Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/Exzek99.jpg :nws:

quote:

Casual reminder that in one of Leonardo da Vinci’s many notebooks containing innumerable artistic and scientific sketches and notes of incomprehensible important, there is a sketch of two penises with legs and tails walking towards a crudely drawn anus.

The sketch was most likely done by Leonardo’s apprentice Salai, who was not only very likely one of Leonardo’s lovers, but who was also infamously mischievous. Better yet, the anus is literally labeled “Salai.”

So either Salai drew these while Leonardo wasn’t looking just to annoy his boyfriend, or Leonardo himself put actual time and energy into drawing these. Either way, the human race is truly blessed to have made such a discovery.

There are dick drawings like the ones you see on desks in school in Leonardo da Vinci’s notebooks. Please cherish this information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Htom Sirveaux
Dec 16, 2005
Austrians and Germans know just the right English phrases to really make a product stand out!

From the "too weird to give away" shelf at my local food bank:

Rhythm Cyborg
Jun 9, 2008

I never knew about the dark things
OG dickbutt. What a great day to be alive.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Htom Sirveaux posted:

From the "too weird to give away" shelf at my local food bank:

That's awesome. One quick search for Mammoth Chunks later, and the results are in: They're available at the Time Travel Mart. You can order them for $15 each.

Also available: Olaf Olafson's Viking Oderant.

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

That's awesome. One quick search for Mammoth Chunks later, and the results are in: They're available at the Time Travel Mart. You can order them for $15 each.

Also available: Olaf Olafson's Viking Oderant.

:colbert: smell like which God? Loki? Odin? Tho...

Oh COD. Never mind, carry on.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
...so is there anything actually inside that mastodon can? I want to see inside it but I don't know if I want to spend $15 to find out myself.

Htom Sirveaux
Dec 16, 2005

FrumpleOrz posted:

...so is there anything actually inside that mastodon can? I want to see inside it but I don't know if I want to spend $15 to find out myself.

The one I saw was sealed and about as heavy as you'd expect a full can that size to be. It seemed like there's a liquid inside, hopefully it's just water.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Is that legal ? Because where I live, the ingredients list on a food item is legally required to list the actual ingredients.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Istari posted:

Is that legal ? Because where I live, the ingredients list on a food item is legally required to list the actual ingredients.

You obviously don't live in the STONE AGE.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Istari posted:

That's a pretty good indication that there isn't actual food in there. It also claims to contain meat from two extinct animals totalling up to 130% of the contents and is sold for only $15. But ya never know! :iiam:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

One time I bought a can of nuts from a party store and it was full of snakes. The FDA shut them down with in a month.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Istari posted:

The novelty canned animals I've seen always had a small stuffed animal inside them.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Dienes posted:

The novelty canned animals I've seen always had a small stuffed animal inside them.

We have stuffed animals in tins too, but as far as I know, manufacturers are not allowed to make the labels look like real food labels.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Istari posted:

"Welsh Dragon Sausages" had to add a disclaimer noting that their pork sausages didn't actually contain any dragon.

spiny
May 20, 2004

round and round and round

WebDog posted:

"Welsh Dragon Sausages" had to add a disclaimer noting that their pork sausages didn't actually contain any dragon.

Slightly similar story with Hedgehog Crisps: http://www.doyouremember.co.uk/memory.php?memID=4286

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

WebDog posted:

I looked this up on Google and that doesn't seem to be quite true. They were just required to include "pork" in the name of their sausages, not to clarify the lack of dragons but just so that everybody knows it's not vegetarian or Kosher or whatever.

This article starts off with the sensationalist stuff but crams in the actual explanation at the end

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/dragon-sausage-food-farce-2299224

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

cobalt impurity posted:

That's a pretty good indication that there isn't actual food in there. It also claims to contain meat from two extinct animals totalling up to 130% of the contents and is sold for only $15. But ya never know! :iiam:

Reread it. It's saying that there can be up to 30% mastadon instead of mammoth. God you guys are dumb.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Solice Kirsk posted:

One time I bought a can of nuts from a party store and it was full of snakes. The FDA shut them down with in a month.
I appreciated this post.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

cobalt impurity posted:

In the permafrost, in like Sibera and poo poo, there exist perfectly preserved mammoth carcasses. Researchers have, at least once, cut out bits, and grilled them a mammoth steak. The permafrost kept the meat viable all this time.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Johnny Aztec posted:

In the permafrost, in like Sibera and poo poo, there exist perfectly preserved mammoth carcasses. Researchers have, at least once, cut out bits, and grilled them a mammoth steak. The permafrost kept the meat viable all this time.

Apparently as steak it's pretty bad. Since most of the mammoths didn't freeze immediately upon dying, much of their meat is actually rotten and not edible. A few people have found some in decent shape and grilled it up. No surprise that they thought it tasted like steak that had been left in the freezer too long.

Somebody cut some 30,000-year-old bison up for a stew a few years back, and deemed it acceptable for that purpose, anyway.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Johnny Aztec posted:

That I knew, but I somehow doubt an entrepreneur is digging up mammoths and canning them for only $15 a pop.

Unrelated:

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Soulex posted:

Try to explain this to someone not from Florida and they think you're making poo poo up.

Naw. I originally wondered why they were posting a picture of Kansas. You get weirdass storms like that there.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Johnny Aztec posted:

Viable in that they're not dangerous to eat, sure. But they're freezerburnt to poo poo and thus taste terrible.

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

You've posted that one before.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hah, I'm pretty sure that's in the Phillipines

edit: yup
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negros_(island)

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

I pass this one all the time:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Not only has this been posted before, it also wasn't funny the first time.

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice
I liked it.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
At least the picture has been shrunk a bunch since it was last posted, last time it was large enough that the "Your family is affected by your illness" message wasn't even a little bit hard to notice and read. Next time it will be half the resolution and finally be funny.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

PittTheElder posted:

Not only has this been posted before, it also wasn't funny the first time.

Post MY favourite funny picture, you other dicks can suck yourselves

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

I kinda wanna see an Adult Swim Vocaloid show now.

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

Picnic Princess posted:

But that one's not funny because people don't get it, not because people have different tastes.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

George Clooney apparently got himself pregnant together with his fiance. What are the odds?

Junius
May 14, 2006

Thank you, entertainment committee.
... am I missing something or do you not understand/approve of colloquialisms?

freakspeak
Dec 20, 2004

Of course if wishes were horses we'd all be eating steak.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Picnic Princess posted:

It's only funny based of a complete misunderstanding of what's going on. It isn't a mistake that the Weiss don't match your expectations!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I think everyone understands that the ad means the illness affects the whole family. It's still funny because of how it looks more immediately.

• Locked thread