Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

This last tattoo looks strangely pixelated, which is weird because the rest of the photo doesn't seem to be.

I think the camera/lovely instagram filter just has issues with really soft edges, the shadow on her shirt/bra strap is the same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Well, gently caress. It's not like I wanted to be on a watchlist or anything.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

The White Dragon posted:

It's, uh, classy as hell, but at the same time, I can really appreciate the sentiment.

Don't get me wrong, I love my friends (most of whom I did indeed meet in middle/high school), but a list of names is boooooring. Also, the probability that you'll have some kind of massive falling out with at least one of them is pretty high.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Don't get me wrong, I love my friends (most of whom I did indeed meet in middle/high school), but a list of names is boooooring. Also, the probability that you'll have some kind of massive falling out with at least one of them is pretty high.

I assumed they were all dead.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I appreciate that this guy has chosen to get a list of his friends' names tattooed on himself, rather than choosing some arbitrary symbol/letter/number combination and convincing the entire reluctant group to get matching tattoos.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Istari posted:

I appreciate that this guy has chosen to get a list of his friends' names tattooed on himself, rather than choosing some arbitrary symbol/letter/number combination and convincing the entire reluctant group to get matching tattoos.

What makes you think that not everyone on that list has a similar tattoo with one name changed?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

dpack_1 posted:

What makes you think that not everyone on that list has a similar tattoo with one name changed?

I'm choosing to believe.

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick

Istari posted:

Text is just really boring looking though. Especially names, at least with a quote you can make a judgment about the person.

I mean, when someone asks if he has any tattoos he's going to lift his pant-leg and say "these are my friends". The only real response is "oh, cool". If it was a hit-list or something, that would be different.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I thought it was a list of dead buddies. Meth is a hella of a drug.

Bitchkrieg
Mar 10, 2014

This just showed up on my Facebook feed. It is atrocious.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

He should get his own Purple Heart for having to live with that tattoo. :downsrim:

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Bitchkrieg posted:

This just showed up on my Facebook feed. It is atrocious.

I've seen so many tattoos in this thread slathered with that shiny poo poo, what is it? Every piece I've had, the artist put saran wrap over it after grabbing a photo.

PS goddamn that thing is atrocious.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

HelmetCheese posted:

I've seen so many tattoos in this thread slathered with that shiny poo poo, what is it? Every piece I've had, the artist put saran wrap over it after grabbing a photo.

PS goddamn that thing is atrocious.

It's probably panthenol cream which most tattooists recommend applying to your tattoo for the first few days to keep it moist and prevent scabbing.

I imagine most people go home, take the saran wrap off their new tattoo, wash it, slather it in panthenol and then snap a photo for facebook so they get that nice shiny reflection and totally obscure all the details off the tattoo.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Pretty sure this is a joke.

But, having seen what has been posted, I'm not sure.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

maybe it's not your style? the line work seems good fwiw

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I just don't think you appreciate the freehand style.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Plus, it is clearly not finished yet.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

e: Actually I forgot that this one came up in a hackey thread a few days ago:

it's not a toilet, it's a poorly drawn Stanley Cup

Cocaine Bear has a new favorite as of 18:59 on Aug 19, 2014

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

JoelJoel posted:

it's not a toilet, it's a poorly drawn Stanley Cup

Is... is that supposed to be the Minnesota Wild logo on her shirt? (Wiki says they've never won the Cup, which makes this even worse if so.)

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Is... is that supposed to be the Minnesota Wild logo on her shirt? (Wiki says they've never won the Cup, which makes this even worse if so.)

Yes, though I cannot shed light onto why her stick is blue (not one of their colours), where her hand and the rest of her butt are, what the gently caress is wrong with her FAAACE and other hand, and the crazy magic her feet are doing (let alone the cup she's setting in) or pretty much anything else going on in this tattoo.

e: for those curious, the logo is supposed to look like this:

(yes, it's the head of some ambiguous animal and also a forest scene, or something the mouth is a stream)

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
I wonder if the vague cock and balls shape was intentional.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

kinmik posted:

I wonder if the vague cock and balls shape was intentional.

Wouldn't surprise me. My mentor had an apprentice in the past who he booted out on his rear end for being a skeevy gently caress, then found out after the fact that he had hidden a dick or three on nearly every piece he had done when he began working on customers. My mentor found this out because a different customer would show up in a rage every so often for several years as they slowly all discovered the phallic imagery.

Though as testament to the guys skill, some of the dicks were masterfully hidden. I was kind of impressed.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

JoelJoel posted:

(yes, it's the head of some ambiguous animal and also a forest scene, or something the mouth is a stream)

I actually think that's kind of clever.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Istari posted:

If you think that's cool, you should watch hockey!

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Is... is that supposed to be the Minnesota Wild logo on her shirt?

It looks very much like a (blue) waffle with a pat of butter melting on it. The real logo, which someone posted, does not look much better.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Istari posted:

I love the Wild logo. It's a really nice piece of graphic design. I don't give a poo poo about the team, but the logo is really nice.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Esroc posted:

Wouldn't surprise me. My mentor had an apprentice in the past who he booted out on his rear end for being a skeevy gently caress, then found out after the fact that he had hidden a dick or three on nearly every piece he had done when he began working on customers. My mentor found this out because a different customer would show up in a rage every so often for several years as they slowly all discovered the phallic imagery.

Though as testament to the guys skill, some of the dicks were masterfully hidden. I was kind of impressed.

I knew a kid who got a tattoo of a torch to celebrate graduating highschool. It looked totally normal (if not terribly done) until he rolled his sleeves up to about elbow height.

Then it looked like a giant black dick, vein and all.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me
A couple from facebook, not the worst but still pretty crappy:

Patchy crow, misquoted lyrics for the Beatle's song Blackbird(albiet slightly), and text outside of the scroll.

This one isn't particularly offensive, just weird placement and incredibly boring, plus how tiny it is makes me think it's going to be

Psychobabble! has a new favorite as of 05:05 on Aug 20, 2014

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I love the Wild logo. It's a really nice piece of graphic design. I don't give a poo poo about the team, but the logo is really nice.

Agreed, and being a Blackhawks fan I love having a decent team back in MN. Another couple of playoffs and we'll hopefully have the old rivalry back.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
The Hartford Whalers logo is the best, by far. :colbert:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Its got a tail, an H, and a W in it! Simple and genius. They really should just bring back all the old teams from my youth. I miss the Nordiques too.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Bad hockey tattoos? Okay!

And one for the ol' home team.

Al looks high as like poo poo.

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Esroc posted:

This is legitimately the best tattoo story I've heard to date.

Looked for Robin Williams memorial tattoos. Initially I just got results for some douchey looking dude called Robbie Williams. Then I got these.

They're technically not bad, but I'm just wondering how the people with Ryan Dunn tattoos feel now, three years after the fact.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

kinmik posted:

They're technically not bad, but I'm just wondering how the people with Ryan Dunn tattoos feel now, three years after the fact.

Why Flubber?
Are there any other tattoos out there of his lame movies, like Bicentennial Man or Popeye?

exempt
Dec 10, 2006

kinmik posted:

This is legitimately the best tattoo story I've heard to date.

Looked for Robin Williams memorial tattoos. Initially I just got results for some douchey looking dude called Robbie Williams. Then I got these.

Yeah, because the impact that Ryan Dunn had on people's lives is equivalent to that of a first class entertainer of nearly 40 years.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

canyoneer posted:

Why Flubber?
Are there any other tattoos out there of his lame movies, like Bicentennial Man or Popeye?

Popeye was awesome! You take that back!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

As someone who recently watched that terrible movie, I can confirm that Robin Williams did indeed play Captain James Hook.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

exempt posted:

Yeah, because the impact that Ryan Dunn had on people's lives is equivalent to that of a first class entertainer of nearly 40 years.
Not saying you're not right, but...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

JoelJoel posted:

As someone who recently watched that terrible movie, I can confirm that Robin Williams did indeed play Captain James Hook.

Bad form! Hook was bangarang.

• Locked thread