Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Samizdata posted:

And how did you miss he's 1/97000000000000000000th Native American? He knows the feels that come with oppression. It is in his racial memory.

That was why he shed one single tear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

jodai posted:

That was why he shed one single tear.

No, that was because someone dropped a candy bar wrapper and didn't pick it up.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

Samizdata posted:

No, that was because someone dropped a candy bar wrapper and didn't pick it up.

That only happens with Italians

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Vindolanda posted:

This is pretty great.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Vindolanda posted:

Holy gently caress I love these forums.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Vindolanda posted:

My family came from Naples. I went back to visit my grandpa and holy poo poo is that city a wreck.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Aubergine Mage posted:

My family came from Naples. I went back to visit my grandpa and holy poo poo is that city a wreck.

you missed :thejoke:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Eyes_Cody

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Holy poo poo that went so over my head. :smith:

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Crossposting from lifehack thread: what do to after you get divorced.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Rad Tad posted:

Crossposting from lifehack thread: what do to after you get divorced.

I'm so confused. Outside of being a selective dick, isn't this just what friends do...? What does this have to do with being divorced?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Lblitzer posted:

I'm so confused. Outside of being a selective dick, isn't this just what friends do...? What does this have to do with being divorced?

But you see he made a different woman cry so he has his revenge on his divorced wife now...??

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Lblitzer posted:

As their Friend/Manager, they needed to let someone (me) know if they were ok and using a personal day.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Lblitzer posted:

just a little taste of the lifehack thread

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Decrepus posted:

As their Friend/Manager, they needed to let someone (me) know if they were ok and using a personal day.

*puts frowny face sticker on attendance chat* okay, but one more unexcused absence and you're going to need to recruit two more friends to cover your slack. Men only please, way too many women hanging off my dillz as it is.

Imaduck
Apr 16, 2007

the magnetorotational instability turns me on

Tunicate posted:

Manager: “[Customer]! Why did you just hit my cashier?!”
Manager: “Get out of my store! This is the third time you’ve done this! Do not come back!”
I want to go to this store. I can slap whoever I want, and as long as I only do it twice, I won't be kicked out! They don't even call the cops.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Honestly from what I know of retail and services I can easily see this one happening.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

And it's pretty cool the King of France is so down-to-earth that he eats pizza, just like us!

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
Isn't that literally what "The customer is always right" actually means?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Mr. Belpit posted:

Yeah that's a pretty dumb fake story, the whole point of "the customer is always right" is that you have to eat poo poo and please the customer even when you know they're being assholes. Not that literally the customer is always right.

So many layers of stupid in that story

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

I'm guessing it was posted here in response to the lifehack story earlier for fitting the theme of treating incredibly mundane stuff as noteworthy revelations.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Rad Tad posted:

And it's pretty cool the King of France is so down-to-earth that he eats pizza, just like us!

Yeah and I hear the king of Spain makes it.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Toriori posted:

Yeah and I hear the king of Spain makes it.

Now he eats humble pie

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Mr. Belpit posted:

"The customer is always right" was a Marshall Fields slogan a hundred years ago. The only people who ever say it these days are customers who want to poo poo on front-facing employees - them, and Not Always Right retail fanfic authors.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Besesoth posted:

"The customer is always right" was a Marshall Fields slogan a hundred years ago. The only people who ever say it these days are customers who want to poo poo on front-facing employees - them, and Not Always Right retail fanfic authors.

Last time I had to do customer service training, it had been updated to "The customer is always right, except if they're harassing or proposing you*."

So yeah there's still people using that unironically.

(*We will side with the customer when investigating)

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Aubergine Mage posted:

Holy poo poo that went so over my head. :smith:

It's still relevant because the sanitation industry in Italy is so hosed right now it's not even funny.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I'll have you know I am a gamer and therefore possess intellectual superpowers. Fear me, female.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

quote:

This is why I don't work the day shift.
"If a customer sees this guy, the store is hosed."

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Anybody that works in retail and lives by the saying "the customer is always right" is a massive jobsworth fag, in this posters opinion.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Now he eats humble pie

This makes me so, so happy.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Paladinus posted:

I'll have you know I am a gamer and therefore possess intellectual superpowers. Fear me, female.

This probably really happened but this guy is just a giant rear end in a top hat. Someone tries to make small talk with him and he starts yelling at them. Then his boss laughs but it's a nervous laugh where he's not sure if the guy is going to flip out even more.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Paladinus posted:

Because of NAR, all I can think of is the girl saying "Oh my god, you play [popular mobile video game]?" She might(might) have been trying to weed in an "I play that too" conversation starter there. Too bad he layed down those sick negs too early. Guess he's out of the friend squad.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Yes, I have a feeling that his boss was laughing at him, while his colleague just couldn't understand his reaction to innocent small talk.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Excuse me, ma'am, but I can't have you buzzing in my ear while I need to concentrate on this slide puzzle so I can see the naked girl underneath

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Now I must tend to my games. They get lonely without me, you see.

Imaduck
Apr 16, 2007

the magnetorotational instability turns me on

Paladinus posted:

I don't even understand this persecution complex. It's loving 2014. You're a weirdo if you don't play games on your phone.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Imaduck posted:

I don't even understand this persecution complex. It's loving 2014. You're a weirdo if you don't play games on your phone.

But you see, those pesky broads are only interested in dresses and jewelry. They can never appreciate a man of reason.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Imaduck posted:

Or old. Or an old weirdo.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Something tells me this didn't happen exactly the way we're told it did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Bargearse posted:

Something tells me this didn't happen exactly the way we're told it did.

'Bless you, motherfucker.'
'You're going to the principal's office this instant, young lady!'

• Locked thread