Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Why do people care about chocobos. Regular chocobo is boring.

Behemoth is how pimps get around

Bomb chair is how ballers get around

Coeurl is how shot-callers who want to ride on low-riders get around

And then there's fat choco. It's fat choco!

I'm sorry, which of these can sneeze everywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I really wish they'd give private rooms a planter box furniture piece. Limit it to one per room if you want.

But I guess that would still destroy whatever market there is for gardening grown items.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Azubah posted:

How are the extreme primal fights? I really want their mounts.

Garuda and Ifrit are easy and can be cleared (hit or miss) with DF.

Levi is pretty easy as long as you can dodge.

Mog is hilarious and owns but can be difficult if your healers aren't on the ball.

Ramuh is kinda difficult if you're not on voice comms.

Titan is the second hardest fight in the game and is a dream killer.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
Apparently /handover and /pet have special animations for minions:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

pksage posted:

Apparently /handover and /pet have special animations for minions:

Yeah, they mentioned that in the patch notes; I wonder if it does similar for non-lala races using those emotes on lalas.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Aaaaag Wolf Pup interaction :pusheen:

Azubah posted:

How are the extreme primal fights? I really want their mounts.

Sorry to say, but enjoy never getting those. I would highly recommend not actively attempting to get these because of how rare they are.

If you see one in your runs count yourself lucky and then weep when you roll a 1. :suicide:

Samba De Amigo fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Aug 19, 2014

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Also, does anyone know what this is referring to?

quote:

An issue in the Second Coil of Bahamut – Turn 4 wherein under certain conditions the boss did not use certain actions properly.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

pksage posted:

Step 1) Spend a pittance of allied seals on color seeds
Step 2) Plant the seeds and completely ignore all of the various topsoil/etc. options if you want
Step 3) Wait
Step 4) You get chocobo color fruits anyway

If there is any justice in the world then you will get multiple snacks per seed, so go nuts with all that grade 3 Shroud topsoil you've been collecting while gathering umbral rocks.

Or they could just as easily gently caress this up and only give you one per seed. :shepicide:

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Thundarr posted:

If there is any justice in the world then you will get multiple snacks per seed, so go nuts with all that grade 3 Shroud topsoil you've been collecting while when you're done gathering umbral rocks.

Fixed that for you. No way I'm giving up a chance at an HQ rock for some soil that's cheap-ish on the auction house.

Unless that was :thejoke:. I'm not really awake yet.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Well, if you can increase yield on rainbowbo dyes, it won't be cheap on the market much longer!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I really wish they'd give private rooms a planter box furniture piece. Limit it to one per room if you want.

But I guess that would still destroy whatever market there is for gardening grown items.

It's going to be destroyed anyway so it's a bit silly that an entire FC only gets a few spaces to mess with.

laststandb
Jul 31, 2014

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

So for anyone worried about the spirit bonding changes, spiritbonding i55 gear in the 2.3 dungeons/CT2 has indeed been nerfed to hell (I think I got about 1% spiritbond in a leg that gave about 11-13% spiritbonding before the patch last night).

Instead, if you want to spiritbond those pieces of gear, go run WP/AK. Just got out of a WP and I got about twice as much spiritbond as I would have gotten in a 2.3 dungeon/CT2 pre-patch.

So essentially after the market settles we are going to be swimming in Tier III Materia. Just run over to Urth's Gift with multiple sets of ilvl 46 gear and blow through them like mad.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Apparently the chocobo dye seeds are no trade? loving hell SE. I mean I understand they don't want an easy seals to cash path to open up, but... :negative:

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Thundarr posted:

Apparently the chocobo dye seeds are no trade? loving hell SE. I mean I understand they don't want an easy seals to cash path to open up, but... :negative:

Didn't they just open up allied seals->myth gear->company seals->phil mats>gil at the same time, though?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

laststandb posted:

So essentially after the market settles we are going to be swimming in Tier III Materia. Just run over to Urth's Gift with multiple sets of ilvl 46 gear and blow through them like mad.

Should be nice if this happens by the time I get to Novus in like 3 months!

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
I wonder if they'll ever decide to make the relic weapon BiS or tied for BiS. As someone who probably intends to get their weapons via raiding and not relic, I would be fine with a tie. Hell, I'd be fine with the full Zodiac weapon being 5 ilvls higher than the best raid weapon. And that makes me wonder how many upgrade steps there'll be after Novus before we're at "Zodiac ______".

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

pksage posted:

I wonder if they'll ever decide to make the relic weapon BiS or tied for BiS. As someone who probably intends to get their weapons via raiding and not relic, I would be fine with a tie. Hell, I'd be fine with the full Zodiac weapon being 5 ilvls higher than the best raid weapon. And that makes me wonder how many upgrade steps there'll be after Novus before we're at "Zodiac ______".

Yoshida has said that the next step after Novus will change the appearance dramatically, I would imagine we'll have at least 2-3 stages after that? Though with the point of them being to contantly upgrade I wonder how they can keep it going. The upgrades as of now are pretty ridiculous in terms of time commitment. They're going to need to nerf the lower stages pretty hard at some point if they want new players to bother.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Thranguy posted:

Didn't they just open up allied seals->myth gear->company seals->phil mats>gil at the same time, though?

Huh. I guess they did, now that you mention it. Going to have to see how long that stays viable before the mat prices crash down to nothing.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Ouhei posted:

Yoshida has said that the next step after Novus will change the appearance dramatically, I would imagine we'll have at least 2-3 stages after that? Though with the point of them being to contantly upgrade I wonder how they can keep it going. The upgrades as of now are pretty ridiculous in terms of time commitment. They're going to need to nerf the lower stages pretty hard at some point if they want new players to bother.

Zenith and Animus, and somewhat Novus have all received nerfs through the proliferation of myth and hunts.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

bonewitch posted:

Zenith and Animus, and somewhat Novus have all received nerfs through the proliferation of myth and hunts.

The problem of course being Atma.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Aurora posted:

The problem of course being Atma.

Atma is literally the only reason I haven't done the relic chain. :suicide:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

bonewitch posted:

Give a try some time. I did it playing off-and-on Tues-Fri last week.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

There isn't any special trick other than having Zenith that people have figured out, is there? I've been on the Scorpion atma for a while.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Aurora posted:

There isn't any special trick other than having Zenith that people have figured out, is there? I've been on the Scorpion atma for a while.

The special trick is chaining fates and not having afk downtime between them.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Also Lalafell sacrifices. Get them to do that Coerthas jumping nonsense while in combat.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

bonewitch posted:

There's no reason to not get up to Zenith. That part is easy and relatively quick.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

bonewitch posted:

They're definitely easier, but let's say we eventually get to the point where we're 3 upgrades from where we're at. No one is going to go through Atma RNG, then 9 animus books, then 75 materia melds just to have to do whatever long winded stuff they come up with for the future upgrades. It would be infinitely easier/less time consuming at that point to grab whatever other weapons are ilvl 130 or whatever at that point.

Not that I have any fantastic ideas about how to do it, but they've been pretty clear that they want to keep the game easy for new people to pick up and become relevant without too much time and the Relic weapon quest line is a pretty integral part of the game. Not that you need a ilvl110 weapon to be relevant NOW, but it's a whole different ballgame once ilvl starts getting up past 120 and the potential of a level cap increase with 3.0.

As far as alma goes, they've gone on record to say it's just flat chance, there's nothing special. My own theory is that carrying more Atma helps the drop rate as 1-5 took much longer on average than 5-12 did, but that's completely anecdotal and has a 99% chance of being false.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I recently hit 50 on BLM and was wondering if there's any ~protips~ someone could pass onto me, really having fun with it.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I recently hit 50 on BLM and was wondering if there's any ~protips~ someone could pass onto me, really having fun with it.

Throw fire. Lots of it. Quickly.

That being said, I think about 20 pages back KaneTW pretty much posted all you could want to know (and more!). I can't count worth poo poo and it was not within the last 20 pages.

I'm sure someone would be glad to post the BLM discussion again.

Samba De Amigo fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 19, 2014

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Fister Roboto posted:

There's no reason to not get up to Zenith. That part is easy and relatively quick.

Sorry, I should have been clear, I haven't done anything past Zenith. I have 5 Zeniths and I'll be getting a 6th today or tomorrow. :v:

Ouhei posted:

They're definitely easier, but let's say we eventually get to the point where we're 3 upgrades from where we're at. No one is going to go through Atma RNG, then 9 animus books, then 75 materia melds just to have to do whatever long winded stuff they come up with for the future upgrades. It would be infinitely easier/less time consuming at that point to grab whatever other weapons are ilvl 130 or whatever at that point.

Not that I have any fantastic ideas about how to do it, but they've been pretty clear that they want to keep the game easy for new people to pick up and become relevant without too much time and the Relic weapon quest line is a pretty integral part of the game. Not that you need a ilvl110 weapon to be relevant NOW, but it's a whole different ballgame once ilvl starts getting up past 120 and the potential of a level cap increase with 3.0.

As far as alma goes, they've gone on record to say it's just flat chance, there's nothing special. My own theory is that carrying more Atma helps the drop rate as 1-5 took much longer on average than 5-12 did, but that's completely anecdotal and has a 99% chance of being false.

Oh sure, they haven't been directly or heavily nerfed, but compare Animus now to Animus back when Hardflox was the main way of getting myth. Hell, even Novus pre-hunts and Novus post-hunts. We'll probably see bigger Animus nerfs/actual Atma nerfs in 2.4 when myth goes away, they'll probably drop the price of Animus books by quite a bit and make them purchasable with Soldiery. Atma will probably be a flat increase to drop rate (as much as I'd like it to be changed to "do x fates in each zone").

Samba De Amigo posted:

Throw fire. Lots of it. Quickly.

That being said, I think about 20 pages back KaneTW pretty much posted all you could want to know (and more!). I can't count worth poo poo and it was not within the last 20 pages.

I'm sure someone would be glad to post the BLM discussion again.

Speaking of BLM, whats the best way to handle Firestarter procs? I've found that if I chain-cast Fire I, the proc won't appear until I'm halfway through casting Fire and sometimes I'll get unlucky and get another proc on top of the first one.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
You just suck it up and deal with it because an interruption or delay in your casting is a bigger loss of DPS than missing a proc.

laststandb
Jul 31, 2014
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/19/final-fantasy-xiv-producer-talks-b-rank-monster-changes-end-game-content/

quote:

While on the subject of Soldiery Tomes, Dengeki asked if we’ll be seeing a new form of Allagan Tomestones come the 2.4 update, to which Yoshida said that they don’t have any plans for that at the moment, so you won’t have to worry about cashing in on all the Soldiery items anytime soon.

quote:

As the aforementioned weapon caps at ilvl 110, the Relic weapons will go beyond Novus, but they can take quite a while to get. Yoshi-P mentioned that after some time passes, they’ll make adjustments on the stages after the Atma parts to make things a little easier, after further observation.

Guess I will have to bite the bullet and do my atma eventually if they aren't going to nerf Atma :/

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

bonewitch posted:

Speaking of BLM, whats the best way to handle Firestarter procs? I've found that if I chain-cast Fire I, the proc won't appear until I'm halfway through casting Fire and sometimes I'll get unlucky and get another proc on top of the first one.

Just keep casting and don't worry about it. Don't interrupt a cast in order to cast Fire 3, and don't delay casting your next spell to see if you get a proc. If Firestarter procs and you're in Umbral Ice, cast Transpose before you cast Fire 3, it's free damage.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

pksage posted:

I wonder if they'll ever decide to make the relic weapon BiS or tied for BiS.

Pretty sure Yoshida said that the weapons from current coil will always be slightly better than all other options. For a while in 2.0 Allagan weapons were just i90 tied with Zenith but they then patched them up to 95.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

bonewitch posted:

Oh sure, they haven't been directly or heavily nerfed, but compare Animus now to Animus back when Hardflox was the main way of getting myth. Hell, even Novus pre-hunts and Novus post-hunts. We'll probably see bigger Animus nerfs/actual Atma nerfs in 2.4 when myth goes away, they'll probably drop the price of Animus books by quite a bit and make them purchasable with Soldiery. Atma will probably be a flat increase to drop rate (as much as I'd like it to be changed to "do x fates in each zone").

I'd love to see Atma go to X number of fates in a zone as well, but a drop rate increase is probably what they'll do. I'd like to see Animus books become a little easier to complete in addition to dropping the cost, it'd be nice if it didn't take over 1 week+ to complete each one. Maybe drop the fates off, or drop it to 1 fate/1 dungeon per book. Maybe that's making it too easy and just wishful thinking since I just started my first book.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Just keep casting and don't worry about it. Don't interrupt a cast in order to cast Fire 3, and don't delay casting your next spell to see if you get a proc. If Firestarter procs and you're in Umbral Ice, cast Transpose before you cast Fire 3, it's free damage.

Eej posted:

You just suck it up and deal with it because an interruption or delay in your casting is a bigger loss of DPS than missing a proc.

Yeah, thats what I figured, it happens relatively rarely anyway. I've been doing the transpose trick as well.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

ActionZero posted:

Pretty sure Yoshida said that the weapons from current coil will always be slightly better than all other options. For a while in 2.0 Allagan weapons were just i90 tied with Zenith but they then patched them up to 95.

Actually Yoshi has said that ultimately he wants the relic weapons to go through multiple phases and forms and then eventually come out as BiS for the class I think.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

So for anyone worried about the spirit bonding changes, spiritbonding i55 gear in the 2.3 dungeons/CT2 has indeed been nerfed to hell (I think I got about 1% spiritbond in a leg that gave about 11-13% spiritbonding before the patch last night).

Instead, if you want to spiritbond those pieces of gear, go run WP/AK. Just got out of a WP and I got about twice as much spiritbond as I would have gotten in a 2.3 dungeon/CT2 pre-patch.

This is a nice creative way to get people to run old dungeons again.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
The friendship circlet works in low roulettes where you're capped under 25! :dance:

And The new Ixal crafting quests are great. I went from 1-5 on carpenter on just the three dailies and it looks like the xp scales to your job's level.

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

SpazmasterX posted:

The friendship circlet works in low roulettes where you're capped under 25! :dance:

And The new Ixal crafting quests are great. I went from 1-5 on carpenter on just the three dailies and it looks like the xp scales to your job's level.

If it actually does scale to your level that would be crazy, especially once you get higher rank since you can do up 6 Ixali a day. Combine that with leves and daily Grand Company turn in's and you'll be omni-crafter in no time flat.

• Locked thread