Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The Orion leaderboard is just kind of a general collection of "Hmmm" moments. There are definitely some people with realistic stats despite being high, e.g. they have high Acc/HSR but mortal KDRs (suggesting they rush people and kill until killed themselves), or they have high KDR/KPH but low Acc/HSR (suggesting they kill a lot of people but aren't super efficient at aiming). But then you have two of the top five users in kills and KPH, well, being NivX.

Also, all five of the top Orion Accuracy users are in AC, and they're only not also the top five HSR users because a mysterious gentleman named OtakuWizard from Woodman has a 56% HSR after 28,000 Orion kills. :wtf::v::wtf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Does anyone know the recursion overlay programmer? I have a feature request I think would be pretty hilarious. I'd like a separate custom sound config file that plays user defined audio when you kill either a member of an outfit, or a specific person. I need to be able to specify weapon type as well as sanctioned/unsactioned as well.

TL;DR: I want recursion to play the Lysa Arryn clip: "YOU DO NOT FIGHT WITH HONOR, SIR" every time I kill an AC or DA member with a DA unsanctioned weapon.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Those stats actually look a little low to me. I know I don't usually dip into 130 territory unless both my arms are crammed entirely up my own butt. Meanwhile, Mad Katz refuses to even so much as look at my blueprints for an eyebrow-controlled gaming mouse. There is no justice in this messed-up garbage planet.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

o muerte posted:

Does anyone know the recursion overlay programmer? I have a feature request I think would be pretty hilarious. I'd like a separate custom sound config file that plays user defined audio when you kill either a member of an outfit, or a specific person. I need to be able to specify weapon type as well as sanctioned/unsactioned as well.

TL;DR: I want recursion to play the Lysa Arryn clip: "YOU DO NOT FIGHT WITH HONOR, SIR" every time I kill an AC or DA member with a DA unsanctioned weapon.
As long as the pack plays "GINYU FORCE RULES" every time you kill a GOKU member this sounds like pretty much the best pack.

Also killing an AOD member should just be a cash register sound.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Nakar posted:

Also killing an AOD member should just be a cash register sound.

I'd go with the coin collect sound from Super Mario Brothers personally. AOD, PHX, DaPP and SSGO would all benefit from it.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Can we get the Homer grunt for teamkills? Sorry to everyone who helped me figure out AV grenades last night. :I

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Can we get the Homer grunt for teamkills? Sorry to everyone who helped me figure out AV grenades last night. :I

Back in the day when .wavs were the poo poo in AOL file servs I had the Homer D'oh! sound as my windows error sound. It was the funniest thing on the planet.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Just wait till you discover stickies.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

o muerte posted:

I love the moment between an ally running through you and getting stickied on the back and the explosion killing 5 allies. I just dash out of blast radius, turn around, and cringe (my character does the first two, there's no cringe emote in-game yet so I do that part IRL, this probably should happen though).

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

vigorous sodomy posted:

Back in the day when .wavs were the poo poo in AOL file servs I had the Homer D'oh! sound as my windows error sound. It was the funniest thing on the planet.

I used a sound clip from a Sailor Moon transformation sequence for the on/off noise on a workstation for six months before they finally reversed the office headphone ban.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Nakar posted:

I love the moment between an ally running through you and getting stickied on the back and the explosion killing 5 allies. I just dash out of blast radius, turn around, and cringe (my character does the first two, there's no cringe emote in-game yet so I do that part IRL, this probably should happen though).

God yeah. The worst is when you're ducking out of a spawn camped building to toss one and it sticks to the guy who just ran through you, who then runs ... back into the spawn. I haven't had any 12-kills yet but I know they're coming.

Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

vigorous sodomy posted:

I've called him out in here before and the reply is usually 'he doesn't cheat,' and it's let to drop. Like 99.999% of all other cheat accusations.
99.999% of cheat accusations are false, though; Partly because sometimes RNG just loves you. Today as a medic I was sliding down a slope and noscope chain-headshotted an infil with my Cycler T1; I seriously killed him in 5 shots while hipfiring. It was virtually all luck, but to him that was like some #wow #whoa aimbot poo poo going on. Basically what I'm getting at is that you can only be sure someone is cheating is they can constantly pull off the bullshit, an isolated incident may be lag or luck.

o muerte posted:

Here, I fixed that for you.
I'm not sure anyone in AC cheats except JustHereForOrion; He's definitely doing something shady, though I'm not sure what. Half the AC guys stream, too, they're just super good megaspergs.

Nakar posted:

a mysterious gentleman named OtakuWizard from Woodman has a 56% HSR after 28,000 Orion kills. :wtf::v::wtf:
amazing

o muerte posted:

Stickies are what you do in 48+ biolab camps, when the enemy has a spawn room but is too afraid to push in; They always have at least one MAX poking in and out trying to farm kills, and if you sticky him, he'll give all his spawn-room buddies a present :getin:

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
So I've been posting the Daily / Members Sales in this thread while @PS2DailyDeals* has been in Vegas, and it seems like it usually kicks off a bit of discussion. Do you guys want me to continue?

* I can't remember which goon this is

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
It'd be broken as hell but I would give any amount of certs for an ammo pack upgrade that let you refill grenades. There's no way you could balance it, though.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

o muerte posted:

DA unsanctioned weapon.
Is this seriously a loving thing

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
After ages of bitching and the long reign of Giraffe and OG Shank You Very Much, the shoe is finally on the other foot for the VS.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Shotguns and sniper rifles are dishonorabu and do not count against your pro MLG stats.

(I actually like the IVI tracking as applies to filtering out deaths to vehicle weapons though)

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

You betcha! DA stats have 'Unsanctioned' weapons that don't get counted for your infantry KD Ratio. This includes... well basically anything that doesn't shoot Bullets, all MAX weapons, Sniper rifles and shotguns.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

orion only the crown no med kits

haha how many of those kills were under BR 20 who would have died to this guy no matter what color he was? :allears:

mbt fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 18, 2014

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Nakar posted:

After ages of bitching and the long reign of Giraffe and OG Shank You Very Much, the shoe is finally on the other foot for the VS.

Shotguns and sniper rifles are dishonorabu and do not count against your pro MLG stats.

(I actually like the IVI tracking as applies to filtering out deaths to vehicle weapons though)

Fans posted:

You betcha! DA stats have 'Unsanctioned' weapons that don't get counted for your infantry KD Ratio. This includes... well basically anything that doesn't shoot Bullets, all MAX weapons, Sniper rifles and shotguns.
AHAHAHAHAHAH

Apparently battle rifles are dishonorabu too, this is amazing

I should use nothing but such

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Considering the Orion is a purpose-built MLG FPS turbosperg weapon it's not surprising that so much of the top 10 are obvious or questionable

AC, however, is pretty much in the clear. They're just all really, really good at doing one thing (defending bases as an HA with Orion/Commish/Deci) and literally never do anything else. JHFO is suspicious but it's primarily because of his penchant for chaining headshots from across amp stations on 3-4 people in rapid succession, and also everything else he does.

As far as Orion poo poo goes, I have what I call the Posseee Line, based on the stats of the VS player who is as obsessed with the Orion as I am the Reaper/SAW. Anybody above it is very probably cheating, anybody at or below is fine.

The other day we caught some AC attacking Waterson and proceeded to farm the hell out of them because they couldn't fathom bringing more than one spawn, and because they were all HAs they were forced to shove themselves through the infantry openings that were so thick with SAW fire that nothing would make it through.

They were FURIOUS, and I mean like LEXINGTONSTEELLOL levels of furious, that we were using MAXes and were dropping while squads onto sundies to kill them. One tried to call me out saying I live in a fatsuit which, despite my love of them, I'd be surprised if I had 1/3 the time in a fatsuit as I have as a medic. Eventually they bailed to who even knows where and we were left to mop up AT. Oh, and like most fights with the VS yesterday, they were pushed backed to their spawn the moment they dropped below 68% pop. What the hell VS? You're supposed to have the bads ghost cap, not lose both tech plants on the busiest continent

I guess they thought it was a PAL thing?

Fans posted:

Anything that has now, or has ever had access to underbarrel anything is also unsanctioned. That means the Gauss Rifle S lol

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Fierce Brosnan posted:

So I've been posting the Daily / Members Sales in this thread while @PS2DailyDeals* has been in Vegas, and it seems like it usually kicks off a bit of discussion. Do you guys want me to continue?

Westy manages the daily deals Twitter.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2014/08/16/soe-sell-planetside-2-calling-audience-console-peasants

I was there when they made this joke. Imagine getting upset over this, :laffo:

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAH

Anything that let's a non-HA class have a good chance at beating a Skill Shield Heavy is unsanctioned.

Now guess which class infantry spergs like AC and DA usually have at or above 50% of their playtime.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Epic High Five posted:

As far as Orion poo poo goes, I have what I call the Posseee Line, based on the stats of the VS player who is as obsessed with the Orion as I am the Reaper/SAW. Anybody above it is very probably cheating, anybody at or below is fine.
Posseee also has noticeably worse accuracy and HSR than similar people in the Orion leaderboard. And a fathomable KDR. He and the other guy from DA up in the top 20 or so seem plausible, but man I dunno about the guys above him. There are several AC players with Orion stats equivalent to NivX's, that's kind of damning by association even if it were to turn out to be false.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAH

Battle Rifles are IVI Sanctioned, as are both kinds of Scout Rifle. Only Sniper Rifles, Rocket Launchers, anything with UBGL/UBSG, and Shotguns are unsanctioned.

And now, your weekly dose of Forumside.

First, a thread asks "Where is de balance???" Indeed, where is de balance. Where can it de. Well I'll tell you where it isn't: In an argument between NC and TR over who has the worst guns:

quote:

At each new patch, NC has saw power weapon diminished and the result is that we never, could win, we don`t pass more than 3 sectors away the Warpgate.
It's evident that that balance doesn`t exist at the evidence I refer.

Worst It was a bad idea to merge servers I was in waterson and my ping were acceptable but now Emerald it's unplayable.
That merge reveals that many people abandoned the game.

NC claims that our slow and inaccurate weapons has the damage that should have.
Our tank before although slow were strong in that time had really BALANCE.

NC no use reavers why? because Mosquitos and Sichtes evade us and Reaver weapons don´t has heavier damage.

Developers please make a real BALANCE.

OK NC it's slowly, high recoil but give us the damage that our weapons deserve.

quote:

YOU complain about being inaccurate?!?!?!

Dude, try a TR weapon.

THAT is recoil.

What you NC have is nothing but a little shake compared to what we have.

If you were even more accurate, you wouldn't need any sniper rifles anymore, you could simply use your SAW as one, just buy a 4x scope.

quote:

Anchor gets out DPS by the likes of the MSW-R and Orion. and the Jackhammer is also outplayed by the other Shotguns in CQC, Jackhammer has better range thats all.

The problem with NC small arms, is that they are generally harder to use then both the TR and Vanu weapons. Higby said if they bring them up to the same level, the very high skill players in NC would have a slight advantage over the other two factions. Meaning you have to play NC at Medium+ level to be on par with both Vanu and TR.
Which is why alot of people say NC = Hardmode. :S

quote:

The Gauss saw goes all over the shant, never mind about controlling it under recoil, the bullets just go whereever they want, that red dot is more of a 'might possibly go here' mark.
Elsewhere, it turns out it totally wasn't ZOE after all! I guess!

quote:

Venting rage at the fact that Connery VS can only use Maxes and apparently they are good for all situations with equal lethality.

I understand they are the entry-level EZMode way to get to 100 but please, SOE do something about this.

quote:

As a Connery player I sadly must second this.... VS on our server are out of control!!! I'm so sick of PPA and Super Fast Rocket dodging Maxes... Anyone that would argue that a NC or TR Max is more difficult to kill than a VS max needs to get a brain scan!! And if you'll be honest enough to admit the VS max is the most difficult to kill, then the next question is... Why do they also have High velocity, High Damage Plasma guns that can down a player, or vehicle equally? It makes 0 sense that VS get the high mobility in addition to high damage. I'm not saying they have the "highest damage" weapons because I believe DPS wise most weapons are relatively equal. However, why in the world does one faction get increased running speed/mobility without any penalty?
EDIT: Note this VS MAX thread was posted Saturday.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Aug 18, 2014

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
I know there's a couple other Connery people lurking in the thread. Any of you NC guys know what the heck happened to catapult you back to FOTM? It's rare to see NC with under 40% world pop before midnight PST these days.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Nakar posted:

Sometimes it works out when its that moment your ally decides to YOLO into a room full of enemy dudes, not knowing you stickied him in the back (accidentally of course). Sorry Aoad

Eonwe posted:

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2014/08/16/soe-sell-planetside-2-calling-audience-console-peasants

I was there when they made this joke. Imagine getting upset over this, :laffo:

My appreciation for Higby just went up tenfold :pcgaming:

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Aug 18, 2014

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAH

The give those weapons their own categories though, which I think it pretty clever.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

BabelFish posted:

I know there's a couple other Connery people lurking in the thread. Any of you NC guys know what the heck happened to catapult you back to FOTM? It's rare to see NC with under 40% world pop before midnight PST these days.

I honestly don't know what caused it. Maybe the power of the canrasser? :v:

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Nakar posted:

Yeah thats just stupid people he coulda been any color and killed them all. A decent player wont get fooled by camo which is why you use it in zergs because the decent players usually leave zergs!

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Nakar posted:

What's dumb (besides those horrible VS) is that black camo has been available for months now if you checked the members exclusive section.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Fierce Brosnan posted:

I never got a chance to reply but thank you a ton for posting them in the thread while I was out. I found your posts a few times before asking someone on Steam to check for me.

Nakar posted:

Elsewhere, it turns out it totally wasn't ZOE after all! I guess!

EDIT: Note this VS MAX thread was posted Saturday.

No it's pretty bad honestly, or it was in the resource update. There are a number of MAX primary players on VS, moreso than TR. NC probably has a bunch too but I haven't played not-NC on Connery in awhile. Besides, clack-clack-clack-clack-clack of VS MAX arms is my trigger. :ohdear:

Westy543 fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Aug 18, 2014

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Fierce Brosnan posted:

Aug 18
Daily sale: MRC3 Mercy / AF-34 Mattock / Blueshift (right)
Members sale: T1B Cycler / Gauss Rifle Burst / Equinox VE2 Burst

Since no one responded to you, I will.
EDIT: drat it Westy.

I love it every time you post the sales so I don't have to log in. I really do appreciate it and wish you would keep on doing it. Thank you for going through the trouble.

I have two grinders now, no extended mags, but I do have slugs. Should I get the Mattocks as well? Does the range and big projectile speed increase help slugs and shot much? Or are grinders pretty much all I'll ever need?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Honestly, if you have dual Grinders and have slugs on them you don't need to dump more certs into Mattocks. They are marginally better at it but the Grinders have their own appeal with the larger magazines. Just get exmags on your Grinders, since that's kind of the whole point of them.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Yeah that recursion "easy mode" is pretty accurate. I also love that he bothered to silence his desperado while using a NC shotgun.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I wish I could find these mythical people tower-stompers are always farming who look right at me and don't even attempt to shoot me.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Yeah, seriously. I have recursion running for a couple of months and only gotten "easy mode" twice.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Do SMG kills while playing HA count towards the SMG kills directive for light assault?

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

No.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Mortimer posted:

haha how many of those kills were under BR 20 who would have died to this guy no matter what color he was? :allears:

Videos of that Vonic guy doing exactly this only it's daytime have been posted here before. It's not the camo, it's a lack of situational awareness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Fart Car '97 posted:

Do SMG kills while playing HA count towards the SMG kills directive for light assault?

I doubt it, or they'd also count for infiltrator, letting you farm directives for two classes while playing neither of them. Which would be pretty :soe:, but I spent nearly all my time auraxing the PDW as those two classes, and I still need smg kills for both to get their respective directives.

• Locked thread