Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Fathis Munk posted:

CYOA game that is supposed to illustrate what it is to live with depression.

uh just go to a comedy club on open-mic night, jesus christ millenials make this poo poo too complicated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Broand posted:

Didn't she shut down some game jam for women or something.

was that the mountain dew doritos game jam where they kept trying to push the issue of women game designers making teams weaker?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Please continue to post about how you really don't care about subreddit videogame drama, at all, really, but for the ONE point you really want to make

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

Big Beef City posted:

Please continue to post about how you really don't care about subreddit videogame drama, at all, really, but for the ONE point you really want to make

total biscuit has cancer of the anus

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I mean nerds are mad because they're projecting their failed relationships on her basically. Their ex or w/e left them for some other guy because they're autistic neckbeards who ignore them for video games so they're venting their anger on her. IMO

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

rainy day posted:

i dont really give a poo poo about zoe quinn i just want to make fun of total biscuit

Better watch out some TB fan may buy you an avatar of him.

E:
NM its sa someone will buy but not a fan lol.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Al Borland posted:

was that the mountain dew doritos game jam where they kept trying to push the issue of women game designers making teams weaker?

No, this was a new thing. Someone wanted to make a game jam for women to get involved in and have all the proceeds go to charity, and Zoe got offended at the idea of making women work on games for free and doxxed her apparently.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Randarkman posted:

yeah that sounds kind of dumb

e: wonder if depression is gonna be the next stretch goal for star citizen

It's a neat idea imo, I mean it's a good way to use an interactive media to try and illustrate what that could be like though apparently her approach is pretty gimmicky and flawed.

Big Beef City posted:

No one keeps you here you know ? If I feel like shitposting about dumb poo poo, well that's what I'm going to do :shrug:

Broand
Oct 13, 2011

Al Borland posted:

I think it was for charity, women would send their ideas into a competition and the best idea would be made by a dev team.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Fathis Munk posted:

CYOA game that is supposed to illustrate what it is to live with depression.

But actually just a CYOA. Except I'm never going to become the swamp monster.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Jamesman posted:

No, this was a new thing. Someone wanted to make a game jam for women to get involved in and have all the proceeds go to charity, and Zoe got offended at the idea of making women work on games for free and doxxed her apparently.

wow what an rear end in a top hat. Shes definitely hosed Fish.

E:

I was going to say "well at least she destroyed that dewbomination". Sadly no shes just an rear end in a top hat.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Aug 20, 2014

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Al Borland posted:

This was another thing that also involved her but she seemed to have been reasonable in this case.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Akumos posted:

I mean nerds are mad because they're projecting their failed relationships on her basically. Their ex or w/e left them for some other guy because they're autistic neckbeards who ignore them for video games so they're venting their anger on her. IMO

I'd say a fair few people are not to thrilled at the possibility of her faking death threats and being abusive to people tbh.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
http://thezoepost.wordpress.com/2014/08/16/tldr/ just had to link the tl dr version for those not looking to read

they all suck lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Jesus christ gas this loving thread

lol if you think theres worth in the world

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

1gnoirents posted:

http://thezoepost.wordpress.com/2014/08/16/tldr/ just had to link the tl dr version for those not looking to read

they all suck lol

this dude is getting some sweet breakup revenge

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
by they i mean the guy who wrote that, the girl its about, and every dude she hosed (ALLEGEDLY) sucks. not just her, which I might have accidentally implied

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
girls

who run da world

girlz

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Al Borland posted:

wow what an rear end in a top hat. Shes definitely hosed Fish.

It was in that video that was posted earlier. I posted an image of the post above now.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Fathis Munk posted:

It's a neat idea imo, I mean it's a good way to use an interactive media to try and illustrate what that could be like though apparently her approach is pretty gimmicky and flawed.

i don't know, i guess i just think it doesn't really sound too much like a game.

still, wanking off into a phone to save "gaming culture" is much dumber.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

No one keeps you here you know ?

what?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

basically if you buy indie games you dumb

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Randarkman posted:

i don't know, i guess i just think it doesn't really sound too much like a game.

Ooh boy that is another touchy discussion, "what is game". But yeah it's more on the interactive fiction side of things.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

what's max temkin's take on this

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

If you think all of this is dumb and below you you can just not click the link to this thread. Just an idea you know ?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Jamesman posted:

It was in that video that was posted earlier. I posted an image of the post above now.

I've heard Fish tends to be abusive in relationships too so the guy is a real piece of living garbage. I mean honestly I can't fault someone for banging people to advance poo poo. Go for it. But that charity thing is class A rear end in a top hat.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
nerds on a nerd website with an inflated sense of self worth making fun of nerds on another nerd website itt

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Fathis Munk posted:

Ooh boy that is another touchy discussion, "what is game".

its gonna be just opinion and poo poo, which is completely lame when reddit is burning down and total biscuit is making an rear end of himself again (or did i just dream that?)

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

ilikedirt posted:

nerds on a nerd website with an inflated sense of self worth making fun of nerds on another nerd website itt

nerd on a nerd website with an inflated sense of self worth making fun of nerds on a nerd website itp

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ilikedirt posted:

you didn't even mush up your words dude

goatse.cx
Nov 21, 2013

Jamesman posted:

The Fine Young Capitalists

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
video games are NOT art. there products deal w/it b*tchs

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Randarkman posted:

She supposedly made that up. The story goes she lied about her harassment to gain attention for her game and help promote it on Steam Greenlight.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Phil Fish is a French Canadian, Total Biscuit is from Newcastle, and I'm sure Zoe is probably actually from Newfoundland

This is all a plot by the queen to destroy us

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Dely Apple posted:

Phil Fish is a French Canadian, Total Biscuit is from Newcastle, and I'm sure Zoe is probably actually from Newfoundland

This is all a plot by the queen to destroy us

:eyepop:

naem
May 29, 2011

I think it's great that when formerly lifeless, asexual, nerdy quasi-virgins become mildly successful at something and are able to attempt real human relationships of some sort their complete lack of experience and social ability leads to such trashy Maury Povich levels of drama

Especially that a whole new social class of predatory women has evolved to take advantage of said nerds for mild personal gain

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

Big Beef City posted:

you didn't even mush up your words dude

lol ur right. im just mad thgat this thread isnt about reddit actually falling apart but just some nerd drama apparently??? ugh fALSE advertisememt thread title

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
but i guess if theyres anything to be learnt from all dis is if u actually DID want to bring reddit down all u gotta do is gently caress conde nasts ex and the.n post a thread bout it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shas
Jul 27, 2011

ilikedirt posted:

but i guess if theyres anything to be learnt from all dis is if u actually DID want to bring reddit down all u gotta do is gently caress conde nasts ex and the.n post a thread bout it

why is yr plat sign different

edit i didnt read any of this

• Locked thread