Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer
Gah Argus broadcasting and sound is a mess again. But good visuals though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

Gyges posted:

Who do you sue when the poor take your troll bait? I don't think they've thought this out.

The police probably, for failing to protect them and their right to demonstrate.

Vincent Van Goat posted:

Now, I don't think anyone deserves tear gas or rubber bullets fired at them due to their views, but...

It's hard for me to describe my feelings on this.

Is there a word for not outwardly wanting something, but secretly hoping for it? If so, then... that.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Crusty Nutsack posted:

He bought that one for $20 that he was going to mooch and then someone else brought him what sounded like multiples. So I'm going with at least 3.

Yeah he tried real hard to just walk off with the one he ended up paying for. The guy had to chase him down.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
argus's audio is back to normal

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer
Sounds working now.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Take a brief break from no stream knowing what the hell they're doing and read David Simon's letter from before Darren Wilson was outed. The standout:

quote:

[...]

If Ferguson police can’t protect one of their own — a fellow officer who is armed, who is allied with an entire department of armed comrades, who are themselves buttressed by their jurisdiction’s prosecutorial arm, who have the full weight of the law at hand in support of that officer — then how in hell are they going to protect me when I go down to the courthouse and testify? How can they ask me, an ordinary citizen with no armament, alliance or authority, to stand up in open court and be identified?

The answer is you can’t.

The decision of a police agency to hide the identities of its officers behind a veil of secrecy, while asking the public at large to risk all in open court, is not mere hypocrisy. It is cowardice. It is an abdication of your professional role and your basic integrity. Your actions, sir, stand not merely in support of your rank-and-file, or in defiance of a mob; that’s how you wish to be seen, and likely, it is how many will view you within the cloistered culture of the roll-call room. But to the greater public that you serve, your decision is, again, void of all honor or courage. You have done your uniform, your department and your city a great disservice. Some reflection and a change in policy is required before anyone in Ferguson, Missouri can be assured that you, Chief Jackson, actually remain in service of law and order in your city.

Respectfully,

David Simon
Police Reporter
Baltimore Sun, 1982-1995

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer
Grand Jury investigation tomorrow.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Few pages old, but since it's spreading around various RW site, might as well post this.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/art..._the_Eye_Socket

Shocker..it's a stolen edited image, but you'll still be hearing about at Christmas Eve dinner from your AM radio fan uncle.

Charles Johnson started the rumor, so it is 100% bullshit.

I became aware of him when he picked a twitter slapfight with me when I was trolling Chris McDaniel supporters when he lost the runoff to Thad Cochran. He started a rumor that the Thad Cochran campaign was paying black people $15 to go vote for him, and had an interview with an actual black person to prove it. The AG of Mississippi, who is shockingly a Democrat, investigated the claim, and the guy that Johnson interviewed retracted all claims and said that Johnson paid him to say those things, and the $5k he was paid is rumored to have come from the McDaniel campaign.

Fun guy.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie
KARG just reported that the county prosecutor will not be involved in the grand jury proceedings tomorrow.

The county prosecutor is McCullough, who everyone hates, right?

Edit: That report was apparently wrong: http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Gov-Nixon-wont-remove-McCulloch-from-Ferguson-case-271938801.html

AtraMorS fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Aug 20, 2014

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Lowtechs posted:

Grand Jury investigation tomorrow.

Not just that but the county prosecutor won't be involved in the GJ at all. So some good news. Not that much will come of it.

Amos Moses
Oct 13, 2012

by Ralp
The hell. I'm watching Argus and Anon stream at the same time.

Why do they both have connection issues simultaneously like that?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Iridium posted:

Not just that but the county prosecutor won't be involved in the GJ at all. So some good news. Not that much will come of it.

Reminder that prosecutor is this guy.

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer

Iridium posted:

Yeah they are just in damage control mode now.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
So everything's gonna be pretty quiet for now. I wonder if the protest is going to include or spread to that other St. Louis area? Part of me would like to see this spread, just to have every incident of police killing inspire civil unrest, forcing reform, but I wonder if we'll get that much.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

BottledBodhisvata posted:

So everything's gonna be pretty quiet for now. I wonder if the protest is going to include or spread to that other St. Louis area? Part of me would like to see this spread, just to have every incident of police killing inspire civil unrest, forcing reform, but I wonder if we'll get that much.

The police are already very exhausted, and it doesn't look like the people are going home till at least the end of the week.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

zen death robot posted:

As a resident of the St. Louis Metro area, I'd rather this didn't happen even though it would limit your entertainment options.

But what streams will I watch then!!!

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

zen death robot posted:

As a resident of the St. Louis Metro area, I'd rather this didn't happen even though it would limit your entertainment options.

I guess it's hard to convince that it isn't just out of the thrill of watching riots unfurl, but I genuinely would like this to bring about sweeping reform, and I don't think we've yet had enough uproar to do that. I guess it's a combination, but I'd rather the unrest spread to the service of bringing to light great groundswells of populist anger rather than for the simple thrill of watching cities tear themselves apart.

Nonsense posted:

The police are already very exhausted, and it doesn't look like the people are going home till at least the end of the week.

What does exhausted police bode for? Less patience, more itchy trigger fingers, or will the cops just not bother to show up? Wait, if the cops don't show up, does that count as a win for the protesters?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

f#a# posted:

Take a brief break from no stream knowing what the hell they're doing and read David Simon's letter from before Darren Wilson was outed. The standout:

Holy gently caress. When a reporter who covered the Baltimore City POE-lease is complaining about the unprincipled nature of your behavior you have done some hosed up poo poo.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

chitoryu12 posted:

Okay, I think I see what you mean. A spin is certainly possible when shot, though it would be a little unusual; I've seen people who were instantly killed by head shots before, and your brain simply turns off. He should have collapsed in whichever direction he was leaning at the time if he was killed instantly while facing the cop. A spin would only be coincident with him turning around after being hit by a bullet that's not immediately fatal.

Unless it turns out that our account of the events is really wrong, there may be an error in the mapping of the crime scene.
Well, I could just be wrong in my presumption that the hat is by Wilson's SUV. Could just be another SUV wrapped in crime scene tape next to a hat.

It's like 36 feet behind Brown, and I doubt it blew there that day. Who the gently caress knows. If we can figure out where the cop's SUV was, that would explain things, because it's for drat sure the location of the shooting and for sure that Brown is laying on the ground facing west/northwest.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Few pages old, but since it's spreading around various RW site, might as well post this.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/art..._the_Eye_Socket

Shocker..it's a stolen edited image, but you'll still be hearing about at Christmas Eve dinner from your AM radio fan uncle.

At least they're stealing from a nice med school, I guess.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Hum. Hey, remember that police report about the robbery?

quote:

And I’m talking about Ferguson Police Report #2014-12391 and St. Louis County Police Report #2014-43984. Thanks to the after-the-fact police report on the convenience store shoplifting we know key information of the killing of Brown is “detailed” in those two documents.
Where the gently caress are these at or are both departments still obscuring this poo poo?

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Has a federal grand jury ever been convened so quickly before?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

bassguitarhero posted:

The process began a week ago.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
is tim trying to mooch a camera off of someone?? why isn't vice's stream up yet

argus has been hella unreliable tonight

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

bassguitarhero posted:

Bloomberg says it's a state grand jury.

quote:

The state grand-jury probe comes as federal officials are starting a civil-rights’ investigation into the death of the unarmed black teenager.
Ianal or anything but I think there are some pretty heavy restrictions on when the feds can come in and force a totally local crime (i.e., murder) into federal court. That's where the civil rights case would be heard, but not the trial for Wilson himself, I don't think.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Where are these stories that Michael Brown charged at the Officer with a gun pulled on him come from? Do these people think life is like some kind of loving movie. I really want to fight my coworker right now.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Mr. Glass posted:

is tim trying to mooch a camera off of someone?? why isn't vice's stream up yet

argus has been hella unreliable tonight

Has the fox 2 stream been choppy as hell for everyone else, or is it just me?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

AfterFather posted:

Where are these stories that Michael Brown charged at the Officer with a gun pulled on him come from? Do these people think life is like some kind of loving movie. I really want to fight my coworker right now.

A friend of a friend of the cop said so and white people will believe ANYTHING rather than acknowledge that American law enforcement is a racist clown show.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHfVrTl62m0

RT stream

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Nonsense posted:

Reminder that prosecutor is this guy.

OK yeah this is actually bad, because if they convene a grand jury and don't indict, it's gonna get worse.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

LIVE: Watch as violent unrest continues in Ferguson

video loads to people calmly standing around doing nothing with a few police lights in the background. Nice.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

On Terra Firma posted:

LIVE: Watch as violent unrest continues in Ferguson

video loads to people calmly standing around doing nothing with a few police lights in the background. Nice.

yeah this show is going downhill fast

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
i like how all the comments appear to be claiming that tim is dead

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

AfterFather posted:

They all come from one anonymous caller to a radio station that claims she heard from Wilson's wife. This caller also said that Wilson recived the dispatch about the robbery during the encounter with Brown which directly contradicts the official PD statement.

Stalin McHitler posted:

Has the fox 2 stream been choppy as hell for everyone else, or is it just me?
All the streams are choppy tonight.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Just getting in for the night. Is Tim anyone else running around tonight?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Shakenbaker posted:

Just getting in for the night. Is Tim anyone else running around tonight?

Tim is dead.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

bassguitarhero posted:

OK yeah this is actually bad, because if they convene a grand jury and don't indict, it's gonna get worse.

That guy is NOT going to be involved. He's the county prosecutor who is being excluded. Probably because that motherfucker is vengefulracistpowertrip.jpg.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Neo Duckberg posted:

Tim is dead.

He tried to mooch, but he mooched too slow.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
Alice posted earlier that Tim will be streaming at some point. This was like an hour ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BottledBodhisvata posted:

He tried to mooch, but he mooched too slow.

The mooch got mooched.

• Locked thread