Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Just one more day until FMW3. One more day. :negative:

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
You misspelled "Reitaisai"

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

leather fedora posted:

You misspelled "Reitaisai"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXMej__yTmE

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!

You killed my wolf... ahahaha... I like that.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So apparently today's the 10 year anniversary of IN's release. Fancy that eh?

Jinx, the dude who makes those fake PC-98 Remake videos, is finally releasing the music,at least for LLS.

Oddly enough he's gone for I-Tunes too.

EDIT: Wait I just noticed that box says 2. Apparently we missed out on the Mystic Square CD.

HGH fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Aug 16, 2014

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Jinx is releasing his music? Holy crap

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
So, I guess Comiket Saturday has more or less come and gone. Is there any word on when FMW3 will be available to purchase online? I can't find anything on the Sanbondo page or the prior vendors mentioned.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Sanbondo doesn't do online sales, unfortunately.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Yeah, but they have listings of all the places that sell their products on their webpage here. But they only list the demo version for Ei.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

They usually put it up after Comiket. It sucks, but you gotta wait. :negative:

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
FMW3 is awesome, but about as buggy as usual. Already two patches out, and it still froze as soon as Nue showed up.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I was already planning to use Reisen but

now I'm definitely using her. :allears:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm glad Reisen gets to be cool considering she's usually the Eintei punching bag in-universe and outside of it. Even though some of it is deserved really.
So what's she handle like? I get the feeling I'm looking at a better Alice who's super fragile.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

She's basically a massive Gundam reference. Exia style beam attacks, Trans-Am UDON-ZAM, Satellite Cannon, the works. Her default PS is Hit and Away, haven't checked out the rest yet.

She burns through MP like crazy, and has taken up Hina's mantle of having Support Defend when by all means she shouldn't. It looks like Sanbondo's pushing the Youmu/Reisen friendship thing too, so hopefully this ends in REAL WOMEN RIDE EACH OTHER.

She ends up accidentally getting on the rocket to the moon and freaks the gently caress out.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

She ends up accidentally getting on the rocket to the moon and freaks the gently caress out.

Wait, are the Watatsuki Sisters in the third game?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Yes. You get a SRW Z2 style option of fighting Yorihime at full power, and she is completely utterly astoundingly bullshit.

Like, do 17k to a defending Nitori bullshit. And Nitori's actually good in FMW3!

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

If I cared about strategy RPGs I'd be interested now. Guess I'll just wait for your totally inevitable LP of it though.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
http://i.imgur.com/wUfuxDB.png

This game is everything I wanted and more.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

BlitzBlast posted:

And Nitori's actually good in FMW3!

Jury's still out on this one.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Since she's probably going to give people trouble, notes on Yorihime.

She has Shrine Maiden level 9, Supreme (at 130 Power, +20% to hit/evade rates and -20% damage taken), Break Power Limit, Blocking level 3, Predict level 2, and Double Move. She has four spells, the first boosts her damage by 1200 and something else, the second zeroes the accuracy of all Ranged attacks, the third lets her break the accuracy cap, pass through your units, and apparently reverses defending (so when I said Nitori took 17k while defending, well that's why), and her last spell (a MAP) gives her a third turn and buffs all her stats. You only have to capture 2 of her spells on normal, so seriously don't be afraid to time out.

At the beginning of the chapter you have a dialogue choice. If you pick the first (something like "We didn't come here to fight"), your side starts with boosted power. If you pick option two ("No, you go away!" I think?), you get another dialogue choice. If you pick the first she starts at 130 Power. The second, 150. The third, 170. Her HP is boosted as well. She's basically impossible at 170 on a fresh playthrough, so don't do that.

She's kind of bullshit.

EDIT: Also, as Ryza put it, she hits like a truck covered in trucks so I hope you have defenders ready. What, you were playing on Reimu's route and lost the main bulk of your party after IN? Well sucks to be you. :shepface:

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Aug 18, 2014

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So uh, apparently someone found a bit of a deployment glitch(warning, character spoilers I suppose).

quote:

I'll try to explain it. Basically at the next scenario intermission screen just set up your teams however you want, don't pay attention to cost, go over it on purpose.
After the stage starts and you get to deploy select the third option that lets you set up pairs. When you do it should have set you back under/par to cost and moved your teams with one team at the end of the deployment area. Just move the last team in the deploy area over to another spot in the deploy area and it'll then move the first non-deployed team to a deployable spot. Just keep repeating till all your spots are filled as you desire.
This is seriously messed. You can just keep raising your cost to stupid high amounts. Also I noticed that it will NOT deploy the last deployable team no matter what, that slot is glitched in the process of moving the units back by going over cost. I guess what happens is the game thinks the last deploy slot is actually a reserve slot.

Likely to be fixed next patch but in the meantime you can enjoy cheesing tough maps.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Does anyone else get unplayable frame rates on Windows 8? All three of the games run at like 2 fps, and my computer isn't bad or anything.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

BlitzBlast posted:

She's basically a massive Gundam reference. Exia style beam attacks, Trans-Am UDON-ZAM, Satellite Cannon, the works. Her default PS is Hit and Away, haven't checked out the rest yet.

Glad to see the best touhou is getting her due.

Ryza
Mar 15, 2012

Disco Thunder

HGH posted:

So uh, apparently someone found a bit of a deployment glitch(warning, character spoilers I suppose).

Likely to be fixed next patch but in the meantime you can enjoy cheesing tough maps.

I actually just discovered this myself and man is it hilarious.

(Spoilers for the second half of the game)

EDIT: Oh sanbondo you are just the best.

Ryza fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Aug 18, 2014

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
While that glitch is pretty funny, I wish that the legit deployment limits weren't quite so horribly restrictive. It really tamps down on the excitement of getting a big pack of new people when you realize the only way you can use them is by dropping your current favorites, especially since this entry has a hugely massive amount of cast bloat.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Yorihime being pure BS fills me with a warm fuzzy feeling.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
That glitch works on 1.0.2? I can't seem to replicate it on my end.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
While we're talking about glitches, no matter what you do, don't kill all the enemies on stage 38 before the boss shows up.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Kanos posted:

While that glitch is pretty funny, I wish that the legit deployment limits weren't quite so horribly restrictive. It really tamps down on the excitement of getting a big pack of new people when you realize the only way you can use them is by dropping your current favorites, especially since this entry has a hugely massive amount of cast bloat.

It only really starts to bite you when you try to pile on as many big names as you can. Taking Reimu's IN as an example, if you resist the urge to throw in Yukari, Yuyuko, Suika, and Ran (a whopping 13.5 or so altogether) you can pretty much use everyone else in her team. In fact in hindsight you probably should do this because they all leave after IN and what is probably the hardest part of the game takes place right after that.

Let me tell you, nothing like going through SSiB, where everything is level 40+, when like 80% of your units are in their late 20s or early 30s. :negative:

EDIT: Thinking about it more, 3.5's should basically never be paired, it's almost always a waste. Border and Magic teams are the only legitimate IN teams really worth using because Yukari is built to be in the back row and Alice is pretty much an extra gun for Marisa now.

EDIT 2: Also I loving called it, from what I can tell Shiro is really heavily hinted to be Byakuren.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Aug 18, 2014

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

is there a reimu vs marisa mission though

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

a cartoon duck posted:

is there a reimu vs marisa mission though

Yes there is. It's a full blown Zeuth vs Zeuth type scenario.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

What of runia?

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
So now that we've hit Flandre, Yukari, and Yorihime, who the hell will be the endboss of the final game? Shinki?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Parsee you jerk, I can't see my movement range on your bridge. :argh:

Also did some more looking around. Reisen's other PS's are: significantly buff one of her attacks, change her Snipe to Assail, and increases the range of all her attacks by 1. Eirin's default makes her Heal/Replenish (she has both) fully restore HP/MP. Kaguya's default heals everyone on the field by 3000 HP, and Tewi just lowers the cost of Bless. :geno:

There are also various buffs to previous characters. Aya can switch if she's focused or not after moving, Alice and Mokou can use Shanghai Doll and Resurrection without needing to equip them, after IN Keine can transform when she hits 130 power, Sakuya's Elegant now buffs her skill by 20 at 130 power, Meiling got a new PS that lets her Support Defend during player phase three times a chapter, and Youmu... got nerfed actually, she lost her MAP. And her best song. :smith:

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Aug 18, 2014

Ryza
Mar 15, 2012

Disco Thunder
So it looks like NG+ is a bit broken right now.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Ryza posted:

So it looks like NG+ is a bit broken right now.

Everything looks right to me

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Okay so Parsee is a really weird boss and for the life of me I can't tell if it's because she's super bugged or just hard to figure out. Assuming everything works as intended, as long as she's in her field:

1. Certain characters can not damage Parsee, or otherwise do reduced damage. It seems mostly random: Reimu, Alice, Sakuya and Sanae did 0 while Marisa and Youmu were nerfed. If it weren't for Alice, I'd have assumed it was player characters only. Likewise, if it weren't for Youmu I'd have also thought it's every character has ever scored either first or second place on a Touhou popularity poll. It can't be a "well normally you do 0 damage but Marisa and Youmu are super strong" because Reimu is WP level 7 and has like six weapon upgrades on my end so she's crazy strong. So I don't know! :psyduck:

2. Anybody she hits with her MAP gets a debuff that makes Parsee's next attack do crazy amounts of damage.

The bonuses for the SA chapters are super weird. I think for the first you have to trigger both spells at the same time, and the second you have to capture them simultaneously?

EDIT: Okay I'm just going to assume the WP bonus is bugged. I have tried literally everything and jack poo poo. What a waste of an hour.

EDIT 2: And it figures right after I say that I got it. It's just capture the spells (specifically Yuugi's second spell) on the same turn (and no using bombs), but if you try and capture them both at the same time it bugs and doesn't give it to you.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Aug 19, 2014

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Okay, I got the roster bug working. It seems like it only works if you have enough people to fill every launch slot during intermission, so effectively it only works after the first route merge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

Okay so Parsee is a really weird boss and for the life of me I can't tell if it's because she's super bugged or just hard to figure out. Assuming everything works as intended, as long as she's in her field:

1. Certain characters can not damage Parsee, or otherwise do reduced damage. It seems mostly random: Reimu, Alice, Sakuya and Sanae did 0 while Marisa and Youmu were nerfed. If it weren't for Alice, I'd have assumed it was player characters only. Likewise, if it weren't for Youmu I'd have also thought it's every character has ever scored either first or second place on a Touhou popularity poll. It can't be a "well normally you do 0 damage but Marisa and Youmu are super strong" because Reimu is WP level 7 and has like six weapon upgrades on my end so she's crazy strong. So I don't know! :psyduck:

I may be wrong about this but I seem to remember that in one of the polls Youmu got the most first place votes even though she didn't end up first or second overall. So perhaps that contributed?