Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Splode posted:

She tried to join the liberals! So yes, she is as bad as any member of the liberal party.

Failing to join the liberal party should be a badge of pride.

That's like being kicked out of the KKK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
If you haven't applied to join the KKK, you ain't poo poo - hooman

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

hooman posted:

I should clarify here, that I'm not a Lambie fan, yes, she is pretty terrible.

She isn't Sarah Palin terrible though.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

Splode posted:

She tried to join the liberals! So yes, she is as bad as any member of the liberal party.

She also tried to join the ALP, so I don't think ideology played a big role in either decision

Nuclear Spy
Jun 10, 2008

feeling under?

Quantum Mechanic posted:

Long story short, it allows rich people to dodge a shitload of tax on their income by throwing it into the property market and claiming losses.
Negative gearing by property investors reduced personal income tax revenue in Australia by $600 million in the 2001-02 tax year, $3.9 billion in 2004-05 and $13.2 billion in 2010-11.
Wow, those numbers seem quite unsustainable, I'd like to see the growth in numbers compared to welfare expenditure shown in this table (source):

And then growth as a share of GDP (source):

Nautilus42
Jan 14, 2008
Unrelated sea creature

Quantum Mechanic posted:

This is one of the problems I have with the Greens :( Lots of opposition to increased density. Some of it is fair, since the density is coming without increases in services like water or public transport, but some of it is just straight up NIMBYism. The opposition to high-rise development in Newcastle is a good example.

We've got a bit of a dilemma in Melbourne at the moment due to the councils increasing density across the board and our city's lack of infrastructure to meet the 2050 population projection. While I would generally be okay with higher density, there has been no consultation with residents nor any improvements to services to sustain the increase.

My electorate is being hit the hardest because we've got a real mob running the city council. It's at least making my campaign interesting.

Check out mayor Paul Paulich if you want to see some real intrigue. Guy's mother is an upper house lib who bullies and muscles out anyone who stands in her way.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Captain Pissweak posted:

Private industry produces the most efficient murderers.
Well those slacker :jerkbag: from DIBP weren't getting it done.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin
I'm listening to a Council debate on our local pound and gods help me I'm actually impressed with the Liberals

I feel dirty

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Quantum Mechanic posted:

I'm listening to a Council debate on our local pound and gods help me I'm actually impressed with the Liberals

I feel dirty

Turn in your avatar.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

Gough Suppressant posted:

Turn in your avatar.

They're arguing for keeping a public service in Council hands and increasing funding for it instead of farming it out somewhere else, it's a bizarre parallel universe

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Aren't Council Liberals usually Third way? Usually because they're such small fish no one really cares whether or not they tow the party line. I know here in Brisbane, besides our Lord Mayor's Campbell Newman dicksucking, the City Council is generally Okay.

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

Quantum Mechanic posted:

I feel dirty

recite Combat Liberalism and 30 internationales, then sternly self-criticise, my child :pray:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

Give me hacks on how to redial a private number.

Nevermind, I found a office number, asked for *insert name of person who interviewed me here*

Got blocked by a secretary. Said she was unavailable today, tomorrow and the next day. Sounds like I lost again.

I'm going to pm you my work number tommorrow and I want you to call me pretending youre cold calling for a job.

I want to make sure you're not doing something really really wrong. No one is this unlucky.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

SynthOrange posted:

Clive where the gently caress is my Titanic 2.

Those 'Chinese mongrels' haven't started building it yet, according to Clive anyway.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/19/explosives-similar-to-those-used-in-london-bombings-found-at-brisbane-home

So, these stories have been helpfully reminding us that some of the chemicals found were used in the London Bombing.

I'd like to helpfully put a pencil up some journalists arses for not pointing out that the explosives for 7/7 were made from hydrogen peroxide and pepper.

Fast and loose with the truth, as always.

Stay classy, noted enemies of the people (police and journalists).

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Hey, I'm not unlucky, I've had jobs before. It's regaining employment that is the hard part. It's just a giant waiting game which is waiting for the employer who hates you the least. Given youth unemployment in Queensland is very high, my chances of getting a job slim down a little because there is always going to be someone out there with more resume experience than me. I will have my day, maybe.

EDIT: Are they implying those in custody from the explosive materials and maps are Muslim without actually caring whether or not they are?

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Anidav posted:

EDIT: Are they implying those in custody from the explosive materials and maps are Muslim without actually caring whether or not they are?

They're not saying they aren't (They're not. Daniel Fing is from Moslem-free area Lake Macquarie and has a previous conviction for a car bombing against his ex-girlfriend's new partner) which might as well be saying they are, in this climate.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

Hey, I'm not unlucky, I've had jobs before. It's regaining employment that is the hard part. It's just a giant waiting game which is waiting for the employer who hates you the least. Given youth unemployment in Queensland is very high, my chances of getting a job slim down a little because there is always going to be someone out there with more resume experience than me. I will have my day, maybe.

Well, as I've said to many other a Queenslander, leave. We need to smuggle you all out of there.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

They're not saying they aren't (They're not. Daniel Fing is from Moslem-free area Lake Macquarie and has a previous conviction for a car bombing against his ex-girlfriend's new partner) which might as well be saying they are, in this climate.

I've noticed that EVERY article I've read on this doesn't mention poo poo about the suspects or anything just that "The same bomb as the London bombings" which heavily implies it's related.

*cue Courier Mail front page*

"IT CAME TO OUR SHORES"
"GOOD COPS STOP ISLAMIC THREAT"
"How the left failed our culture - Andrew Bolt"

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

epipen posted:

recite Combat Liberalism and 30 internationales, then sternly self-criticise, my child :pray:

Isn't this just everyone's regular morning routine? :confused:

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

hooman posted:

It's not that she failed to join, she quit after failing at preselection. Then tried the same trick with Labor. Then was successful with Palmer. She's an unprincipled broken clock, basically.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Burger Foundry was drippy as gently caress and quite honestly average, especially at $20 for a combo deal.

I am back in Sydney now so I guess I need to go to Marys to wash away the sad.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Laserface posted:

Burger Foundry was drippy as gently caress and quite honestly average, especially at $20 for a combo deal.

Most eateries I've been to in Adelaide were pretty average, then the locals gush over places like Appellation like the east coast doesn't have Michelin star restaurants or something.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Tony Jowns posted:

It's not that she failed to join, she quit after failing at preselection. Then tried the same trick with Labor. Then was successful with Palmer. She's an unprincipled broken clock, basically.

It's fairly amusing really to imagine how almost anyone with a half decent presentation could have probably got forward as a PUP candidate for the federal election had they stepped forward. If we had a time machine could probably get the party stacked with goons in the senate.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Laserface posted:

Not going to Bread and Bone or Lucky Lupitas for your burger was your mistake.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

gay picnic defence posted:

Most eateries I've been to in Adelaide were pretty average, then the locals gush over places like Appellation like the east coast doesn't have Michelin star restaurants or something.

This is a fair criticism. The majority of food is here average unless you're in the Clare Valley or McLaren Vale.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Chinese shop in Hahndorf used to be great.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I could be biased since my girlfriend works there, but Faraja is pretty great. (King William Road)

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Senor Tron posted:

I could be biased since my girlfriend works there, but Faraja is pretty great. (King William Road)

I've been to Faraja a few times and have really enjoyed it. The beef ribs with sweet soy and pickled ginger were fantastic.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

You Am I posted:

The Chinese shop in Hahndorf used to be great.

There used to be some kickass bakerys when I lived there as well. Germans love their pastries apparently.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Anidav posted:

I think two things are probably loving you up most, and sadly they're not things you can really help. Firstly, it's a ton easier to get a job when you're already in a job. Secondly, preference will always go to anyone who has any kind of tie to where they're applying (they know the hiring manager, or someone else there who puts in a word).

It's really lovely but yeah, I really do wish you the best but QLD is a loving hole for younger people to find work. If you wanted full time, I could probably hook you up but I'm fairly certain you're a student still so causal or p/t would be what you need?

EDIT: Yeah, the bakeries in the Adelaide hills (Lobethal Bakery, which operates at Woodside and a few other places) make the best loving donuts I've ever had. Anyone who says Krispy Kreme is a gourmet donut is kidding, this stuff is as big as a saucer and so drat good. It doesn't taste like you put a cup of sugar in your mouth either.

CrazyTolradi fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Aug 19, 2014

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

gay picnic defence posted:

Michelin don't have a guide to Australia and so no restaurants here can get Michelin stars. We get poxy Fairfax Chef's hats. Bleh.

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

Endman posted:

Isn't this just everyone's regular morning routine? :confused:

you, i like you.
you i gulag last.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Lizard Combatant posted:

Not going to Bread and Bone or Lucky Lupitas for your burger was your mistake.

I was on a lunch break and it was the closest. Im sure I will be back at some stage so I will go hunting for the others.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Yesterday, I was going to post a screenshot of the review of Facebook's decision, wherein they decided to take down the Stop The Mosque In Bendigo page. Inside I cheered and all today I smiled, for they had taken it down.

Today, they've reviewed their decision again. They now find that it doesn't violate their terms and conditions.

What in the ever-loving gently caress, Facebook?

Can we get a fresh round of reports on that, Auspol?

e: It looks like FB got bullied into putting the page back up. I don't know what to do. This is a page that was only a few months back calling for Moslem children to be violently murdered on the street.

BlitzkriegOfColour fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Aug 19, 2014

homebrew
Mar 13, 2007

Needs more (safer) beer.

Laserface posted:

Burger Foundry has gone way down hill. It used to be very good when the Canadian bloke was running it, but he left and it turned to poo poo.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

homebrew posted:

Burger Foundry has gone way down hill. It used to be very good when the Canadian bloke was running it, but he left and it turned to poo poo.

That's disappointing. Its just up the road from me, but I haven't been there in about two years.

The new location looked good and spacious, and I had been meaning to stop by.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
What the gently caress is it with you fucks and talking about burgers, isn't the re another thread to stop that?

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

norp posted:

What the gently caress is it with you fucks and talking about burgers, isn't the re another thread to stop that?

SPY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

e: It looks like FB got bullied into putting the page back up. I don't know what to do. This is a page that was only a few months back calling for Moslem children to be violently murdered on the street.

Keep reporting the page and various post/comments that are openly bad. Sometimes they moderate, sometimes they don't. Next time they might have a review and they say bad luck.

• Locked thread