Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Broke even on the parts car by just selling awful interior bits and the headlights and tail lights.

Still need to take a pic of the 6-speed and throw it up on CL, hopefully that'll be a good $750 and my half of the 3.909 torsen should be around $400. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Did SA change the stupid newbie avatar or did someone pay money for this? Noticed a few posters with the same avatar.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Bajaha posted:

Did SA change the stupid newbie avatar or did someone pay money for this? Noticed a few posters with the same avatar.

Well the URL for the image itself is:

http://fi.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif

So it does appear to be the replacement for the Stupid Newbie image.

I am not ready for this sudden and massive change, someone please hold me.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Yeah avatars can also be bigger in dimensions and file size now too.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

goatse guy posted:

Good. Consider it practice. He told me to pick out something that I want to drive, so I'm thinking a 2002.
2002 is a good idea. Fun cars, easy to work on and parts are easily available.

Two hour conference call now. How do people get anything done when they spend all day on these stupid things? I'm usually able to avoid them but not this time.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Fart Pipe posted:

My ex-girlfriend left me

fixed

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 207 days!)

meatpimp posted:

Thankfully, the posts we need to worry about here are already tagged [Viggen].

This is going to be incredibly hypocritical of me, but do you do anything OTHER than take potshots at people? I can't remember the last time you were helpful, or useful.. and I'm taking piracetam now.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Viggen posted:

This is going to be incredibly hypocritical of me, but do you do anything OTHER than take potshots at people? I can't remember the last time you were helpful, or useful.. and I'm taking piracetam now.

Perhaps you should read a couple posts after the one you replied to, then look at my post history, and perhaps switch to Midol.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

kastein posted:

Oh dear, this girl is definitely crazy. I need to stop letting the crazy ones find me and go looking for a not crazy one. :stonklol:

If she has angry eyes on her jeep as well as acting like this I am running for the hills.

If she has angry eyes on her Jeep, running to the hills is the last thing you should do. Hope you have a boat in that case!

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

meatpimp posted:

Perhaps you should read a couple posts after the one you replied to, then look at my post history, and perhaps switch to Midol.

You sure seem to have developed thin skin, considering your posting history. :v:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Ahahahahahaha

"Hey boss we wanna go look gor corrupt politicians so we need money"

"...........naaaaah lets not do that k thanks"

piss boner
May 17, 2003

Viggen posted:

Sometimes. Yeah, he is a prick. So what. He's good for the occasional laugh. I had him and tussen takk and a few others blocked for a while, then I realized that they were unintentionally retarded. If you need someone to take out your frustrations on, send me a PM but leave the village idiot alone. Just because he is smearing poo poo all over himself doesn't mean he isn't having fun.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

piss boner posted:

Sometimes. Yeah, he is a prick. So what. He's good for the occasional laugh. I had him and tussen takk and a few others blocked for a while, then I realized that they were unintentionally retarded. If you need someone to take out your frustrations on, send me a PM but leave the village idiot alone. Just because he is smearing poo poo all over himself doesn't mean he isn't having fun.

Wait.. which one of us are you talking about here? :confused:

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

Came down with the always nasty summer cold.

Called in sick, ordered soup from the Chinese place and fired up the PlayStation for the first time in forever. No nyquil in the house, so bourbon it is.

Being sick ain't all that terrible.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Thelonious posted:

Called in sick, ordered soup from the Chinese place and fired up the PlayStation for the first time in forever. No nyquil in the house, so bourbon it is.

Sounds like a perfect The Price is Right day.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Thelonious posted:

Same.

I've been in bed most of the day. I went to Jason's Deli for lunch. And regretted it about 30 minutes later.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

NitroSpazzz posted:

2002 is a good idea. Fun cars, easy to work on and parts are easily available.

He's mentioned that he'd like an E30 M3 or a Speedster replica, but the 2002 is the only car that I've never waffled on. I've always wanted one and I won't be satisfied until I have one.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

You Am I posted:

Off topic, does your brother still post here?

I think so. Altho right now he is too busy prepping for the WRC next month

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Pretty bad when the junkyard won't even take your poo poo.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

This is the Roveriest thing I've ever heard.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

goatse guy posted:

He's mentioned that he'd like an E30 M3 or a Speedster replica, but the 2002 is the only car that I've never waffled on. I've always wanted one and I won't be satisfied until I have one.

Not sure about the speedster replica but a E30 M3 rolling shell sells for about the same as you could pick up a nice 2002. I'm guessing Speedster replicas are about the same. Of course it depends on what you want the project car for and how much money you have to throw at it. poo poo pretty sure you could buy a nice 2002 for the cost of a S14 rebuild (~8k).

If I didn't already have my 320i (E21) and another parts car I'd be leaning towards building out a 2002 instead. Just find out with minimal (or none but I think you're up north) rust and have fun.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

cursedshitbox posted:

They want cars that still have parts on them :v:

I bet a scrapper will take it...

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I posted it free on craigslist. idgaf.

oh yeah.

E: You don't gently caress with me. less than 24hrs the last year of work has been stripped out of it.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
I made $200 off a Volvo 740 wagon with no drivetrain, rear suspension, and most of the interior missing, and that was AFTER the $40 fee to come pick it up.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Please tell me that's the pic you posted on Craigslist.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Bajaha posted:

Please tell me that's the pic you posted on Craigslist.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/zip/4627352789.html

You think I'd do anything less?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

If you weren't farther away than Phoenix, I'd happily take this piece of Yard Art. :sigh:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Cat Terrist posted:

I think so. Altho right now he is too busy prepping for the WRC next month
Is he running in it again or just doing marshalling stuff?

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

This part confuses me:

craigslist posted:

do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Mostly because of :dong:

THIS close to dick pics in your inbox.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

So I've been looking at few more car ads and I stumbled across these:

I don't think anyone's ever said these words about this car. Ever.
You've got the touch! You've got the power! YEAH!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

You Am I posted:

Is he running in it again or just doing marshalling stuff?

Oh he is running again for sure.

He's also got a fundraising going on - put your name / image on the car for x bucks. Not sure where the link is tho... will need to dig it out.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

ssjonizuka posted:

THIS close to dick pics in your inbox.

DOIT. I loving dare ya. :3:

Sold 320 bux of piddly poo poo I was going to just trash.

hes coming back thursday for a bumper and some tires. maybe the lift too.

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

Cat Terrist posted:

He's also got a fundraising going on - put your name / image on the car for x bucks. Not sure where the link is tho... will need to dig it out.

Aww, and here I thought you guys were just humoring me by saying that idea was good last year :)

Win or lose, there better be shenanigans again.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
All of the subforum icons are changing.

I guess this is what the 4 hour maintenance window is about.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

goatse guy posted:

The nice thing about the 02s is that good ones can still be found affordably unlike a lot of cars from that era and especially later BMWs (and most Porsches). Parts availability is decent too and a lot of stuff from later BMWs can be wedged in with a little to no work.

Dad Chat (last one I promise): Today we got the call that #2 had a completely healthy genetic panel and that it's a boy. Come February I'll have a second little grease monkey to teach proper auto insanity to. :cheers:

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Congrats! :hfive:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Don't cut his dick up or you may regret it later in life. :v:

Just sold my ghetto-port heads.

So not regretting parting this fucker out.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Phone posted:

All of the subforum icons are changing.

I guess this is what the 4 hour maintenance window is about.

Nah Lowtax changed the icons for whatever reason. But the shutdown should be to fix the errors in the database that keep search & archives from working right.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Brigdh posted:

Aww, and here I thought you guys were just humoring me by saying that idea was good last year :)

Win or lose, there better be shenanigans again.

It's Kaptain Ballisitk. Shenanigans are guarentteed. Maybe not quite being hauled in frot of the Stewards trwice tho.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cursedshitbox posted:

Don't cut his dick up or you may regret it later in life. :v:
Yeah, seriously, not even joking. Do not get taken in by the claimed "benefits".

• Locked thread