Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Fathis Munk posted:

Yes that is exactly his hack. He just invites people to bars to have a couple friendly drinks. I'm not sure why no one else ever thought of that :shrug:

Don't forget that puppet master bullshit in randomly changing venue and the inflated sense of importance.
No idea why they might have had a failed marriage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Sad lions posted:

Don't forget that puppet master bullshit in randomly changing venue and the inflated sense of importance.
No idea why they might have had a failed marriage.

The inflated sense of importance, yes, but changing venues is sometimes just "Let's not go to the same place every week"

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Memento posted:

I think that was a gamecube, and it ended up costing him one of his fingats.

Can the crowd get a link to this?

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Morpheus posted:

The inflated sense of importance, yes, but changing venues is sometimes just "Let's not go to the same place every week"

Huh, somehow I managed to read that as "set up a meeting place then change it to keep things interesting".

I am on the ball about that lady piss pants guide being really loving mental though, right?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Totally, everyone know the fetish fad is diapers. Hell, call it a new life hack - no more long lines at the club bathrooms, just piss wet yourself while grinding against someone else

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Ladies and Germs,

Strap yourselves in because the fun train is chugging along this Friday evening...or is it? It is! What a better way to round out the quarter than with a buck-and-a-quarter Coronas at Chili's!!! Those Coronas should help combat the heat as we transition into the much-awaited spring--but watch where you step, gang, because where there's spring, there's bloomING ONIONS HALF OFF!

What: Funtown Drinkie Station
Where: Chili's On 2nd
When: 5:30PM-???
Who: Too many babes, need more bros so I can put them before hoes (jk jk)

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Rad Tad posted:

Ladies and Germs,

Strap yourselves in because the fun train is chugging along this Friday evening...or is it? It is! What a better way to round out the quarter than with a buck-and-a-quarter Coronas at Chili's!!! Those Coronas should help combat the heat as we transition into the much-awaited spring--but watch where you step, gang, because where there's spring, there's bloomING ONIONS HALF OFF!

What: Funtown Drinkie Station
Where: Chili's On 2nd
When: 5:30PM-???
Who: Too many babes, need more bros so I can put them before hoes (jk jk)

You missed an opportunity to work your av in there, Rad.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

Sad lions posted:

Huh, somehow I managed to read that as "set up a meeting place then change it to keep things interesting".

I am on the ball about that lady piss pants guide being really loving mental though, right?

No Sad lions. Everyone here is into it except you. You're the weird one and we think you should leave. :colbert:

The F Plus (terrible things read with enthusiasm) did a Wikihow episode which mentioned it, to similar bafflement and the conclusion that this must be someone's :wtc: fetish page.

Link to F Plus

Doubtful Guest has a new favorite as of 21:29 on Aug 19, 2014

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Rick_Hunter posted:

You missed an opportunity to work your av in there, Rad.

More importantly I hosed up and didn't look for a blooming onion av.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

TVarmy posted:

Never mind! Wikihow had my back and now I can perform a courtesy pee. It's NSFW if your boss is a weirdo who hates tasteful sketches of women urinating through their panties.

The best lifehack of the thread is in the Warnings section: "Courtesy peeing can be addictive. If you don't want to find yourself addicted to peeing through your underwear, DON'T START."

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

pandaK posted:

Can the crowd get a link to this?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3417598

It might be a bad idea to read that thread at work. #lifehack

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

quote:

http://www.instructables.com/id/LifeHacks-1/

This is a simple way to make a shelf only using pushpins. It looks great and its much better than having to install shelf to your wall. And it is less expensive.

So you can support things vertically with thumb tacks, huh? The guide is full of awkward and near-broken English mixed with twee nerd speak.

Hmm, maybe I was looking at the Instructable's B-team guides. Let's try a more popular guide for better household hints!

http://www.instructables.com/id/The-Mayo-Clinic-9-unusual-uses-for-mayonnaise

A guide by an established user who is also a mod!

This should be good! Mayonnaise is kinda :barf:, but if you put it on grilled cheese sandwiches it browns better than butter. And it is great on burgers.

Um...

Uh...

If you did the previous tips, I could see how mayonnaise would get your wife to remove your ring.

Best I can tell, this was made as a true guide and not a parody thing? Half of these tips just sound like good ways to get a wretched case of acne.

SineRider
Oct 10, 2012

Come on die young
Clean your lovely toilet with coke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U22suBkohC4

moochbody
Sep 29, 2006
my goo; my precious goo

TVarmy posted:

Mayo-hax

You can actually use mayonnaise to make cookies. I went on supercook.com, where you can input food you have lying around your kitchen, outputting recipes which require only those ingredients. Mayonnaise can act as a replacement for eggs, apparently.

Here's an example of the mayo cookies. They are a bit tangy from the vinegar but not that bad...

Obviously this is a silly lifehack because eggs are cheap, just buy some bloody eggs

Newt King
Apr 14, 2008

Her milk is my shit
My shit is her milk

Surely they mean "Do coke before cleaning your toilet"? That toilet would be loving sparkling.

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

moochbody posted:

You can actually use mayonnaise to make cookies. I went on supercook.com, where you can input food you have lying around your kitchen, outputting recipes which require only those ingredients. Mayonnaise can act as a replacement for eggs, apparently.

Here's an example of the mayo cookies. They are a bit tangy from the vinegar but not that bad...

Obviously this is a silly lifehack because eggs are cheap, just buy some bloody eggs

Hack your life into pieces, use mayo in chocolate torte.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

Tweet Me Balls posted:

Emulsification, no kneading, gluten free 'cause my guts don't like wheat in.

this is my faddish torte

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Some say mayonnaise is also good on food products but why use it for that when you can make your hair look like a greasy disgusting mess?

Tweet Me Balls posted:

Vindolanda posted:

Emulsification, no kneading, gluten free 'cause my guts don't like wheat in.

this is my faddish torte

:thurman: / :cripes:

logical fallacy
Mar 16, 2001

Dynamic Symmetry
Would it be wrong would it be right
if I subbed some Hellman's Light?
Chances are, that I might.
Miracle Whip is outta sight
and I'm contemplating Vegemite.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
All my friends who are parents have used mayonnaise at some point as part of their child(ren)'s delousing ritual. Thanks for telling me about that, everyone, and no, I don't want a tuna sandwich. Ever.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

AlbieQuirky posted:

All my friends who are parents have used mayonnaise at some point as part of their child(ren)'s delousing ritual. Thanks for telling me about that, everyone, and no, I don't want a tuna sandwich. Ever.

How much soda do you use to clean your avatar?

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

AlbieQuirky posted:

How many people do you know with children who had lice...?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

AlbieQuirky posted:

At least they're not using loving gasoline like that lady from Iowa.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Why can't these assholes use permethrin like normal people? Shits specifically designed to slaughter bugs (and poor little kitties) without harming people.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

FrumpleOrz posted:

How many people do you know with children who had lice...?

Send your kid to an overcrowded, underfunded public school and he or she will probably come home with lice at least once. All it takes is for the dirty kid to hang his coat next to your kid's and you get to spend an hour or so putting poo poo in his or her hair to get rid of the lice while you re-wash all the bedding and clothes he or she came into contact with in the last few days.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

You mean a midly acidic carbonated liquid cleaned some loose dirty crap off the inside of your shiny clean toilet bowl? WELL ILL NEVER.

Also my stomach is literally a toilet, come at me ladies.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Send your kid to an overcrowded, underfunded public school and he or she will probably come home with lice at least once. All it takes is for the dirty kid to hang his coat next to your kid's
Head lice have nothing to do with being dirty or what type of school you go to. Although they can survive short periods on clothes or furniture they don't jump or fly and generally spread directly from hair to hair, and kids playing together get pretty close. That's why they're far more common in children, and two coats hanging next to each other are not a likely way for them to spread.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Tiggum posted:

Head lice have nothing to do with being dirty or what type of school you go to. Although they can survive short periods on clothes or furniture they don't jump or fly and generally spread directly from hair to hair, and kids playing together get pretty close. That's why they're far more common in children, and two coats hanging next to each other are not a likely way for them to spread.

No you see only poor kids whose parent's can't afford to send them to a real school get lice.

Lauren
Apr 13, 2002
The fucking whipshit of all fucking shitter-bongers
Or the people who are too poor or stupid or neglectful to buy actual lice treatment for their kids' hair, bedding, etc. are spreading it to others.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

AlbieQuirky posted:

I've heard of using mayonnaise to get gum out of hair (peanut butter works too, or really anything with a lot of oil in it) but never for delousing.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

ninjahedgehog posted:

I've heard of using mayonnaise to get gum out of hair (peanut butter works too, or really anything with a lot of oil in it) but never for delousing.

It's pretty much used to try and suffocate the lice, though there are actually things to do that, and there's no real proof mayonnaise works as well as them or even at all. Suffocants (or applying heat) work better than the OTC shampoos, since most of them have been found to be not terribly effective or just out right do nothing even when the instructions are followed.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Lauren posted:

Or the people who are too poor or stupid or neglectful to buy actual lice treatment for their kids' hair, bedding, etc. are spreading it to others.

Yep, that's how me and my brother got lice as kids. My best friends little sister and brother perpetually had love because their parents never did an adequate job picking out all the eggs and poo poo. We did wind up using olive oil to help suffocate the lice as this was like...twelve years ago? It actually worked wonders, though my mom said if we ever got it again she would shave our heads.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
If your child gets lice, flush it down the toilet with coke to keep your doodoo throne nice and sparkling. It will stay cleaner much longer now that you no longer have dirty children making a mess in there, and you already switched to just courtesy peeing in your pants.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Thanks for the headlice chat goons, now my head is itching all over ffs.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Toriori posted:

My best friends little sister and brother perpetually had love

Good lord, the worst we get up to is kissing our cousins 'round here. Where the hell did you grow up? :stare:

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

TVarmy posted:

Um...

Uh...

Best I can tell, this was made as a true guide and not a parody thing? Half of these tips just sound like good ways to get a wretched case of acne.

Mayonnaise is actually a decent deep conditioner for hair - Mainly because of the ingredients. Oils and eggs are really good for your hair! I'm not sure how good the rest of it is, but it's a pretty commonly recommended/known cheap/easy deep conditioning treatment.

~*~The more you know~*~

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Send your kid to an overcrowded, underfunded public school and he or she will probably come home with lice at least once. All it takes is for the dirty kid to hang his coat next to your kid's and you get to spend an hour or so putting poo poo in his or her hair to get rid of the lice while you re-wash all the bedding and clothes he or she came into contact with in the last few days.

Lice prefer clean hair. And they have been absolutely epidemic in New England and New York in the past few years, including in the fanciest private schools.

loving lice. So gross.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Atasnaya Vaflja posted:

Mayonnaise is actually a decent deep conditioner for hair - Mainly because of the ingredients. Oils and eggs are really good for your hair! I'm not sure how good the rest of it is, but it's a pretty commonly recommended/known cheap/easy deep conditioning treatment.

~*~The more you know~*~

Downside: yo hair smell like a club sandwich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

Phy posted:

Downside: yo hair smell like a club sandwich

Upside: If you're a chubby chaser, they'll come running waddling after your luxurious scent.