Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

limaCAT posted:

Interview with Broshida at Eurogamer about sales, tomb raider, drive club and psvita...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-19-tomb-raider-vitas-no-show-and-the-mystery-of-10m-ps4-sales

Pretty incredible to see that even the President of the company is blown away and baffled by the sales figures, it's clear they didn't expect it to be nearly as successful as it has been this early into the life-span.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

cname posted:

In Diablo 3, can you separate from your party, or is there an invisible barrier that keeps everyone together? Also, can you turn off the stupid "Player 1" "Player 2" indicators?

Haven't had a chance to play the ps4 version yet, but the 360 version had same screen (no split) co-op for four players. You can't really separate from your party, and loot was all shared. Multiplayer is wide open, you can move around at your will and loot is split, so you can't steal other people's poo poo (you don't even see it). You can bring 2/3 local players online as well, and it works as you might expect.

There are tons of options for customizing the interface, I'm pretty sure you can disable player names in their somewhere.

I'm about to sit down and export my saves over. Now I just need an extra controller.

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

univbee posted:

If you play online (multiple consoles) it works more or less like playing on PC did (everyone gets their own loot, can gently caress off and do their own thing in different areas etc.). Couch co-op (1 console) keeps everyone on screen, the game zooms out but not massively and it does do the invisible wall thing and I think even teleports stragglers to keep the group together, gold is shared but loot is a free-for-all (I think, are there custom rules for this?), town portal is a group TP and inventory/skills management is one person at a time. Couch co-op is a blast but it's not something you can take super-seriously especially if everyone playing is at a different skill/familiarity with Diablo level.

You can also mix and match (e.g. play with 1 friend locally on your console and then with 2 other online people. You and your friend would have to stick together and share the spoils but the other 2 can do their own thing).

Thanks for the insanely fast reply. Realized I could just shut up and watch a youtube video, thus the edit. I'm still wondering though, is there any camera setting such as "zoom" to make the camera pan out a little more? I'd also like to be able to disable the HUD as well as the stupid player markers.

If anyone else knows if you can set the rules to group loot, free for all, need vs greed or whatever, I'd be curious as to how you can modify looting.

I'll probably wind up getting it just because it's a fairly simple game and I'd rather not have to gently caress with computers, when my friends and I have been drinking and want a game to play. From what I hear, it handles really well with the controller.

I assume it saves all the characters to PSN? I also assume you can trade gear with the people you're playing with?

cname fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Aug 19, 2014

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Looking through the options, you can definitely disable player names. I don't see any loot or zoom options unfortunately. In the 360 version it was just free for all when we played couch co-op, but since it was my wife and I we were pretty good about swapping stuff that the other person needed and sharing legendaries (mostly).

Save exporting went super fast, and worked the first time. It went so fast on the export I assumed it would mess up at the import process, but it everything was perfect. Unfortunately it didn't unlock all the challenges, but it'll be fun to do those again.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

Sweet mother of god, I cannot wait for another MGO fix. I hid in so many places under a box just to shiv people. I hope they fixed bullets making people invincible.

Wasn't it confirmed that the multiplayer is actually the Mother Base invasion stuff?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Been playing D3 on the PS4, absolutely love it. There's literally no framerate drops which is the best thing. Even my PC with dual 7970s struggle to maintain that.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
I just copied a password from Minikeepass on iPad and pasted it into a password field in the web browser using the Playstation app. :aaa:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

From video game deals thread

Don Lapre posted:

$40 after rebate PS4 gold headset back in stock

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...RYfKUurRun3hsBQ

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Add me to you friends list if you want another dude (pretending to be a girl) to play Diablo with. PSN: DeathShiki

13stitches
Mar 13, 2012

You were born free, you got fucked out of half of it and you wave a flag celebrating it.
Sigh, I posted months ago that the PS4 really doesn't like my TV, probably because it's old as gently caress but still does it's job despite it's age. Well, the Playstation 4 denied me any resolutions above 480p and at that time I thought it was because the little fucker just wanted it's 1.70 update in order to be able to turn off the HDCP feature. Guess what, it still doesen't allow me to change resolutions even though I've update the console up to 1.75 by now. My PS3 on the other hand isn't as picky and shows off it's 1080p and shakes it's imaginary balls in front of my PS4 just to mess with it. Sooooo... Anyone got a guess what I could still try after pretty much combing through the options over and over again, trying different settings and trying several HDMI cables without any progress? Except buying a new TV, this is kinda like the last resort left, even though my finances aren't looking forward to it.

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*
A similar thing happened to me the other day, ps4 booted and refused to output anything other than 480p. A restart fixed the problem for me though.

I don't suppose you have a surround sound receiver you can pipe the HDMI through before going to the TV? Mine acts as an HDMI switch. Maybe your ps4 would like that (or some other HDMI switch) better than your TV?

Javaman98
Jul 15, 2002

ask me about strobing in LoL

13stitches posted:

Sigh, I posted months ago that the PS4 really doesn't like my TV, probably because it's old as gently caress but still does it's job despite it's age. Well, the Playstation 4 denied me any resolutions above 480p and at that time I thought it was because the little fucker just wanted it's 1.70 update in order to be able to turn off the HDCP feature. Guess what, it still doesen't allow me to change resolutions even though I've update the console up to 1.75 by now. My PS3 on the other hand isn't as picky and shows off it's 1080p and shakes it's imaginary balls in front of my PS4 just to mess with it. Sooooo... Anyone got a guess what I could still try after pretty much combing through the options over and over again, trying different settings and trying several HDMI cables without any progress? Except buying a new TV, this is kinda like the last resort left, even though my finances aren't looking forward to it.

Would an HDMI selector box work? The dumb ones might just forward the signals across without doing anything smart, but maybe one with some up-conversion could trick the PS4 into thinking it's connected to something it can send 1080p to.

This is just a brief search but

http://www.amazon.com/Sherwood-HSB-6501-HDMI-Link-Switcher/dp/B000ICPEC4

might be enough, you can always return it if it doesn't work.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
My PSN is Phorrum add me for Diablo 3. I won't be playing co-op until level cap, but I'll randomly pick people online and send them legendaries as I have them. Gifts for all.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

How is diablo 3 on remote play?

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Wow D3 is a lot better with a controller.

Yeah it really is.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Got my Kontrolfreek Ultras yesterday. I was unsure at first, but since I started using them my thumbs haven't slipped off the sticks once and I'm definitely doing better in TLOS.

I still think the DS4 sticks are too flimsy.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Oh God, the auto-record works in this game! :woop:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

limaCAT posted:

Interview with Broshida at Eurogamer about sales, tomb raider, drive club and psvita...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-19-tomb-raider-vitas-no-show-and-the-mystery-of-10m-ps4-sales

That is a far more reasonable response to making ALL THE DOLLARS than I would expect from an executive.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

MZ posted:

Pretty incredible to see that even the President of the company is blown away and baffled by the sales figures, it's clear they didn't expect it to be nearly as successful as it has been this early into the life-span.

Personally, I think there was a lot of pent-up demand for the eighth gen consoles due to the seventh gen lasting so long. People have been ready for new hardware for a while. And with Microsoft (and especially Nintendo) not providing much of an alternative, everyone is flocking to the PS4.

That said I was wondering the same thing as Shu - once the core gamer market is saturated, do sales fall off a cliff?

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Ularg posted:

My PSN is Phorrum add me for Diablo 3. I won't be playing co-op until level cap, but I'll randomly pick people online and send them legendaries as I have them. Gifts for all.

From what I hear the game actually does this itself sometimes. Instead of a piece of loot you sometimes get a gift for a specific friend, that you then mail to them to give them sweet loot.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wow, they really did improve the loot system. I've not even gotten halfway through Act 1 yet and I've already had more useful drops than the whole time I played vanilla D3.
Also turn it up to at least hard. I never play games above normal, but I don't even think I even took any damage before I turned the difficulty up a bit.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWId6_Pemck

Why can't it be March already. That slowdown during the boss fight is the perfect "poo poo's going down so much the system can't handle it" moment.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
They had mentioned lower level players could scale to higher players in D3, but locally and online that isn't happening. Any trick to getting that to work?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

he1ixx posted:

Yeah it really is.

Truth, a great example of this is the Crusader's shield bash ability, it feels so pants and awkward on the PC version but completely different and way better on the console. If there were abilities that felt bland and boring on the PC, try them again. You might be surprised.

Ularg posted:

I kind of wish though there was a small speed boost while out of combat. My barbarian just seems ever slightly too slow. But that'll probably be fixed come paragon.

Smash some pots/scenery, see what happens

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Aishan posted:

From what I hear the game actually does this itself sometimes. Instead of a piece of loot you sometimes get a gift for a specific friend, that you then mail to them to give them sweet loot.

Been sending those out too.

By the way, Yo Deathshiki, got a legendary coming yo way!

This game is loving amazing. I've had D3 since launch and got Reaper of Souls at launch and double dipping was so loving worth it.

I kind of wish though there was a small speed boost while out of combat. My barbarian just seems ever slightly too slow. But that'll probably be fixed come paragon.

Edit: Woah

That camera angle.

quote:

Smash some pots/scenery, see what happens

Yeah but Act 2 has poo poo for pots, yo.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Aug 19, 2014

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Ugh, all this talk about D3 being awesome has me second guessing my decision to skip it.

I bought the original D3 at launch, took every class to the cap, bought every Blizzard game on the store and banked $250 for Hearthstone thanks to the RMAH then quit once the paragon grind went live. The prospect of starting from scratch is a pretty huge deterrent, but the expansion stuff would be entirely new.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

BGrifter posted:

Ugh, all this talk about D3 being awesome has me second guessing my decision to skip it.

I bought the original D3 at launch, took every class to the cap, bought every Blizzard game on the store and banked $250 for Hearthstone thanks to the RMAH then quit once the paragon grind went live. The prospect of starting from scratch is a pretty huge deterrent, but the expansion stuff would be entirely new.

I too bought D3 at launch, and I have every character at 60+ and three of them are at 70, and I was working on doing the same classes but with the other gender to 70 because I was bored. This isn't boring, holy poo poo this is fun and it was even worth dropping my 160+ paragon crusader breezing through Torment 2.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport
I have never played Diablo 3 before, and I started this morning and it was AWESOME. I'm jonesing to get home and start again. Getting itchy, guys.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

BGrifter posted:

It's very different now. Core gameplay is the same (the one thing that didn't need changing at least) and the important stuff is much better. As somebody who bought all the D3s so far I still recommend it heartily.

Not to mention it's way better on a controller!

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

D3 is pretty much a whole new game now. Paragon levels have been completely reworked to essentially be 4 pools of talent points, loot is not loving awful, and adventure mode is cool. I didn't like vanilla D3 very much but it's a blast now. I've yet to play the PS4 version, but I'm looking forward to booting it up tonight. My PSN is Rassium, so anyone looking for a D3 buddy should feel free to add me.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

cronox2 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWId6_Pemck

Why can't it be March already. That slowdown during the boss fight is the perfect "poo poo's going down so much the system can't handle it" moment.

I know hype based on videos tends to be a bad idea, but oh my god, give it to me now.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Diablo 3. So good.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Dammmit you guys, I was gonna hold off on Diablo until this weekend but now I feel like getting it tonight. May even trade in TLOU since I finished that a few weeks ago.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

:spidey:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ularg posted:

By the way, Yo Deathshiki, got a legendary coming yo way!

I got it thanks, hopefully I'll be able to use it by tomorrow. :v:

Crusader seems pretty fun, shield bash plus first rune is basically a magic shotgun, can't imagine myself using anything else in that slot for a while.

Meat Street
Oct 17, 2004

knowin' nothin' in life but to be legit
I've hopped on the D3 train, PSN is mrgoatceo and I'll be online tonight to click, err, tap buttons furiously.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

"If you have arachnophobia then gently caress you."

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

PantsBandit posted:

"If you have arachnophobia then gently caress you."

I feel like this could be the official Souls game tagline, honestly.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DrNutt posted:

I feel like this could be the official Souls game tagline, honestly.

It would be better without the arachnophobia part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Just a heads up on D3, you don't have to tap buttons over and over for actions, you can just hold them.

• Locked thread