Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

bottle cap knobs and cola pickups are things I genuinely would like on a guitar :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One of us is going to end up owning that bad boy

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcCrTahsLg0

bong guitar

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
If you are in the UK the knobs should be Buckfast bottlecaps.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
I live near bath WDE, how much for that monstrosity/a similarly horrific bass

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

In a similar vein: the Model 42 Rackmount Vaporizer.

I would actually buy this, if not for the fact that a heating element in crowded 19in racks sounds like a bad idea, as most rack gear generates a fair bit of heat to begin with and the cooler you run, generally the better it is for the life span of the gear.

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

White Dog Eggs posted:

Maybe make some really crude square knobs out of pine or something.

Make your own knobs out of sugru - seems like you should have a thousand uses for that poo poo

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

strangemusic posted:

I would actually buy this, if not for the fact that a heating element in crowded 19in racks sounds like a bad idea, as most rack gear generates a fair bit of heat to begin with and the cooler you run, generally the better it is for the life span of the gear.

Everyone needs to watch the video of
this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qtKCWzRXolk

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Actuary X posted:

Make your own knobs out of sugru - seems like you should have a thousand uses for that poo poo

Sugru website posted:

David resealed a link in the cooling system of his car where it needed to withstand temps of 80C and high pressure too.

looooool

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

White Dog Eggs posted:

Oh yea, I can't find a whammy bar that will fit the bridge, at all (I've got 12 spare whammy bars lying around and none of them fit). Might see if I can make something that fits out of Meccano.

Just go to the hardware store, and buy a stick of allthread in the right threading. Bend to taste.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Verizian posted:

11 is for pussies.

:stare:

White Dog Eggs posted:

Annoyingly I don't think I've got any gross knobs :(. I maybe have some white speed knobs lying around, although those will probably be too tasteful. I guess I could buy some, but I wanted to use nothing but poo poo I had lying around. I could cover some chicken head knobs in glitter or paint them orange or something.....

I have a set of lime green top hat knobs spare if you want them for the build. They're extra garish as these are actually white top hats painted with fluorescant green paint.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

strangemusic posted:

Buy a bigger rack and put spacers around it.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

W424 posted:

Buy a bigger rack and put spacers around it.

I mean, in theory, of course this is what you would do. But, you know, earthly constraints and all that.

Speaking of that glorious video: any ASL speakers in the house? Is that real signing or just bullshit?

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Yeah let's turn a funky classic into some easy listening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN6VeTP75kY

The whole thing is just ugh. I would rather see Henry Kaiser loving up a C major scale than hear this John Mayer elevator tripe :colbert:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
pretty sure those brosephs rocked the quad during welcome week my sophomore year, well really they rocked everyone's quad the welcome week their sophomore year for lame whiteness is omnipresent and eternal

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Beards, expensive guitars, Mac, "hilarious" horse head, Hendrix shirt..... these guys have got it made!

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Chrpno posted:

Beards, expensive guitars, Mac, "hilarious" horse head, Hendrix shirt..... these guys have got it made!

Don't forget the faux-hawks. They can still rock, even though they're playing controlled and smooth blues/funk? God, this video pisses me off.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Sonny Sharrock would gently caress those dudes up. How DARE they?

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Guitar Fetish has some doozies up in the factory buyout clearance section.
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Gloss-Finished-Silver-AXE-Style-Body-HH-with-Floyd-Cut_p_12784.html
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Satin-Finished-Double-Cutway-Body_p_12781.html
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Gloss-Finished-Vintage-Cream-Middle-Finger-Style-Body_p_12758.html

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

i'm bizarrely tempted by that axe blade body

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Chrpno posted:

The whole thing is just ugh. I would rather see Henry Kaiser loving up a C major scale than hear this John Mayer elevator tripe :colbert:

I was kind of on board at the very beginning when it was like, "oh man, those chords are kinda dreamy, are they gonna go Stone Roses on this? ...maybe if that guy would stop trying to play his hawt lixx all over that dreamy sound"

and then the beat kicked in and it was the worst poo poo imaginable.

also holy jesus, all the gear I own probably costs less than like one of those instruments or amps.

People like this are why I can barely listen to Hendrix anymore.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Allen Wren posted:

I was kind of on board at the very beginning when it was like, "oh man, those chords are kinda dreamy, are they gonna go Stone Roses on this? ...maybe if that guy would stop trying to play his hawt lixx all over that dreamy sound"

and then the beat kicked in and it was the worst poo poo imaginable.

also holy jesus, all the gear I own probably costs less than like one of those instruments or amps.

People like this are why I can barely listen to Hendrix anymore.

Is it possible for a hi-hat to sound white and smug? I guess that costs extra.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Chrpno posted:

Is it possible for a hi-hat to sound white and smug? I guess that costs extra.

That's more about the way you hit it than its manufacture

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome
Jan 6, 2006

Quickscope420dad posted:

That's more about the way you hit it than its manufacture

pfft. Someone doesn't now about tone polish.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Chrpno posted:

Is... Is that the same dude playing each of the instruments?

Edit: oh my god that bass solo :gonk:

Schpyder fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Aug 21, 2014

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat
Sorry, been a bit busy the last few days, will upload some pictures when I get a chance.

unlawfulsoup posted:

Don't forget to spray paint tone on it in comic sans, preferably in an awful color.

I have a colour picked out especially....

Acquire Currency! posted:

One of us is going to end up owning that bad boy

I will honestly be amazed if anyone still wants this when it's finished.

City of Tampa posted:

If you are in the UK the knobs should be Buckfast bottlecaps.

Too flimsy :(, although I guess I could fill them with concrete or something.

Stux posted:

I live near bath WDE, how much for that monstrosity/a similarly horrific bass

Well, I'm back from Bath and I'm currently back home in sunny Shropshire. To modify a guitar/bass wouldn't actually cost too much (re-spraying is easy enough if there is a lack of pink guitars and wouldn't be overly expensive, just time consuming). No idea what I'd charge for this... Thing though.

Actuary X posted:

My gf banned me from buying epoxy putty because I kept making dicks out of it and sticking them everywhere.

Clitch posted:

Just go to the hardware store, and buy a stick of allthread in the right threading. Bend to taste.

Ohhh, a lazy option but a good one! The thread would hurt your hands too. Maybe wrap it in rainbow string or something.

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

I have a set of lime green top hat knobs spare if you want them for the build. They're extra garish as these are actually white top hats painted with fluorescant green paint.

Holy poo poo, that would be awesome! You don't have plat so I can't PM you, but email me wfwild@hotmail.co.uk and we'll sort something out. I don't mind paying postage.

Holy poo poo, I wish the postage to the UK wasn't so much, they have some fantastically stupid bodies on there for cheap.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Chrpno posted:

This is the defining sound of Music College students except it's lacking a horns and keys section

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Henry can show these younguns a thing or 2 about demoing an expensive guitar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTXiwaklwAU

The youtube commenters are just so outraged.

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

Chrpno posted:

youtube commenter posted:

This song narrates the harrowing story of pac-man's rear end-molestation by a fax machine

Reality show concept: Henry tries out for local bands and does his thing while the band tries to play Mustang Sally or whatever

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Chrpno posted:

Henry can show these younguns a thing or 2 about demoing an expensive guitar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTXiwaklwAU

ahahah:
"Here's the Tom Anderson Cobra - now let me put it through my effects pedal from hell so you have no idea what it sounds like."

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

if any of you wants that body you'll have to beat Henry to it.

Chrpno posted:

Dude put straplocks on his guitar and doesn't even pull any stage moves. He genuinely put them on because he's afraid of getting a little too crazy during a solo and dropping his strat

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
Wonder what Henry Kaiser's reaction would be if someone told him "you should take a look at this https://autochords.com/"

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Heartbroken 2Twice posted:

if any of you wants that body you'll have to beat Henry to it.

Dude put straplocks on his guitar and doesn't even pull any stage moves. He genuinely put them on because he's afraid of getting a little too crazy during a solo and dropping his strat

You think a 1 dollar and 3 second investment to secure your 300+ dollar investment is dumb. lmao.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

satanic splash-back posted:

You think a 1 dollar and 3 second investment to secure your 300+ dollar investment is dumb. lmao.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Quickscope420dad posted:

Wonder what Henry Kaiser's reaction would be if someone told him "you should take a look at this https://autochords.com/"

this website is kinda bad. there is nothing interesting about chord progressions that are entirely diatonic.

(this is actually my opinion but henry kaiser would probably agree)

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

satanic splash-back posted:

I put straplocks on too but they're a little pointless if you always have your hands on the neck like that dude :shrug:

Quickscope420dad posted:

it could be useful for beginners but it fucks up a few things when changing between maj/min and besides most folks would rather just learn the songs anyway

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

it could be useful for beginners but it fucks up a few things when changing between maj/min

haha it took only a couple clicks to get it to show a progression with a F##m chord in the key of Gm. good poo poo.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Synonamess Botch posted:

this website is kinda bad. there is nothing interesting about chord progressions that are entirely diatonic.

(this is actually my opinion but henry kaiser would probably agree)

it could be useful for beginners but it fucks up a few things when changing between maj/min and besides most folks would rather just learn the songs anyway

Synonamess Botch posted:

haha it took only a couple clicks to get it to show a progression with a F##m chord in the key of Gm. good poo poo.

The joke was that he could use it to learn to write a really basic song for once rather than just playing sounds to seizure to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
though TBH I think he'd pull a Genesis P. Orridge (of Throbbing Gristle fame) and say "why learn any of the chords?"

• Locked thread