Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Sivek posted:

I just started playing the skeleton game and it's certainly as low-budget and bare-bones as it appears. Only graphic option is resolution and the camera feels way too zoomed in. Also a bunch of lame jokes but the first thing I come across that I can interact with provides me with this beauty.

:golfclap:
Although that skeleton game does look kind of interesting, I think I'll definitely wait until a sale, where I can pick it up for dirt cheap, due to the fact that it appears that there's not a lot of meat on the bones of this game, at present.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Sivek posted:

I'm not even up to kicking the skeleton of a dead villager.

That is the bush

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Major Isoor posted:

:golfclap:
Although that skeleton game does look kind of interesting, I think I'll definitely wait until a sale, where I can pick it up for dirt cheap, due to the fact that it appears that there's not a lot of meat on the bones of this game, at present.

It is dirt cheap.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

HardDisk posted:

That is the bush

Yep, just noticed that when trying to pick up items. You also move really slow in this game and the point-and-click controls seem kind of wonky so far, just got to the village.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

This game is for me.
Anybody? No? Okay, I'll bite.

what game is this

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Eruonen posted:

It is dirt cheap.

Oh wow, not sure what price I was looking at when I was initially looking at the game!

...I guess that just goes to show that my observation skills are dead and buried (OK I'll stop now. :D But yeah, might be something to grab later on then, and either play or - inevitably - add to my ever-increasing backlog)

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 19, 2014

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Kaubocks posted:

Anybody? No? Okay, I'll bite.

what game is this

Mountain. It's a buck.

Ed: This is the game that confused Ben Kuchera so bad, he wrote an article about how he didn't see the appeal.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Lance Streetman posted:

Mountain. It's a buck.

It's also by David O'Reilly, who is a pretty rad artist/animator with a pretty dark and weird sense of humour.

Probably his biggest, most notable work is The External World. NSFW/brains in points, if memory serves. He also did that glitchy 3D episode of Adventure Time.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Lance Streetman posted:

Mountain. It's a buck.

Ed: This is the game that confused Ben Kuchera so bad, he wrote an article about how he didn't see the appeal.

Clearly it must be history's greatest achievement then.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Lance Streetman posted:

Mountain. It's a buck.

I don't really see how that's an accomplishment.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Here's what I remember about Fable:

I put the disc in and started the game. Four hours later I was the strongest person in the entire world of Fable. I went on to beat the game, but didn't even bother with whatever the expansion content was. I'd had enough Fable.

I played the entirety of Fable in my underwear.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MbaI4nT-5I

for people who really like spinning ships in eve but thought maybe it had too much gameplay

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Awesome! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MbaI4nT-5I

for people who really like spinning ships in eve but thought maybe it had too much gameplay

Sign me right the gently caress up

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Okay, I've played about an hour of KEL Reaper of Entropy and I wouldn't exactly recommend it, even at 3 bucks. It looks and controls like poo poo, and the UI is kind of bothersome to deal with. It's also rather fetch-questy and the writing/humor is poor. That said, I'm going to keep it at for a bit more since I think I've finally got to the point where it seems like I can do dumb stuff to people.

Sivek fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 19, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dominic White posted:

It's also by David O'Reilly, who is a pretty rad artist/animator with a pretty dark and weird sense of humour.

Probably his biggest, most notable work is The External World. NSFW/brains in points, if memory serves. He also did that glitchy 3D episode of Adventure Time.

OH MY GOD IT IS. I'm all about his poo poo!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'm convinced Mountain is both a troll and an earnest indie artgame at the same time. I can't prove it but it is David O'Reilly, who once made a fake youtube account pretending to be a kid posting their mspaint cartoons until the final episode suddenly became CG and DBZ as gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MROXgpRprSY

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

About the Game
~ you are mountain - you are god ~

Ambient procedural mountain game, as seen on The Internet.
FEATURES
- no controls - automatic save
- audio on/off switch
- time moves forward
- things grow and things die
- nature expresses itself

"Welcome to an existential nightmare."
- Patrick Klepek, Giant Bomb

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Is Montague's Mount any good? Just got a random 80% off coupon. Metacritic isn't great but user reviews are all over the place.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Kibayasu posted:

Is Montague's Mount any good? Just got a random 80% off coupon. Metacritic isn't great but user reviews are all over the place.

It's a dumb garbage piece of poo poo game that would make the mother's creator shake her head in shame and say "this isn't wanted for my boy, I wanted him to do something with his life, not this"

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Here's what I remember about Fable:

I put the disc in and started the game. Four hours later I was the strongest person in the entire world of Fable. I went on to beat the game, but didn't even bother with whatever the expansion content was. I'd had enough Fable.

I went through the entirety of fable while blasted out of my mind on post-surgery painkillers. All I remember about the game was that there was a starting village, a golem in some forest, and then a credit roll in some church. I'm either really great at video games or fable was pretty easy. Both probably.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
On the note of fable can you get the whole series on PC? I've not looked into it, but it'd be nice to replay.

Flumpus
Jul 22, 2007

itsjustdrew posted:

On the note of fable can you get the whole series on PC? I've not looked into it, but it'd be nice to replay.

Nope, can't get 2. It's too bad, because I really liked 1, liked 3 more than most people, and would love to play 2, but just never got a 360. Maybe Anniversary will sell well and they'll release it...

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.
A couple weeks ago I was able to do in-home streaming with no problems. I tried again today, and now every game I try gives the "timed out waiting for stream to launch" error, and the two computers randomly disconnect from each other. I can turn off streaming and turn it back on and they reconnect instantly. Both computers are fully updated and online.

Anyone else have problems recently? Anyone else go through this and figure out how to solve it? It's annoying that nothing has changed since the last time I got it to work, except that now it doesn't work.

Nevermind, I fixed it by posting about it. As in, I've been loving with it for 30 minutes, but as soon as I posted, I tried again and it worked. Someone's trying to tell me something....

Watommi fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 19, 2014

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I just idled a poo poo load of cards over the weekend, is there some tool that will put them up on the market for me, or do I have a future of clicking about a billion times?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Finished Deus Ex Human Revolution. It was pretty good and satisfyingly long but the endings were kinda.. uh.. low effort

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Quest For Glory II posted:

Finished Deus Ex Human Revolution. It was pretty good and satisfyingly long but the endings were kinda.. uh.. low effort

Yeah, I think everyone was expecting the ending to have a little more gravity. At least the journey is fun as hell.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Sivek posted:

Okay, I've played about an hour of KEL Reaper of Entropy and I wouldn't exactly recommend it, even at 3 bucks. It looks and controls like poo poo, and the UI is kind of bothersome to deal with. It's also rather fetch-questy and the writing/humor is rather poor. That said, I'm going to keep it at for a bit more since I think I've finally got to the point where it seems like I can do dumb stuff to people.

If you guys want a cute and well done little game that looks kinda like Kel, you should definitely get Driftmoon.

It plays like an arpg-lite whether you're fighting or collecting poo poo or talking to people or collecting and exploring or leveling up skills. The game's well done, not much depth to it, but very fun for at least three or four hours, if not more because I know how you nerds like to play these types of things.

If the video appeals to you in any way even in the slightest you'll have fun with it. It looks cute and it plays better than it looks.

Or you could just be adults and play Expeditions: Conquistador. One of the better games around. A little bit Heroes of Might and Magic, a little bit XCOM-lite, a little bit survival and stats counter. With really great art and really good writing. It's a good rpg.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Aug 19, 2014

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Any consensus on 7 Days to Die? Looks fun, as Mount and Blade was in the early days of development.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

DX1's endings weren't exactly epics either, really.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Brannock posted:

I thought the DXHR endings were surprisingly good given how low effort they seemed (as a game's ending). They were responsive to your overall playstyle in several ways, with the narration changing depending on certain actions you took.

And the endings themselves were nicely different and had the good hokey future writing. But yeah, they were kinda a bad way to end a game.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

Flumpus posted:

Nope, can't get 2. It's too bad, because I really liked 1, liked 3 more than most people, and would love to play 2, but just never got a 360. Maybe Anniversary will sell well and they'll release it...

How disappointing.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Brannock posted:

DX1 you at least had to go to different parts of the complex and set up different things to get a different ending, DX:HR was 3 buttons in a row :effort:

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

IT BURNS posted:

Any consensus on 7 Days to Die? Looks fun, as Mount and Blade was in the early days of development.

there is a goon server but good luck getting anything accomplished. the game is hell at the beginning and you pretty much won't get to build anything/figure out the crafting system with zombies enabled.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It's just that considering it's a prequel to Deus Ex you'd think they'd have had a better hook into the continuity than just the after-credits scene. All the endings are very "well who knows what'll happen!!!" but, we do know what happens because Deus Ex happens. They coulda figured out how to make each ending connect to Deus Ex, just seems like they took a cheap way out and then tacked on a little thing at the last second.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Drifter posted:

If you guys want a cute and well done little game that looks kinda like Kel, you should definitely get Driftmoon.

It's funny you should mention Driftmoon because that's what I was kind of hoping Kel would be like. Driftmoon is a pretty chill, low-tension game that I enjoyed even though I can't think of one aspect it did particularly well. The writing was hammy and way too verbose, the art and combat generally blah, but there was something about it that made it easy to pick-up and play.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I think I lucked out on Deus Ex: HR because I played it and enjoy it a lot but about an hour before the ending I ended up dropping it to play another game. I wasn't tired of HR or anything just something else caught my attention. I later heard the endings are kinda weak and I've had no inclination to go find out myself. Now I have nothing but great memories of the game! :pseudo:

EDIT: except the lovely boss fights that almost made me quit the game I guess

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, just pretend you died in the rocket crash at the endgame and you'll have a way better game.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I feel like I've played a few games now where the endgame felt like the people in the writers room threw up their hands and tossed a table over or something. Deus Ex had a pretty tremendously cheesy climax, but Deus Ex HR's final level almost felt like a different game entirely. Almost all the routes were gone too and you had to run down super linear corridors. I wonder how pacifists were able to finish.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

I feel like I've played a few games now where the endgame felt like the people in the writers room threw up their hands and tossed a table over or something. Deus Ex had a pretty tremendously cheesy climax, but Deus Ex HR's final level almost felt like a different game entirely. Almost all the routes were gone too and you had to run down super linear corridors. I wonder how pacifists were able to finish.

There are enough sneaking options to get through, especially since, at that point, a pacifist run should have you equipped with all the avoidance mods you'll ever need.

If anything, I find it harder to do a psycho run since there are so many corners where survivors are hiding. But typhoon:ing both the Sarif and Taggart entourages after all the lip they've been giving you throughout the game makes up for it. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Those people zombies either didn't attack you or were SUPER easy to avoid.

• Locked thread