Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Who was that dude that got hellbanned in game? I'm wondering about just CEing in a whole buncha cracked red eye, but I don't want to gently caress my account.

After beating the game twice legitly, I've since created no fewer than a dozen pvp gimmick characters in a wide range of SMs and loaded them all with 2x99 stacks of cracked orbs, among other things. Been doing it since ~June haven't had any issues whatsoever. Can still connect normally, etc. All the modifications happen offline, of course.

I'm not doing stupid poo poo like dropping overleveled weapons or using 60-character-long names (both of which can gently caress people's games up) or projectileswapping or anything like that. I'd assume that's where dumb people abuse the power and get caught in a flood of reports large enough to cause bad things to happen to their accounts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
uh huh pt.2

http://a.pomf.se/xudwoz.webm

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

sushibandit: No offense, but you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. There have been people projectile-and-moveset-swapping online and nothing has happened to them.

Which is the whole problem. People with teleportation and game-crashing fog spam go on their merry way while people who cheat in 99 red orbs get hit with this supposed ban-stick.

EDIT: ...Or just see the link above which proves my point for me.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Aug 19, 2014

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

This would probably be somewhat fun to watch if they both weren't just using noclip.

Gregen
Jun 12, 2010
Man, I've been trying to do the dark pilgrims stuff in NG+, and between the asinine bottomless pits everywhere, the pretty drat difficult NPCs, and the occasional PC invaders, it's been an awful experience.

I think I've used close to 15 effigies, and while I've gotten to the lurker, I've yet to beat him (them?). The silver lining is I've gotten just slightly better at parrying (I'm still bad) because its the only way I've been able to reliably beat some of the NPC spirits/phantoms/whatevers in there.

Anyone have any advice?

e: Thanks for the advice, took only a couple attempts after starting up today to get through it. I just kept luring the NPC phantoms back to the beginning chasm-y area then slapping them off the edge with my crappy bow. Boss was a bit harder, burned through 2 sets of flame swathe, then poked him to death with my rapier.

\/\/\/

Gregen fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Aug 19, 2014

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

Gregen posted:

Man, I've been trying to do the dark pilgrims stuff in NG+, and between the asinine bottomless pits everywhere, the pretty drat difficult NPCs, and the occasional PC invaders, it's been an awful experience.

I think I've used close to 15 effigies, and while I've gotten to the lurker, I've yet to beat him (them?). The silver lining is I've gotten just slightly better at parrying (I'm still bad) because its the only way I've been able to reliably beat some of the NPC spirits/phantoms/whatevers in there.

Anyone have any advice?

For the NPC I posted this a day or two ago but they will just walk into greatbow shots over and over again until they die or you knock them off an edge. Usually when there's two together one can be aggroed alone but if you shoot the other one it aggros both.

Darklurker I dunno. Killed him with melee but it took a few tries. I was stacking dark resistance but it didn't seem worth it. People say he's weak to fire. He gives you a fair number of chances to heal.

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009
Gonna be streaming some BoB PVP in arena duels and invasions. Come watch if you're bored and like it when spells are cast.

http://www.twitch.tv/grimbattler

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My heart's racing and my hands are shaking, I managed to kill the Belfry gargoyles on my first attempt with (virtually) no armor and caestus only!

I usually spend between 3-5 attempts on this stupid boss, no matter the build. :psyduck: There must be something about noshield/noarmor/caestusonly that channels my inner git gud.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Caestus are really good against the gargoyles. There are a few bosses you'll have serious damage issues with though. Flynn's Ring and the Ring of Blades will help a lot for those.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

Batigh posted:

Gonna be streaming some BoB PVP in arena duels and invasions. Come watch if you're bored and like it when spells are cast.

http://www.twitch.tv/grimbattler

Good stream! Had fun getting my butt kicked.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
I made a build wearing strong man pants and a big mustache and sexy bare chest and 2X Cestus named Broseph Stalin and called in a summon sign for an identical dude with the exact same loadout named Joseph Stalin. We were so excited we just ran in circles flipping around in extasy and then I accidentally killed him with the Persuer arbalist bolts oh my god I'm sorry in sorry I'm so so sorry

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I made a build wearing strong man pants and a big mustache and sexy bare chest and 2X Cestus named Broseph Stalin and called in a summon sign for an identical dude with the exact same loadout named Joseph Stalin. We were so excited we just ran in circles flipping around in extasy and then I accidentally killed him with the Persuer arbalist bolts oh my god I'm sorry in sorry I'm so so sorry

This is hilarious.

Did you at least message the poor bastard? He'll think he was assassinated for insufficient enthusiasm. :commissar:

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

aas Bandit posted:

This is hilarious.

Did you at least message the poor bastard? He'll think he was assassinated for insufficient enthusiasm. :commissar:

It was a mistake and I didn't know you could message people?

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
What's more powerful with Crystal Magic Weapon, the black dragon greatsword or the dragonrider twinblades? They both use petrified dragon bones to upgrade so I want to choose just one.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Harvey Mantaco posted:

It was a mistake and I didn't know you could message people?

Open steam browser and click view players (or bring up the steam client and select View->players) and he would have been the most recent. Add him as a friend and hope he accepts, then you can send a message.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Genocyber posted:

Open steam browser and click view players (or bring up the steam client and select View->players) and he would have been the most recent. Add him as a friend and hope he accepts, then you can send a message.

loving brilliant thank you.

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009

Cephas posted:

What's more powerful with Crystal Magic Weapon, the black dragon greatsword or the dragonrider twinblades? They both use petrified dragon bones to upgrade so I want to choose just one.

From a pure numbers per-hit perspective, Magic Dragonrider's Twinblade +5 has 142/157 physical/magic before scaling, and the black dragon greatsword would have 238/238. The bonus from scalling on the Twinblade would be much higher than on the BDGS owing to its natural magic damage and pre-existing magic scaling, which probably wouldn't make up for the latter's way higher base. However, BDGS doesn't have a 4-hit wombo combo anymore, and the DRTB still deals in spinny death, so I don't know which comes out on top. Both are probably viable.

Stokes posted:

Good stream! Had fun getting my butt kicked.

Great thanks to you and all who came by! Streaming with no audience can be pretty despair-inducing. Would have liked to fight with you more, you have the kind of versatile loadouts I love :heysexy:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Are there any other pieces of clothing with the same +spell cast effect as the Saint's Hood? I am tired of this dumb thing but it's too useful to get rid of.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
was watching oroboro's arena vid from last week and I have to say I am not liking how you can immediately roll out of a powerstance fist attack and have the damage from the first hit go through even if the animation doesn't even start. I have to beware all fist men from now on.

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.

Bogart posted:

Are there any other pieces of clothing with the same +spell cast effect as the Saint's Hood? I am tired of this dumb thing but it's too useful to get rid of.

Pretty sure at least the Hexer's Hood does it.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Batigh posted:

Great thanks to you and all who came by! Streaming with no audience can be pretty despair-inducing. Would have liked to fight with you more, you have the kind of versatile loadouts I love :heysexy:

I had a ton of fun too, great fights.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

was watching oroboro's arena vid from last week and I have to say I am not liking how you can immediately roll out of a powerstance fist attack and have the damage from the first hit go through even if the animation doesn't even start. I have to beware all fist men from now on.

I don't know what I do wrong but I've never been able to hit someone with the roll punch, even if they didn't dodge or anything.

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009

Genocyber posted:

I had a ton of fun too, great fights.

I don't know what I do wrong but I've never been able to hit someone with the roll punch, even if they didn't dodge or anything.

I believe it's a very tight window and has to be initiated with powerstance L1, not a plain r1. Dagger powerstance can do the same thing, but the window to get the damage out while still rolling is extremely small, like 1-3 frames. Hope you practiced your FRCs back in the day!

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Your Computer posted:

My heart's racing and my hands are shaking, I managed to kill the Belfry gargoyles on my first attempt with (virtually) no armor and caestus only!

I usually spend between 3-5 attempts on this stupid boss, no matter the build. :psyduck: There must be something about noshield/noarmor/caestusonly that channels my inner git gud.

I like how 255 255 255 tattoos are inexplicably bioluminescent :gonk:

Scags
Nov 12, 2005
I've been playing my sorcerer in NG+ and I'm having a lot of trouble with Elana and the gank squad bosses. I've got +5 lion mage/hexer equipment, a +5 magic staff of wisdom, +10 magic craftsman hammer, +10 magic mace, greater magic weapon, and an assortment of spells. I'm just not doing enough damage. It takes me 30+ great heavy soul arrows to knock off half Elana's health, and my melee is barely scratching her. Would it be worth it to respec for hexes? I already have Dark/Lightning weapons ready to go.

As for the gank squad, I think I just need to git gud. I keep getting pounded by Havel-wannabe. Which of the three should I try to kill first?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

With the Gank Squad I find it's usually best to have your phantoms run interference on the others and go take out the greatbow guy first, then Not Alva, then go push Not Havel around.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Scags posted:

I've been playing my sorcerer in NG+ and I'm having a lot of trouble with Elana and the gank squad bosses. I've got +5 lion mage/hexer equipment, a +5 magic staff of wisdom, +10 magic craftsman hammer, +10 magic mace, greater magic weapon, and an assortment of spells. I'm just not doing enough damage. It takes me 30+ great heavy soul arrows to knock off half Elana's health, and my melee is barely scratching her. Would it be worth it to respec for hexes? I already have Dark/Lightning weapons ready to go.

As for the gank squad, I think I just need to git gud. I keep getting pounded by Havel-wannabe. Which of the three should I try to kill first?

I dunno about Elana, I fought her in melee. I don't know what her resistances are.

But for the gank squad, kill the archer first. The arena's designed for it, with the upper and lower parts and winding paths - you should be able to kite Havel and Alva indefinitely while looking for an opening to poke faux-Lucatiel. Afterwards, I recommend Alva, since his poise isn't quite as ridiculous, and then it's just Havel one-on-one.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Soul Appease doesn't work for the Skeleton Lord fight. Lame. Of all bosses for Soul Appease to work on, it should be that one.

Edit: Holy Water Urns don't work on skeletons either. Seems backwards.

Stokes fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Aug 20, 2014

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stokes posted:

Soul Appease doesn't work for the Skeleton Lord fight. Lame. Of all bosses for Soul Appease to work on, it should be that one.

They patched it so the urns only work on hollows and not skeletons.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Skeletons aren't Undead, they're just undead. Obvious, huge differ- wait, what is the difference between an Undead and a skeleton in the Dark Souls universe anyway?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Nakar posted:

Skeletons aren't Undead, they're just undead. Obvious, huge differ- wait, what is the difference between an Undead and a skeleton in the Dark Souls universe anyway?

The meat between the bones.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Nakar posted:

Flesh obviously.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Turns out the curse of the dark sign is just your skeleton wanting to get the gently caress out.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
Skeletons are really really old undead.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Inspector_666 posted:

This would probably be somewhat fun to watch if they both weren't just using noclip.

Only the host has to activate that script for it to work. e: It's a fog gate edit not anything on the character, unless that's what you mean by noclip.

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 20, 2014

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Skeletons in DaS seem more like guys who died normally pre-undead curse and then were animated by the necromancy of Nito/the Pinwheel/his cult. They're not really alive in even the sense that the undead are, they're just soul-powered golems made up of dead people's skeletons (which is why it's possible for there to be enemies that are just big moving towers of haphazardly arranged bones). DaS2 kind of keeps this theme going with the necromancers and Lords in the Copse but its (tragically scarce) skeletons clearly postdate the undead curse, so it's anyone's guess as to how they got dead people to begin with. Maybe they just completely debone hollows or something.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

turtlecrunch posted:

Only the host has to activate that script for it to work. e: It's a fog gate edit not anything on the character, unless that's what you mean by noclip.

Nah, it just looked like he walked through the wall.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Yes but the phantom does not have any script or cheat on. Only the host needs to have this script active for phantoms to go wherever they want. The boss can also come through the gate, provided they fit through the doorway (Old Dragonslayer in the earlier pic for example). I thought noclip only affected the character of the person using the cheat, but if that's wrong then I guess it's just noclip with a different name.

e: Patching holy urns to not work on skeletons is bad and From should feel bad.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Stokes fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Aug 20, 2014

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Stokes posted:

Holy water works on vendrick you should test soul appease

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I think my Fashion Souls is complete :3: