Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I gotta say, at least in Reives, I don't miss WF at all. :allears:

Homestead Gun + Leaden Salute + Ygnes's +1 = 14k Leadens. I can solo Colonization Reives in Inner Ra'Kaznar in less than 3 minutes.

Though it would be nice to get WF unlocked. Anyone wanna go coin farming next week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Just did two runs of AAGK on Normal and I'm not sure how I feel about how I did. I didn't die and never really felt like I was in any huge risk of doing so but the guy was bouncing all over the place it felt like. First run I had a sam, mnk, and rng as the dps and I feel like I struggled to keep him on me for long against the sam and mnk. The second run I feel like I did better in keeping him on me until about 50% where he started going for the thf and sam more often. I was using everything as much as I could but it all felt really hectic so I have no idea how I did compared to other PLDs and I have no idea what I could do differently. Should I even worry about monsters starting to bounce around a bit in fights like this as long as I get them back quickly or should I not be letting them turn away from me ever?

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Condiv posted:

Just did two runs of AAGK on Normal and I'm not sure how I feel about how I did. I didn't die and never really felt like I was in any huge risk of doing so but the guy was bouncing all over the place it felt like. First run I had a sam, mnk, and rng as the dps and I feel like I struggled to keep him on me for long against the sam and mnk. The second run I feel like I did better in keeping him on me until about 50% where he started going for the thf and sam more often. I was using everything as much as I could but it all felt really hectic so I have no idea how I did compared to other PLDs and I have no idea what I could do differently. Should I even worry about monsters starting to bounce around a bit in fights like this as long as I get them back quickly or should I not be letting them turn away from me ever?

They shouldn't be turning away from you, but if the DDs are pubbie scum and are just trying to spam out as much damage as possible it's just as much on them. PLD can't hold mobs 100% on their own, DD has to know when to pull back so they don't generate more hate than you.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Condiv posted:

The mob really should not be turning away. It could be your fault, it could be the pug dd's fault. Rng, mnk and sam, all three of those jobs could pull aggro from a pld.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

So... next weekend high tier battlefields?

Head: Kam'lanaut
Body: Eald'narche
Hand: Ouryu
Legs: Tenzen
Feet: Lancelord Gaheel Ja

Try to have 1 of each KI ready with 30 merits banked for buying more, we'll start on Normal and see what happens.

PLD: Alanse
WHM: Beautiful
???: Jewbacca?
???:
???:
???:

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Oh hell yeah, I haven't even seen the latter 3 battlefields. Count me in. (MNK, BLU, eminent/terp BRD)

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Paladine_PSoT posted:

So... next weekend high tier battlefields?

Head: Kam'lanaut
Body: Eald'narche
Hand: Ouryu
Legs: Tenzen
Feet: Lancelord Gaheel Ja

Try to have 1 of each KI ready with 30 merits banked for buying more, we'll start on Normal and see what happens.

PLD: Alanse
WHM: Beautiful
???: Jewbacca?
???:
???:
???:

Why these fights instead of the Ark Angle 2.0 fights? Merits can be capped at 45. Outer Ra'Kaznar is also a possibility. I have not done any of these fights, except Tenzen. So I have no idea which are easier.

Jewbacca can come as brd or sam. I also don't have the mission done to be able to do the Lancelord Gaheel Ja fight.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

We can do AA, its more merits to grind out though. I want to see some non-aa fights so maybe we get KIs for the 5 aa's and a KI set for ouryu or something? That one seems like fun.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Ouryu is definitely a fun fight. You guys should give it a go.

I've never gone with PLD though. 3 DD with support does the job fine. Just make sure you bring at least a MNK or THF to AOE Ouryu down once we he flies. THF does it a lot faster.

If ya ever need a filler spot for any of those fights shoot me a tell. I keep my merit KIs capped for LS events so I should always be able to go.
Id be down for Skirmish as well, but not if you're gonna cupper it. Just not my thing.

keep it down up there! fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 18, 2014

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

Ouryu is definitely a fun fight. You guys should give it a go.

I've never gone with PLD though. 3 DD with support does the job fine. Just make sure you bring at least a MNK or THF to AOE Ouryu down once we he flies. THF does it a lot faster.

If ya ever need a filler spot for any of those fights shoot me a tell. I keep my merit KIs capped for LS events so I should always be able to go.
Id be down for Skirmish as well, but not if you're gonna cupper it. Just not my thing.

Outer Ra'Kaznar can be done without cupper, so that would be fine. Just because other people use it, does not mean you will get in trouble for it. Scouting areas for more mobs to speed things up, but it is not a requirement.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Gruknor posted:

Outer Ra'Kaznar can be done without cupper, so that would be fine. Just because other people use it, does not mean you will get in trouble for it. Scouting areas for more mobs to speed things up, but it is not a requirement.

Oh I know, I'm not worried about getting banned or anything. It's just not my style, I'd rather play the events as intended. I take a lot of pride in my character and what I've earned.

Doesn't bother me if others do it though. To each his own!
(I know this is super hypocritical since I use windower and plugins :x)

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

Oh I know, I'm not worried about getting banned or anything. It's just not my style, I'd rather play the events as intended. I take a lot of pride in my character and what I've earned.

Doesn't bother me if others do it though. To each his own!
(I know this is super hypocritical since I use windower and plugins :x)

Windower and plugins are kosher, cupper is not. Big difference between using something that they let slide and using something that could get you banned if someone reports you going through walls or going faster than normal.

yolo
Aug 6, 2007
Cupper is gay as hell and should be banned.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

yolo posted:

No... wrong.. having to travel through five other zones to get up a ledge is gay as hell and should be banned.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Holyshoot posted:

No... wrong.. having to travel through five other zones to get up a ledge is gay as hell and should be banned.

Or you could not be lazy and do the flower quests. Also a COR with bolter's roll :smug:

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Or just take one of the 5 warps each zone has now. Getting around Vanadiel takes seconds now, even legit ways.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Kazy posted:

Or you could not be lazy and do the flower quests. Also a COR with bolter's roll :smug:

Nah I'll keep using atma of the blue crab and not get banned.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Holyshoot posted:

ignore posts from yolo, he is a failtroll

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Got my Sandung last night, it's my first iLvl 119 piece of gear. :feelsgood:

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Got my Sandung last night, it's my first iLvl 119 piece of gear. :feelsgood:

Grats, I have that dagger and the shark dagger as my two daggers to use on thf. Get a full 119 armor set for whm, so you do not get one shot on d and vd.

Gruknor fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 20, 2014

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

I'm Beautiful, not Suteru. My cor is.... 1? 7? not sure, but it's single digits def. Next few nights dynamis are going to 119ing my whm relic body (I have the pages for both steps, I just need the anciliary poo poo)

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Paladine_PSoT posted:

I'm Beautiful, not Suteru. My cor is.... 1? 7? not sure, but it's single digits def. Next few nights dynamis are going to 119ing my whm relic body (I have the pages for both steps, I just need the anciliary poo poo)

That is what I meant. >_>

rudejerk
Jul 22, 2014

Actual Shit
Grimey Drawer

Gruknor posted:

Get a full 119 armor set for whm, so you do not get one shot on d and vd.

What are you doing that the WHM is even getting hit by things on D/VD outside of Shadow Lord/Ouryu? Even for those I idle in this crap and I don't think I've ever had a problem unless the run was already a wipe to begin with.

rudejerk fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 20, 2014

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Positive posted:

What are you doing that the WHM is even getting hit by things on D/VD outside of Shadow Lord/Ouryu? Even for those I idle in this crap and I don't think I've ever had a problem unless the run was already a wipe to begin with.

I think he meant our cor, who got repeatedly killed by taking too much hate.

rudejerk
Jul 22, 2014

Actual Shit
Grimey Drawer
COR pulling hate without 119 gear? :psyduck:
I guess it makes sense if you're doing things on normal or if he's targeting the wrong thing/weaponskilling first. I hate COR and try not to play it but when I'm forced to (for D/VD content) it's so starved for ranged accuracy I feel like I do no damage and want to kill myself the entire time.

rudejerk fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 20, 2014

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

yolo posted:

Please be kind yolo. :)

For some reason, FFXI keeps crashing when I attempt to do annihilator trials on Jamie. As soon as I engage, the game crashes but doesn't crash when I draw a weapon on badd. :shobon:

Only programs running are cup and gambot.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Positive posted:

I edited my post to look like I did not make a mistake. I was high on allergy medicine and very little sleep. I apologize. I thought that Paladin_PSoT was Kazey.

Paladine_PSoT posted:

I think he meant our cor, who got repeatedly killed by taking too much hate.

This guy/gal/it is wrong, I just made a simple mistake. Still your whm, could use a refresh set, 50% cure potency set, fastcast set, etc. You are almost there. I need the phorcys body for my sam, so let me know if you need any Neo Nyzule Isle runs.

Positive posted:

COR pulling hate without 119 gear? :psyduck:
I guess it makes sense if you're doing things on normal or if he's targeting the wrong thing/weaponskilling first. I hate COR and try not to play it but when I'm forced to (for D/VD content) it's so starved for ranged accuracy I feel like I do no damage and want to kill myself the entire time.

It was just a simple mistake on my part, I apologize for any grief it has caused you.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

Please be kind yolo. :)

For some reason, FFXI keeps crashing when I attempt to do annihilator trials on Jamie. As soon as I engage, the game crashes but doesn't crash when I draw a weapon on badd. :shobon:

Only programs running are cup and gambot.

My cupper works fine. My exiled v2 does not, it just does not want to fish stuff up or sell stuff. Very rude of it. I even uninstalled and reinstalled. I also added the new fface.dll file to it. No idea on what is wrong, I probably should make a post to ffevo forums. I have not used gambot in awhile. Maybe that is the problem? Still I get windower problems when I try to log in my mule or sometimes for just trying to login when it makes you press that "okay" button.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Gruknor posted:

My cupper works fine. My exiled v2 does not, it just does not want to fish stuff up or sell stuff. Very rude of it. I even uninstalled and reinstalled. I also added the new fface.dll file to it. No idea on what is wrong, I probably should make a post to ffevo forums. I have not used gambot in awhile. Maybe that is the problem? Still I get windower problems when I try to log in my mule or sometimes for just trying to login when it makes you press that "okay" button.

What does gambot do?

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Holyshoot posted:

What does gambot do?

It works Frodno's automatic dildo machine.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Gruknor posted:

It works Frodno's automatic dildo machine.

Is it better or the same as cure please?

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Holyshoot posted:

Is it better or the same as cure please?

I can't answer that question because I have only used gambot. I believe gambot is still being supported by someone. No idea about Cure Please.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Gruknor posted:

I can't answer that question because I have only used gambot. I believe gambot is still being supported by someone. No idea about Cure Please.

Cure please has a beta update again this week, but I haven't seen an update to gambot in years it looks like. I use gambot for setting follow on or off on Emill, but CurePlease to run the healing parts. Gambot annoyed me because it got stuck spamming -na spells on trusts constantly. Also Liquid are you using Sandbox? I haven't used it in a while, but every time I used it before it would crash one or the other of my FFXI windows at random times.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Gruknor posted:

I edited my post to look like I did not make a mistake. I was high on allergy medicine and very little sleep. I apologize. I thought that Paladin_PSoT was Kazey.

This guy/gal/it is wrong, I just made a simple mistake. Still your whm, could use a refresh set, 50% cure potency set, fastcast set, etc. You are almost there. I need the phorcys body for my sam, so let me know if you need any Neo Nyzule Isle runs.

It was just a simple mistake on my part, I apologize for any grief it has caused you.

Im at 42% potency, I have 3 refresh if I switch to wayfarers or 2 in my normal gear, but no real other ref beyond that. For ark angels I could sub rdm and use ref for 3 more.

edit: I really want to get the club from wopket. I do have an oneieros grip, so that's an extra refresh right there, so I could get 7 total right now subbing rdm.

Paladine_PSoT fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Aug 21, 2014

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~
What is necessary in order to dual-box on the same machine? As far as I can tell, POL won't inherently load multiple instances of itself. Would just using Windower work, or is there an add-on that I would need as well?

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Copycat Zero posted:

What is necessary in order to dual-box on the same machine? As far as I can tell, POL won't inherently load multiple instances of itself. Would just using Windower work, or is there an add-on that I would need as well?

Just have as many instances of windower you need.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Gruknor posted:

Just have as many instances of windower you need.

Okay, thanks. While I was poking around a little last night before asking here, I noticed something about "low priority" on the non-primary instances of the game and there being a (now outdated) add-on that would clear that up. What's that about, and is it something to worry about?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Its getting pretty close to the weekend so I figured I'd post what I wanted to do on Friday and Saturday as well as my availability. Friday I'll be home from class around 1:30pm CST and I'll be free for the remainder of that day and all of Saturday. What I want to try focusing on are Outer Ra'Kaznar runs to try and get some KIs to upgrade gear and maybe some of the Delve NMs that can be spawned out in the field for accessory KIs (maybe even Mirka for a shot at Tinhaspa but that's a big maybe). I'm game to do some of the bcnm fights as well but I really want to do the AAEV fight a few times to try and get the Anahera Sword as that'd be a nice upgrade for my PLD.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

My weekend has just been wrecked by a drop in from family. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Condiv posted:

Its getting pretty close to the weekend so I figured I'd post what I wanted to do on Friday and Saturday as well as my availability. Friday I'll be home from class around 1:30pm CST and I'll be free for the remainder of that day and all of Saturday. What I want to try focusing on are Outer Ra'Kaznar runs to try and get some KIs to upgrade gear and maybe some of the Delve NMs that can be spawned out in the field for accessory KIs (maybe even Mirka for a shot at Tinhaspa but that's a big maybe). I'm game to do some of the bcnm fights as well but I really want to do the AAEV fight a few times to try and get the Anahera Sword as that'd be a nice upgrade for my PLD.

I have off on Saturday. Otherwise I am very busy, stupid work.

I need at least two ki to +1 my otronif legs and feet, so I am down for some Outer Ra'Kaznar skirmish runs. I also want to kill Ircinraq or Hyoscya, so I can get the semi-pure russet yggzi so I can get the +acc neck. If we do the AAEV fight on difficult the chance of the sword dropping is a lot higher. I know that you can tank it on normal and below. It will drop on normal, but it takes forever. I want the Bloodrain Grip, Felistris Mask, and Patricus Ring, all from AA 2.0 fights. So I am also for doing some AAEV 2.0 runs. If we all have 45 merits and the AAEV 2.0 ki, we can do 4 runs without having to remerit.

Gruknor fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Aug 21, 2014