Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

armchairyoda posted:

You sick gently caress.
Don't knock brotherly love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
What's all this unit registration stuff about?

Are we going to dust off the pubbie tear harvesting machinery?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
We got WOL reserved. None of you assholes get excited though. We are all still very much jaded so the tears are our own.

In fact, I feel my manly powers surging right now:

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Someone edit the crying indian gif to have him looking at current MWO.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

kingcom posted:

Someone edit the crying indian gif to have him looking at current MWO.

Crying 80s hair battletech book art guy looking at current MWO.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
So I decided to try MWO again and I took out my trusty Dragon (best mech in the game) and proceeded to do more than double the damage of everyone in the game and we still lost horribly.

Oh well.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Yeah, I'm downloading this crap again. Where can I go to play with goons, goons?

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

Valatar posted:

It's sort of telling that the most fun I've had in MWO in forever was tonight when someone accidentally gunned down the predictably pink Dire wolf of a 'hellokitty' on our team. It set off a chain reaction, random pubbies on our team abruptly turning on us and each other and disintegrating into a brawl that left half of the mechs disabled without having set foot outside the capture area of the base. One can only imagine what the other team thought when they came upon the twisted remnants. We had too few goons to guarantee victories like the old days, but there was at least a great deal of laughter while everyone hosed around and exploded.

That was no accident, I called for everyone to shoot him on mumble :D Best game of the night by far.

e: dude above me, we were using the Goonfleet coms last night. If you were in WoL before your credentials should still work.

OptimusWang fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Aug 17, 2014

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
:lol:

This thread is like a reverse Statler and Waldorf. With everyone currently in the "well it's not that bad" phase.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

oswald ownenstein posted:

:lol:

This thread is like a reverse Statler and Waldorf. With everyone currently in the "well it's not that bad" phase.

Abused spouses ITT.

JadeRaven
Nov 12, 2008

ZombyDog posted:

Don't knock brotherly love.

I've never seen a man so thoroughly destroyed by way of a video game. I knew it was time to stop playing when I managed to take everything away from him right down to his terrible clan mates who frothed at the mouth to join what amounted to a goon funded prison camp.

Raised by Hamsters
Sep 16, 2007

and hopped up on bagels
I just saw a pair of real live gold Mechs, a dire wolf and a timber wolf. I was pleased that everyone was mocking them, except for one guy who insisted we should protect them at all costs. This game being what it is, I have absolutely no idea if he was being sarcastic or not.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman
SARCASM. SHOOTSHOOTSHOOT!

eli4672
Apr 12, 2010
My old group isn't really playing anymore. I'd love to see if any goons are playing right now, but I couldn't find any information about where you all hang out in the original post. Where do I go?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

eli4672 posted:

My old group isn't really playing anymore. I'd love to see if any goons are playing right now, but I couldn't find any information about where you all hang out in the original post. Where do I go?

To another game, preferably

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

eli4672 posted:

Do you have any goons in your in game social list?

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

OptimusWang posted:

That was no accident

:ssh: It was an accident. Someone accidentally fired on him when they glitched on loading the level and it triggered an unfortunate chain reaction.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
"Oh sorry it accidentally fired when I loaded/came back from alt tab/my finger slipped and I just so happened to be pointing at your rear CT" is like the most transparently blatant lie in history.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Lemming posted:

"Oh sorry it accidentally fired when I loaded/came back from alt tab/my finger slipped and I just so happened to be pointing at your rear CT" is like the most transparently blatant lie in history.

On the one hand, this has actually happened with me in the past. On the other hand, usually it missed/was some Medium lasers at most if I wasn't in my Gauss Phract :v:

EDIT: I played windowed mode like a crazy person, so unthinkingly clicking M1 on the window was a bit more frequent.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Aug 18, 2014

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Lemming posted:

Wang called him out as primary, the rest of us fired, I got the kill credit.

I don't know if an accidental shooting started it (since I was probably/totally drunk and not paying attention), but in the end isn't it just more important to shoot blues?

Gotta make your own fun in this game, god dammit!

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Just "accidentally" spam arty at spawn at the beginning of match. In the chaos, take off legs.

e: this works in assault mode only as the other two modes, yes TWO modes, have the team spawned all over the loving map.

TeeMerk fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Aug 18, 2014

RalphyNoPants
Jul 5, 2012
10 Goons in a group right now.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
So it turns out I must've sold my cool Jenners for lovely robits when I had an older shittier computer that could barely Jenner. I have 1.2M cbills, and 7 robits. A stalker 3F and 5M, a cataphract 4X, hunches 4SP and 4P, and a Raven 3L. I understand almost all of those are garbage now except maybe the Stalkers since I can make them LRM boats. What should I sell to buy and reoutfit a glorious suicide SRM Jenner?

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Paramemetic posted:

So it turns out I must've sold my cool Jenners for lovely robits when I had an older shittier computer that could barely Jenner. I have 1.2M cbills, and 7 robits. A stalker 3F and 5M, a cataphract 4X, hunches 4SP and 4P, and a Raven 3L. I understand almost all of those are garbage now except maybe the Stalkers since I can make them LRM boats. What should I sell to buy and reoutfit a glorious suicide SRM Jenner?

The good news is that engine in the Raven works great in the jenner, just save up enough for the chasis and you are pretty much done with the work you need for it.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
Yeah I'm pretty sure its engine came from my old Jenner, I recall running through light mechs just shuffling the engine around. I'm sure I have enough SRMs divided among them robots to outfit a Jenner, too. I just need to figure out the right incantations to move poo poo around between mechs.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Also you get shitall from selling a chassis and all those you mentioned are not so bad. Jenners are cheap especially in august when alot of them will be on cbill sale.

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

Paramemetic posted:

I ran Rhino Stalkers and the Cancer Jenner all weekend for the mechbay challenge. Sometimes you still get hosed at range, but if you're willing to let the pubbies die as your shock troops before wading in you can still do pretty well with it.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
Okay I should probably just play with what I have and grind out a million or so chills that's only what like 10 or 20 matches? I'll join you all tomorrow night but someone will need to PM me the mumble info since I have not had it on for a while. Did we ever get the overlay working well?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

RalphyNoPants posted:

10 Goons in a group right now.

And this is why the game will never be saved from Paul

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Are enough of you assholes playing to warrant a jabber and mumble room? I don't want to positively reinforce negative behavior, but...

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Noone giving PGI money here but beer and stompy robots is fun to a certain extent.

Come shoot some mechbutts bro.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

Are enough of you assholes playing to warrant a jabber and mumble room? I don't want to positively reinforce negative behavior, but...

Don't do it Brofist, this is how you get ants.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

You guys are making so many bad decisions that there now are ants here thanks a lot

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

BULBASAUR posted:

Everyone I've seen online is just using the WoL mumble server without an issue, since we're all returning bittervets rather than any new blood.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

TeeMerk posted:

Noone giving PGI money here

But you're giving them content. The more people play the more robits they can shoot and the people you crushed over and over again will end up buying some overpowered $50 bullshit mech just so they can have an edge.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
oh holy poo poo, i need to try playing this again.

We had the best forum banners.

George Rouncewell fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Aug 18, 2014

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Yep playing forumwarrior was a whole lot better than playing mechwarrior

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

wid posted:

But you're giving them content. The more people play the more robits they can shoot and the people you crushed over and over again will end up buying some overpowered $50 bullshit mech just so they can have an edge.

that is between you and your robot 'god'

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
I liked the ER-PCP banner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
Is it true, that Clan gear suffers from the Magnum Opus twice as quickly/much as normal gear?

fake edit: if youre reading this, paul, commit sudoku squaaaaaaaaaaaawk

• Locked thread