Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Rent-A-Cop posted:

It hurts, it makes it tough to see, you gag a lot. It is not incapacitating. Seriously every one of these pussy rear end coward cops who can't just take a stabbing like a man gets sprayed in the face, shoots a target, and then wrestles a guy to the ground as part of training. And they are obviously huge coward girlymen so regular people could probably do even better.

man look at superman here, i but rent-a-cop could walk through clouds of teargas while being tased without a hitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ron Jeremy posted:

Also why were the cops in lunging distance of a guy with a knife.

Maybe they were trying to talk him down.

Or maybe they were just putting themselves in "kill range" for a justified shooting.

nebby
Dec 21, 2000
resident mog

Frosted Flake posted:

Is that how American police see tazers?? In Canada, tazers and less-lethal weapons are an alternative to firearms, and not to force compliance. Hitting someone with enough electricity to stop their heart, because they are "defiant" is an institutional failure of policing. Tazers aren't harmless.
Yup. If you dont comply with an officers orders particularly if you are wielding a weapon and are not dropping it I am pretty sure you can expect to get tazed.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Flectarn posted:

you sound a bit too whiny to be a cop.
I'm not a cop. I'm not even a kindergarten teacher.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Internet Webguy posted:

All it takes for goons to side with a fascist police state is the likelihood of an officer getting cut with a knife.

Delightful.

I think you have to realize like I did a few pages back some people just want to debate, even if they don't agree.
Like if you just read it you'll catch on, it goes from one assumption to the entire polar opposite assumption.

He may have been harmless and mentally challenged cutting up hams for homeless children.
He could have been a trained ninja aiming for arteries.

Fact is it happened.
As to this escalating violence this one doesn't work simply due to the knife, it's unrelated but it does give reason as to why this shouldn't be happening any longer.
I mean he had a knife but no one said he was a member of the protests or anything, if anything this being international news has caused it more harm then good.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Frosted Flake posted:

Is that how American police see tazers?? In Canada, tazers and less-lethal weapons are an alternative to firearms, and not to force compliance.

I watched my cousin get tased on his birthday. It was after midnight, some people from his birthday party drove to the store for more beer, the state police pulled them over about 2 houses down on their way back.

He walked over (drunk) to the cop car to see what was going on they told him to stay in his yard, he kept walking towards them, they asked him again, he kept walking, they pulled out a taser, he kept walking, they fired the taser, and it put him down. They threw him in the car and let him out in the morning.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

HE4T posted:

Multiple ways to look at a situation but unless you are there in their shoes stop calling them murderers and other sensationalist buzzwords.

But the poster you quoted hasn't called them murderers or other sensationalist buzzwords.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

zen death robot posted:

Since a knife is several orders of magnitude less dangerous than a gun

I don't think this is true when it comes to self defense.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

Muscle Tracer posted:

Neither do suburban cops like Darren Wilson :)

Neither do, let's just say, the two cops who managed to kill a mentally ill man with a knife. I love how "crazy dude with a knife" got turned into "A GANG OF HEAVILY ARMED THUGS" in an attempt to justify this poo poo.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If a cop has both a gun and a taser he could confuse the two.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

McDowell posted:

This has happened.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BART_Police_shooting_of_Oscar_Grant#Taser_confusion

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

McDowell posted:

And then only be convicted of involuntary manslaughter when he executes someone instead of just torturing them!

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

McDowell posted:

not if he was trained properly.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

McDowell posted:

This was the excuse used when an officer shot and killed a dude on the subway in California.

E: F;B

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

HE4T posted:

but was approaching within feet of officers wielding a knife in a manner suggesting he was going to try and stabb them. You trust your 1 shot tazer or gun in this situation?

a cop is literally never justified in using lethal force unless he is already dead, hope this helps.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Rent-A-Cop posted:

I'm not a cop. I'm not even a kindergarten teacher.

Don't worry, I didn't think you were a cop either.

fknlo posted:

No, I'm pretty sure you an objectively make a statement that a gun is more dangerous than a knife in pretty much every circumstance. Even at close quarters, I'd say a handgun is more dangerous than a knife, given an equal level of skill in both opponents. Now, if you have a highly trained knife fighter versus an average citizen, the odds would change. Similarly, if you have a crazy person with a knife versus a skilled marksman who has undergone hours and hours of training, the gun would still be more dangerous I think you get my poit

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

fknlo posted:

yeah, ever since they nerfed guns back in the 5th edition

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Cuntpunch posted:

I love how "crazy dude with a knife" got turned into "A GANG OF HEAVILY ARMED THUGS" in an attempt to justify this poo poo.

Except it didn't and doesn't have to. If the guy was that close and was coming in like he was about to stab someone, that's pretty solid justification in itself, unless you expect them to wait for the knife to go in before they consider this a serious situation.

HE4T
Aug 29, 2011

Internet Webguy posted:

Wouldn't this actually increase their popularity among the police? Or are they specifically reserved for old white people?

No more specifically obease people that might already have heart conditions due to years of eating Cheetos and mountain dew 6 packs everyday. This way they can eliminate them from the gene pool and enable the NWO conspiracy for population control and have the one true leader Alex Jones take charge of America.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Pead posted:

But the poster you quoted hasn't called them murderers or other sensationalist buzzwords.

I do have a problem with officers belligerently creating situations where deadly force is "justified".

Like this officer who was never charged:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et8J8sUNa3c

8 seconds between the officer's first verbal command and shots fired.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

HE4T posted:

No more specifically obease people that might already have heart conditions due to years of eating Cheetos and mountain dew 6 packs everyday. This way they can eliminate them from the gene pool and enable the NWO conspiracy for population control and have the one true leader Alex Jones take charge of America.

poo poo, you mean everyone on this forum is being profiled?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Internet Webguy posted:

This was the excuse used when an officer shot and killed a dude on the subway in California.

I know, I was referencing the Oscar Grant case.

Beyond dash and body cams are gunsight cameras a possibility? It could be mounted on the side or underneath the muzzle and be set up to take a bunch of shots when the trigger is pulled. I would imagine vibration/heat/muzzle flash would cause some issues though.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

McDowell posted:

I know, I was referencing the Oscar Grant case.

Beyond dash and body cams are gunsight cameras a possibility? It could be mounted on the side or underneath the muzzle and be set up to take a bunch of shots when the trigger is pulled. I would imagine vibration/heat/muzzle flash would cause some issues though.

I mean I guess you could but why bother. :psyduck:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Fox News is currently running pieces about looting and crying over it all.

THE REAL VICTIMS ARE THOSE BOTTLES OF BOOZE THAT GOT STOLEN!!

Flectarn
May 29, 2013

HE4T posted:

lol wtf are you talking about you flailing retard?

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Yardbomb posted:

Except it didn't and doesn't have to. If the guy was that close and was coming in like he was about to stab someone, that's pretty solid justification in itself, unless you expect them to wait for the knife to go in before they consider this a serious situation.

PuTTY riot posted:

a cop is literally never justified in using lethal force unless he is already dead, hope this helps.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
Officers shooting a man coming at them w/ a knife might be understandable in a vacuum. This is not a vacuum. In the context of ridiculous militarization, zero trigger discipline, and generally insane response the police, it stands out as yet another thing the cops are doing wrong.

They seriously need to clear the Keystone Cops completely out and arrest Wilson.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

I agree, the only good cop IS a dead cop.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

FuzzySkinner posted:

Fox News is currently running pieces about looting and crying over it all.

THE REAL VICTIMS ARE THOSE BOTTLES OF BOOZE THAT GOT STOLEN!!

I think it's pretty hosed up how the police stood in riot/swat gear by and watched as looters destroyed the livelihoods of those business owners, actually.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

PuTTY riot posted:

this but etc. :smilie:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

PuTTY riot posted:

I think it's pretty hosed up how the police stood in riot/swat gear by and watched as looters destroyed the livelihoods of those business owners, actually.

I don't actually disagree with that.

Sums up how hosed up the police presence has been as a whole during the whole thing.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Petey posted:

They seriously need to clear the Keystone Cops completely out and arrest Wilson.

This would end the protests instantly. But it would also set a precedent of some semblance of legal accountability for murdering people, which is why they can't allow it.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
Maybe we can compromise somehow. Like, what if all cops need to get one of their eyes removed and replaced with a camera-eye. But the camera eye is also a laser pointer that they are allowed to use to permanently blind suspects.

This seems really fair actually.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Petey posted:

Officers shooting a man coming at them w/ a knife might be understandable in a vacuum. This is not a vacuum. In the context of ridiculous militarization, zero trigger discipline, and generally insane response the police, it stands out as yet another thing the cops are doing wrong.

This is a different PD, but I agree all of Ferguson PD deserves to be taken down

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Lawman 0 posted:

I mean I guess you could but why bother. :psyduck:

One cop argument is that 'a camera doesn't tell the whole story' but multiple cameras capturing an incident at multiple angles defeat that. A camera-equipped gun as standard issue would be even harder to tamper with than a dash or body cam. Covering up the lens would be obvious fuckery.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Berke Negri posted:

This is a different PD, but I agree all of Ferguson PD deserves to be taken down

i think anyone w/ half a brain agrees w/ this.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

McDowell posted:

A camera-equipped gun

does this even exist? woudl the officer have to remember to charge his gun every night?

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Slanderer posted:

Maybe we can compromise somehow. Like, what if all cops need to get one of their eyes removed and replaced with a camera-eye. But the camera eye is also a laser pointer that they are allowed to use to permanently blind suspects.

This seems really fair actually.

and awesome

HE4T
Aug 29, 2011

bassguitarhero posted:

This would end the protests instantly. But it would also set a precedent of some semblance of legal accountability for murdering people, which is why they can't allow it.

You mean arrest him before multiple independent investigations are completed? Drama much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

bassguitarhero posted:

You are paranoid and delusional.

• Locked thread