Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

How could you get that and not get a Sev'ral Timez, Poster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

The Red Queen posted:

So I hope I don't sound like someone out of the Adventure Time thread...

You're not Sithsaber and you're not extrapolating any rape baby themes. I think you're good. :)

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

ireladd posted:

You're not Sithsaber and you're not extrapolating any rape baby themes. I think you're good. :)

I would consider it a personal favor if you were to watch the episode, read Steve Yun's analysis of it and then decide if we're just a bunch of sniggering assholes getting our rocks off or if this interpretation is at least plausible.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Man, I miss when Adventure Time was just a cool funny show about a kid and his stretchy dog. I have no clue what the gently caress it is now.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

No please leave that in that ghetto where it belongs, thanks.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
People in a thread for a cartoon being elitist about a different thread for a cartoon.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

DarklyDreaming posted:

Aww it's just a poster, I want something made of sheet metal

The best I could find is something like this: http://www.retroplanet.com/PROD/25937?gclid=CI6IkJ3dnMACFUoS7AodrngA1Q

Bown posted:

People in a thread for a cartoon being elitist about a different thread for a cartoon.

TVIV in a nutshell, right?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

CelticPredator posted:

Man, I miss when Adventure Time was just a cool funny show about a kid and his stretchy dog. I have no clue what the gently caress it is now.

I watched the first season of Adventure Time and it was really good, but Netflix doesn't have any other season so I never didn't watch any other season. I heard it's pretty dumb now, and I guess I'm happy Netflix never picked up any of the others.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Please direct all posts concerning/bitching about the Cartoon Network cartoon series "Adventure Time" to the following thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3565204&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Now :frogout:

Four Score fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Aug 18, 2014

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Adventure Time is actually a really good show and you deep need to "deeply analyze" the episodes to enjoy it

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

ireladd posted:

:stare: The gently caress is going on in the Adventure Time thread.

Edit: Anyway, Looks like the titles and dates for the next two episodes have been posted.

September 8, 2014-Sock Opera

and

September 19, 2014-Soos and the Real Girl. The preview image to this one I found on the Gravity Falls wiki and... I guess were going there.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Aug 18, 2014

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

BigRed0427 posted:

:stare: The gently caress is going on in the Adventure Time thread.

Do you remember the Alien movies
something like that happened, people are really proud that they can see the similarities between having a child that kind of way and having a chest/brain burster.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

PassTheRemote posted:

TVIV in a nutshell, right?

No, TVIV in a nutshell is "WOOOOOW A THING JUST HAPPENED OH MY GOD" for fifteen pages at a time.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
Sorry to :can: guys, but for real though, it's been a while between seasons, and Harry Potter comes to mind as another series that grew up with its fans. Maybe they're done dismissing with a lot of tween tropes for now or maybe they're getting them out of the way for something more complex.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
So, how about that Pines family, and their mysteries? What do you think about them?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Suspicious Dish posted:

So, how about that Pines family, and their mysteries? What do you think about them?

I'm for 'em!

Going to have to watch Lars and the real girl before I watch Soos and the real girl.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Suspicious Dish posted:

I refuse to answer this question.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Suspicious Dish posted:

The mysteries work best as external metaphors for internal struggle for Mabel/dipper, and as pure episodic set pieces

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

paradoxGentleman posted:

I would consider it a personal favor if you were to watch the episode, read Steve Yun's analysis of it and then decide if we're just a bunch of sniggering assholes getting our rocks off or if this interpretation is at least plausible.

the episode was a rip on Alien. Alien has some rapey themes but even that's not a cut and dry case of 'it's definitely rape', and then you filter it through the lens of a children's show and it's just loving weird. technically yes it's a 'valid interpretation' i guess but god drat is it loving uncomfortable to talk about in such a context.

the show's creator is a known manchild though and he doesn't really seem to shy away from putting that kind of hosed up stuff in the show so maybe it was intended?

-------------------

Okay though, to contribute, do we know for sure if there's going to be a season 3 of this? Do we know if they're going to finish airing this season before I start collecting Social Security?

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 18, 2014

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Hot drat. The fighting game jokes in Fight Fighters were wonderful and I just can't wait how they're going to rip on date sims.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Laputanmachine posted:

Hot drat. The fighting game jokes in Fight Fighters were wonderful and I just can't wait how they're going to rip on date sims.
I hope there's pepper spray.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

icantfindaname posted:

the episode was a rip on Alien. Alien has some rapey themes but even that's not a cut and dry case of 'it's definitely rape', and then you filter it through the lens of a children's show and it's just loving weird. technically yes it's a 'valid interpretation' i guess but god drat is it loving uncomfortable to talk about in such a context.

the show's creator is a known manchild though and he doesn't really seem to shy away from putting that kind of hosed up stuff in the show so maybe it was intended?

-------------------

Okay though, to contribute, do we know for sure if there's going to be a season 3 of this? Do we know if they're going to finish airing this season before I start collecting Social Security?

I haven't seen the AT episode, but Alien is very obviously "Dick Aliens and Rape: The Movie."

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

To go with something slightly more on-topic, Ian Worrel, art director of Gravity Falls, has won an Emmy. That's pretty great.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

The only true love for Soos

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I'm just going to have to nip this in the bud right now.

Ban everybody. Then burn the server hosting the accounts.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Level Slide posted:

"Hey dood, wanna know my kokoro wish? It's you! :haw:"

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Level Slide posted:

"Well! This is getting weird."

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm so glad someone put this up on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmlTByniHA4

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Haha, if there ever was a cartoon great enough to have a manchild playing an anime dating game, it's this show.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
This had me giggling like an idiot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsHEztEmXc4

"It's too dope, I can't cope!"

e: holy poo poo

"I thought you always hated those jokes."

"We can make those jokes."

Four Score fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Aug 19, 2014

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I would watch Ducktective every week

Tollemache
Oct 10, 2012

Macaluso posted:

I'm so glad someone put this up on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmlTByniHA4

Remembering that Alex Hirsch is doing both sides of this conversation makes it even better.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I would watch every show-within-a-show in Gravity Falls.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

paradoxGentleman posted:

I would watch every show-within-a-show in Gravity Falls.
paradoxGentleman, why you ackin so cray-cray?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Robot Hobo posted:

paradoxGentleman, why you ackin so cray-cray?

The duchess approves.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Ineffiable posted:

The duchess approves.

You had your chance at the cotillion, you!

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

CobiWann posted:

You had your chance at the cotillion, you!

That's what I'm sayin'!

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
It's just like my life! In a way!

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Ineffiable posted:

The duchess approves.

She may be a duchess, but she's also a woman!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

paradoxGentleman posted:

She may be a duchess, but she's also a woman!

Yes! Yes! In your face, Elizabeth!

Man, I am glad this show is back. Didn't realize how much I missed it.

• Locked thread