past millenia, is being made to be a bitch by five human gangsters. God, back in season 2 Eric would've laughed in their faces as he ripped their throats out in three seconds AND freed Pam at the same time. What the poo poo.
They made him sick to justify him not being able to kick the poo poo out of the humans, but then they cured him and apparently forgot that he should be back to being awesome again.

The Dennis System posted:

They're really inconsistent with Eric's powers. He should easily be able to kill a few Yakuza dudes with guns in like half a second.
Speaking of Eric's powers, has it ever been explained why he's the only vampire who can fly?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Tiggum posted:

Speaking of Eric's powers, has it ever been explained why he's the only vampire who can fly?

He's not. Some vampires can, I think most can't.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Tiggum posted:

Russell could fly.

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

I hate pretty much every character in this show now, except for Lafayette and Andy. Andy at least makes me laugh, he is just so grumpy!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Sophie Anne and Bill flew when they fought.

I think it was implied to be a power you gain as you get older.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

nooneofconsequence posted:

Sophie Anne and Bill flew when they fought.

I think it was implied to be a power you gain as you get older.

Sophie Anne and Bill aren't that old though?

Comparatively of course

• Locked thread