Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Lowtax posted:

I guess I too am a moron because I don't think making fun of somebody for having cancer is particularly funny, but maybe that's just because my mom has incurable leukemia

my mom had breast cancer some years ago. i can't imagine what your situation feels like. it was scary as hell when it happened with my mom even though she got better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Fathis Munk posted:

What ? did you ever see youtube/twitter comments on female game devs/journalists/whatever. People get loving mad at them and there are deffo rape/death threats.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

rainy day posted:

if tb had gotten rear end cancer abruptly or not been able to afford medical care it wouldn't be funny but what happened instead was he decided the blood literally coming out of his rear end wasn't important enough to go see a doctor for

see, gossip is fun!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Lowtax posted:

I guess I too am a moron because I don't think making fun of somebody for having cancer is particularly funny, but maybe that's just because my mom has incurable leukemia
heh yeah it's almost as if we're mostly unfunny bitter assholes in this forum or something!

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

That doxxing might be fake, but I'm pretty loving drat sure this is still and actual problem in these spheres cause gamers are loving terrible. No other way to put it.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

argondamn posted:

pretty sure this isn't actually a thing

The community manager for mighty number 9 literally got death and rape threats because she drew the main character of the game as a girl in a fan art and she posted something about not playing megaman in the past.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

a hole-y ghost posted:

heh yeah it's almost as if we're mostly unfunny bitter assholes in this forum or something!

it's hard to imagine what something feels like if it hasn't happened to you. but it's hard to fault other people for it too much when i know i'm guilty of it as well

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Aug 19, 2014

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

Hace posted:

see, gossip is fun!

this is what totalbiscuit said about himself

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

rainy day posted:

this is what totalbiscuit said about himself

He gave the internet the okay to make fun of his butt cancer. It's a rare opportunity really most of the other cancers are inherently morbid however butt cancer has the word butt in it.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Minorkos posted:

man i was really upset when he cancelled fez 2 a month after it was announced. i felt really bad about all the bad things i said to phil fish on twitter, and regretted all of it. but alas, it was too late as phil fish had already made up his mind

Fish is an utter turd and that's one of the many reasons why I have refused to buy fez.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Fathis Munk posted:

That doxxing might be fake, but I'm pretty loving drat sure this is still and actual problem in these spheres cause gamers are loving terrible. No other way to put it.

And clearly, Zoe's doing a bang-up job at fixing those problems.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
It's sad that Chex Quest is more insightful and fun then Depression Quest.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Al Borland posted:

Fish is an utter turd and that's one of the many reasons why I have refused to buy fez.

I got it in a bundle, still haven't gotten around to it. Also yeah he's a turd but an entertaining turd.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

i decided not to get fez after my most respected games journalism site slammed it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Ifue2xGFY

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

a hole-y ghost posted:

i decided not to get fez after my most respected games journalism site slammed it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Ifue2xGFY

How many devs are they loving though ? You can't do games journalism without that.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

id laugh if i got fart cancer. probably not rear end cancer since thats already played out by tb

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

big duck equals goose posted:

It's sad that Chex Quest is more insightful and fun then Depression Quest.

I remember getting that game as a kid. IT was basically doom for young children.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

John Kruk posted:

Did someone say gross chick with a fedora?

:nws:http://imgur.com/a/vvidp:nws:
The most offensive things about this photo set are actually the crap photography and art direction. The photographer can't compose a shot properly most of the time, the lighting is flat and unimpressive, the model should not be wearing pinstripe everything.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

jesus christ, some people should kill themselves when they go bald, sorry but it's true

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Well that lasted long

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

I like TotalBiscuit. I liked his LP with Lowtax on that one Manwitch game.

But as a lady, my opinion of game-related stuff doesn't count until I dye my hair stupid and put on cats-eye glasses and pierce a bunch of things, so brb, gonna take care of that.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Secks Cauldron posted:

The most offensive things about this photo set are actually the crap photography and art direction. The photographer can't compose a shot properly most of the time, the lighting is flat and unimpressive, the model should not be wearing pinstripe everything.

there's not even 69 photos in that album what a travesty

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
this poo poo is stupid and who loving cares

gamers angry about a girl who did thing only because thing was sex they're ten times angrier

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jesus christ gas this loving thread

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

flyboi posted:

Well that lasted long

missionaccomplished.jpg

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Secks Cauldron posted:

im fairly sure these are all essentially selfies, they all look like they were done in a coin operated photo booth (camera on a tripod)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
no one, no one on this planet would care if the person who did this was a dude.

literally no one.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

can someone change my username to Tom T. Hall and give me this av thanks:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

this poo poo is stupid and who loving cares

gamers angry about a girl who did thing only because thing was sex they're ten times angrier

that's the lol: these guys aren't upset she besmirched games journalism (a victimless crime), they're upset she's a slut; if superman got his power from nerd tears when girls have sex, he would be indestructible

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
I just don't understand this crap. Between TB, Kotaku, whatever the gently caress. What ever happened to just looking at metacritic, and buying the loving video game.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I think a bunch of dead elementary kids is more threatening to gamer culture but I guess it was annoying white nerds all along

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

no one, no one on this planet would care if the person who did this was a dude.

literally no one.

I make fun of Phil Fish all the time and he swallowed my cum, just FYI

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

TLG James posted:

I just don't understand this crap. Between TB, Kotaku, whatever the gently caress. What ever happened to just looking at metacritic, and buying the loving video game.

my name is total biscuit and im here to ask and answer one simple question, wtf is an fov slider, and why do i talk about them for 15 minutes in a video instead of say, the actual video game

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

TLG James posted:

Metacrtitic sucks, giving games scores is p dumb and rudimentary and the gaming press and review press as a whole are kinda stupid and lovely, hth.

(not saying TB is better or anything.)

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

my name is total biscuit and im here to ask and answer one simple question, wtf is an fov slider, and why do i talk about them for 15 minutes in a video instead of say, the actual video game

Autism takes it's toll.

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp
just ask your friends if a game is good instead of some youtube idiot

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
if total biscuit reviewed books hed spend half of his review talking about the binding

if he was a movie critic he would discuss how his theater seat was too small for his cancerous rear end

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

slide that thing all the way over to the right and pretend youre playing a heavily armed bipedal frog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

• Locked thread