Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

It seemed like more of a keeper league from what was presented.

That being said I would take Harvin, Smith if it is more dynasty rules. Also it depends on the rest of the team. Are we trying to win now, or a year or two?

Keep the whole starting roster (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE), draft your bench

I have:

QB - Brady
RB - L. Bell, Mathews (J. Bell)
WR - DT, White, Smith (VJax, Harvin, Crabtree, Gordon)
TE - Gronk (Pitta)

I think that more or less constitutes as "win now"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Drafting in a few hours and starting to have second thoughts about taking Jimmy Graham in the first from the 6/8th position. Taking a guy who's essentially a WR1/2 that I get to play in my TE slot isn't a crazy idea right? Especially since I'll get the 11th pick and still should be able to get one of Green/Marshall/Lacy/Lynch for my second pick

Also, I'm thinking about aiming for either Houston or Bengals for DST this year. Last year there was talk about KC around this time which I was able to take advantage of. Which are the top couple DSTs looking to be this year?

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Obama Yo Mama posted:

I have:

QB - Brady
TE - Gronk (Pitta)

I would agree with Gronk, and Brady. Then I vote White, VJax. White, Smith if you want a little more time to make it happen.

Cut out Brady, though, and you could have a good "year or two team".

I don't like Crabtree which ever way you go.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Kloaked00 posted:

Drafting in a few hours and starting to have second thoughts about taking Jimmy Graham in the first from the 6/8th position. Taking a guy who's essentially a WR1/2 that I get to play in my TE slot isn't a crazy idea right? Especially since I'll get the 11th pick and still should be able to get one of Green/Marshall/Lacy/Lynch for my second pick

Also, I'm thinking about aiming for either Houston or Bengals for DST this year. Last year there was talk about KC around this time which I was able to take advantage of. Which are the top couple DSTs looking to be this year?

Unless you play in a league with 3 (RB/WR/TE) flexes or something there's nothing at all wrong with Graham at 6, especially in a league as small as yours. Every team is going to be stacked, so having that positional advantage at TE is huge.

I've heard good stuff about the Rams D/ST this year. Also, TB.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I just I guess in a way ACCIDENTALLY joined a league that starts 2 defenses, 2 lineman, 2 DB's, and an LB. Ive never even done IDP before. Please kill me thanks

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Obama Yo Mama posted:

I have:

QB - Brady
TE - Gronk (Pitta)

That makes a difference. I would keep Roddy this year, since he will be getting looks out of the slot a ton. I think DT, White, Smith is the way to go.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Kloaked00 posted:

Graham or Gronk + an RB is just as good as any WR/RB combination you can come up with in the first few rounds. It just really depends on where you want to be stronger or weaker. If I was in your position, I wouldn't mind gambling on Graham, then RB/RB, and then WR/RB/WR or WR/WR/RB. WRs are super deep this year; I just had a draft and snagged Jeffrey and Allen in the 3rd and 5th, respectively, and Reggie Wayne in the 8th. Your WRs are unlikely to be an issue if you wait a little bit. Personally, I prefer strong TEs and RBs over WRs since you can generally find passable WRs anytime you want during the season.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Aug 18, 2014

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Okay, this is happening. Look on ye and despair http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3658712

The Extrapolator
Dec 14, 2006

Now what the fuck are some of these god damn questions?
Ok, I have fourth pick in my 12 person keeper league. Using my 2nd round pick to keep Montee Ball and I don't have a 3rd round pick. Would you grab Megatron, Dez, DT or have Forte, McCoy, Charles, or AP fall into your lap? Did some mocks and its not pretty for WR1 not picking til 4th round.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The Extrapolator posted:

Ok, I have fourth pick in my 12 person keeper league. Using my 2nd round pick to keep Montee Ball and I don't have a 3rd round pick. Would you grab Megatron, Dez, DT or have Forte, McCoy, Charles, or AP fall into your lap? Did some mocks and its not pretty for WR1 not picking til 4th round.

What is your scoring and roster?

The Extrapolator
Dec 14, 2006

Now what the fuck are some of these god damn questions?

old dog child posted:

What is your scoring and roster?

Standard 0ppr 4points for throwing. Keeping OJ at 12th and Christine Michael at 11th.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

Needs kickers :colbert:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

The Extrapolator posted:

Standard 0ppr 4points for throwing. Keeping OJ at 12th and Christine Michael at 11th.

I think you have to take one of the top 4 backs, but make most of your late-round fliers WRs since you'll surely be weak there. Look at Kenny Britt and Justin Hunter and similar types in the late rounds.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The Extrapolator posted:

Go for the RBs. You'll be able to grab good WRs in later rounds but you won't be able to get an RB who does poo poo past the 3rd round. In 0ppr having a top WR is not nearly as crucial as having a top RB. I know you really want a WR1, but you'll be able to have a solid WR corps by grabbing guys like Keenan Allen, Ashlon Jeffrey, Coradelle Patterson, Jordy Nelson, Reggie Wayne, etc. Some of these guys might be keepers or might go a little earlier, but the point is that there is actually a lot of WR options that you may not be thinking of. You don't need a WR1; you need a guy who scores touch downs or gets a lot of touches in a prolific offense. In general for 0ppr, always, always, always focus on getting the best, most consistent RBs as early as possible. Your WRs contribute a lot less without the reception points.

If I couldn't get one of the top four RBs, however, I would definitely grab Megatron or DT. I'd cool it on Dez just because it's the Cowboys.

You probably know this but it's mainly for the thread scrubs:
The way to think about is that there are fewer RBs who have sole possession of the starting role since many teams are starting to move towards committees. The value of an RB, relative to positional scarcity and number of roster slots, is much higher than a WR. Just do the math: 3-4 WRs can be on the field at any one time while there's only one RB playing (MAYBE 2), regardless of whether that RB is in a committee or not.

e: this is my third year playing in a 0ppr 12 team league and I got 4th and 1st so far going hard on RBs. Just sayin' :smug:

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 18, 2014

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

old dog child posted:

Go for the RBs. You'll be able to grab good WRs in later rounds but you won't be able to get an RB who does poo poo past the 3rd round. In 0ppr having a top WR is not nearly as crucial as having a top RB. I know you really want a WR1, but you'll be able to have a solid WR corps by grabbing guys like Keenan Allen, Ashlon Jeffrey, Coradelle Patterson, Jordy Nelson, Reggie Wayne, etc. Some of these guys might be keepers or might go a little earlier, but the point is that there is actually a lot of WR options that you may not be thinking of. You don't need a WR1; you need a guy who scores touch downs or gets a lot of touches in a prolific offense. In general for 0ppr, always, always, always focus on getting the best, most consistent RBs as early as possible. Your WRs contribute a lot less without the reception points.

If I couldn't get one of the top four RBs, however, I would definitely grab Megatron or DT. I'd cool it on Dez just because it's the Cowboys.

You probably know this but it's mainly for the thread scrubs:
The way to think about is that there are fewer RBs who have sole possession of the starting role since many teams are starting to move towards committees. The value of an RB, relative to positional scarcity and number of roster slots, is much higher than a WR. Just do the math: 3-4 WRs can be on the field at any one time while there's only one RB playing (MAYBE 2), regardless of whether that RB is in a committee or not.

e: this is my third year playing in a 0ppr 12 team league and I got 4th and 1st so far going hard on RBs. Just sayin' :smug:

This dude is correct.

I just mocked a draft where I went RB/RB/RB (Shady, Doug Martin, Andre Ellington) from the #2 spot, and I still ended up with a WR corps of Michael Floyd, Torrey Smith, Reggie Wayne, and Kelvin Benjamin, which I am perrrrrrfectly comfortable rocking. The only place I took a hit was in TE, but there are so many sleepers this year at TE that it's a worthwhile gamble.

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004
Who has move value as a keeper?

Spiller for a 6th or J.Bell for a 9th?

I had Spiller as a first round last year so don't know what to think.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Reggie Died posted:

Joique.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Don't know if this was posted earlier, but I just saw this on the player news section of CBS sports. "LeSean McCoy has 'small version of turf toe."

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Kloaked00 posted:

I am drafting 8th and am positively taking Graham unless Lacy falls to me. That followed by any one of DT/Dez/Green/Marshall. My league is also TE flex.

I like the Texans potential. When you have shutdown corners you can cover weaknesses elsewhere. When you have shutdown DEs and a stud LB, maybe that will mask the secondary woes of the Texans. We will see. The Bengals, at the least, are a safe bet to be a top-ranked defense.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

quote:

LeSean McCoy missed practice on Sunday with what he called 'a small version of turf toe.' The Eagles' running back returned to training camp at the NovaCare Complex on Monday and completed practice.

'[Sunday] it was really, really hurting pretty bad,' McCoy said. 'It felt a little better [Monday], so I went for it.'

McCoy said he injured the big toe on his left foot during a joint practice against the Patriots last week in New England. He told the media he had an MRI and X-rays on the toe and that he’s 'fine.' After practice on Sunday, McCoy appeared frustrated and declined to answer questions about why he didn’t participate.
- CSNPhilly

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

SeannieDarko posted:

Don't know if this was posted earlier, but I just saw this on the player news section of CBS sports. "LeSean McCoy has 'small version of turf toe."

To quote Rotoworld

quote:

LeSean McCoy is practicing through a "small version of turf toe."
Whatever that means. "(Sunday) it was really, really hurting pretty bad," McCoy said Monday. "It felt a little better (Monday), so I went for it." X-rays and an MRI came back negative, so there's no real reason to worry, though it's possible McCoy will sit out this weekend's regular-season dress rehearsal as a precaution. It's something for fantasy owners to be aware of, but not fret over. Aug 18 - 5:46 PM

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
gently caress it draft nobody everybody is dead see you guys in 2015 :rip:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Reggie Died posted:

Bell by far.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

SeannieDarko posted:

Hahah he is so hosed and I do not feel the little bit bad for all the fuckers drafting 1-4.

RG3 is looking frisky.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Suave Fedora posted:

Hahah he is so hosed and I do not feel the little bit bad for all the fuckers drafting 1-4.

RG3 is looking frisky.

So theoretically, who would be the better bet to take a flyer on for a theoretical McCoy abscence? Sproles or Polk?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Haha, just received a trade proposal in my 0ppr: my McCoy for his Vereen and D-Jax. :rolleyes:

e: I think McCoy will be fine.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

RG3 is looking frisky.

Yea that knee looks great :ohdear:

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
Please let everyone panic so I can get McCoy/Manning at 12/13 :smuggo:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
McCoy will be fine, but Polk is your handcuff there.

source: Am from philly over here

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is Sproles not a decent running back anymore?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RCarr posted:

Yeah but he's not a back that runs between the tackles too often. He's also getting up there in age. I'd take him in 1PPR though.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Sproles isn't gonna carry the rock. He catches passes.

Chip Kelly traded for him in the offseason, he is going to get used a ton, think of Djax's touches

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

RCarr posted:

Sproles is PPR gold value but he's probably splitting backup RB reps with Polk. Screens and trick plays are his money makers.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Kloaked00 posted:

So theoretically, who would be the better bet to take a flyer on for a theoretical McCoy abscence? Sproles or Polk?

I was being completely alarmist and reactive, but to answer your question, Polk would receive the majority of carries. Sproles will be playing his Sproles-like role and also receiving out of the slot at times. Sproles in 1ppr, Polk in no-ppr.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.
Yo need someone to double check my keepers. Budget is 300 and ppr. Going to keep Ellington and Julius Thomas for 9 each for sure and then probably harvin for 21? Only other possible options I see are either woodhead for 15 or ladarius green for 9. I think Harvin is probably the best bet.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Harvin seems a little expensive compared to what you are getting for Ellington and Orange Julius. In pre-season, Harvin is a WR3 at best. Highly talented, but could be under-utilized in SEA. Take this with some salt as I am not experienced with auction.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I trust Percy Harvin like I trust Derrick Rose. I trust them for about 20% of the season and I'm just waiting for the inevitable.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress, my draft is on Thursday and ive been on vacation for 2 weeks - is there any bear sheets again this year?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Yeah, go back through the pages until you find his links or search for posts under Beer4TheBeerGod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

drizzle posted:

Yo need someone to double check my keepers. Budget is 300 and ppr. Going to keep Ellington and Julius Thomas for 9 each for sure and then probably harvin for 21? Only other possible options I see are either woodhead for 15 or ladarius green for 9. I think Harvin is probably the best bet.

Ellington & OJT are good choices. In a PPR and given Harvin's propensity to miss games I'd argue Woodhead is the better play, but neither are good values. Depending on how deep your league is, Green for 9 might be someone you pay a bit more for now as a lottery ticket/long term stash who gains you small value now and big value later.

• Locked thread