Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Papa Daedalus
Aug 11, 2014
I have read every page of this thread.

Where is my prize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
ive got some unfortunate news for everyone in this thread, you paid 10 dollars to post on a website full of nerds so you are no longer allowed to use nerd as an insult

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Has there been any GAMING JOURNALISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! website that's written any articles on Zoe Quinn yet? I wanna read some backpedalling, hang-wringing stuff from serious journalists!
I hear that even GiantBomb is blanket banning people for even saying 'lol' about it.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Erata posted:

Has there been any GAMING JOURNALISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! website that's written any articles on Zoe Quinn yet? I wanna

http://geekparty.com/the-anti-zoe-quinn-rage-is-completely-out-of-hand-lets-talk/

I liked that one.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

someone please edit eyepop to have a purple wig on it

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
what the gently caress is patreon? some kind of dumb financial domination bullshit masquerading as supporting an artist?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Cool Blue Reason posted:

ive got some unfortunate news for everyone in this thread, you paid 10 dollars to post on a website full of nerds so you are no longer allowed to use nerd as an insult

i don't really get this because if you have a steady income ten bucks is not a lot of money

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

jalopybrown posted:

what the gently caress is patreon? some kind of dumb financial domination bullshit masquerading as supporting an artist?

You can donate a certain amount of bux you set each month to artists you like. Basically if you've got a popular artist even if every fan just gives him a couple bux/month he might get enough to devote himself to whatever he is doing. That is the original idea I guess ?

E: Relevant Fplus link http://thefpl.us/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=224:e146&catid=1:podcasts

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
This is the least sexy episode of Entourage I have ever watched

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

I like the part where the author says he shouldn't have done it because it might put their careers in danger because it hurts their integrity.
Good article.

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax

Calico Heart posted:

i don't really get this because if you have a steady income ten bucks is not a lot of money

ah youre right it does make more sense when you think of it as tech support guys making a solid 30k/yr tossing out the nerd insult, guess I was wrong

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Fathis Munk posted:

You can donate a certain amount of bux you set each month to artists you like. Basically if you've got a popular artist even if every fan just gives him a couple bux/month he might get enough to devote himself to whatever he is doing. That is the original idea I guess ?

E: Relevant Fplus link http://thefpl.us/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=224:e146&catid=1:podcasts

Jeet Christ why do people hate their own money and throw it away on stupid poo poo like this?

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Spanish Manlove posted:

Jeet Christ why do people hate their own money and throw it away on stupid poo poo like this?

dunno but it'll be funny if the site ever stops and all these people suddenly find out they are adults and have to face real-life responsibilities

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
Sometimes I feel like God really skipped out on me by making me a man. If the internet has shown me anything, its that you don't even need to be pretty to have men through oodles of money at your feet for flashing your ladycave.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Erata posted:

I like the part where the author says he shouldn't have done it because it might put their careers in danger because it hurts their integrity.
Good article.

i like the part where he's sad a divorce might happen and doesn't really bother to acknowledge the husbands infidelity or that the wife might like to know about his boning behind her back.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Spanish Manlove posted:

I guess if you are only half dumb it allows you to support some people who deserve it and are responsible about donations ? But yeah, it's mainly :homebrew: Guess it's the feeling of being part of something and of "creating" poo poo by proxy

Aferisan posted:

Sometimes I feel like God really skipped out on me by making me a man. If the internet has shown me anything, its that you don't even need to be pretty to have men through oodles of money at your feet for flashing your ladycave.

At least our dicks don't bleed once a month and we are not ever going to get pregnant :shrug:

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

What is this anti-zoe talk itt. I'll have you know she made a Video Game.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

WHy are people on the side of the guy who posted chatlogs of his gf and him talking on the internet this is some EN level poo poo

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Spanish Manlove posted:

I dunno there are a lot of artists who work online and don't make a lot of money because of it and it seems a more reasonable way for them to support themselves than charging for a Web comic or jpg something.

That being said the fan artists and you tube video people using it are kind of lame.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Even Egoraptor who is a manbaby that literally poo poo himself in one of his videos has said people are acting stupid. Thaat's how bad it is. His fans have responded by saying he has "lost it". I swear internet nerds are the only people to whom "don't harass someone for video games" sounds like a controversial response.

Cool Blue Reason posted:

ah youre right it does make more sense when you think of it as tech support guys making a solid 30k/yr tossing out the nerd insult, guess I was wrong

I'm sorry ten bucks means so much to you

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Cool Blue Reason posted:

Actually adjusted for inflation I spent $12.61

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

WHy are people on the side of the guy who posted chatlogs of his gf and him talking on the internet this is some EN level poo poo

Who's taking sides, i thought the consensus was that these are all terrible broken people (including total biscuit) and Phil Fish was comparatively good.

Rexim
Jun 2, 2006

I wants flies in on a dragons, okay?
When I heard that there was a video game called 'Depression Quest' I thought it was a typical word salad title you find on indie games these days.

But it's actually about having depression? That's loving stupid.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

we currently have like four threads about if this lady sat on some nerds boners

Papa Daedalus
Aug 11, 2014

jalopybrown posted:

Who's taking sides, i thought the consensus was that these are all terrible broken people (including total biscuit) and Phil Fish was comparatively good.

They're all shitlords. At least Phil Fish is an entertaining shitlord, just wind him up and watch him go!

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Anyone who tries to have a serious conversation with their significant other over text chat is a god drat loser. That poo poo can't wait till you get home? Have some physical distance between you two? Call them dammit, or wait until they get home.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

BKPR posted:

we currently have like four threads about if this lady sat on some nerds boners

No the sitting on boners is pretty well established now. The fallout is what the threads are about.

Xachariah posted:

Actually adjusted for inflation I spent $12.61

Also you got plat so even more :retrogames:

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
I really don't get people who gently caress ugly/fat girls who are also balls to the wall crazy.

I mean, if you're loving someone who's not very attractive, why not at least make sure that they're sane, and chill? It's like "okay, so she's not hot but she's a cool person to hang out with, also she bathes"

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Pochoclo posted:

I really don't get people who gently caress ugly/fat girls who are also balls to the wall crazy.

I mean, if you're loving someone who's not very attractive, why not at least make sure that they're sane, and chill? It's like "okay, so she's not hot but she's a cool person to hang out with, also she bathes"

You need to understand that people in question are gaming journalists.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

People with colorful dyed hair always seem smellier than people without. Like if you were to lick them they would be really salty.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Spanish Manlove posted:

civilization has always shunted money towards funding artists to enrich the community

i'd say we're getting a significantly worse investment now compared to the past several thousand years of human history, though

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Fathis Munk posted:

No the sitting on boners is pretty well established now. The fallout is what the threads are about.

Also you got plat so even more :retrogames:

Also I got banned a couple of months after I joined and have archives too and I got a custom title lets work this poo poo out here.

12.16 + 12.61 (ban rereg) + 12.61 (plat) + 12.61 (archives) + 6.31 (avatar)

= $56.75 over 8 years or $7.09375 per year to post on a nerd forum

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
i don't really care about some bipolar lady having unprotected sex with lots of desperate nerds for blog posts, but shutting down charity events is a pretty lovely thing to do imo.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Verisimilidude posted:

Anyone who tries to have a serious conversation with their significant other over text chat is a god drat loser. That poo poo can't wait till you get home? Have some physical distance between you two? Call them dammit, or wait until they get home.

yeah but the guy was getting gaslighted* really hard so he has to check his convos back to see what was really going on.

*not actually sure how, she comes across as a big dumb tumbltot retard in the chats same as him.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Pochoclo posted:

She's a ~celebrity~ though.

Xachariah posted:

Also I got banned a couple of months after I joined and have archives too and I got a custom title lets work this poo poo out here.

12.16 + 12.61 (ban rereg) + 12.61 (plat) + 12.61 (archives) + 6.31 (avatar)

= $56.75 over 8 years or $7.09375 per year to post on a nerd forum

Man rich dude over here. You're paying Lowtax' new racecar.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

img-loving-timeline.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Call the police

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014