Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item

Coleman posted:

Dude, if you don't want a whole team of blind leading the blind. I'll queue up with you, kill myself at the start of every round, and guide you through each round.

I think it would be amazing to have 5 people play totally blind. I just don't think that will happen though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Coleman posted:

This was uploaded by KQLY from the tourney this weekend.

http://youtu.be/zyXjv-L54fI

lmfao

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Ephedra posted:

I think it would be amazing to have 5 people play totally blind. I just don't think that will happen though.
I'd be down to do it either way, either also blind, or suicide and navigate.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I just restarted this game after years and I have no rank, and the game will not find a competitive match alone or with a buddy what is the deal?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

satanic splash-back posted:

I just restarted this game after years and I have no rank, and the game will not find a competitive match alone or with a buddy what is the deal?

How much time are you giving it?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

VelociBacon posted:

How much time are you giving it?

I have tried for 30 minutes of "cannot find a game"

Coleman
May 5, 2011

You don't have no rank. After a certain period of inactivity, it hides your rank. It's still there though.

What was your rank previously? Assuming you were some kind of normal rank, nova to DMG, and you were searching for a normal map, a queue that long means either MM is down, there's an update for the game, or something else has gone wrong.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Coleman posted:

You don't have no rank. After a certain period of inactivity, it hides your rank. It's still there though.

What was your rank previously? Assuming you were some kind of normal rank, nova to DMG, and you were searching for a normal map, a queue that long means either MM is down, there's an update for the game, or something else has gone wrong.

So instead of answering my question you rambled about nothing, thanks.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

So instead of answering my question you rambled about nothing, thanks.
Oh okay, but I only didn't answer it if you didn't read it.

If it's not finding a game for you after a long period of trying to find one, there are several potential issues.

1: you are a very high or very low rank and it's having trouble finding appropriate opponents.
2: you are queuing for poo poo maps and it's having trouble finding opponents.
3: if neither of the above, matchmaking servers may be having an issue, or there is a patch that you need to update.

Thanks for reading.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Coleman posted:

Oh okay, but I only didn't answer it if you didn't read it.

If it's not finding a game for you after a long period of trying to find one, there are several potential issues.

1: you are a very high or very low rank and it's having trouble finding appropriate opponents.
2: you are queuing for poo poo maps and it's having trouble finding opponents.
3: if neither of the above, matchmaking servers may be having an issue, or there is a patch that you need to update.

Thanks for reading.

I said I was low rank in the first sentence, I have every possible map selected because I have a basic understanding of how queues work. If there is a problem with the servers, just say so. If you do not know, why are you even responding?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Game appears to register servers as having 400-700 ping, then only 20-45 ping in game for some reason, I think that might be part of it.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

I said I was low rank in the first sentence, I have every possible map selected because I have a basic understanding of how queues work. If there is a problem with the servers, just say so. If you do not know, why are you even responding?

no rank !=low rank

Coleman
May 5, 2011

You said you were no rank, and as I said in my first sentence, you don't have no rank, you have an invisible rank. The game hides your rank after some time of inactivity. Your rank is still (approximately as far as we know) the same as when you left, it's just hidden.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

Game appears to register servers as having 400-700 ping, then only 20-45 ping in game for some reason, I think that might be part of it.
And if this is the case, try upping your max ping (in the options, I think it's in Game Options) to a much higher number. See if you're able to find a game like that, if you are, that's probably your problem. If not, then it's something else at play.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

change your maximum allowed ping in your game options

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

harrygomm posted:

no rank !=low rank

Unless you are stupid, and can not understand, I have not played in years and do no have any idea of what rank I have. Starting to think this game rots your brain or something.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

The Flying Fish posted:

change your maximum allowed ping in your game options

I have done this and it works, although it is not ideal, thank you.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Unless you are stupid, and can not understand, I have not played in years and do no have any idea of what rank I have. Starting to think this game rots your brain or something.

you're an idiot hth

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

fyi getting a high ping when searching for servers is probably a local network issue so check your routers and modem

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

People cannot understand because you keep saying "this game" which implies you played CS:GO over a year ago. From there they assumed that you had a rank in CS:GO at some point because as has been explained, if you take a long enough break from CS:GO it hides your old rank from you again.

Based on your snarky responses I'm going to guess that it is you who is in fact stupid and does not understand that saying "I have not played any Counter-Strike game in years" is not the same thing as saying "I have not played this game in years." "This game" generally refers to the game in this thread's title (CS:GO).

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

astr0man posted:

People cannot understand because you keep saying "this game" which implies you played CS:GO over a year ago. From their they assumed that you had a rank in CS:GO at some point because as has been explained, if you take a long enough break from CS:GO it hides your old rank from you again.

Based on your snarky responses I'm going to guess that it is you who is in fact stupid and does not understand that saying "I have not played any Counter-Strike game in years" is not the same thing as saying "I have not played this game in years." "This game" generally refers to the game in this thread's title (CS:GO).

I have not playing Counter Strike GO since the month it was released, when I bought it, and stopped playing it.

Why is that so loving difficult to understand?

I can't seem to figure out any way to fix this weird high ping in server browser/low ping in game issue though, guess its some strange network issue.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Ok so your router is probably hosed up.

But cole's point was that one possible issue for long queue times could have been that you have a very high or low rank, because you do in fact have some rank even though the game isn't showing it to you at the moment.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I have not playing Counter Strike GO since the month it was released, when I bought it, and stopped playing it.

I can't seem to figure out any way to fix this weird high ping in server browser/low ping in game issue though, guess its some strange network issue.

You've got a local rear end in a top hat network issue.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3579076&pagenumber=11126&perpage=40#post433721907

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Its true, I said I didn't know my rank in a video game I haven't played for years.

Directly forwarding specific ports fixed my issues.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Its true, I said I didn't know my rank in a video game I haven't played for years.

Directly forwarding specific ports fixed my issues.

whats your rank though?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i havent played starcraft 2 in like 2 years but i can still tell you i was a low rank shitter

App13
Dec 31, 2011

I'm actually amazed at how much of a dick you are being. What makes it worse is that it's for absolutely no reason... I really hope this is some terrible Internet persona and you don't act like this is real life.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

lmao kid has 80 pages of posts in the nitecrew thread

Orv
May 4, 2011
This is actually the first time s/he's ever posted in Games like a human being, so progress?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
satanic splash-back, you seem like a cool person irl

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item
http://youtu.be/sCC_PxRWVI4

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5hMN_XkPQA

Ephedra
Jan 5, 2010

Fight

->Jump<-

Item
http://youtu.be/5hfYJsQAhl0

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

ladies and gents, I give you the new Mr. Pink!

Coleman
May 5, 2011

Turk February posted:

Whoa, dude, this guys a bit slow and a bit of a douchebag, but there's no reason to cross this line.

Apologize to him.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Turk February posted:

He's more of a cornettheory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIQoai9sqpQ

Khorne
May 1, 2002
What are some good demos/videos to watch on various smokes/flashes/nades? Is there anywhere that lists timing for hearing footsteps or various poo poo on certain maps? Even an image or two showing range would be nice. Like in CS1.6 I knew the footstep sound range and at exactly what round time you had to start walking while going to certain sites, but in this game it feels like you can't hear poo poo half of the time so I run more than I should probably. Actually, what is the best way to find top player demos seeing gotfrag doesn't exist now.

How do you avoid having grenades hit things? It seems like whenever I throw grenades through an opening it collides with it. Is there any specific behavior, like you throw from the "left" or "right" so you have to be careful throwing it? Sometimes it hits things even though the gap is larger than my crosshair (I use size 5 at the moment in a 4:3 res). Other times they just rip right through even though half of my crosshair is over an edge. I know with time this will become more intuitive, but I'm trying to get ahead here.

Why do they have train on the second page? I didn't even know there was a second page of maps until today.

Also, please use the CZ today anyone in the thread who hasn't used it yet. The gun is a total joke and you will frag like heck with it. I used it for the first time today and it was like using a usp or deagle in 1.6. Actually effective, except it's way more effective than either of those were unlike all the other lovely pistols. Hell, I'd say it's on par with the galil/p90 in terms of fragging power. And it beats them at close range, although it has some drawbacks but who cares when it's a $300 pistol.

Cute n Popular
Oct 12, 2012
Hitboxes with grenades are a bit wonky and will bounce off random parts of the railing and go through others. Adren, PureBlue and Ash Blat have some good useful nade videos. Just watching through the ESL matches, you learn a lot of practical defensive flashes and how you should be managing your nades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

is this a tim and eric video?

• Locked thread