Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Basebf555 posted:

I had another idea. Someone should wait outside their house and kidnap them at gunpoint, drive them out to the desert and have them dig their own graves. Then right as they are pissing their pants and begging to live like a hundred people pop out from behind the bushes and yell "Prank!!!" at the top of their lungs. Sounds hilarious right?

Pretty sure people have actually done fake kidnapping 'prank's to buddies and gotten in massive trouble over it.

Edit: Yup here's one: http://gawker.com/5993473/old-school-inspired-kidnapping-prank-prompts-nypd-manhunt-helicopters-real-life-consequences

OldTennisCourt has a new favorite as of 18:13 on Aug 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

People actually play games like this? I find this hard to believe.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

1stGear posted:

Somebody please beat this guys to death. These aren't even pranks any more, its basically just white guys shouting AHAHA NIGGERS

EDIT: And the comments pretty much confirm that's the crowd they're catering too.

Just stop clicking the links. On YouTube, a pageview is a pageview, and even if you're only clicking to thumb something down it's pointless because thumb-downs have the same effect as thumb-ups. Anything you do short of ignoring the link entirely gets these fucks more pageviews/money/a better spot in search results/etc.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

veedubfreak posted:

You mean in this manner, or actually playing scary games? I find them pretty fun. Outlast had me yelling out loud once or twice. I am a sucker for jump scares.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

veedubfreak posted:

PC gaming ain't what it used to be.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

veedubfreak posted:

Some people get scared by scary video games. That dude is not nearly as obnoxious as many of the other streamers/facecam people who got their start in Amnesia.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ragequit posted:

You mean in this manner, or actually playing scary games? I find them pretty fun. Outlast had me yelling out loud once or twice. I am a sucker for jump scares.

Yeah, I'm not sure what "in this manner" means. There's lots of scary games worth playing, and there's lots of extremely jumpy cowards (speaking as one), who'll freak out at something scary. Even with a voice chat running in the background as a distraction, some stuff is just too intense.

That's kind of the fun of it, really.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Ragequit posted:

I mean in the manner of being a total attention whoring pussy. I play games with jump scares and poo poo but I've never become a loving gibbering mess because the lights went out in a game.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

veedubfreak posted:

I mean in the manner of being a total attention whoring pussy. I play games with jump scares and poo poo but I've never become a loving gibbering mess because the lights went out in a game.

Ever since pewdiepie started making absurd amounts of cash doing it people wanna jump on that gravy train.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

veedubfreak posted:

They don't, it's just jackasses hamming it up for those sweet views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9II_cq01hY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkZhxokBtGM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQQCDxfv1SY

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
PT was a god drat horrifying demo but I didn't freak the ever living gently caress out over it.

I may have dampened my pants a wee bit, but I didn't scream like a girl.

Content! (sorry for the meme)

Well, apparently the attachment didn't work. Here's an imgur host :

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander has a new favorite as of 19:17 on Aug 20, 2014

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

Basebf555 posted:

I suppose I wouldn't literally wish them dead, but yea if I heard that somebody had looked up their home address and beat the poo poo out of them when they came outside I'd be pretty happy. And they need a legit beating, not just a single sucker punch that they can just laugh off. They are long overdue for a lesson.

If you're referring to one of the videos that was previously linked where the guy gets knocked out, then you and I differ greatly in our definitions of a "sucker punch". When you talk poo poo to someone out of the blue for a couple of minutes and then he postures up face to face for a significant amount of time while telling you to "back the gently caress up" before cracking you in the jaw, that's not a sucker punch.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

M.C. McMic posted:

If you're referring to one of the videos that was previously linked where the guy gets knocked out, then you and I differ greatly in our definitions of a "sucker punch". When you talk poo poo to someone out of the blue for a couple of minutes and then he postures up face to face for a significant amount of time while telling you to "back the gently caress up" before cracking you in the jaw, that's not a sucker punch.

First let me say that no matter what type of punch it was, the dude deserved it and much more.

But to me if two guys are standing there with hands down, and one of them throws a lighting quick punch to the jaw, it was a sucker punch. Doesn't really matter what was said to provoke it, if a person is interested in a "real fight" they will put their hands up and make it clear what their intentions are. I do understand that this is rarely what actually happens on the street though.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Basebf555 posted:

First let me say that no matter what type of punch it was, the dude deserved it and much more.

But to me if two guys are standing there with hands down, and one of them throws a lighting quick punch to the jaw, it was a sucker punch. Doesn't really matter what was said to provoke it, if a person is interested in a "real fight" they will put their hands up and make it clear what their intentions are. I do understand that this is rarely what actually happens on the street though.

If you honestly think this guy wasn't posturing up for a fight I don't really know what to tell you. Just because he isn't putting his hands up doesn't mean his body language isn't screaming "HEY IDIOT, A PUNCH IS COMING".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYUtNdFwMuQ&t=145s

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Combo posted:

If you honestly think this guy wasn't posturing up for a fight I don't really know what to tell you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYUtNdFwMuQ&t=145s

He walks slowly towards him with his hands in his pockets, and then at the last second he whips his hand around and clocks the dude in the jaw. Pretty much a textbook sucker punch in my book.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

gently caress that man for not observing marquess of queensbury rules when getting farted on in the hood or whatever.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I find the new Stupid Newbie avatars fitting for the quality of posting most of them have been committing for the past few pages

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!
Pick up the gauntlet nigga.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Krinkle posted:

gently caress that man for not observing marquess of queensbury rules when getting farted on in the hood or whatever.

Eh for me this is a semantics discussion, I'd love to see a thousand more videos of that dude getting sucker punched. He has a very punchable face so I would never blame anybody for doing it, sucker or otherwise.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Punching a sucker does not a sucker punch make.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

canyoneer posted:

Punching a sucker does not a sucker punch make.
:vince: Well said.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sucker punches only occur if the punchee is not expecting to get hit. Seeing as that is the whole point of these "pranks" it wasn't a sucker punch. Also, anytime you're face to face with some one and there's jawing going on the only sucker punch will come from a third party.

Furthermore,

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Man, I was gonna make a joke about MRA's and the matriarchy and stuff but that poor kid just looks so heartbroken. :ohdear:

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

And so another man learns not to sexually assault women.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Just stop clicking the links. On YouTube, a pageview is a pageview, and even if you're only clicking to thumb something down it's pointless because thumb-downs have the same effect as thumb-ups. Anything you do short of ignoring the link entirely gets these fucks more pageviews/money/a better spot in search results/etc.

am concerned when you're posting legitimate advice

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Alouicious posted:

I find the new Stupid Newbie avatars fitting for the quality of posting most of them have been committing for the past few pages

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

I don't really understand it though, apparently the dance move required them to touch their heads or get them really close and he sneaked a kiss in? Bad move, kid.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

HonorableTB posted:

My grandmother used to sexually assault me all the time.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Phanatic posted:

My grandmother used to sexually assault me all the time.

Let's go on a magical journey together

Scott Justice
Jul 15, 2007
Hot Justice just sounds better

HonorableTB posted:

Homie, you're gonna end up in the friend zone if you think he's assaulting her.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Hey.

How long before those hood 'pranks' get someone killed.
Racist joke 'prank'.

Other stuff.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

The last 2 elections.gif

Stupid_Sexy_Flander has a new favorite as of 04:07 on Aug 21, 2014

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Someone posted a link to Romeorose.com with a quote where he was talking to everyone who hates him and I clicked it.

Instead of words I saw Larramie Busby's dick.

It's my turn today I guess :suicide:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

TheSpiritFox posted:

Someone posted a link to Romeorose.com with a quote where he was talking to everyone who hates him and I clicked it.

Instead of words I saw Larramie Busby's dick.

It's my turn today I guess :suicide:
At least you didn't click something like http://thespiritfox.homo.com. :nws:

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

kalstrams posted:

Clicked on it. Sat through 5 spins. Didn't give a gently caress. Busby's dick was worse.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

TheSpiritFox posted:

Clicked on it. Sat through 5 spins. Didn't give a gently caress. Busby's dick was worse.
Schadenfreude is not the spins but how obvious these links usually are.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

kalstrams posted:

After the first 50 or so spins that site seemed quite sure about my sexuality but all the banner ads featured naked women soooo :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

jeebus bob posted:

After the first 50 or so spins that site seemed quite sure about my sexuality but all the banner ads featured naked women soooo :smug:

Last-ditch conversion methods to save the homosexs.

• Locked thread