Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
In the past 2 days, my global KDR has gone up by 0.23. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
They knew it was you all along, NC! Forumside's finally figured it all out, now what will you do?

Forumside posted:

Best AV MAX weapons by far that ruin vehicle combat for other factions

ESRL that can be spammed at sunderers parked behind cover

Absolutely dominant point defense/offense with grinder or mattock AI on MAX.

Strongest tank vs. vehicles and aircraft

Best or tied for best infantry weapons both long and short range:

Jackhammer, Cyclone/Blitz are practically straight upgrades to what TR/VS has
EM6/Anchor > TMG-50/Rhino, Flare or Ursa for mid-long
Only VS/TR weapon that rivals Gauss Rifle is the SABR-13
GD-7F best DPS carbine tied with Serpent, Merc best all-rounder OR long range carbine excepting only Pulsar C

What do they lack? Maybe a high RoF LMG, but 167/600 is close to 143/750 DPS wise. And...well there are complaints to be made about the Reaver perhaps but it seems like a playstyle preference - the airhammer can still wreck in the right hands.

Overall they're just over the top when it comes to actually taking or defending bases. They have outright better tools to keep vehicles away from their bases, keep infantry off points, and of course storm their own infantry on points with shotgun MAXes, jackhammer heavies.
Three guesses what empire this guy's post icon is (you'll only need one).

Also the Forumside drinking game could basically just be "Take a drink every time a TR or VS player brings up the GD-7F."

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

VS auraxium guns are getting heat mechanics, Higby just said on stream. I'd guess that it's no ammo pool but smaller mag size. It's still under discussion but he wants to push that direction.

#arghywasright

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

But the GD-7F is a loving terrible gun. :psyduck:

Westy543 posted:

VS auraxium guns are getting heat mechanics, Higby just said on stream. I'd guess that it's no ammo pool but smaller mag size. It's still under discussion but he wants to push that direction.

#arghywasright

Oh my god, now I *really* have to farm for my carbine aurax. How the gently caress is that gonna work with infinite UB shotgun ammo!

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Oh my god, Arghy was right.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oh Lordy I hope the NC get something great that's actually a problem unlike ammo reserves

Like reduced bloom or 185 minimum or flat damage curves or crazy higher velocity or UBSG on everything including the aurax knife

Higby plz

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Arghy knew all along..

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Although it's pretty hilarious that they're making the "infinite ammo == even worse DPM" tradeoff, considering how bad the DPM is on most of those are already (Betelgeuse excepted).

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Gonkish posted:

Although it's pretty hilarious that they're making the "infinite ammo == even worse DPM" tradeoff, considering how bad the DPM is on most of those are already (Betelgeuse excepted).

Yeah, my reaction as well. The auraxium sniper rifle will be loving insane since it lacks the charge up of the phaseshift but will have unlimited ammo, and people like Tory can be a tree shitter forever with the auraxium carbine but for the Betelgeuse who cares, and the darkstar is derived from literally the worst default in the game so again who cares.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
My VS engineer weeps.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Yeah, the Parsec could be nuts... but then again you'd have to aurax so many lovely guns to get it... I wonder what Condiment Actual thinks of it.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Thing is, even with unlimited ammo, the phaseshift will still be better than the parsec.

Unlimited ammo is just a bonus to the phaseshift, the real bonus is no drop at all.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
A heat mechanic could be pretty neat on a high capacity, slow reload weapon like an LMG. Because you can "reload" without disabling your ability to shoot, it's harder to get caught and killed with your pants down (but it can still happen if you let the gun overheat).

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Uh my posts are from the future, everything i say has already happened you just need to catch up to my reality.

You know whats going to be over powered? A PULSAR WITH INFINITE AMMO HAHHAHAHAHAHAH, shits still gonna be a loving pulsar. Lets hope they change the heat mechanics to all VS guns and give them a 35 round equivalent if you burst fire it but only 30 rounds if you hold it flat out. Reward good VS players by increasing their DPM and encourage all of VS to properly use their guns by burst firing them.

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

So Valkyrie is super likely to have 4 rumble seats now. Also Higby wants to change the secondaries on the prowler to make the vulcan basically a banshee and change the av option to being some type of duel fracture monstrosity.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Oh god higby mentioned the themes/references they were using for upcoming voice packs, two for each faction

Tr - russian/drill sergeant
NC - Arnold/action hero-y, and a starcraft scv-like
VS - Starscream-like, slow alien race from fifth element

edit: Valkyrie planned for next week, should see the 4 rumble seats on test soon, prob a bunch of tweaks after it's on live

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Unclean009 posted:

So Valkyrie is super likely to have 4 rumble seats now. Also Higby wants to change the secondaries on the prowler to make the vulcan basically a banshee and change the av option to being some type of duel fracture monstrosity.

Hahahaha... Banshee on a Harasser or Prowler... it's a PPA on steroids. NC is getting shafted. :/

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

TR vehicle secondaries finally being reworked. Marauder is going to become a tank sized Fracture, and the Vulcan is going to become the AI weapon and be a tank mounted Banshee. Or at least that's what they're looking into. Cool, they've needed a role swap for awhile.

Edit: beaten, gently caress. Excited for the voice packs though.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

More Banshees you say ? :suicide:

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I'm a bit confused. Where's all this news coming from suddenly?

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

Higby streams every Wednesday and answers questions while showing off stuff.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Wait, if VS Auraxium guns are getting HEAT-ammo mechanics that means...a shotgun with infinite ammo and no reload unless I magdump? :stare:

Why the gently caress am I trying to get the Aurax SMG?

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

Like reduced bloom or 185 minimum or flat damage curves or crazy higher velocity or UBSG on everything including the aurax knife

I would legit use a knife with a UBSG. Shotgun knife stalker infil, motherfuckers. Bet you didn't see THAT poo poo COMING.

Or an all shotgun LA. Pump for the main, Magscatter secondary, shot-knife in the reserve and a jump pack that continuously fires shotguns downwards to propel you via recoil. MAXIMUM SHOTGUN.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

A Tartan Tory posted:

Thing is, even with unlimited ammo, the phaseshift will still be better than the parsec.

Unlimited ammo is just a bonus to the phaseshift, the real bonus is no drop at all.

If Scout Rifles get their own reward it could be interesting.

Still useless for Tree-Wooking with out a silencer.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Well, you would get an infinite ammo Eidolon!

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Alkydere posted:

Wait, if VS Auraxium guns are getting HEAT-ammo mechanics that means...a shotgun with infinite ammo and no reload unless I magdump? :stare:

Why the gently caress am I trying to get the Aurax SMG?

Because the Chaos will still be a piece of poo poo.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Once you can change sights the Darkstar/Whatever the carbine is are gonna owns some bones. :getin:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

A year ago: "Vulcan Harassers, eh? Time to never pull a tank"
Today: "Banshee Harassers, eh? Time to never leave a tank"

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Leal posted:

My VS engineer weeps.

I'm sorry, you're now obsolete. Time to reroll HA with everyone else!

Westy543 posted:

TR vehicle secondaries finally being reworked. Marauder is going to become a tank sized Fracture, and the Vulcan is going to become the AI weapon and be a tank mounted Banshee. Or at least that's what they're looking into. Cool, they've needed a role swap for awhile.

Edit: beaten, gently caress. Excited for the voice packs though.

Oh My God. :allears:

The VS and NC are about to experience the vulcan like they've never experienced it before. God, there are about to be so many perching vehicle shitters in every. single. fight.

This is going to be utterly hilarious.

Epic High Five posted:

A year ago: "Vulcan Harassers, eh? Time to never pull a tank"
Today: "Banshee Harassers, eh? Time to never leave a tank"

Good news, there are lockdown AP prowlers to solve that second problem :smugdog:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
So what's the best hat for each faction?

TR - Commissar Hat

VS - Fishbowl, a.k.a. Esper helmet

NC - ???

e: Best NC helmet is obviously the cowboy hat, but it doesn't exist yet.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 21, 2014

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

TR - Commissar Hat

NC - ???

The actual best TR helmet is the stormtrooper helmet.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Earlier I went on a Vanguard spree on Connery and two names jumped out at me. I'm just curious if 420buttes69 and Awesomebutte are TR goons on Connery.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

TR - Commissar Hat

NC - ???

The commissar hat looks like poo poo

Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

TR - Commissar Hat

NC - ???

TR - Stormtrooper helmet

VS - I like the Arthropoda but I'm weird, Esper does own

NC - I have literally never even looked at NC cosmetics, I will look on test and update here in a few minutes EDIT: I like the Bandana and Blockade, personally

Desideratus fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Aug 21, 2014

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Best NC hat is heavy cloth because I like the look, but the BEST ones are yet to be released - the Phoenix and the Cowboy Hat will reign supreme

Tactical Cap is a decent choice if you're going by popularity but personally I think it's hideous

Also yeah the VS are going to get skullfucked by Banshee Harassers for probably 6+ months, starting very soon. The TR will quickly learn what the C85 does to Harassers and will focus on the VS instead. Everybody avoids NC because of release Hacksaws, then everybody avoids VS because of Spidertank, then everybody avoids NC (for a week) because of release Phoenix, then everybody avoids VS because of ZOE, then everybody avoids TR because of the Striker, then everybody avoids the TR because of the Vulcan/Marauder Harasser, then everybody avoids TR because of the Banshee Harasser. Seems balanced

I mean the Saron is great at dealing with Harassers too, as well as all other armor, but the VS never pull those because PPA. To contrast this, every single NC vehicle has a 90% chance of being kitted out to just maul the gently caress out of Harassers

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Aug 21, 2014

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers

folgore posted:

The commissar hat looks like poo poo

this is why the commissar hat owns

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

plehsistential posted:

this is why the commissar hat owns

I love my commissar hat, if only because I know people are staring at it on the death screen and getting even madder.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Gobblecoque posted:

The actual best TR helmet is the stormtrooper helmet.

The grenadier or whatever is the best, followed by the bandanna.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Unclean009 posted:

So Valkyrie is super likely to have 4 rumble seats now.

That's hilarious. The thing is super frail and the rumble seat people can't hit anything at all, so why not double the number of people being dead weight in the vehicle? Hopefully at least they'll also roll out some big defensive boosts to the thing in the meantime. Either way, 4 rumble seats will make the valkyrie an amazing newbie trap/cert pinata.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Rumble seats in the Valkyrie would be cool if Planetside 2 were a game where tactical insertion of a few people into an area mattered at all. But it's not, so who gives a poo poo what number of rumble seats it has?

• Locked thread