Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
What a weird episode. Guess Kouta didn't have that resolve thing quite figured out, eh Kaito?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lessail posted:

What a weird episode. Guess Kouta didn't have that resolve thing quite figured out, eh Kaito?

He did. Roshuo himself said so before Redue hosed things up.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

I hope the preview is more than the last five minutes of next week's episode, because it looks like they're finally fully addressing Micchy's bullshit. I don't expect the conflict to end next week, but I'd like it to get going so it could end the week after or something. I'm also really excited about the conflict focusing back on the Rider vs Rider conflict in general. I really want to see Ryoma back in a villainous role, he was really on point the last few episodes.

Please. Micchy is a midboss at best. We all know that the final boss is Golden Fruit Mai

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

WickedHate posted:

He did. Roshuo himself said so before Redue hosed things up.

i dunno man he hesitated really hard on using zenith form

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Dante Logos posted:

Please. Micchy is a midboss at best. We all know that the final boss is Golden Fruit Mai

Pfft. I don't expect Micchy to be the end boss. I expect him to be ground into pavement within the next few episodes. I just don't really know who the endboss will be, now that the Overlords are done. You think the fruit will control Mai or something? The preview indicates that something's going to go down with that, but I interpreted it as suggesting the fruit would kill her.

That said, I'd rather Ryoma be the final boss.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Redue's breakdown was fantastic. The voice actor did a great job with the frantic, deranged screaming at the end. :allears:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

King of Solomon posted:

Pfft. I don't expect Micchy to be the end boss. I expect him to be ground into pavement within the next few episodes. I just don't really know who the endboss will be, now that the Overlords are done. You think the fruit will control Mai or something? The preview indicates that something's going to go down with that, but I interpreted it as suggesting the fruit would kill her.

I'd guess either Golden Fruit Ryoma or Helheim Corrupted Kaito as the final boss.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Can Of Worms posted:

Redue's breakdown was fantastic. The voice actor did a great job with the frantic, deranged screaming at the end. :allears:

They really nailed someone who thinks their the final boss suddenly realizing they aren't. I love villian meltdowns.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Wait, the Queen was played by Oren's actor's wife?!

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Can Of Worms posted:

There's nothing better in a series than when a character screams"I won't die like this!" but they do anyway. It's so goddamn satisfying.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Scratchman Apoo posted:

There's nothing better in a series than when a character screams"I won't die like this!" but they do anyway. It's so goddamn satisfying.
So, what you're saying is that Redue really is the Overlord equivalent of Sid? :v:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Everyone knows that's a death flag. :colbert:

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
The final boss will be a three way battle between a crazy Micchy who thinks Takatora is still there, as he stands in front of a bunch of Inves and Watermelons that are just entertained by him, Helheim'd Kaito leading an army of Ornac, Inves, and Watermelons, and Overlord Kouta on a horse.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Pyroi posted:

The final boss will be a three way battle between a crazy Micchy who thinks Takatora is still there, as he stands in front of a bunch of Inves and Watermelons that are just entertained by him, Helheim'd Kaito leading an army of Ornac, Inves, and Watermelons, and Overlord Kouta on a horse.

Dammit, don't give me hope. Now I absolutely want this, even though it's almost definitely not happening.

I mean, I fully expect Gaim's ending to not be too disappointing (it's Kamen Rider, so I never expect great endings even in great series), but it won't reach that level of awesome and now I want it and drat you.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

you know that it won't happen because it involves the horse :negative:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Come on guys the final boss is obviously Baron. We started the show with Gaim versus Baron, all the new bumpers during streams have been Baron and Zenith Gaim crossing blades. Kaito will be the final opponent, but it'll be a fight between equals not hero versus villain.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
We started the show with Gaim on a horse, all the episodes ends with Gaim riding on a horse. Horse will be the final ride, but it'll be a ride between a lord and its vassal, not equals.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

toanoradian posted:

We started the show with Gaim on a horse, all the episodes ends with Gaim riding on a horse. Horse will be the final ride, but it'll be a ride between a lord and its vassal, not equals.

So what you're saying is that, in the ending, Decade will appear and we'll see Final Form Ride: GA-GA-GA-GAIM, which will turn him into a horse?

Because I'd be totally okay with that.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blaze Dragon posted:

So what you're saying is that, in the ending, Decade will appear and we'll see Final Form Ride: GA-GA-GA-GAIM, which will turn him into a horse?

Because I'd be totally okay with that.

Decade then throws Gaim across dimensions to the movie world to fufill his destiny as his own horse.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh my God, how can anyone like Decade? This show is a mess.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Poison Mushroom posted:

Basically Tsukasa is amazing forever. Even though the plot is nonexistant and the AR worlds poo poo on the series they're based on, Tsukasa, Kaito and Natsumelon are one of the strongest core Rider casts.

EDIT: poo poo, thought this was the general toku thread

Potsticker fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Aug 18, 2014

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
So am I just not too bright or are we still not supposed to know who Sagara is yet? Because apparently he's not an Overlord.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

I was making a terrible joke It is more meta if you know a bit about the game.

My final boss prediction is for three reasons 1. The ending scenes trolls us in practice. 2. This is a Gen Urobuchi work and 3. Ryoma isn't known to be a benevolent force.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Because of the belt.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Kouta completely reforming the Kachidoki lockseed was basically amazing. Anyone else losing their henshin macguffin would have easily been out of commission for 3 or more episodes.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
It wasn't nearly as cool in practice, but the same thing kinda happened in OOOs.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

King of Solomon posted:

!Mai being a younger vision of Roshuo's wife isn't a huge surprise, especially considering how incorporeal and dreamlike she's been throughout the whole series.
[/spoiler]

Nah, you misunderstood that part. Roshuo didn't find Mai's appearance particularly interesting, and his wife was played by a different actor. However, his wife was someone who once had the golden fruit. She had one red eye but was otherwise human in appearance. Sound familiar? Not-Mai is actually Mai, somehow.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Dante Logos posted:

I was making a terrible joke It is more meta if you know a bit about the game.

My final boss prediction is for three reasons 1. The ending scenes trolls us in practice. 2. This is a Gen Urobuchi work and 3. Ryoma isn't known to be a benevolent force.
I should have caught that joke. I really enjoy that series (and have been playing Disgaea 4 again since it came out on Vita this week.) :smith:

Serious Frolicking posted:

Nah, you misunderstood that part. Roshuo didn't find Mai's appearance particularly interesting, and his wife was played by a different actor. However, his wife was someone who once had the golden fruit. She had one red eye but was otherwise human in appearance. Sound familiar? Not-Mai is actually Mai, somehow.
I'm not convinced. !Mai knows a lot about what's going on, and has a connection to Sagara somehow; if I remember correctly, she interacted with him in the past about his decision to give Kouta power (I forget if this was after Kachidoki or Kiwami.) This means that !Mai definitely is not actually the same Mai that we know. What happened with Mai this week indicates that !Mai definitely had the apple at some point. Roshuo's wife also having the red eye thus indicates two things: 1) !Mai and Roshuo's wife are the same character, or 2) !Mai and Roshuo's wife are two separate women on that end that are immensely similar.

I'm leaning toward the first possibility.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

King of Solomon posted:

I should have caught that joke. I really enjoy that series (and have been playing Disgaea 4 again since it came out on Vita this week.) :smith:

I'm not convinced. !Mai knows a lot about what's going on, and has a connection to Sagara somehow; if I remember correctly, she interacted with him in the past about his decision to give Kouta power (I forget if this was after Kachidoki or Kiwami.) This means that !Mai definitely is not actually the same Mai that we know. What happened with Mai this week indicates that !Mai definitely had the apple at some point. Roshuo's wife also having the red eye thus indicates two things: 1) !Mai and Roshuo's wife are the same character, or 2) !Mai and Roshuo's wife are two separate women on that end that are immensely similar.

I'm leaning toward the first possibility.

It's most definitely the latter. There'll likely be some sort of reveal in the final set of episodes as to the natures of Sagara and NotMai. My theory: They're "observers" to the whole thing and make sure the fruit is passed down and not destroyed among other things. Sagara helps Kouta because he thinks it would be interesting to see someone like him fight instead of the power hungry that typically end up embroiled in it. NotMai, is of the same opinion on Kouta's disposition, but would rather him not get hurt.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So Mai and Not-Mai are just two unrelated people who coincidentally look identical and have both carried an apple in the past? This is some sort of world reset/time travel/alternate reality thing, is all.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Xelkelvos posted:

It's most definitely the latter. There'll likely be some sort of reveal in the final set of episodes as to the natures of Sagara and NotMai. My theory: They're "observers" to the whole thing and make sure the fruit is passed down and not destroyed among other things. Sagara helps Kouta because he thinks it would be interesting to see someone like him fight instead of the power hungry that typically end up embroiled in it. NotMai, is of the same opinion on Kouta's disposition, but would rather him not get hurt.

You're right, but I disagree. While we don't know the exact nature of Sagara's character, we know by now his motivations and his methods: like you said, he's an observer who has - several times now - given Kouta power-ups in order to see how the situation progresses. !Mai works on the other end of that spectrum, so to speak. She knows where this bullshit leads and wants to make sure the characters are aware of the weight of their decisions. At this point, Kouta has resolve enough to satisfy Roshuo and (presumably) to stop Micchy. Mai has the apple, and the characters are set on their paths. Roshuo died essentially as a result of her role ending. So she reappears in her "real" form, and leaves with Roshuo.

Taken that way, !Mai being Roshuo's wife makes perfect sense, and we know everything we need to know about her character. Sagara is still a mystery.

Hell, they even have really similar designs. Look at these three screenshots: !Mai Wife 1 Wife 2.

Considering they're different actresses, they look remarkably similar. Roshuo's wife has white hair and significantly more ornate clothing, but the design is pretty much the same.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Which episode had the scene where not-Mai has a chat with Mai?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

King of Solomon posted:

You're right, but I disagree. While we don't know the exact nature of Sagara's character, we know by now his motivations and his methods: like you said, he's an observer who has - several times now - given Kouta power-ups in order to see how the situation progresses. !Mai works on the other end of that spectrum, so to speak. She knows where this bullshit leads and wants to make sure the characters are aware of the weight of their decisions. At this point, Kouta has resolve enough to satisfy Roshuo and (presumably) to stop Micchy. Mai has the apple, and the characters are set on their paths. Roshuo died essentially as a result of her role ending. So she reappears in her "real" form, and leaves with Roshuo.

Taken that way, !Mai being Roshuo's wife makes perfect sense, and we know everything we need to know about her character. Sagara is still a mystery.

Hell, they even have really similar designs. Look at these three screenshots: !Mai Wife 1 Wife 2.

Considering they're different actresses, they look remarkably similar. Roshuo's wife has white hair and significantly more ornate clothing, but the design is pretty much the same.

The necklace is the signifier. If they were the same, they'd have the same necklace (or shawl). Given that it's similar, but not the same, if there was a connection, I'd either push time travel shenanigans with Mai or long lost daughter.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Xelkelvos posted:

The necklace is the signifier. If they were the same, they'd have the same necklace (or shawl). Given that it's similar, but not the same, if there was a connection, I'd either push time travel shenanigans with Mai or long lost daughter.

If they wanted to indicate that she's a different character, they did a terrible job of it. Everything, including the necklace, is so similar yet very slightly different that it indicates (to me at least) that they're the same character.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

King of Solomon posted:

If they wanted to indicate that she's a different character, they did a terrible job of it. Everything, including the necklace, is so similar yet very slightly different that it indicates (to me at least) that they're the same character.

Given that the Forbidden Fruit and such seem to be a per-world thing, I'd suspect that not-Mai and Roshuo's wife are the same sort of "girl from the beginning", not-Mai for Earth and Roshuo's wife for the linym planet.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
I think it came up a few pages ago, but I just realized the first rider kick we've seen in a long time just bounced off :(.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fooley posted:

I think it came up a few pages ago, but I just realized the first rider kick we've seen in a long time just bounced off :(.

Gaim is not kind to the Rider Kick. Again, my one complaint. A bit more of respect for a Rider's most important techinque, Gen Urobuchi!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Serious Frolicking posted:

Not-Mai is actually Mai, somehow.

This is what I'm betting on, that it's either time travel or it's Mai from another dimension where things happened in a roughly similar way. It would explain why she kept warning Mai to get out of Zawame, because she knows what's going to happen to Mai either from being from the future, or from an alternate universe where the same thing happened to her.

Of course I could be wrong and NotMai was supposed to be Roshuo's wife, but as someone else pointed out, Roshuo should have gone "She looks exactly like my wife when she was younger" so the fact that he didn't do that to me implies they're not supposed to be the same character.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

NotMai is Mai from the future, stuck in an endless loop of trying to stop Kouta from sacrificing himself for humanity and constantly failing. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

NotMai is Mai from the future, stuck in an endless loop of trying to stop Kouta from sacrificing himself for humanity and constantly failing. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Literally everyone is a different timeline Kouta.

• Locked thread