Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

MisterBibs posted:

Didn't Occupy show what civilized society thinks of gently caress You Dad protests?

lol, nice euphemism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

And that's the problem. Who respects "gently caress The Police" people? Didn't Occupy show what civilized society thinks of gently caress You Dad protests?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

And that's the problem. Who respects "gently caress The Police" people? Didn't Occupy show what civilized society thinks of gently caress You Dad protests?

No part of America is a civilized society.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

slogula posted:

I go away for 8 hours and 2100 posts. What the holy gently caress happened??? AJE reports "police accelerated their own crowd control efforts." I'm assuming this is euphemism?

They reescalated the situation multiple times (firing LRAD at a dispersing crowd, taunting a dispersing crowd, corralled protestors in an area while repeatedly screaming at them to disperse) while the protest leaders repeatedly attempted to calm protestors and point out trouble makers. It appeared they were actively looking for a fight.

Now they're hunting people and firing teargas directly at anyone outside. They've shot at and arrested media.

Also they were breaking into houses.

:v:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

MisterBibs posted:

gently caress the police is my jam.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Arkane posted:

The junior Senator from Kentucky, whom you guys all hate because he has the wrong letter behind his name. And while you may say you agree with him here, it's a 100% certainty that you guys will get yourselves into a fever pitch about how much worse he will be than Hillary. Most easily predictable thing ever.

Holy poo poo you are naive. You got some book smarts and then you say the most adorable poo poo.

You should know by now that anyone who would actually fix this poo poo would get nowhere because of embedded power structures, but there you go again.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Magres posted:

You're a dumb piece of poo poo.

Magres posted:

Rand Paul would be happy to see the police continue to quietly execute black men on the streets

Man people are just legit furious that Rand Paul had the strongest statement on these events. Sorry that your political idols are cool with the status quo and/or too concerned with their own political capital that they're too cowardly to speak out.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

slogula posted:

I go away for 8 hours and 2100 posts. What the holy gently caress happened??? AJE reports "police accelerated their own crowd control efforts." I'm assuming this is euphemism?

Cops dispensed with the First Amendment Zone today since there was no curfew. Gassing anything that moves. Buncha reporters getting arrested. Apparently AI people got arrested too
e: Seems I was wrong on that first part. They just moved all the reporters to the zone super early (and maybe without even a token excuse?).

Moatman fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Aug 19, 2014

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx

slogula posted:

Demonstrations began, things seemed to be tapering off as police dispersed the crowds but quickly things escalated and the police began using tear gas and other crowd control methods as they do. Shots were fired from what appear to be more radical elements of the demonstrations, perhaps from outside the community.

Media are now evacuated from the streets and restricted to their designated zone, and reportedly the police are retaliating against the people of Ferguson by hunting down individuals indiscriminately and assaulting them with tear gas and rubber bullets. The entire night has been very confused and very grim.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

I checked and Tim is not in the videos sorry.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Does anyone have video of the fox reporter getting arrested? I was at work all day and am trying to catch up.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

I don't think that the police against Furgeson would even carry their guns with them, probably just show up in normal uniform (Not full urban camouflage and riot gear)

I was talking about that with an american friend of mine while watching the streams and he didn't even bat an eyelash, said it was standard issue. It hurts my brain.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Arkane posted:

Man people are just legit furious that Rand Paul had the strongest statement on these events. Sorry that your political idols are cool with the status quo and/or too concerned with their own political capital that they're too cowardly to speak out.

keep going brother you'll teach d&d

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Arkane posted:

Bernie Sanders 2016

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

chitoryu12 posted:

No loving shock anyone shot at the cops. They're practically an invading army.

What does the NRA think? What does the Tea Party think? I mean this is literally why they insist the Second Amendment exists.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Rand Paul would definitely never have let this happen on his watch.

Black men are safe in his state.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

420DD Butts posted:

Broken clock, twice a day, etc.

Right, that must be it. Whatever mental somersaults you need to do to rationalize your dislike.

Lessail posted:

keep going brother you'll teach d&d

I'm not naive enough to think that, don't worry.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Miltank posted:

Bernie Sanders 2016

at least the folks who support Bernie don't think he has any sort of chance at doing anything

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Fat Lou posted:

Does anyone have video of the fox reporter getting arrested? I was at work all day and am trying to catch up.

He went live for a couple seconds later and it looks like they let him go, he didn't explain the situation though.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Rand Paul totally doesn't just say whatever he thinks will get him the most political points from day to day.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Zeitgueist posted:

at least the folks who support Bernie don't think he has any sort of chance at doing anything

obviously not, but drat it would be fun.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Arkane posted:

Right, that must be it. Whatever mental somersaults you need to do to rationalize your dislike.

You're right, because Rand Paul occasionally gets things right he must be the Great White Hope for minorities everywhere! Good thing you caught me.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

MisterBibs posted:

And that's the problem. Who respects "gently caress The Police" people?

all people of color

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

My Q-Face posted:

What does the NRA think? What does the Tea Party think? I mean this is literally why they insist the Second Amendment exists.
This is borderline a situation that Tea Party members masturbate over, it's an invading force attacking citizens. But they're white cops so it's ok :downs:

Luckily most of the protesters have been extremely nonviolent, we don't need more LA Riots, it didn't change anything last time.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fat Lou posted:

All we got was the audio with the camera aimed at the dashboard/windshield of their van. They were following a police car, came to a stop sign behind a line of troopers, the police car stopped and 3 officers got out and walked towards the van yelling at the dudes to get out. They said something along the lines of "you were told to leave multiple times, turn around and put your hands behind your back, you are under arrest" a couple seconds later the cam stopped, and fox cut over to another reporter who obviously didn't know he was on camera. His cameraman caught it and zoomed past him to a group of national guardsmen. A couple seconds later you can hear the reporter say "this is loving bullshit", his cameran says "we're live", so he says louder "this is loving bullshit"

since then nothing has happend

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

SectumSempra posted:

I don't even think there is anything to say here.

Honestly.

Its not crips and bloods, its three crips but whatever floats yalls boat

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Pomp posted:

Rand Paul totally doesn't just say whatever he thinks will get him the most political points from day to day.

No he is genuine just like the last moderate Republican that went nowhere Arkane supported!

Nevermind that Paul will just about blow off a dog for a donation.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUAQh1ZIHmM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8wntVgM77Y

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Arkane posted:

:ironicat:
Rand Paul 2016 for being right about one thing!

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Arkane posted:

lol if you don't think Rand loving Paul wouldn't fall right in line once he got a genuine whiff of actual power

I mean, I'm with you on other pols, but come on.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
black people can tell right away whether you love police or not and will never accept you as a homie if you do.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Has the police media briefing happened yet? Will it ever happen?

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
guys i know that every other ruler who's been in power in history has actively worked to enable the continued abuse of the people they rule over but i have a really good feeling about this potential future presidential candidate

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Widestancer posted:

Rand Paul would definitely never have let this happen on his watch.

Black men are safe in his state.

His legislative attempts to lessen the war of drugs would certainly create a climate where Ferguson is at least less likely to happen.

Bernie Sanders and Rand Paul are actually a lot alike, except for their opinion on the size of government and what government's role in our life should be.

Ernie Muppari posted:

guys i know that every other ruler who's been in power in history has actively worked to enable the continued abuse of the people they rule over but i have a really good feeling about this potential future presidential candidate

Except this isn't the case at all...there have been a ton of great Presidents. Don't lose hope in finding another one because the current one turned out to be a (predictable) dud.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Jesus gently caress dude, glad you are ok.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Miltank posted:

black people can tell right away whether you love police or not and will never accept you as a homie if you do.

This is true. It's why black people distrust whitey, because of his genetic predisposition to love the popo.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Arkane posted:

Hell hath no fury like Greenwald

The junior Senator from Kentucky, whom you guys all hate because he has the wrong letter behind his name. And while you may say you agree with him here, it's a 100% certainty that you guys will get yourselves into a fever pitch about how much worse he will be than Hillary. Most easily predictable thing ever.

You know that because we disagree with him most of the time doesn't mean we can't agree with him occasionally. Plus words vs. deeds matter more when he's running for office. His father was staunchly against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, that doesn't make him an ideal candidate.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Also on what planet is Rand Paul the politician with the most clearheaded or forceful analysis of events in Ferguson? I mean just to immediately glance at anything at all, the PSL is putting out great pieces daily - not bad for a bunch of parliamentary tankies. http://www.liberationnews.org/eyewitness-ferguson-most-brutal-attack-yet-on-protesters/

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Arkane posted:

His legislative attempts to lessen the war of drugs would certainly create a climate where Ferguson is at least less likely to happen.

You're adorable.

Awesome vids Neo Duckberg, glad you made it out safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slogula
Oct 2, 2013

Arrgytehpirate posted:

not a euphemism. cops decided to start getting aggressive

I'm trying to get caught up. It's looking like the cops abandoned restraint, correct? "No curfew" means curfew all the time?

"@minossec" posted:

OH poo poo THEY ARE SHOOTING REAL BULLETS AT PEOPLE!!!

Was this corroborated? Did anyone die?

• Locked thread