Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Let's face it, Rockmeats should just be in every LP from now on. That guy is adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clearbrook
Sep 2, 2011

SWAG
Golems in general are neat things to have in a story.

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:

Clearbrook posted:

Golems in general are neat things to have in a story.

This is why warforged are the best player race!

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
For the record, I'm super-psyched at how much people be seeming to like Rockmeats. I was really worried he'd come off as annoying, so I just don't know how to handle all this positivity.

Thanks guys~

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Rockmeats is a charming hero of justice.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Rockmeats, like Gamera, is also known as the invincible super monster and the friend to all children. Truth.

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010
At first I didn't like Rockmeats but he won me over almost instantly.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

Crummelhorn posted:

At first I didn't like Rockmeats but he won me over almost instantly.

I'm still a few episodes behind, but Rockmeat's sandwich making gambit at the start of the factory is what wholly won me over.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Personally like Palla the best. Fallowed by Joey then it's a really close call between Rockmeats and Kit. However I like them all quite a bit.

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

This isn't a popularity contest, people

It's Kit, Kit wins

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

"I think you really should be in the ocean..."

So that's what I been doing wrong!
Personally I'm a big fan of Larry Larrycola.

Nuckelavee
Feb 25, 2014
They're all a bunch of charming, shoe-less ragamuffins.

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

Pretty pretty pony pony pretty pony pon pon

Session 2-4: The Dork, The Industrialist and The Paladin

So after all that running around and investigating it turns out some goofy wizard named Nore is behind all this. Luckily he and his face are plenty punchable.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The Difference between a Hobgoblin and a Orc is simple.

Hobgoblins look like this

Orcs look like this

Hobgoblins are organized, intelligent, love military tactics and are pretty much Spartans.

Orcs are barbaric, kind of stupid, chaotic and physically strong.

Hobgoblins are also Goblinoids while Orcs are not.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

So is or isn't flanking a thing in DnD Next?

Was there any way the players could have gotten any indication that Nore even existed before he came to steal more constructs? I'm always interested to know these things after playing through an adventure. Last time I played DnD we stumbled across the giant doomsday device the villains were gathering keys for, and instead of chasing after the villains or attempting to find the keys before them, we just camped out at the doomsday device and let them come to us. We were all surprised at the GM's description of the clues he'd left for us to chase after the villains, as we hadn't interpreted any of them correctly.

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

pun pundit posted:

So is or isn't flanking a thing in DnD Next?

Not as hard and fast rule I don't think but the DM is encouraged to give out advantage if the party is doing something that gives them a tactical edge. Flanking an enemy can count as that.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
When Joey ripped off his shirt, did every woman in the town swoon at the same time?

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

When Joey ripped off his shirt, did every woman in the town swoon at the same time?

No, but there was quite a ruckus on the pastures in the vicinity.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

thetoughestbean posted:

http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=120

Just replace Darcy with Joey.

Dr. Demon
Jan 2, 2007

Everybody out of the god damn way. You got a hat full of bomb, a fist full of penis, and a head full of empty.
I did a quick drawing of Mr. Larrycola as I imagine him.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

"Oooh, Mr. Hoofvsz!"

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dr. Demon posted:

I did a quick drawing of Mr. Larrycola as I imagine him.

Give him a flat nose and you got the Willy Wonka of Hobgoblins.

Slippery42
Nov 10, 2011
If Nore wanted some wizardish notoriety, he should have marketed a spell named after himself. Mordenkainen has his sword and Melf has his acid arrow, but :science: Nore's MAGNIFICENT RAY :science: has enough gravitas that it would basically be the only spell I'd ever use.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Slippery42 posted:

If Nore wanted some wizardish notoriety, he should have marketed a spell named after himself. Mordenkainen has his sword and Melf has his acid arrow, but :science: Nore's MAGNIFICENT RAY :science: has enough gravitas that it would basically be the only spell I'd ever use.

Mordenkainen also has his hound.

Also 5e basic has been updated. We also a 2nd pdf for Gm's that has monsters, Magic items and encounter building advice in it.

http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules

The Monster section also has the Minotaur so Joey can be upgraded with the Minotaur traits.

Sabbrewolf
Feb 9, 2008

There is no escaping Vanana! Prepare to deehh...
I'm thrilled to see you guys doing this. I am also pleased to see you using roll20. Those guys have made a fantastic website that is getting better as more people sign up so hopefully this encourages folks to start their own campaigns.

I've been doing a campaign on roll20 for nearly 2 years now. 2 Multi-Month hiatuses due to people moving kept our progress back but thus far we are a bunch of level 13 adventurers in an epic 1-30 4e campaign. Overall we are all immensely satisfied with it since it has kept a bunch of close friends together and doing things from coast to coast. Also the small "mini-fig" tokens you guys use are adorable. :3:

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Slippery42 posted:

Sure Nore's MAGNIFICENT RAY is a pretty cool spell but Bigby's Grasping Hand has so much more utility, but I feel this only reinforces the point that named spells are how you get Wizard cred/notoriety.

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.
Joey's titles will never fail to amuse me. :)

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
When little kids get jealous of another little kid's treehouse, they start a playground fight.

When wizards get jealous of another wizard's tower, they start a war.

OUTLAW WIZ BIZ

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Glazius posted:

When little kids get jealous of another little kid's treehouse, they start a playground fight.

When wizards get jealous of another wizard's tower, they start a war.

OUTLAW WIZ BIZ

To quote Terry Pratchett's Discworld: "The plural of wizard is war."

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Nore is awesome. I hope he becomes a recurring character.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013
Is there an item entry for that silly pendant thing? It sounds chaotic and stupid and amazing fun.

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

Session 3-1: The Victory Party

Our heroes have bested the mystery of the clay golem attacks, now what awaits them?

Fame? Glory? It sure ain't the reward Kevin John promised them that's for dang sure.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Medibot does a great job in this episode. Well really you all do.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Poor Billy, he'll never get his proper due.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
For the record, when Billy was introduced, our group chat was nothing but people yelling BILLY for like six weeks

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Someone help me

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Lovecraftian.

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope
Any hogs seen in this video are entirely the fabrication of the production staff and are not a canonical element of my carefully crafted adventure story. Do not attempt to interact with the hogs.

The pendant is just something I made up to make the fight a bit more interesting. I figure that everything Nore has managed to get his hands on doesn't quite work as well as he hopes. Maybe he made it himself, and didn't do a very good job. Maybe he bought a discount version of a better pendant, hoping it would be just as good. Or maybe, "Nore" and "bad luck" are fated to go together. How sad for him.

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

medibot posted:

Any hogs seen in this video are entirely the fabrication of the production staff and are not a canonical element of my carefully crafted adventure story. Do not attempt to interact with the hogs.

The pendant is just something I made up to make the fight a bit more interesting. I figure that everything Nore has managed to get his hands on doesn't quite work as well as he hopes. Maybe he made it himself, and didn't do a very good job. Maybe he bought a discount version of a better pendant, hoping it would be just as good. Or maybe, "Nore" and "bad luck" are fated to go together. How sad for him.

Those mirror cleaning ventures just aren't paying off for the guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Let's celebrate the new avatar limits by celebrating the hog!

• Locked thread