Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

I loved looking at that thing, I always put it in front of my comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I am sad Armor Spider-Man died because I remember as a kid thinking that it was the raddest poo poo ever after seeing it on the 90s cartoon. Also because that Peter was basically Iron Man. Oh well...

Now that I'm thinking about the 90s cartoon I can only hope that 90s animated Spider-Man is recruited and immediately has to be saved from falling to the ground once he learns that webbing has to actually connect to things in other universes rather than just flying up into the sky to grapple onto nothing.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 13, 2014

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

TwoPair posted:

I am sad Armor Spider-Man died because I remember as a kid thinking that it was the raddest poo poo ever after seeing it on the 90s cartoon. Also because that Peter was basically Iron Man. Oh well...

Now that I'm thinking about the 90s cartoon I can only hope that 90s animated Spider-Man is recruited and immediately has to be saved from falling to the ground once he learns that webbing has to actually connect to things in other universes rather than just flying up into the sky to grapple onto nothing.

Oh man, that Peter owned :allears: He had Gwen, Ben, the Osborns and a Mech.

90s cartoon Spider-man has to be unable to punch anyone, and whenever he does something the same Oscorp wall at night time has to blow up.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
I really want to like Spider-Man 2099 but the art is making it really hard.

I laughed at Miguel wondering what he should do when Liz figures out he's hiding something and he imagines himself throwing her out a window.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The opening bit was pretty great, but yeah, desperately waiting on a new artist.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Oh man, that Peter owned :allears: He had Gwen, Ben, the Osborns and a Mech.

In my world I'm a multi billionaire. Aren't you? :smug:

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Black Cat speaking entirely in cliches and puns is just :psyduck:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I really can't get over how goddamn dumb black cat is being.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Monaghan posted:

Dan Slott is good at writing characters.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Monaghan posted:

The whole story is just loving dumb on every conceivable level.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Hot and sexy spider action! She's so tsundere!

But at this point is there any power Peter has that she can't do better than him? Strength I think is the only one where he has an edge. Even her spider-sense is better? (wtf)

The Goon fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Aug 14, 2014

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

In my world I'm a multi billionaire. Aren't you? :smug:

"Probably because I never lose. :smug:"

Also, Jameson is his godfather and the Kingpin is his lawyer.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

You guys are making me want to marathon Spider-Man TAS...

I don't think I can read ASM anymore it's just not worth it. The art's meh at best, the writing is God-awful.

I remember reading Arkham Asylum: Living Hell and just being in love with Slott's work. Where did he go so wrong? What the gently caress happened? He turned into a manchild who can't take critics on Twitter and a bad author in comics.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ThermoPhysical posted:

I don't think I can read ASM anymore it's just not worth it. The art's meh at best, the writing is God-awful.

I remember reading Arkham Asylum: Living Hell and just being in love with Slott's work. Where did he go so wrong? What the gently caress happened? He turned into a manchild who can't take critics on Twitter and a bad author in comics.

There's always Spider-man 2099 where he fantasizes of solving his problems by throwing people out of windows. Never followed Slott closely, but I think the consensus is that it all started on the later half of his She-Hulk run where he became continuity cop and then wrote the nothingness that was Mighty Avengers.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

ThermoPhysical posted:

I wouldn't reread Living Hell unless you need a quick disappointment in your life. It's not as bad as his current work but the inherent weakness in his writing is super evident nowadays.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

I don't remember Spider-man 2099 being on the spectrum, and that strikes me as extra weird since Peter David is writing it.

Professor Dog
Jul 25, 2007
Is anyone else vaguely grossed out by a costume made out of webbing? Especially organic webbing. I mean, I only own two shirts that have buttons, so I can't really lecture anyone about fashion, but still. The Baxter Building is right around the corner. Get Reed Richards or any kid from the Future Foundation to whip up a proper costume between breakfast and nap-time. Or hit the gift shop even.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Professor Dog posted:

Is anyone else vaguely grossed out by a costume made out of webbing? Especially organic webbing. I mean, I only own two shirts that have buttons, so I can't really lecture anyone about fashion, but still. The Baxter Building is right around the corner. Get Reed Richards or any kid from the Future Foundation to whip up a proper costume between breakfast and nap-time. Or hit the gift shop even.

Do you ever wear silk shirts?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Professor Dog posted:

Think about this time the next time you down a cold glass of milk. Mm, that delicious flavour that comes from another species' tits.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
If you think closely enough about just about any organic item that we wear or use on the planet, it gets pretty gross. You're typing on processed dinosaur corpses right now.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wanderer posted:

If you think closely enough about just about any organic item that we wear or use on the planet, it gets pretty gross. You're typing on processed dinosaur corpses right now.

That's a misconception. Fossil fuel is mostly plankton.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

That's a misconception. Fossil fuel is mostly plankton.

You mean dinosaur toys aren't made with real dinosaurs? :(

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

You mean dinosaur toys aren't made with real dinosaurs? :(

http://what-if.xkcd.com/101/ Kind of a fun one.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I now fully understand when people say that ignorance is bliss. I want to go back to thinking that dinosaur toys are technically made with dinosaurs.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I now fully understand when people say that ignorance is bliss. I want to go back to thinking that dinosaur toys are technically made with dinosaurs.

*May contain traces of genuine dinosaur.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So, moving past that depressing conversation which was out to rob the joy of a dinosaur based world...

The solicits for November are up, and it's all Spider-Verse all the time.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54943

WARNING: THE ABOVE LINK CONTAINS MENTION OF BEN REILLY! IF YOU ARE A HOPELESS BEN REILLY FAN, READING THOSE SOLICITS MAY MAKE YOU WANT TO BUY INTO SPIDER-VERSE!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The Question IRL posted:

So, moving past that depressing conversation which was out to rob the joy of a dinosaur based world...

WARNING: THE ABOVE LINK CONTAINS MENTION OF BEN REILLY! IF YOU ARE A HOPELESS BEN REILLY FAN, READING THOSE SOLICITS MAY MAKE YOU WANT TO BUY INTO SPIDER-VERSE!

Oh my good God, Scarlet Spiders is a thing and I cannot wait to read it. Holy moley, get in my hands already.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Scarlet Spiders was announced a long time ago and discussed in this here thread.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Waterhaul posted:

Scarlet Spiders was announced a long time ago and discussed in this here thread.

Well gently caress me for missing out. I'm excited.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Shinjobi posted:

Well gently caress me for missing out. I'm excited.

I hope it's good. There are plenty of Spider characters that can be integrated into regular continuity/an interesting line built around the concept of Spider-Verse but the creative teams announced for everything doesn't really inspire me with much confidence.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The Question IRL posted:

Greg Land is like the most boring artist of all time.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Superior's confirmed to be ending with issue 17 :sigh:

At least there's gonna be a omnibus of the story, ideally.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Outside of the Hopelessland stuff and Dan Slott's stuff in the main books, Spider-verse looks pretty decent, nothing setting the world on fire, but tons of okay people doing fun stuff with the spider-people. I'm down for this.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Are they really still trying to shoehorn in Jessica Drew in with the Spider-family? It makes no sense!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Are they really still trying to shoehorn in Jessica Drew in with the Spider-family? It makes no sense!

Ultimate Jessica Drew, who is Ultimate Peter's clone.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

WickedHate posted:

Ultimate Jessica Drew, who is Ultimate Peter's clone.

There's that one, but there's also this one:

quote:

SPIDER-WOMAN #1
DENNIS HOPELESS (W) • GREG LAND (A/C)
VARIANT Cover by MILO MANARA
VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
VARIANT COVER BY SIYA OYUM
ROCKET RACCOON & GROOT VARIANT BY TBA
Blank variant ALSO AVAILABLE
New Ongoing Series/Spider-Verse Tie-In! Jessica Drew has been an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., and agent of S.W.O.R.D., an Avenger and so much more. But nothing could prepare her for the multidimensional insanity that is Spider-Verse! A war is brewing, and every spider-character in the multiverse is a target! But being a target is something Jessica Drew just won’t abide. She’s a woman with a mission and with Silk, the newest spider-character on the block at her side, she’ll have to put all her training to the test if she wants to make it out of Spider-Verse alive!
SPIDER-VERSE KICKS OFF A NEW ONGOING SERIES!
• Dennis Hopeless (CABLE & X-FORCE, AVENGERS: ARENA) and Greg Land (UNCANNY X-MEN) bring you a universe spanning adventure starring Jessica Drew Spider-Woman and the newest spider-hero, SILK!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Alright, yeah, that's pretty silly.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

A Spider-Woman series where she's being integrated into the Spider-Man books (because?) done by Hopeless, Land and Manara doing some covers.

Even hatin' on Bendis I can't think of a bigger drop in quality between series. It's a shame that Wacker left the Spider books behind.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Waterhaul posted:

A Spider-Woman series where she's being integrated into the Spider-Man books (because?) done by Hopeless, Land and Manara doing some covers.

Even hatin' on Bendis I can't think of a bigger drop in quality between series. It's a shame that Wacker left the Spider books behind.

A Spider Woman book with Bendis and Maleev couldn't prop up the character. Is it Hopeless' job to pump out doomed series for Marvel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So I came across this on my news page today.

Basically we all are probably aware at how everyone is challenging people to pour ice over their heads and somehow Motor Neuron Disease will be defeated.

Anyway a 3 year old Irish boy decided to do it and when he had to nominate people to do it he picked his friend, Bono (from U2) and Spider-Man.

http://www.dailyedge.ie/spiderman-ice-bucket-challenge-1637309-Aug2014/

Upon being contacted about this Dan Slott decides to answer the kid's challenge. I thought it was cute.

• Locked thread