Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

It's fake. Still, I'd like to get my hands on those models for the unannounced characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
The person who posted the leak also said that Lucas, Wolf, Chorus Men, Ice Climbers and Snake are planned as DLC. This just sounds like wish fulfillment, especially since Sakurai said he wasn't going to think about DLC until after the game is out.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Weird Sandwich posted:

The person who posted the leak also said that Lucas, Wolf, Chorus Men, Ice Climbers and Snake are planned as DLC. This just sounds like wish fulfillment, especially since Sakurai said he wasn't going to think about DLC until after the game is out.

Snake being DLC or back in any form confirms fake.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Leadthumb posted:

I am going to play the hell out of the new smash bros. I don't care what anyone complains about!

ok.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

F. Lobot posted:

It's fake. Still, I'd like to get my hands on those models for the unannounced characters.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Rita Repulsa posted:

What's all this about Dirk Pitt being in the game, clive cussler's lovely novels are not owned by nintendo

He shows up at the end of Palutena's trailer in some vague foreshadow of something(2:40 in the video) seems a bit odd to have that teaser at the end for just an alt costume.

(unless you're just making a joke, but no one has even misspelled his name that way.)

Endorph posted:

The only reason I can think of to make Dark Pit a separate character would be to give him a different final smash, since he never uses the Three Sacred Treasures. And, well. Landmaster.

and his theme as stage music, that would be great.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Winner winner chicken dinner.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Shame though, would have been really sick if Dr. Mario came back.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Smash Bros is for babies and arguing about what characters will be in is for baby babies but that's still kinda neat.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

So all that's happened is some dudes faked a 3DS roster screencap? Just want to get caught up before the forums go down.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

TARDISman posted:

So all that's happened is some dudes faked a 3DS roster screencap? Just want to get caught up before the forums go down.

Faked a 3DS roster screencap, but actually made and edited several unique renders, adding to the credibility of the "leak". Other inconsistencies started breaking it apart immediately, but now the bases for some of the renders he made are being found, putting a nail in it for those still jumping through hoops for it to be real.

Probably the most effort put into a fake so far.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

DrPaper posted:

Faked a 3DS roster screencap, but actually made and edited several unique renders, adding to the credibility of the "leak". Other inconsistencies started breaking it apart immediately, but now the bases for some of the renders he made are being found, putting a nail in it for those still jumping through hoops for it to be real.

Probably the most effort put into a fake so far.

Sweet, thanks.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

PS the guy posted more pics.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If he wanted to leak you think he could turn the lights on in the Wendy's bathroom he apparently took these photos in.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Your costume also changes with your portrait, so Lucina, who is wearing a red costume in the "gameplay" picture (which is conveniently on a Past Stage), is still blue in her portrait.

Also pretty sure that Ganondorf render is from a Subspace Emissary screengrab.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I like the word "Smash" just hanging out at the top of the screen in the middle of gameplay.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

DrPaper posted:

Your costume also changes with your portrait, so Lucina, who is wearing a red costume in the "gameplay" picture (which is conveniently on a Past Stage), is still blue in her portrait.

Smash 4 doesn't have team colors, it instead gives you an outline colored with whatever color team you are on, so you can still choose any costume you want for a character.

It's still fake though

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

sharrrk posted:

Smash 4 doesn't have team colors, it instead gives you an outline colored with whatever color team you are on, so you can still choose any costume you want for a character.

It's still fake though

Yeah, but you can still use the red color if you wanted to. And in the "gameplay" screenshot, she is wearing red.

His camera quality has also dipped significantly from his roster pictures.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

It's too bad the Duck Hunt dog is fake. I was looking forward to spamming the everloving poo poo out of its taunt online. :laugh: (And if that laugh wasn't its taunt I'd be pissed.)

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

DrPaper posted:

also she's blue in the Red Team wins screenshot off to the left as well

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Endorph posted:

The only reason I can think of to make Dark Pit a separate character would be to give him a different final smash, since he never uses the Three Sacred Treasures. And, well. Landmaster.

There are a ton of different weapon types from Uprising for him to use, so he could play a lot differently to Pit if they made an effort.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

There are a ton of different weapon types from Uprising for him to use, so he could play a lot differently to Pit if they made an effort.
I was working under the assumption that the different weapon types from Uprising would be pit's alt moves.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

DrPaper posted:

Yeah, but you can still use the red color if you wanted to. And in the "gameplay" screenshot, she is wearing red.

His camera quality has also dipped significantly from his roster pictures.

The quality is way too low and too dark to be able to tell the color of her costume, but it looks blue to me. Considering the effort the guy put into this leak I really doubt they went through the trouble of making a red outfit for Lucina only to mess it up in the close up shots. There's a lot of ways to tell this is fake, but I don't think that's one of them.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
I peak every now and again at this thread but are all the heroes announced yet or might they sneak a few more in before release?

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
I believe the original leaker went quiet a while ago. These "gameplay pics" are by someone on GameFAQs, aren't they?
The screen style is different with the separated screens, so it'd be inconsistent if both sets came from the same source.

Everyone is lying, of course, but there are distinctions to be made.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Philosopher King posted:

I peak every now and again at this thread but are all the heroes announced yet or might they sneak a few more in before release?
The last newcomer had Sakurai say 'we were reaching the bottom of the list' or something like that

meaning a few more are still to come. Not to mention he was talking about newcomers, there are plenty of veterans that could still be announced.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

alcharagia posted:

Remember back when that Gematsu leaker said that he mistook Robin for Shulk?

He never said that.

alcharagia posted:

Or was that just a post-disproof justification other people made?

Yep.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Forgive the hack job (it's basically two screenshots smushed together in mspaint), but nobody had posted it yet.

Mimicuties are in! Hopefully they're less of a pain in the rear end.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Ridley looks great.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DrPaper posted:

It looks like it could also be the Ganondorf statue from First4Figures.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

thats called clickbait

RUMOR: Ryu's toe losing three polygons???

Think you know Smash Bros? This roster will shock you!

Commanding Officers hate her! One bounty hunter finds a strange trick to bypass authorization!

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Waffleman_ posted:

Commanding Officers hate her! One bounty hunter finds a strange trick to bypass authorization!

Adam deconfirmed.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Endorph posted:

I was working under the assumption that the different weapon types from Uprising would be pit's alt moves.
They are, but there are like 10 or more variations of a weapon for each weapon type in Uprising, with each variation having different stats/range/effects to eachother.

Hell, there are at least 3 weapons Dark Pit uses in Uprising already that they could have him use if they wanted Dark Pit as a Lucina grade semi-clone. And if the weapons were comparable to how they were in Uprising it would lend Pit and Dark Pit playing a whole lot more differently than Marth and Lucina likely do.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Crawfish posted:

They are, but there are like 10 or more variations of a weapon for each weapon type in Uprising, with each variation having different stats/range/effects to eachother.

Hell, there are at least 3 weapons Dark Pit uses in Uprising already that they could have him use if they wanted Dark Pit as a Lucina grade semi-clone. And if the weapons were comparable to how they were in Uprising it would lend Pit and Dark Pit playing a whole lot more differently than Marth and Lucina likely do.

Uhh...there's no "semi" about Lucina, she's a full clone. Literally everything of her apart from taunts, height, Counter pose and a gimmick is the exact same as Marth's. She isn't a Brawl semi-clone like Toon Link, she's a full clone like Melee's Dr. Mario.

Honestly though, if Dark Pit does get in (which I'm praying doesn't happen, but at this point would not surprise me), I doubt he'd be a clone. Sakurai cares about his beautiful one game too much for that, he'll probably have a couple of moves in common with Pit then be unique in most aspects.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Uhh...there's no "semi" about Lucina, she's a full clone. Literally everything of her apart from taunts, height, Counter pose and a gimmick is the exact same as Marth's. She isn't a Brawl semi-clone like Toon Link, she's a full clone like Melee's Dr. Mario.

Actually, Lucina's gimmick is that she lacks Marth's gimmick. Otherwise, yes, she will almost certainly be a true clone.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Blaze Dragon posted:

Honestly though, if Dark Pit does get in (which I'm praying doesn't happen, but at this point would not surprise me), I doubt he'd be a clone. Sakurai cares about his beautiful one game too much for that, he'll probably have a couple of moves in common with Pit then be unique in most aspects.

Which honestly doesn't make sense. Dark Pit is a clone of Pit in his own game, his whole thing is that he's identical to Pit. Hell, you even get to play as him in one level, and guess what, he's exactly the same as Pit. He's even voiced by the same actor as Pit.

If Dark Pit is in the game at all, then he'll be Pit but with different lines.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

If he cared as much about the games he makes as weird people on the internet assume he does it would be the likes of Hades or Medusa getting in over Dark Pit, so nah, Dark Pit would be as close to a clone as possible if he is in as a character and not a stage boss for that one stage like people thought.

I could see him getting some limited power of flight if the dev team feel like being a little cheeky, but otherwise I assume he'd be entirely a clone character.

If they wanted to give him a unique final smash due to Three Sacred Treasures not making the most sense on him, i'd be cool with him getting the Lightning Chariot as a replacement.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
According to the person who posted them, they were supposedly discreet screengrabs from a video presentation for the ESRB (since they don't play games, they just watch a short video about it)

people overlaying pit and lil mac and stuff tho. lol

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Veteran's sale starting tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Astro Nut posted:

Veteran's sale starting tomorrow.

Still EU only?

• Locked thread