Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

haveblue posted:

What platform? I had good reliability on PS4, except that I hardly ever got offered a retaliation.

Ah, yeah, should have said, PC. Retaliations don't crop up very often, but they seem to fail virtually every time. (I did just get one that worked this playsession, out of...four, I think, offered.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Reclaimer posted:

You mean the Fibonacci Sequence/Bellwether?

Speaking about that whole thing with Rose All the audio logs were before she died right? At least i think a few of them are right before that happened

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"
Why am I not allowed to shoot my way out of this loving slave auction?

Who decided it was a good idea in this game where you play a murder-crazed vigilante to let you 'intrude' on human trafficking victims getting raped and then deny you the ability to execute their rapists?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

The same people that decided your guy can't recognize the DJ in a club.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

The same people that decided your guy can't recognize the DJ in a club.

But we were stuck behind the little velvet rope and couldn't go say hi. I mean, you can practically scale buildings but that rope: no way, son.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
God drat, that super-gun that destroys a vehicle in one hit is the BANE of my hacking attempts. :|

edit: And my next attempt had me spawn in an empty train tunnel in plain view of my target, who shot me two seconds later.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Aug 18, 2014

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.

Strudel Man posted:

God drat, that super-gun that destroys a vehicle in one hit is the BANE of my hacking attempts. :|

edit: And my next attempt had me spawn in an empty train tunnel in plain view of my target, who shot me two seconds later.

I'd take bets that he did that on purpose. From what I've noticed in multiplayer is that right after you are done hacking somebody, within a minute or two you will get hacked back by some other random dude. (edit: PC version)
If you are put in a decent area you can book it to the next closest tunnel or island or some other bitch rear end spot that is easy for picking off intruders and shoot them nearly right away as they spawn or come running up.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Yeah, if you look at the streamers who do nothing but hack, they constantly check to see if they are being invaded, and then the moment something looks out of whack, they instantly know where you are.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
I've been having some fun starting tailing missions and trying to immediately start evasion. It's a lot more engaging than following them from a distance, and when you evade (which it seems like I manage to do most of the time), both people get points.

The trouble is, some people seem to utterly refuse to profile you, even when you drive in circles around them, honking. And of course some other people just get out their supergun and kill you immediately, but at least the penalties for failing tailing are relatively mild.

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

Got around to trying to finish off the side activities before the last set of missions, then everything bugged out and I lost most of my upgrades, great game.

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
Yeah out of all of the modes, I think tailing is probably the easiest to get ahead in with points. Though I have to say that I haven't done many of the multi-person hack modes so I can't really tell how decent those are.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
I found hacking a bit if a busy after awhile. Every hack would be for 50 points with a 300 drop for a fail.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.

Brovstin posted:

Got around to trying to finish off the side activities before the last set of missions, then everything bugged out and I lost most of my upgrades, great game.

Awesome, they still haven't fixed that very common bug that's really easy to get just through using their ~seamless multiplayer~ and dying at the wrong time.

AAA gaming yep those millions of dollars really are right up there on the screen I'm so glad Ubisoft is highly organized and competent.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Speaking about that whole thing with Rose All the audio logs were before she died right? At least i think a few of them are right before that happened

Nah, they all happened after from the grave.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

So the new patch adds the ability to :siren: Hack your friends in multiplayer !!! :siren:

Also something about pooling people who disconnect from multiplayer so they can only play against each other.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Snuffman posted:

Also something about pooling people who disconnect from multiplayer so they can only play against each other.

I'm really surprised it's taken this long for devs to start doing this. It's been a problem with an obvious solution for ten loving years.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Wish hack friends had been in since the start :negative:

Isn't one of the problems that they don't know who disconnected? So it's a strike against both of you. My only experience with something like that was in the UFC games and if someone dropped out on you it counted against you too. I wouldn't be shocked to learn it was just lovely programming from THQ though.

Nibbles! fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 22, 2014

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Does aborting a hack/tail count as a disconnection?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

It only counts in a hack if you haven't initiated the hack yet. I don't know about the countdown beforehand but i know i've quit out of a few games where it was obvious the guy was just waiting for invaders and it never counted against me.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If the guy is not "aware" of you you are not penalized for quitting. I was never 100% sure on what "aware" means. Certainly if you have profiled him it counts, but there seem to be other ways (I invaded into a trap once, hosed around a bit triggering hackable objects, and was penalized for quitting even though I never profiled him or got spotted).

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Eryxias posted:

Yeah out of all of the modes, I think tailing is probably the easiest to get ahead in with points. Though I have to say that I haven't done many of the multi-person hack modes so I can't really tell how decent those are.
No way, the best way to get ahead is doing the mobile game. Tailing pretty much only gives me 25 a pop at this point, and it's really boring doing it "right." Mobile racing is fairly entertaining, gives 100 when you win, and even gives you a few points when you lose, as well.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

haveblue posted:

If the guy is not "aware" of you you are not penalized for quitting. I was never 100% sure on what "aware" means. Certainly if you have profiled him it counts, but there seem to be other ways (I invaded into a trap once, hosed around a bit triggering hackable objects, and was penalized for quitting even though I never profiled him or got spotted).

It's those times I'm worried about - where the jig is up and it's a loss if you leave, but you've not been warned. It's no big deal to take the loss and lose a few points, but are you now also doomed to an eternity of pairing with people who pull the cord on your hack if you're not dead by 90%? Or is there a technical distinction between "disconnecting" and "quitting"?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Ubisoft isn't dumb, it'll take more than one disconnect to sentence you to the dropper gulag.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Hookay, latest patch seems a little problematic. Twice now I've had online tailing glitch out on me, been disconnected, and then fined 120 for the trouble. And given that, I have a feeling it might be tagging me as a frequent disconnector, too.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

dev null posted:

Nah, they all happened after from the grave.

A literal ghost in the machine :tinfoil:

What i meant was is there ever a time frame in those things mentioned? Like how long ago was she figuring out all that Bellweather stuff before the end?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

There's a LUA injector out that allows you to disable police, change weather, time of day and all sorts of other neat stuff.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=391695

And a bunch of others here.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=391473

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Is the player basically invincible when they get invaded? I was messing around in the Wards when I got the notice I was being invaded and some one started the hack. It was near the entrance to the Metro so of course they where trying to hide out at the top of the station. I get up there, they freak out, and run off the side. I follow, make the landing fine, but I get a message that the invader has been killed. Or was is just weird timing?

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

BexGu posted:

Is the player basically invincible when they get invaded? I was messing around in the Wards when I got the notice I was being invaded and some one started the hack. It was near the entrance to the Metro so of course they where trying to hide out at the top of the station. I get up there, they freak out, and run off the side. I follow, make the landing fine, but I get a message that the invader has been killed. Or was is just weird timing?

I vaguely recall that you have a brief period of invincibility when the results of the online session pop up, so if he did die from the fall that's probably why you didn't.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

BexGu posted:

I'm not sure of the exact cause, but no, that's not weird timing. I've repeatedly seen invaders die from running off the elevated platforms.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I'm sort of new to modding and PC gaming in general, but I installed TheWorse mod 1.0 with Maldo, and it's probably something I'm doing wrong, but it kinda looks crummy. On one hand, the stuttering problem is basically gone, but it kind of just looks really foggy, like Turok for N64. What am I doing wrong? I have a pretty good rig...

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

How Much Art posted:

I'm sort of new to modding and PC gaming in general, but I installed TheWorse mod 1.0 with Maldo, and it's probably something I'm doing wrong, but it kinda looks crummy. On one hand, the stuttering problem is basically gone, but it kind of just looks really foggy, like Turok for N64. What am I doing wrong? I have a pretty good rig...

Not sure if the mod is compatible with the latest version, I doubt it.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
This game's plot is so silly, and Aiden's VA is like the fermenting icing on the cyberpunk grimdark cake.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Sep 2, 2014

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
I liked the bit where he used his phone to change a prisoner's short sentence from 60 days (or whatever) to 30 years and we were supposed to believe that this tactic would actually work and not have the prisoner laugh in his face. "Well, you are just here for unpaid parking tickets, and you were only sentenced to 60 days in court, but it says here on this screen that your sentence is 30 years so that's what we're going to go with, bake him away toys".

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

fuckpot posted:

I liked the bit where he used his phone to change a prisoner's short sentence from 60 days (or whatever) to 30 years and we were supposed to believe that this tactic would actually work and not have the prisoner laugh in his face. "Well, you are just here for unpaid parking tickets, and you were only sentenced to 60 days in court, but it says here on this screen that your sentence is 30 years so that's what we're going to go with, bake him away toys".

To be fair, Aiden would probably throw up some trumped-up charges to compensate. So your parking tickets would turn to 5 separate counts of murder. And the police are reliant on technology and also corrupt as gently caress.

Aiden is an idiot though. He could have just got Jordi's man to send the dude a message.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

That part was amazing.

I also like how the cameras all apparently use some kind of laser based transmissions so you can only communicate with them if you have line of sight.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

fuckpot posted:

Don't forget that immediately after that mission there's a news report that Aiden is "the Vigilante", so the whole drat thing was pointless.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

and yet Nicky STILL doesn't know he's the vigilant despite the fact that she was able to watch the news in captivity

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta

SSNeoman posted:

To be fair, Aiden would probably throw up some trumped-up charges to compensate. So your parking tickets would turn to 5 separate counts of murder. And the police are reliant on technology and also corrupt as gently caress.

Aiden is an idiot though. He could have just got Jordi's man to send the dude a message.
Yeah but there would be a physical paper trail, the judge who actually handed down the sentence plus all the eye-witnesses in court who could recall the minor crime and small sentence, the man's lawyer etc etc. It was just a really dumb moment that was meant to be a bit of 'badass' character development for Aidan. It happened just after I went back to the game after an extended break as well and made me groan. Still having a bit of fun with the game though but how do people get away with writing things that are so bad?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I don't think you get how the system works maaan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Kylra posted:

I don't think you get how the system works maaan.

That's ok. Neither do the writers.

• Locked thread