Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
yea
blood
urine
vomit
View Results

• Locked thread
BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

There's nothing wrong with not defending poo poo every month when you have like 2 people that they're willing to throw at the champ that aren't an obvious joke.

No, I'm actually in favor of it. I loving LOVED when the tag titles or IC title changing hands was a Big loving Deal. One of the best matches of all time was a ladder match for the IC belt at Wrestlemania X. Strengthening your midcard is never a bad thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Punk is never coming back

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Do you not remember how much Reigns improved in the last 6 months?

I don't know why you want him to be where Sheamus is now in 3-4 years.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

NickRoweFillea posted:

Punk is never coming back

He'll get the itch again. They all do.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I totally forgot that only does Sheamus still exist, but he's also a champion

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

What does this post even mean? Oh well I don't care. If Reigns gets it I'll be happy and if Bryan gets it I'll also be happy so like I said I can't lose. :)

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

My favorite part of tonight was Goldust's heroic stand against The Corporate Demon Kane

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Do you not remember how much Reigns improved in the last 6 months?
If you don't handle him well, he's going to turn into Sheamus 2.0. Fans turned on him hard after he squashed Bryan at Wrestlemania, and he hasn't permanently recovered since. He was also squashed by Triple H but I don't think anyone held that against him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

A year or two, yes. Six months is pushing a guy awfully hard. Not just the crowds, but for him to improve too.

It's not always about "is he ready?". Sometimes it's about it being the right time and you hope the pressure makes your lump of coal into a diamond.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Finally watching it. This Ziggler/Miz match is pretty good.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
So you figure Cena gets his rematch next month, hopefully loses and then you have Lesnar squash contenders until Wrestlemania? At this point other than Cena, Daniel Bryan is the only guy with the credibility to beat Brock, especially if you have him win the Royal Rumble to get to Lesnar. All dependent on Bryan not being a cripple I guess.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

kidcoelacanth posted:

My favorite part of tonight was Goldust's heroic stand against The Corporate Demon Kane

My favorite was Slater reacting to Ambrose hitting the curb stomp.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I wouldn't mind if they keep the title on Lesnar for a year. That would buy enough time to shuffle around some stars, try out new talent from their academy and focus on storylines. In the meantime the belt's prestige is enhanced by Heyman's mic skills and Brock only has to show up at the bigger ppvs to squash someone.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Sigma posted:

My favorite was Slater reacting to Ambrose hitting the curb stomp.

Who sold better: Rollins, or Slater selling Rollins' sell?

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
Kurt Angle will return at Wrestlemania to fight Brock in a Wrestlemania 19 rematch.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

squarerandom posted:

Finally watching it. This Ziggler/Miz match is pretty good.

Audience was really into Ziggler nad his win. Hmmmmm, where does it go from here??

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Retail Slave posted:

He'll get the itch again. They all do.

Some retire once and stay retired.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Anime Device posted:

Audience was really into Ziggler nad his win. Hmmmmm, where does it go from here??

5 straight non-title losses to Adam Rose

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Haha, someone just pointed out King's face in this:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Something like 90% of the comments on facebook are saying this PPV sucked (on WWE's official page where they asked if people liked the show or not).

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I can still hear the kid chanting in my head. It may never leave.

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

Kurt Angle will return at Wrestlemania to fight Brock in a Wrestlemania 19 rematch.

What was seeing one death in the ring tonight not enough? Does your bloodlust know no bounds??

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
I'm really happy because I was gonna cancel and stop watching if CENA won but in reality you guys are awesome and I would've been eally sad if I had to give up the GDTs

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Anime Device posted:

Ziggler has the chance to be the top of the card guy for Raw if Lesnar really doesn't show up other than PPV. I don't trust WWE to actually push the mid-card belts that high but it would be nice to see serious IC feuds again.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Yaya posted:

You're walking down a dark alleyway. It's 2am, and you know you're not in a great part of town. You hear something clatter to the ground, and pause. In the distance, you hear a shout ring out "LET'S GO CEEEEENAAAAAAA"

They're here.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Raw is Cena. :(

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Animal-Mother posted:

thats a disturbing number of germans

called it

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Yaya posted:

Always listen to Cena matches on mute.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

What does this post even mean? Oh well I don't care. If Reigns gets it I'll be happy and if Bryan gets it I'll also be happy so like I said I can't lose. :)

I'll put it in the form of a familiar, catchy song. Cena's time is up, but Roman's time ain't now.

Gaz-L posted:

It's not always about "is he ready?". Sometimes it's about it being the right time and you hope the pressure makes your lump of coal into a diamond.

Yep I agree. I just don't think it's lined up well right now for the guy. Maybe in 6 months that'll change but I don't see it. Which sucks. I'd like to see him a major player. But I want him to stick around, too.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

I'd be suspect of Kurt Angle's ability to survive a pillow fight at this point let alone Bork Lazer.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Retail Slave posted:

No, I'm actually in favor of it. I loving LOVED when the tag titles or IC title changing hands was a Big loving Deal. One of the best matches of all time was a ladder match for the IC belt at Wrestlemania X. Strengthening your midcard is never a bad thing.

Amen! Making the IC title holder a big deal again would be amazing. Always liked when the IC title holder WAS the logical challenger for the big gold belt. Not defending the belt on free tv would go a ways to do that. If they decided to hold a title match on tv again after a long while it might actually spike ratings again. Who knows.... Im just so bloody happy Brock won. Only thing that could make things better in my eyes are Punk and Danielson coming back soon. Only sad note is: man... what are they gonna do with Ambrose gone for a month?

P.S. Let Cena stay off tv for a bit please

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rick posted:

Something like 90% of the comments on facebook are saying this PPV sucked (on WWE's official page where they asked if people liked the show or not).

Most likely people mad that almost all the heels won.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Beautiful Ninja posted:

So you figure Cena gets his rematch next month, hopefully loses and then you have Lesnar squash contenders until Wrestlemania? At this point other than Cena, Daniel Bryan is the only guy with the credibility to beat Brock, especially if you have him win the Royal Rumble to get to Lesnar. All dependent on Bryan not being a cripple I guess.

I feel like the only other credible way you get the belt off Brock is with Rollins via fuckery. Like someone attacks Brock with a chair for whatever reason and then Rollins takes advantage. That'd be if they wanted to hotshot the belt back back in the mix at some point and keep Brock without a clean loss. But I'm pretty okay with Brock retaining for awhile and having the champ's appearances be special things.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I saw no blood, urine, or vomit in that match! Zero stars!

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Who's looking at Lawler?

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Holy loving :laffo: that is an amazing find.

fake edit: what DukeofCA said also applies

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

StarkRavingMad posted:

I feel like the only other credible way you get the belt off Brock is with Rollins via fuckery. Like someone attacks Brock with a chair for whatever reason and then Rollins takes advantage. That'd be if they wanted to hotshot the belt back back in the mix at some point and keep Brock without a clean loss. But I'm pretty okay with Brock retaining for awhile and having the champ's appearances be special things.

That's contingent on a chair hurting Brock Lesnar. Chair science has a lot of catching up to do.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Rhonne posted:

I saw no blood, urine, or vomit in that match! Zero stars!

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Lawler had to look up at the ring to check he hadn't accidentally loaded up 'that' playlist on his iPad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Divas belt match was also pretty good surprisingly

• Locked thread