Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
That's a good little wrestling match, there. After you watch it, listen to this!

With HulkaMatt off in the void, oatgan and sunsweet were kind enough to join me and MRT on the show!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

What will BIG DAVE rate this match?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Ziggler would sell the Rainmaker with a full 360 back onto his feet and superkick Okada before collapsing.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Thauros posted:

I'd love to know who those guys in WWE are. Cesaro maybe? He's not being used well and has the skills to do well there.

Who was the last guy to work for WWE and Japan at the same time? Vader? That might have been WCW.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whuh

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Probably Hogan in '93.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Today, in what's certain to be a :smith: installment of the Steve Austin Show, we have Kamala.

http://podcastone.com/Steve-Austin-Show-Clean

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Austin lost ANOTHER 3 hour interview when he hosed up using the record button.

This one was with Dave Meltzer :shepicide:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

STEVEN LIONEL AUSTIN! The man was there with you in person!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'm disappointed Bryan's music didn't start with HOW'S IT GOING EVERYBODY? as an opening sting.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Thauros posted:

I'm disappointed Bryan's music didn't start with HOW'S IT GOING EVERYBODY? as an opening sting.

He should have used UNDER TAKER'S DONG as his entrance.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Should've cut to "Chris Benoit killed his family" after 5 seconds.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jerusalem posted:

jesus loving christ Austin it's not that hard

please don't stunner me

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Who was the last guy to work for WWE and Japan at the same time? Vader? That might have been WCW.

This was asked I think on a Sin Limite a few weeks back, apparently Undertaker, Austin and Shamrock all worked some All Japan shows during the Monday Night Wars, so around 1996-97 or so.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Didn't the New Blackjacks also do that?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Perigryn posted:

Didn't the New Blackjacks also do that?

Yeah, they did one of the tag tournament things in AJPW and jobbed every time, leading to an INFURIATED Vince Russo. How dare they beat our guys every night in Japan, a place where maybe 0.2% of the audience know what was going on.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Reasons to listen to the latest Talkin Shop with AJ Styles:

- AJ ranting about Obama for real
- Everyone ribbing AJ by doing their ridiculous redneck voice that, following this show, you will not be able to stop doing yourself ("get off muh pupperty!")
- A nice aside about stealing belts from promoters that reveals one of the many incomprehensible ways in which TNA is lovely
- AJ vs Antonio Inoki in 1960 in the pre-construction Tokyo Dome

and I'm only like 3/4 of the way through

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Ranting about Obama for good reasons or, well, AJ reasons?

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

"HE GIVES ALL THAT MONEY TO PEOPLE THAT DON'T WANNA WORK" reasons.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

"Only thing he done is catch Osama" stuff. Gallows and Machine Gun made that part listenable.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the libertarianism is strong in this one.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

coconono posted:

the libertarianism is strong in this one.

Styles, Kane, and Goldust should start hanging out in the molten core of the earth.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sunsweet posted:

Styles, Kane, and Goldust should start hanging out in the molten core of the earth.

They can go chill out with Spanky on the sun.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bhester posted:

"Only thing he done is catch Osama" stuff. Gallows and Machine Gun made that part listenable.

I think he was about to launch into some #askquestions stuff about how conveeeeeeenient it was that Obama caught him when no one else could before, but Gallows and Anderson headed that off pretty quick. I think AJ has officially spent too much time with Austin Aries.

I love that podcast so much though, even if it'd be better if it were just Gallows and Anderson with the occasional guest since Rocky doesn't add much at all.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
AJ just needs to only talk about wrestling, ever.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I can't get that upset that AJ Styles has opinions that are diametrically opposed to mine.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
As a Georgia resident, that's just what they teach in the schools here.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
So Daniel Bryan was being interviewed by Dave Meltzer and all Bryan wanted to talk about was New Japan and the G1. Meanwhile WWE PR is desperately trying to get Bryan away from Meltzer. That's hilarious.

Daniel Bryan thinks Shinsuke Nakamura is the best wrestler in the world.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

He's not wrong. I do love that WWE workers are just so into New Japan.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
If WWE did a network special that was a collaborative effort with New Japan I would commit for 2 years.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

So Daniel Bryan was being interviewed by Dave Meltzer and all Bryan wanted to talk about was New Japan and the G1. Meanwhile WWE PR is desperately trying to get Bryan away from Meltzer. That's hilarious.

Shinsuke is REALLY loving good, and is maybe one of the few guys I've seen in NJPW who could possibly get over as a strong midcarder in WWE without learning english. Dude has crazy charisma without having to say a drat word, and he works in multiple roles well.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Daniel Bryan posted:

Where is the Bryan interview? Only saw the Hogan one. Love that a top level guy in WWE is willing to talk about how great NJPW is, although that's probably one of the reasons why they'll always prefer Roman Reigns.

Shinsuke's the guy who I'd most love to see Bryan face on an impossible WWE/NJPW supershow as I think their styles would mesh great together. Shibata would be the other one but a match with him sounds like a terrible thing to inflict on a guy with recent neck and concussion problems.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 19, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The interview hasn't been published, or at least not yet, but Dave talked about it in last night's Observer Radio.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Ah, ok. I started listening to it right after it was posted and fell asleep midway through. Hope we get to see it.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I really wish Dave would put that clock on their website counting the days until "WWE Realizes Dean Ambrose Should Be The Guy".

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

sunsweet posted:

He's not wrong. I do love that WWE workers are just so into New Japan.

I wonder if YTR could start selling Network subscriptions.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

PaybackJack posted:

I really wish Dave would put that clock on their website counting the days until "WWE Realizes Dean Ambrose Should Be The Guy".

Why would he put a clock that never moves on his site?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I now want to desperately watch this Danielson/MiSu match from some house show (NOAH's I guess?) that Bryan said was the best match of his career no one saw.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Thauros posted:

I now want to desperately watch this Danielson/MiSu match from some house show (NOAH's I guess?) that Bryan said was the best match of his career no one saw.

http://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=24191

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Daniel Bryan posted:

The part that made me laugh was that Meltzer said that the WWE PR guy was actually tapping him on the shoulder trying to get him to go away. I can only imagine some poor WWE intern coughing and tapping Dave on the shoulder, sure he's about to get fired.

• Locked thread