Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Sandweed posted:

I was just making fun of a idiot bragging about arguing with a moderator on a official video game forum about naughty words.
That's right, just ignore DE deleting peoples posts that are critical of them under false pretenses and hone in on the part where they're trolled. Good job ignoring how my posts weren't the only ones targeted you blithering loving mongoloid.

Then again how can we expect any intelligence from people living the "PC Master Race" dream completely ignorant that it was created mock people exactly like you. Shouldn't you be sucking DEs cock for more plat discounts that are only given to half of the player base?

*Edit Pointing out that DE is at fault for delaying for two months and not Sony certing for one week isn't personal attacks against staff cathair. Nice try though. Hell they got their mods flat out lying 13.9 wasn't intentionally withheld now despite DESteve outright saying so in the live stream.

BarkingSquirrel fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I'm a pretty pink space ninja!

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

hooah posted:

You don't. That's why weapon and frame slots are the #1 recommended use of plat. Don't you start with like 50 plat or something? What have you spent it all on?

I think I got a warframe slot and a bunch of weapon slots. I certainly have a lot of room for weapons.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Thought I was on the Warframe forums for a second. Shut up about the drama, post your adorable kubrows :colbert:

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Poniard posted:

I'm a pretty pink space ninja!

A true Tenno.

Anyone have a verdict on the Nami Solo or the Karyst? I'm just backfilling a few melee weapons I built and forgot about and I'm wondering if it's worth potatoing them from the get-go.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
I was wondering why Kubrow hatch from eggs.

My conclusion is that they're related to Digimon.

This makes them even better.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

a cat on an apple posted:

I was wondering why Kubrow hatch from eggs.

My conclusion is that they're related to Digimon.

This makes them even better.

Apparently the actual reason is that they're monotremes like echidnas or platypuses (platypi?), but I like your explanation better.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Haha oh man, you lost the moment you started posting on the official forums, why are you digging an even deeper grave for yourself?

DE is plenty stupid, but why would they just sit on a build that was ready for cert? It makes no sense, and you are getting into conspiracy territory here.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Sandweed posted:

Haha oh man, you lost the moment you started posting on the official forums, why are you digging an even deeper grave for yourself?

DE is plenty stupid, but why would they just sit on a build that was ready for cert? It makes no sense, and you are getting into conspiracy territory here.

Shut up. I was going to write more, but forget it. Just shut up.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence. And boy is DE incompetent. Literally every patch needs several hotfixes to fix the poo poo they just broke.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

BarkingSquirrel posted:

That's right, just ignore DE deleting peoples posts that are critical of them under false pretenses and hone in on the part where they're trolled. Good job ignoring how my posts weren't the only ones targeted you blithering loving mongoloid.

Then again how can we expect any intelligence from people living the "PC Master Race" dream completely ignorant that it was created mock people exactly like you. Shouldn't you be sucking DEs cock for more plat discounts that are only given to half of the player base?

*Edit Pointing out that DE is at fault for delaying for two months and not Sony certing for one week isn't personal attacks against staff cathair. Nice try though. Hell they got their mods flat out lying 13.9 wasn't intentionally withheld now despite DESteve outright saying so in the live stream.

Stop posting.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Wow dude you are kind of a huge baby aren't you? Goddam you escalated that poo poo fast. You are just proving everyone's point against you, maybe take a time a out.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Serpentis posted:

A true Tenno.

Anyone have a verdict on the Nami Solo or the Karyst? I'm just backfilling a few melee weapons I built and forgot about and I'm wondering if it's worth potatoing them from the get-go.

I've been using the Nami Solo a bunch recently and I'm not really a fan. On one hand, it's a neon cutlass, but on the other it's kind of slow and doesn't have great range.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Draxion posted:

I've been using the Nami Solo a bunch recently and I'm not really a fan. On one hand, it's a neon cutlass, but on the other it's kind of slow and doesn't have great range.

I would agree, it is a bad weapon that looks really cool. Nami Skyla is a good alternative since it copters decently. Not as good as the Swirling Tigers, but for a Crossing Snake it copters well.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Pretty impressive creating drama out of an essentially co-op only non competitive game.

Have they made any mention of being able to get rid of Kubrow yet? I've got my final slot filled by an egg that'll hatch pretty soon and I've still not got a Sunika so unless I get one from this egg I'm gonna be poo poo out of luck right now...

Pretty excited that I have three prime frames coming out of the cooker in a few days and they're the last frames I need to rank up for mastery purposes so I can just focus on ranking up a bunch of garbage/cool weapons :getin:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

They confirmed on gamescom that you will be able to sett them free.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Crewmine posted:

I think I got a warframe slot and a bunch of weapon slots. I certainly have a lot of room for weapons.

If you are on next time I log in I will give you the remaining plat for another slot.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sandweed posted:

They confirmed on gamescom that you will be able to sett them free.

Only to die after two weeks in the wild with no genetic stabilizers. :smith:

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Avynte posted:

Nah, I'm sure they'll get murdered by Tenno looking for dog mods within the hour.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Avynte posted:

They themselves, sure, but two weeks is plenty of time to fight their way to the top of the local kubrow pack by virtue of their :ocelot:Superior Genes:ocelot: and ensure that the next generation of born kubrow will be the stronger :black101:

Opposing Farce posted:

Nah, I'm sure they'll get murdered by Tenno looking for dog mods within the hour.

Or this, whichever happens first :v:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
you idiots the Corpus sell them to the Grineer who run dog-fighting rings

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Give it to me straight: How many dens am I gonna have to wreck to get a doggie egg? Because I was wreckin' a lot of dens late into the night.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Zombie Samurai posted:

Give it to me straight: How many dens am I gonna have to wreck to get a doggie egg? Because I was wreckin' a lot of dens late into the night.

I've heard anywhere from 50-100

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

I ran the mission like 20 times, so I killed like 80 dens? Before the egg dropped.
Some people get it immediately :(

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Yeah, I got mine on my first run, second den destroyed. I think that burned all my drop luck for the game.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Got an egg on my first try, then got the breed I wanted (Raska) on my first try.

I hate me, too.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
I've bred three Kubrows so far and have lucked into getting a different breed each time. On a totally random no imprint breed, are they all equally likely or are they weighted?

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
I never put any real effort into farming for an egg and then happened to stumble across one during a random Earth alert. Mine also turned out to be a Raska, although honestly I kind of wanted a Huras because I like being invisible.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

DoombatINC posted:

You can pull so much creative stuff with Loki's powers. I was grinding the Saturn boss Sargas Rak with some pubbies the other day when one of them went down right under Sargas. I deployed a decoy some distance behind me to draw fire, used switch teleport to trade places with the boss, then turned invisible and safely revived the downed player. It might not have been a flashy demonstration of firepower or anything, but I still felt like a badass afterwards :hehe:

Alternatively, decoy present location, switch teleport downed player, switch teleport decoy. Used to do that for Vor/Vor & Kril, because of zappy ground pain things.

Decoy up to somewhere you can't get normally, switch teleport, snipe with launchers safely. Use Decoy to cluster things for better ammo efficiency.

On the Corpus indoor tileset defense map, that uses that one room for Interception, drop a Decoy in the center of the three crates next to the railing. Infested will swarm it, but can't get at it. Blow it up with impunity.

Decoy by a door to hold it open, so you can get a long sight-line to shoot at things on the other side. Helped level snipers fast.

Decoy-switch through parkour rooms in the void.

Decoy-switch past secret doors.

Do I even need to go into how amazing Radial Disarm is? Seriously, taking away flight from Ospreys is loving golden just by itself.

I could, reasonably speaking, min-max for efficiency and duration for a max-invis build, running around carving things up, since that's my favorite thing to do, but Loki is so flexible that I don't understand people that don't slot all four of his powers.

Edit: loving BOO, I WANT MY GODDAMN STUPID NEWBIE BACK.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 20, 2014

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

I've destroyed at least 100 dens and gotten no eggs. I gave up unless I happen to be doing an alert that runs me through a proper map.

Lork
Oct 15, 2007
Sticks to clorf
The other day I randomly decided to go to E-Prime to level some lovely weapons and joined some pubbie's game. The first nest we came across dropped an egg and they said "FINALLY!". 30 seconds later I was host migrated into my own game, presumably because they crashed. It was a true internet tragedy.

Speaking of which, how much should I expect to pay for imprints if I want a specific dog? I've already got a shield dog and a cloak dog so I don't like my odds on making another random one, but people seem to be pretty unwilling to just give imprints away so they must have some value on the market.

Lork fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Aug 20, 2014

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Still not sure why anyone would want to set a Kubrow free when you could sell it on Trading.

Also where the gently caress in this UI do I buy new Warframe/Weapon slots nowadays it's kinda hidden

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Let clans build kennels in the dojos

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Captain Oblivious posted:

Still not sure why anyone would want to set a Kubrow free when you could sell it on Trading.

Also where the gently caress in this UI do I buy new Warframe/Weapon slots nowadays it's kinda hidden

Inventory screen for the appropriate item, or when you try to claim an item that you have no slots for from the foundry.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

In the inventory, which is one of the few menu options from the equipment submenu that doesn't have a counterpart station on the ship. Also, I don't think you can trade Kubrows themselves, just the imprints you make with the genetic code template.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Sprecherscrow posted:

In the inventory, which is one of the few menu options from the equipment submenu that doesn't have a counterpart station on the ship. Also, I don't think you can trade Kubrows themselves, just the imprints you make with the genetic code template.

Yep this is the problem, you can only sell two of the imprints but you're still currently stuck with whatever junk dog you get forever (until they do that patch)

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Pierson posted:

you idiots the Corpus sell them to the Grineer who run dog-fighting rings
There must now be a Hay Vick boss that's a Kubrow trader you have to fight to unlock another set of upgrade for your Kubrows.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Hotfix fixes invalid item placement in dojo? I fear the end of our glorious ceiling tree may be drawing near.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Improbable Lobster posted:

Let clans build kennels in the dojos

This is a really loving good idea that I'm surprised isn't already in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

This is a really loving good idea that I'm surprised isn't already in the game

Because no one would actually do any missions, we'd spend all night running and parkouring with the hordes of PUPPIES :3: