Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Slavvy posted:

What's the yellow car?

Ringbrothers '71 Detomaso ADRNLN Pantera.

The interior is er, interesting...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

88h88 posted:

Ringbrothers '71 Detomaso ADRNLN Pantera.

The interior is er, interesting...

I hate everything about that interior except those Bauhaus-as-gently caress gauges.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Ford should have built that instead of the GT

it's amazing how talented people like the Ring Bros. or Steve Stroppe can take an old car and make it look modern

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

^ The Pantera is still a really nice shape, it's not as dated as the rest of the 70s wedges so all you need to do is smooth out a few lines and you're done.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Wasabi the J posted:

I hate everything about that interior except those Bauhaus-as-gently caress gauges.

Please explain to the rest of the class how dumb usage of "minimalism" has anything to do with the Bauhaus design movement, which was about mass production and utilitarianism versus one off craftsmanship (which those gauges certainly are). Bauhaus gauges would more than likely have at least line markings and color, if not numbers.

I don't mean to be so picky, but I hate it when people misuse design. :(

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Bauhaus gauges would be square. Which would be awful.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Octopus Magic posted:

Please explain to the rest of the class how dumb usage of "minimalism" has anything to do with the Bauhaus design movement, which was about mass production and utilitarianism versus one off craftsmanship (which those gauges certainly are). Bauhaus gauges would more than likely have at least line markings and color, if not numbers.

I don't mean to be so picky, but I hate it when people misuse design. :(

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

So Ferrari did a thing. A good thing.
http://hiconsumption.com/2014/08/ferrari-f80-supercar-concept/

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

How do the doors open?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

...what? They just released the La Ferrari...

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That is gloriously insane.. though I'm not sure it's made for humans. I can't see how anyone could preztel themselves into that thing.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Pretty soon cars won't have pneumatic tires anymore, we'll go back to the solid rubber strips that used to be on wooden wheels.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

freelop posted:

How do the doors open?

Barely?

Either way, this isn't an actual thing Ferrari did. It's just some design study some dude came up with. It's also supposed to go 310mph, so yeah.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I loving hate it; it doesn't look particularly pretty (subjective), the tires are paint smears, there's no accounting for suspension travel, and it's apparently designed for very small contortionists to drive.

And it's fake as hell, so at least all isn't lost.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

freelop posted:

How do the doors open?

They build it around you and after driving it for a while eventually you suffocate.

kmcormick9
Feb 2, 2004
Magenta Alert

Chemmy posted:

They build it around you and after driving it for a while eventually you suffocate.

I'm fine with this. Of all the ways I could go, this is a good one.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

DEEERP

missed a page.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Chemmy posted:

Ferrari LaCoffin

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Looks like a loving Vector. Well done.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Looks like a loving Vector. Well done.

Doesn't have as much freedom as a Vector

Aaaaand I just realized that the M12 has a window underneath the beltline, wtf...

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

That rendering looks like something that would be called futuristic in the 80s-90s.

In other words, I like it.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Ew. That looks loving awful. I can't see a single feature on that thing that I like the look of. :raise:

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.
You guys realize this is just someone's speculative design and not an official Ferrari release, right? It's the 3D rendered equivalent of those notebook drawings we all did when we were supposed to be paying attention in math class.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Sure, doesn't make it any less ugly though.

E: I realise it's super subjective but aall the bulges and gaps and folds just make it look messy to me.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Aug 18, 2014

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's not ugly, it's batshit insane in the way that supercars should be. It's the sort of thing that makes for great posters in your bedroom as a kid.

To me it looks like the Ferrari version of the goofy things Lamborghini does.

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006
I went to a local Historic racing event and too a few pictures.

The only Grand Sport in the world with FIA HTP papers:

The white and yellow BMW actually held the pole position in the pre '66 race but it is difficult to beat the Grand Sport to the first corner or pass. The GS does have about 500 hp advantage over the BMW.

The guy in the Manta is _fast_.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.

Aside from the fact that it would have to have "lambo" doors to be functional, this design is amazing. I've never looked at a super car before and really thought "That looks amazing and I want one," but it does and I do.

Even if I would only own it long enough to die in a horrible ball of fire and crippling debt.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The good news is that once you die in a fire, you won't care about debt anymore.

So really there's no downside. Even if a million auto blogs post images of the torched carcass as a warning to the rest of us it can't hurt you anymore.

Basically what I'm saying is buy that car.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.
If they ever produce one and I can afford one I will.

In this fantasy, I'll also mount two GoPros with instructions in my will to post the videos on youtube.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Wasabi the J posted:

I loving hate it; it doesn't look particularly pretty (subjective), the tires are paint smears, there's no accounting for suspension travel, and it's apparently designed for very small contortionists to drive.

And it's fake as hell, so at least all isn't lost.

This, but add "infuriating left tilt in last picture".

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"
Pre-war British dodgem/bumper-car based microcars are awesome AI poo poo

Wiki posted:

In the 1960s Jim Parkinson drove one 15,000 miles (24,000 km) around the world and it was a 98 cc model.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

90 mpg in 1960?

That's like 300 mpg today!

All those rides own and I would love to have one. They're like those battery powered toy cars, except they fit an adult.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

DoLittle posted:

The only Grand Sport in the world with FIA HTP papers:

Ah yes, Michel Campagne and his wonderfully mad Corvette. If you get close up to it in the pit, you can tell that he definitely doesn't baby it, and it's a good thing too, because it sounds absolutely glorious at full chat.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

My friends, I have found something I've been looking for for decades. Thanks to the wonders of the internet, I was finally able to find it.

In the mid-'80s, a teenaged meatpimp poured over every bit of car literature that was available. Motor Trend/Car and Driver/Road $ Track, along with sales literature from Benz and Porsche. During that time, I found a picture of a BMW that stuck in my head, it had the best livery of any car I'd ever seen.

As I said, I looked for it for years, but I was looking for a BMW Art Car, since that's what I remembered it to be. Nope, it was a racing BMW that just happened to have the most awesome livery that I've ever seen, even now. Behold, the #11 BMW 635 CSI (I want to find a better picture of it, but it is an x-ray type of presentation of the interior of the road car):

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

KKKLIP ART posted:

That rendering looks like something that would be called futuristic in the 80s-90s.

In other words, I like it.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

meatpimp posted:

As I said, I looked for it for years, but I was looking for a BMW Art Car, since that's what I remembered it to be. Nope, it was a racing BMW that just happened to have the most awesome livery that I've ever seen, even now. Behold, the #11 BMW 635 CSI (I want to find a better picture of it, but it is an x-ray type of presentation of the interior of the road car):

Looks like the car was Group A and won the 1986 24hr Spa event. "The #11 BMW 635 CSI was driven to victory in the 24 Heures de Francorchamps - Lotto Trophy by Dieter Quester/Altfrid Heger/Thierry Tassin. The car was powered by a longitudinal 6 cylinder, 2V SOHC, 3.4 litre N/A engine. The car started 9th on the grid but by the end of 24 hours, was 6 laps ahead of the 2nd placed car."

Most of the high res images are of models sadly.

I've always loved this one...seeing it in person was amazing.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Ah, the M30 on the hood.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

When Chrysler owned Lamborghini.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I don't even have words to describe how awesome I think this is.