Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Also please tell Pat not to watch the one piece anime once they get to impel down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
He really should just read the manga at this point. Where did he says he's gotten to again?

If nothing else, the scanlations are pretty great/decent for chapters starting from Sabaody Archipelago on.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rodyle posted:

Pat may like Rise, but at least he hates Yukari/understands that Kanji's the greatest.

Yea, we can forgive his bad best girl opinions for at least knowing worst girl and best guy.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yukari owns and everyone on this group has bad best girl opinions aside from Matt who is completely right about Sylvia from NMH.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Chie > Naoto > Rise > Yukiko

Kanji >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everyone else

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Invictus knows the score.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Shinjiro is the best P3/4 character

FatSamurai
Jul 7, 2004

Seethe, ye rolling clouds, gather thy stormborn might, and SMITE MINE ENEMY WITH THY UNFETTERED FURY!!!

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Did it get a release in canada?

Even if it didn't there were probably a million different fansubs released by now.

Also I might be the last person on earth who hasn't played Persona because I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's for the best that you don't.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Chie > Naoto > Rise > Yukiko

Kanji >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everyone else

Yes this is correct.

Beef Waifu posted:

Yukari owns and everyone on this group has bad best girl opinions aside from Matt who is completely right about Sylvia from NMH.

When you hang out with Yukari she whines about her dad (which admittedly describes every 3rd social link but oh well), when you hang out with Chie and Naoto you beat people up and solve mysteries.

e: In P3 the only people around your age that are acceptable to hang with are Bebe, Chihiro, and the sports club manager. Everyone in SEES itself sucks. Arena makes Mitsuru and Akihiko pretty good though.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 20, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FatSamurai posted:

Also I might be the last person on earth who hasn't played Persona because I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

It's okay I'm also in that boat. I either just tune out or skip Persona talk. The only persona-related thing I've seen are some of the Giant Bomb endurance run videos.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Weird that no one mentioned the extremely ownage anime robot girl with guns for fingers imo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

Yes this is correct.

When you hang out with Yukari she whines about her dad (which admittedly describes every 3rd social link but oh well), when you hang out with Chie and Naoto you beat people up and solve mysteries.

Yes, but Yukari takes you to the mall to sing karaoke and she is very fashionable. Sorry nerds, you lose at waifu wars this time.

The real answer is we all have lost.

CJacobs posted:

It's okay I'm also in that boat. I either just tune out or skip Persona talk. The only persona-related thing I've seen are some of the Giant Bomb endurance run videos.

Good man.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

straight jerkers posted:

Weird that no one mentioned the extremely ownage anime robot girl with guns for fingers imo

Aigis has a totally generic "I'm a robot but I still have a HUMAN SOUUUUUL" storyline that is then compounded upon by being the center of the titantic turd that is The Answer.

Again, Arena makes her cool though. Maybe Ultimax will even fix Yukari (no it won't)!

e: But again all that REALLY matters is recognizing that Kanji is the real best waifu

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The Giant Bomb Endurance Run of Persona 4 is still one of the best pieces of content they've ever produced, despite making likely over half a year's length of content in total. If you've not watched it, you owe it to yourself to at least watch the non-battle/crafting stuff(even though that stuff has some of the best moments, like Ghoul. Who they kept skipping. And then wound up needing later on)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXW082c_e1w

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
As far as I am concerned or care about, Funky Student is the only Persona character worth a poo poo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's okay, not everyone can have good taste. I guess you just got to the Good Taste Depot too late CJacobs and they were all out of stock. Oh well!!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Sorry my dislike of Persona has personally offended you.

edit: Get it? Persona-lly? Ha ha ha the fun we have on the Something Awful Forums

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't worry Jacobs, I remember the Senran Kagura thread. You're still cool with me, dog.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CJacobs posted:

Sorry my dislike of Persona has personally offended you.
I don't find you offensive. I just find you boring. I hope this helps(HTH) you! :)

Beef Waifu posted:

Don't worry Jacobs, I remember the Senran Kagura thread. You're still cool with me, dog.
Isn't that the thread by The Guy With The Pair Of Tits Avatar that was mostly just people dropping trou and making GBS threads all over him and his creepy game he likes

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Captain Invictus posted:

Isn't that the thread by The Guy With The Pair Of Tits Avatar that was mostly just people dropping trou and making GBS threads all over him and his creepy game he likes

Yeah. It's his prerogative to like the game or not but that doesn't make it not a dumb game either way.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Well you could really say the same thing about any horrible/creepy/pandering game. Such as those XBOX Indie Games they did on SBF, holy crap. Though those don't have nearly the level of polish or exposure as that one does, of course.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I'll be god damned if this breaks down into Persona Waifu thread like the neogaf SBF thread.

So... which Mortal Kombat guy would you want as your waifu? I say Johnny Cage. He seems nice. Liu Kang seems like he wouldn't really need you y'know?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mileena

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Drahmin fought his way into my heart

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Duuuuude, she's gonna razor teeth your dick off!

That being said I also take Mileena.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Lookit how cool Hsu Hao is:

LOOK

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

He looks almost cool enough to be a character in a Raidou Kuzunoha game.

FatSamurai
Jul 7, 2004

Seethe, ye rolling clouds, gather thy stormborn might, and SMITE MINE ENEMY WITH THY UNFETTERED FURY!!!
I haven't played an MK game since 2 so I spent some time looking at the wiki and each game seemed to get more and more bizarre. Why are people getting mad about canon in a game where a four-armed man from another dimension gets punched to death by a completely mundane police officer?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Moreover, why are people getting mad about canon in a game where a guy who does motion capture for the video game he is a part of is sucked into the video game's universe to fight evil demons and gods?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Matt please tell me you plan to do an MK week where you just play MK Mythologies for a week for a week straight for MKX. Or better yet, MK vs DC.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Mortal Kombat is a Mysterious franchise.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Woolie needs to watch Airbender and Pat needs to watch Justice League.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I haven't listened to the latest SBFC but Woolie hasn't watched Avatar: The Last Airbender? Really? One of the best animated TV shows of all time and he's not seen it? Dang son, get on that

And Justice League owns, the "Legends" two-parter is probably my favorite of them all.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Aug 21, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
No, it was mentioned in the latest DS episode.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Pat needs to stop the Sword Art trainwreck and watch something good like Justice League then. There's used copies available on Amazon for like 10 bucks per season and it's among the best of the superhero shows DC produced in the animated universe. If he ever watched the Batman or Superman 90's cartoons, it's every bit as good if not better than those series.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The first season of Justice League sucks, but everything from there on out is good. That being said, I love Pat knowing nothing about superheroes and making GBS threads on DC, he's actually very accurate usually.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

The first season of Justice League sucks, but everything from there on out is good. That being said, I love Pat knowing nothing about superheroes and making GBS threads on DC, he's actually very accurate usually.

The first season? But that's got rad poo poo like Legends, Injustice For All, and The Savage Time. I rewatched the whole series (And Batman Beyond) just recently. The only bad stuff I found in Justice League or Unlimited was Fury (terrible two parter with the evil Amazon) and the kind of week overarching plot of Unlimited S3.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Urgent question - what's the name of that Battle for Everyone's Souls mix that played over the end of the latest podcast. Because it's loving rad and I want it bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Spiritus Nox posted:

Urgent question - what's the name of that Battle for Everyone's Souls mix that played over the end of the latest podcast. Because it's loving rad and I want it bad.

The Bond of Everyone's Souls