Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Talk about adding insult to injury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I think I've won the thread...
https://www.facebook.com/youabianpumaautomobiles
http://www.puma-automobiles.com/

It's not even funny how bad this thing looks, it's so bad that poo poo like the PT Cruiser looks cool in comparison. The Pontiac Aztek is now just a slightly naff looking car, this thing has moved the goalposts THAT much. The car suffers from 'tiny head', none of the curves make a decent line, the various scoops look like they were added at random... It's just a shitstorm of bad design.

The page has multiple fake accounts commenting on the photos, not even well done fake accounts, just ones with 1/2 likes, obviously including this monstrosity.

The only good thing I have to say about this car is that the convertible roof looks cool in motion. That's it.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 20, 2014

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
They look like they were stung by a swarm of bees.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I think Hot Wheels should sue

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Looks more like a warthog to me.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
Wait, there are three of these :psyduck:

It should also be noted that well-known purveyor of quality motoring journalism Jalopnik made fun of this thing and were subsequently threatened with a lawsuit.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

xzzy posted:

Looks more like a warthog to me.

Chupathingy :colbert:

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

88h88 posted:

The only good thing I have to say about this car is that the convertible roof looks cool in motion. That's it.

that top is lifted directly from some convertible Lexus. There is nothing original in this turd of a vehicle

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

It looks like a car trapped inside another, bigger car.

HDC
Mar 11, 2006

88h88 posted:

It looks like a car trapped inside another, bigger car.

And the car is a Volvo C70 I think

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

88h88 posted:

It looks like a car that tried to eat another, bigger car.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

I like it... gotta ring to it.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
It gets even worse when you realize how stonking huge that awful thing is

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

quote:

"The Youabian Puma was conceptualized for those individuals who dare to be different than the ordinary. Those who go a step beyond achieving and dreaming the best that they can be."

Holy poo poo this thing is a disaster, it's wider and longer than a HMMWV, and they've somehow managed to only get 500 horsepower out of a 7 litre V-8 :psyduck:

e: nowhere does it say how much this monstrosity weighs but we can guess due to

quote:

Performance: 0-60mph Acceleration in 5.9 seconds
Fuel Economy City: 14 MPG
Fuel Economy Highway: 22 MPG

Rude Dude With Tude fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Aug 20, 2014

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Don't forget the most important detail: $1.1 million price tag.

You could spend a quarter of that money and get a car that's infinitely better.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

...and they've somehow managed to only get 500 horsepower out of a 7 litre V-8 :psyduck:

Its a Chevrolet LS7 crate engine, not any kind of bespoke engine.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

88h88 posted:

I think I've won the thread...

Well, I don't know about winning, but you sure broke the loving tables!

Edit: vvvvvvv much better, thanks!

Pham Nuwen fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Aug 20, 2014

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Pham Nuwen posted:

Well, I don't know about winning, but you sure broke the loving tables!

Really? Oops, sorry. I'll edit...

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

MrYenko posted:

Its a Chevrolet LS7 crate engine, not any kind of bespoke engine.

So it really is just a giant, ugly Plymouth Prowler.
What exactly makes it $1.1m? I feel like I've missed something here. A lot of things, actually. I wouldn't pay more than $35k for that abomination

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
All of us plebes have terrible taste, that's why we hate it. It's a car for wealthy individuals :v:

quote:

The Youabian Puma’s design was based on feedback from many wealthy individuals around the world who wanted something different and unique. Wealthy individuals who were bored of owning exotic sports cars like Ferrari and Lamborghini. The Puma’s goal is not to be the fastest in the world, but to be the most unique, just like its owners.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
Couldn't decide which car thread to put this in when I was taking it, then I remembered it was on a Dodge Spirit.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

CharlesM posted:

Is the FE3 suspension adjustable?

Terrible car stuff, by me.

Turned in too sharply into the parking garage. :(

Heh, I did this to the company vehicle in our garage at work. It's a giant 07 Tahoe and is a huge piece of poo poo. Someone parked it in the wrong spot and didn't back it in, so when I was pulling out and tried to both get close enough to the card reader to get out of the garage yet not hit the card reader, I hit the drat card reader anyway. Shaved all the paint off the rear door handle. Woops.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Trips posted:

Couldn't decide which car thread to put this in when I was taking it, then I remembered it was on a Dodge Spirit.

I hate people who damage other peoples' cars, and fully stand by this fella.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.
I'm very anti-vandalism in general, cars especially, but threatening to crush someone's skull with a bat is also pretty much never okay.

That isn't to say I wouldn't be tempted if I was holding one and caught someone in the act.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Tactical Bonnet posted:

I'm very anti-vandalism in general, cars especially, but threatening to crush someone's skull with a bat is also pretty much never okay.

Also clearly printing out your intentions (and having them circulate on the internet) is a good way to get prosecuted for first degree/premeditated murder and will make selling any self-defense claims to a jury nearly impossible.

e: can you put 8 characters on a custom plate in Illinois?
VVV

Geoj fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Aug 20, 2014

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Turned out to be a comically bad picture but you can still see the primary fail.

Guess in remembering 9/11 they forgot how to spell. ("AR" plates are for "america remembers" in Illinois.)

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

xzzy posted:

Turned out to be a comically bad picture but you can still see the primary fail.

Guess in remembering 9/11 they forgot how to spell. ("AR" plates are for "america remembers" in Illinois.)

Character limited? In Florida, certain vanity plates have different character allowances than others, or than standard plates.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

xzzy posted:

I'm assuming that was just as close as they could get to remember that wasn't taken. The point still comes across well enough. I'd have gone for "REMEMB" so the AR plates look like remembar! nevar forget!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

MrYenko posted:

Character limited? In Florida, certain vanity plates have different character allowances than others, or than standard plates.

It's definitely character limited, but if I was laying down cash on stupid custom plates I'd at least put effort into coming up with something that didn't look like a typo.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

A friend sent me this.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Kenshin posted:

All of us plebes have terrible taste, that's why we hate it. It's a car for wealthy individuals :v:

So basically, it's for the Will.I.Am wannabes that don't have enough "creativity" and "vision" to design their own unique abominations. :v:

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

"Getting enough A/C back there? Let me just... oh poo poo, looks like we're in reverse on the interstate."

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

DrPain posted:

A friend sent me this.

This is how automatics should be. The stupid console shifter is idiotic and takes up space. It's nothing more than a switch anyway.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

revmoo posted:

This is how automatics should be. The stupid console shifter is idiotic and takes up space. It's nothing more than a switch anyway.

What else would you use that space for?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

szidev posted:

"Getting enough A/C back there? Let me just... oh poo poo, looks like we're in reverse on the interstate."

I think it probably has a lockout or something so you can't turn it to reverse while moving forward.

I drive a manual but when I was on vacation I was driving an automatic Fiat 500 rental a few weeks ago and had a brain fart and instinctively grabbed the gear shift to upshift while moving about 40mph and ended up pushing the shift lever from D through N and R and all the way up to P. It made a really loud whirring noise and went through all of those gates quite freely but didn't slow me down any. As soon as I heard the noise I pulled it back down into D and remembered I was driving an automatic for the rest of the trip. I think as soon as I went off of D it put me into neutral and locked out reverse and park.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

szidev posted:

"Goddamnit, why do the hazards keep turning on?"

And to think this specific layout had people paid full time to develop it, people who think of themselves as experts in the field of ergonomics and interface design.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
It pisses me off when online vendors don't allow local pickup. Oh, your warehouse with the parts I need in stock are ten miles from me? Won't let me pick them up? Charge me $10 shipping AND tax on a couple of small parts? Time to find another vendor.

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

GutBomb posted:

I think as soon as I went off of D it put me into neutral and locked out reverse and park.

Yeah, I think my parents' MB would do that to me, too. Those dang shifters without buttons are so frustrating when switching between standard and automatic.

Something like this:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

dissss posted:

What else would you use that space for?

Beer, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
I really, really hate those electronic gear selectors. It's way too easy to put them in the wrong gear and on cars made by really awful manufacturers (looking your way, chrysler) it's annoying as poo poo to select to begin with. I don't care if it's all electronic anyway, I don't want to have to have the dexterity of a surgeon to select R on the first try.