Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

How early in the DLC is Flynn's Ring, and what level should I be to brave it? I don't own the DLC, and so have no point of reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

verybad posted:

Unlock FPS in DSFix settings, set fps cap @ 30, enjoy smooth stable framerates everywhere

Already doing it, please stop suggesting things I have already done. I will never get a stable FPS on a machine that can't meet the Witcher 2's minimum specs.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Does Vendrick need to be alive to talk to him with the ashen mist heart? I want his soul so I can make the ruler's sword but I don't want to miss out on any future content once I've got all the crowns.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Praseodymi posted:

Does Vendrick need to be alive to talk to him with the ashen mist heart? I want his soul so I can make the ruler's sword but I don't want to miss out on any future content once I've got all the crowns.

No, he can be dead.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Jade Mage posted:

How early in the DLC is Flynn's Ring, and what level should I be to brave it? I don't own the DLC, and so have no point of reference.

It's about halfway through. Sunken King seems geared towards people who have just gotten the King's Ring. I'd argue that if you can reliably handle the dragon knights, you shouldn't have any problems except with Jester Thomas. Although things hit hard, they're more susceptible to backstabs and ripostes.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Jade Mage posted:

I killed the Rotten as my last Old One and did the DLC right after np.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
ng+4 no death no bonfire +online status:
1) killed invader in heide
2) invaded in wharf and killed

RIP

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

nintendo65 posted:

I think I'd like this game a lot more if the controls weren't so loving terrible.

Use a gamepad, the keyboard controls are awful garbage.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

THE PENETRATOR posted:

ng+4 no death no bonfire +online status:
1) killed invader in heide
2) invaded in wharf and killed

RIP

Doing it online is an exercise in frustration. I was in Earthen Peak and a guy invaded me twice, killing me. Okay, so let's make it only a no-bonfire run. Then he invaded me a third time so I got pissed and burned an effigy at the bonfire. Yep. Never even used that feature before but the realization I just screwed up my run like that was :shepicide:

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Old Gregg finally beat the game!

Now to clean up the remaining miscellaneous bosses, and then off to NG+.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I like Dark Souls! It's pretty good!

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I hate Dark Souls! It's pretty bad!

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

The geometry of the jump from the bridge to the item right outside the Chariot boss may be the worst spot in the game

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

The Wonder Weapon posted:

The geometry of the jump from the bridge to the item right outside the Chariot boss may be the worst spot in the game

No, the jump to get to the Pharros Lockstone above the 2nd bonfire in Huntsman Copse is because you have to factor in the roll.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Tae posted:

No, the jump to get to the Pharros Lockstone above the 2nd bonfire in Huntsman Copse is because you have to factor in the roll.

If you do a drop attack, you don't roll.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jumping to it is fine, it's jumping back that you have to be careful about. If you jump straight on towards the bridge you'll roll right off the other side.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

CJacobs posted:

They can't have you fight human Vendrick, because then hollow Vendrick won't have been in the crypt when you got there the first time because you killed him.

I mean, I guess they could have you fight him and not actually win because he survives, but that'd be lame.
You kill Giant Lord and Last Giant on separate occasions in spite of them being the same dude. Memories are some magical bullshit. You can even bring them back to life by burning a glowy orange thing only to kill them again

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

With regards to the above posts about powerstancing daggers, can you still parry with them powerstanced if the left is a parrying dagger? Or am I going to be micromanaging my parries?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jade Mage posted:

With regards to the above posts about powerstancing daggers, can you still parry with them powerstanced if the left is a parrying dagger? Or am I going to be micromanaging my parries?

When powerstancing, your right-hand weapon keeps its regular moveset, so if that moveset contains a parry you can parry.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Tae posted:

I used to think this too, until on NG+ I realized you can just drop onto it from the bridge above.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Wow these upcoming DLC spells are crazy, please nerf these before release From.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA-SQphiVd0

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Proposition Joe posted:

Wow these upcoming DLC spells are crazy, please nerf these before release From.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA-SQphiVd0

lol

That's made by editing the bullet data so poo poo spawns other crazy poo poo.

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgZ36ftBqqE

This guy makes the most amazing loving videos holy poo poo

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

That's how White Dragon Breath worked in DS1. The beam projectile itself did nothing except call in ice shard projectiles that went along the ground and did the actual damage.

Only, from what I've been told, bullet data edits actually show up online this time (which is why I never did anything with them). That is absolutely insane to me, because you could very easily crash someone by spawning endless projectiles whereas you (mostly) couldn't in DS1.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Aug 19, 2014

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Genocyber posted:

That was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009
While we're on the video train, check out this guy's new invasion build. A real eye opener, this one!

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Genocyber posted:

lol

That's made by editing the bullet data so poo poo spawns other crazy poo poo.

You really think someone would do that? Hack Dark Souls?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Genocyber posted:

This is amazing. I lost it at the 'spinach'.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Batigh posted:

While we're on the video train, check out this guy's new invasion build. A real eye opener, this one!

This is amazing. I'm glad that people with those kinds of PvP skills are using their powers for good.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Made a PVP video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPq0SvhU2vA

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Not sure if it's been posted yet but the pre-DLC maint is the day before the official release this time, so no one will be running around in the DLC for an entire weekend before it actually comes out. :rolleyes:

quote:

- Dark Souls II Server Maintenance:August 25 -
This message is to inform you that Dark Souls II online servers will be unavailable
due to maintenance during the following period:

Playstation3&STEAM:
August 25th 4:00pm - 7:00pm JST
August 25th 7:00am - 10:00am GMT
August 25th 3:00am - 6:00am EDT
August 25th 0:00am - 3:00am PDT

- Xbox 360:
August 25th 4:00pm - 8:00pm JST
August 25th 7:00am - 11:00am GMT
August 25th 3:00am - 7:00am EDT
August 25th 0:00am - 4:00am PDT

Thank you for playing Dark Souls II!

They haven't updated the patch notes from the July 18th patch yet.

e: uh huh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F999EMsGzVw

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 19, 2014

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I feel like trying out lances because I always thought they looked a bit lovely but maybe I was wrong, how soulcrushing and/or annoying is it to farm the Heide Greatlance? Can you get it from Ascetics only or do you actually have to go to NG+ first?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
The drops are most likely to be weapons on the first go. NG+ is when they start dropping armor and then random drop of weapon. Shouldn't be too hard to get the lance because I tend to kill all 3 and they each give me their unique weapon.

I think the one in the Shrine of Winter gives you the Lance.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Aug 19, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

turtlecrunch posted:

Not sure if it's been posted yet but the pre-DLC maint is the day before the official release this time, so no one will be running around in the DLC for an entire weekend before it actually comes out. :rolleyes:

They haven't updated the patch notes from the July 18th patch yet.

e: uh huh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F999EMsGzVw

That sucks :(

RabidWeasel posted:

I feel like trying out lances because I always thought they looked a bit lovely but maybe I was wrong, how soulcrushing and/or annoying is it to farm the Heide Greatlance? Can you get it from Ascetics only or do you actually have to go to NG+ first?

Even if you're on a Faith build, I'd suggest getting a Grand Lance and infusing it with lightning. It's about as good and doesn't involve random drops.

Shindragon posted:

The drops are most likely to be weapons on the first go. NG+ is when they start dropping armor and then random drop of weapon. Shouldn't be too hard to get the lance because I tend to kill all 3 and they each give me their unique weapon.

I think the one in the Shrine of Winter gives you the Lance.

He's asking about the Greatlance, which is a random drop from the Shrine of Winter one only.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think that one drops another regular Heide Lance in NG so you'd have to use an ascetic and hope for the best.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Genocyber posted:

Even if you're on a Faith build, I'd suggest getting a Grand Lance and infusing it with lightning. It's about as good and doesn't involve random drops.

But then I can't do RoB Flynn's Oath Leo Ring for gigantic counter hits, if I'm going to use the dumb thing I might as well make the most out of its one gimmick :v:

I'll probably just go for a quality Grand Lance if the greatlance is too annoying to farm.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Sunbroing Smelter Demon with my Gyrm's Shield and Redeye ring has made me the most popular girl at the ball. Everyone with a mic sounds super pumped to see me pop up. Am I eventually going to hit a soul memory level where I can't help bad people with bosses anymore?

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Professor Wayne posted:

Sunbroing Smelter Demon with my Gyrm's Shield and Redeye ring has made me the most popular girl at the ball. Everyone with a mic sounds super pumped to see me pop up. Am I eventually going to hit a soul memory level where I can't help bad people with bosses anymore?

The great thing about DaS2 is that you won't ever run out of bad people to help. But if SM is your concern, you can always just CE it back to a place where you feel comfortable and get lots of summons.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Who was that dude that got hellbanned in game? I'm wondering about just CEing in a whole buncha cracked red eye, but I don't want to gently caress my account.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Who was that dude that got hellbanned in game? I'm wondering about just CEing in a whole buncha cracked red eye, but I don't want to gently caress my account.

You can buy cracked red eyes in NG+ for 10k a piece. As far as editing cracked orbs, just do it offline I guess. From what I've been told theres no actual cheating detection in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Iretep posted:

You can buy cracked red eyes in NG+ for 10k a piece. As far as editing cracked orbs, just do it offline I guess. From what I've been told theres no actual cheating detection in this game.

Yeah as soon as I posted this I went and looked up that they're infinite in NG+. Good enough I suppose!