Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
I forgot or never realized when I played that you could avoid killing it, so you should definitely ally with the gargoyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I'm seriously torn on this issue. On the one hand, Screw Strauss. On the other, gently caress Abrams.

Kill the thing, at least you get to please both factions.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I'd go with ally since violence is usually the least interesting option.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Let's ally. Death is very permanent.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Ally. Rock buddies are the best buddies.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Two friends by throwing one stone out the window? Faster Neonate, Kill KILL!

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
A Tremere regent owing us a favor? Yes, please. Kill

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Ally

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Strauss is a more valuable ally than Isaac. Kill it.

gatz posted:

The second is initiating a new one:

This library quest is arguably WESP's biggest addition to the game. Arranged from left-over assets, this quest takes us to an entirely new area in Downtown. I bet you can't guess where.

New content is always interesting... but given that this seems to be WESP's idea of how an erudite scholar would write, I can't say I have high hopes for how it'll turn out.

JackNapier
Jun 20, 2014
I've never actually killed it, so Kill It!

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Violence is not the answer (unless you're an Iteration X cyborg with large-caliber guns. Oh, yes, and high-powered firearms).

Ally with it! Killing is so boring.

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
Gargoyles don't sound like the kind of thing anybody would want hanging around. Kill it.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

gatz posted:

[Listen] Talk? No! Always Kindred are talking, scheming, hurting others with their lies! Monsters, you all! Abominations! A curse upon the earth!

If there is a monster in the room, its voice would sound like that, not Melissa's.

Ladies and gentlemen, Fred Tatasciore. Still the best go-to guy if you want someone to sound, well, like that. He's also the growling Beast part of all the Beauty & Beast enemies in Metal Gear Solid 4, but his highest profile gig right now is as the voice of Hulk for Disney XD's Avengers cartoons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56XmhOS0Fc8

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

inflatablefish posted:

New content is always interesting... but given that this seems to be WESP's idea of how an erudite scholar would write, I can't say I have high hopes for how it'll turn out.

I played through it a couple of days ago, all I can say is that it's reasonably mediocre. There's only three NPCs, only one has any lines, and the only bad thing about him is the low-quality voice acting. That and the obvious fact that the whole quest is tacked on.

Corzanth
Apr 8, 2011

Rawr!
Kill it.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Two vampire allies are better than a vampire and gargoyle ally. Kill it!

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Kill it

Blood mages in your pocket is always a good thing.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
I've always allied with it before, so I'm curious to see what happens when you kill it.

Grimpond
Dec 24, 2013

Kill the creature and reap that sweet tremere reward

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

kill the loving poo poo out of the motherfucking gargoyle

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

EXTERMINATE

yamiaainferno fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Aug 21, 2014

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

gently caress the Tremere, befriend the stone dude.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Kill the gargoyle because I never do it (because I'm lazy).

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
Ally with the gargoyle, as then we'll be closer to a live-action re-enactment of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjI0TdvVbqI

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh, the gargoyle's probably going to turn again, but that'll happen after the game's over and it won't be our problem. Ally away!

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I say Ally. But then, that's what I always do.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Ally.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Ally the gargoyle.

Seriously guys, Tremere are dicks. Let one have what's coming to him.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Sorry , this theater's only big enough for one grotesque pawn who's being spun like a toy on wheels of manipulation within wheels of control.

Which is to say, kill it.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Ghetto Prince posted:

Sorry , this theater's only big enough for one grotesque pawn who's being spun like a toy on wheels of manipulation within wheels of control.

Which is to say, kill it.

I think you mean two. Otherwise we gotta knock down the theater with it.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Kill it. Because it looks like a cool fight.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Aw, I like gargoyles. Let's be friends

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

amusingly this is one of the few monsters where doing some research on its strengths and weaknesses has a noticeable effect on the battle (should you decide to kill it). I wish that kind of witcher-like research before hunting was more prevalent in the game.

edit: the effect I'm talking about is that you get a decent "hey, you should use [type]weapons to kill it" from a lore book.

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku

double nine posted:

amusingly this is one of the few monsters where doing some research on its strengths and weaknesses has a noticeable effect on the battle (should you decide to kill it). I wish that kind of witcher-like research before hunting was more prevalent in the game.

edit: the effect I'm talking about is that you get a decent "hey, you should use [type]weapons to kill it" from a lore book.

Strauss told us that only blunt weapons will do the trick, so I'd be relying on our sledgehammer. Is that what you mean?

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013

gatz posted:

Strauss told us that only blunt weapons will do the trick, so I'd be relying on our sledgehammer. Is that what you mean?

Or fists :haw:

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Let's face it, any weapon you use against a stone gargoyle is going to pretty quickly BECOME a blunt weapon!

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

gatz posted:

that or fists yeah. I wasn't sure if you'd mentioned it before and phone-posting meant I couldn't check the images.

although to be honest shotguns are also viable if you got plenty of ammo and can dodge his punches. Really the game is quite lenient when you remember that blood packs == health items.

DankRhymer
Apr 21, 2003
Grizzlier than your average pirate

Tehan posted:

Hence why we should be cozying up to the Tremere. We become friends with Isaac and all we are is friends with Isaac. We become friends with Strauss and we've got an influential and respected character reference for an entire world-spanning organization of magical vampires. Plus this way we have it both ways - Isaac would like an ally but he's already convinced that it's likely you'll have to kill it, so all you have to say is 'whelp, he wouldn't listen, had to kill him' and both Isaac and Strauss would be grateful. It's the :master:. Kill the gargoyle.

Perfect reason for why we should kill it.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

DankRhymer posted:

Perfect reason for why we should kill it.

You assume that the guy that outright told us that his loyalty is to his clan, himself, and the Camarilla (in that order!) would pay us back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Ally

• Locked thread