Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thaske
May 22, 2005

Cabbages! Knickers! It's not got a beak!
Applied to Goon Squad Two as Thaske.

Edit: And I'm in! Thanks guys.

Thaske fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Aug 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
The Firefall Thread: It is a woman

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Ugh.... Crushed through 5 levels - Level 32 to 37 for my Accord Engineer frame this weekend. I actually got an extra 2 hours of the 25% xp bonus in, as it doesn't automatically expire... instead, I think it only expires under specific circumstances...

So, for the Dreadnaught Bonus XP Week & All Frame Bonus XP Week, let's say you're really trying to crunch those levels, and you want to drag out the bonus past the expiration at 5pm PDT on August 25th, make sure to:

1.) Not Log out once that time has passed.
2.) Not do anything that will transition you to another area (i.e. Going between areas (i.e. Coral Forest to Sertao), Instanced Missions, Melding Tornado Epicenters, etc).

Not doing any of those things should have the bonus continue to stay on you until you're pleased. Keep in mind if your current job bugs out for whatever reason, you can always abandon it at the job board and do another job until it the previous job fixes itself.

Random sidenote: Crystite values for loot, jobs, ares missions really increase past 33. I made like ~40-50k crystite this weekend without even doing BWA.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Morglon posted:

His voice haunts my dreams now. I should not have done that so many times before bed.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I applied to Goon Squad two, seems like there are 4 available spots. I hope I get in! This feels like Idol! Applied as blacknails

Morglon posted:

and you're all inside her.

lets burn fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 19, 2014

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Just applied to Goon Squad Two, game name JumpAndMiss

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Yeah. We're full of assholes and nuts. The purgings will continue until morale improves. I just wish there was a better way to do it. Meatsicle has been MIA for a year now so don't expect to get into that one.

I deal with things like this more often than you know. At least it isn't blank.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I am, though

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

henkman posted:

I am, though

Prove it. :smugbert:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

henkman posted:

I am, though

That's no goon, that's a space station

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I don't know if anyone has paid attention, but the Plasma Cannon alt-fire seems to do crazy impulse against ragdolls, and on top of that it seems like some ragdolls have lower weight than they should for their size.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=302422787

I launched that poor bastard into space.

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Fina posted:

I don't know if anyone has paid attention, but the Plasma Cannon alt-fire seems to do crazy impulse against ragdolls, and on top of that it seems like some ragdolls have lower weight than they should for their size.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=302422787

I launched that poor bastard into space.

this is working exactly as it should.

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013
I notice Firefall is still acting extremely 'safe' since the full release, which was already apparent when they dropped everything for the current leveling system and resources. OCT is the new Chosen Invasion, but its still no where near the disorganized clusterfuck it used to be, the only time you'll see more than 20 chosen hounding on your rear end is when you're dropping a Squad Thumper and you don't clear out drop pods. Its just so very... Tame.

Sorry, nostalgia bug hit me and went back to watching some videos from last September and all I could think was, "drat that looks fun, why don't we have that now?". Current Firefall infrastructure probably couldn't handle it, certainly couldn't back then but at least we still got to enjoy it while it lasted. I still have a hard time coming up with a valid reason why anyone new should play the game.

JonusRockweller fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Aug 19, 2014

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

JonusRockweller posted:

I notice Firefall is still acting extremely 'safe' since the full release, which was already apparent when they dropped everything for the current leveling system and resources. OCT is the new Chosen Invasion, but its still no where near the disorganized clusterfuck it used to be, the only time you'll see more than 20 chosen hounding on your rear end is when you're dropping a Squad Thumper and you don't clear out drop pods. Its just so very... Tame.

Sorry, nostalgia bug hit me and went back to watching some videos from last September and all I could think was, "drat that looks fun, why don't we have that now?". Current Firefall infrastructure probably couldn't handle it, certainly couldn't back then but at least we still got to enjoy it while it lasted. I still have a hard time coming up with a valid reason why anyone new should play the game.

Same reason everybody does. It's the only MMO that has jetpacks and is even remotely alive/supported/playable

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Yeah, the scope for the game has changed so many times over the years. I remember sometime when I first got into beta where they were talking about how it would be possible for a shard to lose and fall to the Chosen. I even remember after a patch where they really buffed the Chosen squads and the Chosen captured all of the towers in the Corral Forest. That was pretty cool

I don't know why they don't add anything like that to Devil's Tusk. For a war front it sure is quiet, it'd be really cool to have Chosen squads pouring out of the melding and capturing as many outposts as they can.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I think this is a cool game, but honestly it's hard for me to find reasons to play it over stuff like Marvel Heroes or Warframe. I want to see more of the world, but getting around without a bike is kind of a pain. I actually like the mission board stuff, I just get really tired of running all over the place to finish each mission. Unlocking new frames sounds cool, but the idea of getting to level 40 at my current rate or grinding out chrystite to convert sounds too daunting.

Firefall feels like it's 90% of the way to a really good game to me, but a few quality of life issues are holding it back.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Zombie Samurai posted:

I think this is a cool game, but honestly it's hard for me to find reasons to play it over stuff like Marvel Heroes or Warframe. I want to see more of the world, but getting around without a bike is kind of a pain. I actually like the mission board stuff, I just get really tired of running all over the place to finish each mission. Unlocking new frames sounds cool, but the idea of getting to level 40 at my current rate or grinding out chrystite to convert sounds too daunting.

Firefall feels like it's 90% of the way to a really good game to me, but a few quality of life issues are holding it back.

Firefallthegame.txt

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
The developers posted a state of the game post that details a little of what they're working on. It sounds like the ARES jobs are about to get some big changes, better rewards and tweaks to keep them from spawning all over the goddamn place both sound pretty good. I just got my second frame to 40 last night but I may wait and see what the next patch does with jobs before focusing on another frame.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Fina posted:

The developers posted a state of the game post that details a little of what they're working on. It sounds like the ARES jobs are about to get some big changes, better rewards and tweaks to keep them from spawning all over the goddamn place both sound pretty good. I just got my second frame to 40 last night but I may wait and see what the next patch does with jobs before focusing on another frame.

I am rather wary of expecting much from Red5 anymore. That being said, I somehow still enjoy this game, so anything new / bring older things back is welcome news.

Does that alliance system still exist? About 10 other goons and myself have our own Army and mumble since we game hop, but we'd like to be tied to the larger Goon hivemind. What do we need to do to link up?

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Steam is currently downloading a 2.9GB patch.

Patch Notes

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Man, I just played loads of PVP and captured tons of towers and NOW they add PVP rewards.

Guess I won't have to wait long to try out those new frames after all.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

quote:

Shielded Crater Updates: ◦Shielded Crater’s shielding effect now scales with power rating.
◦The shield created by Shielded Crater will now be attacked by enemy AI.
◦Shielded Crater now benefits from the use of shield perks.

Awwww yea, cant wait to go buck wild with this in Hardcore BWA.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I'm not sure what to think about the Afterburner changes yet, but I'm hoping this is the start of a trend where they make module diversity more useful for more skills. In the case of Afterburner only Recharge or Force did anything to the skill, nothing else had any difference in the ability.

I hope this is a buff for Afterburner though, or at least keeps it as good as it was. I hope they're not going hmm, Afterburner is too good for mobility let's nerf it.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Fina posted:

I'm not sure what to think about the Afterburner changes yet, but I'm hoping this is the start of a trend where they make module diversity more useful for more skills. In the case of Afterburner only Recharge or Force did anything to the skill, nothing else had any difference in the ability.

I hope this is a buff for Afterburner though, or at least keeps it as good as it was. I hope they're not going hmm, Afterburner is too good for mobility let's nerf it.

They appear to be going through all the kills and trying to add more Modules effects to them, there were a couple other in there. Will have tot test it but it looks like a slight nerf to AfterBurner spam but you can do some absurd poo poo if the charges work like TrailBlaze. Like Arfterburner in then immediately Burn right out again, like the kind of thing Firecat can do now only with a single Ability.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
By the way, buy orders don't cost any fees and sellers notice them. Someone filled my 6k order for a Recluse frame and I saved 800 credits at the time. The order was filled in about 2 hours.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Bait and Swatch posted:

Does that alliance system still exist? About 10 other goons and myself have our own Army and mumble since we game hop, but we'd like to be tied to the larger Goon hivemind. What do we need to do to link up?
It does not. AllianceBot worked by joining a bunch of army chat channels and relaying communications between them. Red5 finally added a permissions check for army channels and you can't join the channel if you aren't in the army. I tried to work around that with multiple chat clients in different armies, but they changed the authentication scheme. For some reason the AllianceBot account is the only account I know of that can still log into the servers using the old method.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

/boing oct. /boing oct... /BOING OCT!!!! :gonk:

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Jesus Christ, if you have a level 40 frame jump into the Open World PVP. They buffed the hell out of the rewards, and you seem to get credit for everything your team does even if you're defending an outpost somewhere else. I'm drowning in level 40 equipment to sell or salvage now.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Ass_Burgerer posted:

/boing oct. /boing oct... /BOING OCT!!!! :gonk:

Stupid question, but what does this actually mean?

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

xanthan posted:

boing is an addon that lets you jump between shards/servers. so you can jump to different shards where OCT is happening for fast XP

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

xanthan posted:

Players were using the boing add-on to switch servers to the ones that had premium world events going on. I never did it, but I can imagine it reduced the end game boredom. It may be dead due to the patch though.

Also, time to go see the PVP zone for the first time I guess.

Edit: So what is the size of the patch and are there two of them? I downloaded a 2.8 GB patch, and it errored out at 99.9% installed. I restarted the lancher and now it 's downloading 4.8 GB.

Bait and Swatch fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Aug 20, 2014

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Argh, I rely on minimizing afterburner recharge time for sustained glider flight. At least short flights will be much faster by merit of stored up charges.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Regarding the stored up charges, how do they recharge? Is each charge on an individual cooldown, so if you used both seconds apart they'd both recharge seconds apart, or is it a queued cooldown where your cooldown recharges one and then begins recharging the next charge?

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Fina posted:

Regarding the stored up charges, how do they recharge? Is each charge on an individual cooldown, so if you used both seconds apart they'd both recharge seconds apart, or is it a queued cooldown where your cooldown recharges one and then begins recharging the next charge?

Every (cooldown time) seconds, said ability gets a charge counter up to a max of (max charges).

For instance: A bastion's multi turret has a cooldown time of 20 seconds, and a max of 4 charges (even though it says it only holds 3, it's actually 4 no matter what)

So; Every 20 seconds, multi-turret gets a charge counter up to a max of 4 charges.

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 20, 2014

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

R5 patch notes posted:

ARES Jobs
Sertao has received an ARES Job pass which will help alleviate issues with long load times and distances.
Increased the chance for higher level ARES Jobs to reward an item upon completion.
Increased all ARES Job Crystite Rewards by +50%.
Increased all ARES Job XP Rewards by +30%.

"It is a woman" just got a whole lot more interesting.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Inimicul posted:

Word is they broke it but we're testing stuff.

Edit: never mind, it's working

Morglon fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Aug 20, 2014

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Inimicul posted:

I'm horribly depressed I don't get this reference.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012

Ville Valo posted:

I'm horribly depressed I don't get this reference.

It's from a quest out of Neutretic Processing where you take some whiskey to Ratchet in Copa. The creepy bastard that gives you the quest drops the line "It is a woman." as though the Earth should stop spinning at the revelation that this guy is sending booze to a girl to win her affections.

Also, it is easily repeatable with zero combat and quick XP and Crystite at that level range. And presumably better after the quoted changes to XP and Crystite rewards.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

To add to that, the exp/crystite rate from that mission is obscene. I was doing this mission with hitlersboner and we were able to get it finished it once every minute and a half.

He'd go pick up the pooch and I would be sitting, staring at poor ratchet and occasionally doing an overly enthusiastic cheer every now and then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
:siren: PSA: IF YOU ARE NOT IN BROKEN PENINSULA, YOU ARE BAD :siren:

Okay, the rewards in Broken Peninsula are amazing. You can enter at level 33 and start earning 118k XP for killing bandits, 90k XP for clearing road ambushes, and acquiring a metric rear end-load of weapons, modules, and crystite while in there. Plus, by taking watchtowers, you earn PvP vouchers, which you can trade in for awesome poo poo like a run speed core that has 2.4 m/s run speed, or a core that reflects 11% of all damage back to the attacker, or hybrid modules that combine stats you can't get anywhere else. I was leading a full squad of goons today and we wrecked anything we came across. I came out with 80 new items to salvage, over 100k crystite, and I had a lot of fun doing it. I'll be doing Broken Peninsula again tomorrow. If we have enough people, we can get a platoon going.

EDIT: Seriously.

Nalin fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Aug 20, 2014

• Locked thread