Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Barrowman also said he's getting a new kit too. Costumes for EVERYONE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Amell said in a QA on Facebook that his suit gets at least an "upgrade" in season 3.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ville Valo posted:

Amell said in a QA on Facebook that his suit gets at least an "upgrade" in season 3.

The Arrow, now with new HAT!

Eddain
May 6, 2007
No no, it's a special chin guard that looks like a beard. It works both as a disguise and protection!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Speaking of teasers and references, they're doing an episode centered around Felicity's days at MIT. And that episode is titled "Oracle."

Gotta admire the writers and how they'll throw references around whenever they can.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Burning_Monk posted:

Barrowman also said he's getting a new kit too. Costumes for EVERYONE!

Barrowsuit.

englerp
Oct 13, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Speaking of teasers and references, they're doing an episode centered around Felicity's days at MIT. And that episode is titled "Oracle."

Gotta admire the writers and how they'll throw references around whenever they can.

They changed the title apparently:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/18/arrow-felicity-backstory-season-3/?hootPostID=d1941596bf35159ecdd87d5bbd1e2bfb

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Scyantific posted:

She might just be going to school to be a Java programmer.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Felicity's dad is totally Robert Queen.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Barrowsuit! :argh:

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Some Numbers posted:

Felicity's dad is totally Robert Queen.

Ollie will recall a fight he overheard between his parents during his youth. "Don't lie to me, Robert! I know exactly where you were; I can smell Smoak all over you!"

Finally, he will put the pieces together.

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
Don't make the felicity/Oliver shippers mad, they be crazy. My girlfriends one, she scares me with her intensity about t.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm constantly baffled as to why people care so much. It's great to be a fan and enjoy a show, but why get so bent out of shape if two fictional characters don't get together? Why is that such a big deal?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Some Numbers posted:

I'm constantly baffled as to why people care so much. It's great to be a fan and enjoy a show, but why get so bent out of shape if two fictional characters don't get together? Why is that such a big deal?

Some people are crazy.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Felicity being Oliver's long lost half-sister is exactly what this show needs. Also because it would be hilarious to watch the Tumblr crowd have a meltdown of catastrophic proportions.

Flash news: Apparently the Flashpoint storyline could be a thing in the TV series.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Scyantific posted:

it would be hilarious to watch the Tumblr crowd have a meltdown of catastrophic proportions.
This is why I want it to happen

quote:

Flash news: Apparently the Flashpoint storyline could be a thing in the TV series.
That could be pretty cool. I think it would have to be a while.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Some Numbers posted:

The Avengers is often compared to as the director playing with dolls. Shipping is similar.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Scyantific posted:

Barry changes something in the past and then returns to find everyone is evil and Barrowman is the good archer.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

computer parts posted:

The Avengers is often compared to as the director playing with dolls. Shipping is similar.

And that's fine, but why do the shippers get so angry when the showrunners/author/whoever don't follow their headcanon?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Some Numbers posted:

And that's fine, but why do the shippers get so angry when the showrunners/author/whoever don't follow their headcanon?

Or Supernatural/Glee/Sherlock levels of crazy where you get mad that the actual actors aren't doing each other.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

Or Supernatural/Glee/Sherlock levels of crazy where you get mad that the actual actors aren't doing each other.

Supernatural fans are, as far as I know, the actual worst, since a number of them are convinced that the actors are actually hot for each other and their wives are smokescreens.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Barry changes something in the past and then returns to find everyone is evil and Barrowman is the good archer.

Barry takes Barrowman into the past and leaves him there, as a result everyone is the Son/Daughter of Barrowman including Barrowman.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Some Numbers posted:

To be fair, it is partly because the show producers encourage them. By dangling the Oliver/Felicity romance in front of the shipper fans, and telling them how much these two characters love each other, while not doing anything about it for *reasons*, they get to keep the interest in the show at its peak.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Warmachine posted:

The ALS ice-bucket thing has been making its way through the Arrow cast. Colton Haynes and Emily Bett Rickards got called out to do it by John Barrowman, and this is their apology for not having the time to do it: http://youtu.be/I9CuHdvXPFE

BARROWMAN! :argh:

Grant Gustin just posted his ALS ice-bucket video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtDHx3q-w_M

Poor guy :haw:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Oasx posted:

To be fair, it is partly because the show producers encourage them. By dangling the Oliver/Felicity romance in front of the shipper fans, and telling them how much these two characters love each other, while not doing anything about it for *reasons*, they get to keep the interest in the show at its peak.

They also do stuff like Felicity basically throwing her feelings at Ollie and he just smiles kindly and says nothing then changes the subject which is the equivalent of driving a partially molten railroad spike through her heart.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Scyantific posted:

Felicity being Oliver's long lost half-sister is exactly what this show needs. Also because it would be hilarious to watch the Tumblr crowd have a meltdown of catastrophic proportions.

Hey, they did it once before. That Thea sure was interested in Tommy Merlyn once upon a time.

Though, as insane Supernatural fans demonstrate, two characters being siblings does absolutely goddamn nothing to discourage crazy people from eroticizing them. If you think brother/sister Ollie/Felicity fanfic doesn't already exist, you've underestimated the internet.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Edit: Quote != Edit. Sorry.

The speed with which this show burns through plot, I so wish they'd burn through that one. Have them bang and move on. It'll be easier for everyone.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Scyantific posted:

To your first point: you severely overestimate the tumblr crowd. If anything adding incest to the mix would make them think the pairing is even more exotic and alluring than before.

To your second point: Cool news but also expected considering what Barry said about his mother dying during his first appearance on Arrow.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Warmachine posted:

The ALS ice-bucket thing has been making its way through the Arrow cast. Colton Haynes and Emily Bett Rickards got called out to do it by John Barrowman, and this is their apology for not having the time to do it: http://youtu.be/I9CuHdvXPFE

BARROWMAN! :argh:

Sorry, but I still can't get over his laugh at the end. loving lol.

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy

Xealot posted:

Hey, they did it once before. That Thea sure was interested in Tommy Merlyn once upon a time.

Though, as insane Supernatural fans demonstrate, two characters being siblings does absolutely goddamn nothing to discourage crazy people from eroticizing them. If you think brother/sister Ollie/Felicity fanfic doesn't already exist, you've underestimated the internet.

Yeah.. Rule 34 supernatural is pretty bad.. Don't google it, save yourself

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Winchester and incest spells wincest

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Some Numbers posted:

Supernatural fans are, as far as I know, the actual worst, since a number of them are convinced that the actors are actually hot for each other and their wives are smokescreens.

Stephen Amell, therefore, has a smoakscreen.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

rejutka posted:

Stephen Amell, therefore, has a smoakscreen.

Go to the corner and think about what you did.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Matt Ward is Komodo

:siren:Possible spoilers:siren:

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Aug 20, 2014

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

Because for some people, it's how they interact with a show/movie/etc. They see stuff they like, they zero in on it,
at the exclusion of almost everything else and they want it to validate them or do the stuff they would like it to.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

That article goes beyond casting news to be more than a little spoilery if you ask me. You should warn people.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The Lord Bude posted:

That article goes beyond casting news to be more than a little spoilery if you ask me. You should warn people.

It does? It only explains who is Komodo and gives a very superficial overview about his role, I've already put the warning but I'm honestly confused :confused:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

It does? It only explains who is Komodo and gives a very superficial overview about his role, I've already put the warning but I'm honestly confused :confused:

There's a difference, in my opinion, between 'we're casting xyz this season', and 'we're casting xyz this season, and he's going to appear in episode y; and oh; he's going to tie into the main ongoing plotline .

I don't mind knowing personally, but I know others will, especially given that some people refuse to watch the promo for the next episode at the end of each episode.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Bwah ha ha! I first read that as "Mark Waid."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
The site has trouble loading, but here we have another Flash villain confirmed. Girder, the man with skin made of metal.

• Locked thread