Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax
da,m she a whore, i wonder if she made more money off her dumb game then an actual prostitute would have made off loving 5 guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
Jesus are y'all still paying this girl attention ?

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Someguy posted:

da,m she a whore, i wonder if she made more money off her dumb game then an actual prostitute would have made off loving 5 guys

shes get paid 2k a month to just sit on her rear end lol

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Fishy Joe posted:

what was his name before the homrones

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Phil Fish straight up deleted his twitter this time

https://twitter.com/PHIL_FISH

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

memy posted:

victory

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

memy posted:

Thank God, he was the Darksydephil of Twitter posting.

And that's sad because DSP already has a Twitter

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp
phil fish rules

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

Too bad in like a month he'll reactivate it

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

rainy day posted:

phil fish drools

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

WilltheMagicAsian posted:

Too bad in like a month he'll reactivate it

Seriously. I just looked at his recent tweet and it was like 'gently caress YOU GUYS! FEZ 2 IS CANCELLED!" which made me think 'but, it was cancelled ages ago?' and then I read his top tweets and 1 year ago: "gently caress YOU, FEZ 2 IS CANCELLED, YOU DON'T DESERVE IT!" which made me lol. He cancelled it, uncancelled it, cancelled it? What a real drama...guy.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

goddamn it

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
gently caress the big bang theory why can't we have this on tv

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ArchNemesis posted:

gently caress the big bang theory why can't we have this on tv
she's got more of face for Youtube

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

Yeah it's not actually deleted, it's deactivated, it's not purged until being deactivated for over 30 days.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Can someone tell me in a few short sentences why Phil Fish is such a bitch?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

If you use the word "ladyboner" unironically... just kill yourself

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

various cheeses posted:

Can someone tell me in a few short sentences why Phil Fish is such a bitch?

"Suck my dick. Choke on it." -Phil Fish, after receiving an award for a game that he hadn't finished yet

5 DOLLAR FOOT LONG
Jul 14, 2007

dodecatuple secret probation

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

memy posted:

"Suck my dick. Choke on it." -Phil Fish, after receiving an award for a game that he hadn't finished yet

most nerds are just mad he cancled fez 2 tho

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

rainy day posted:

most nerds are just mad he cancled fez 2 tho

He cancelled it because nerds hated him though?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
So Phil Fish has a rather large unwarrented sense of self importance due to one succesfull game?

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Fez (2012, Polytron, as designer) (overhyped meme-ridden generic indie platformer)
Super Hypercube (unreleased, as designer)
Power Pill (unreleased, as designer)
The Golden Compass (2007, Artificial Mind and Movement, as asst. level designer)[9] (terrible)
Open Season (2006, Ubisoft, as level designer) (awful)

he has made more tweets than anything else and he's pretty bad at tweets too

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
this is the saddest poo poo. i bet phil and zoe are loving now though.

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

rainy day posted:

phil fish rules

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

luncheon meat posted:

this is the saddest poo poo. i bet phil and zoe are loving now though.

Let's pray they don't breed.

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp
who is less attractive, phil fish, lowtax, or shmorky?

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

rainy day posted:

who is less attractive, phil fish, lowtax, or shmorky?

Shmorky is loving disgusting.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

John Kruk posted:

Shmorky is loving disgusting.

uhhh... gonna have to warn ya. Wrong 3rd person singular indicative there.

its "this"

"Shmorky this loving disgusting."

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
id let shmorky change my diaper

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I think the only good thing to come out of this is seeing occasional comments about how she has ruined the quality and trustworthiness of Kotaku. It's cute seeing people come out and say they thought Kotaku was a good news source for anything.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Rest in peace sweet angel.

O when shall this damnable war end?

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

i heard part of some massively overwrought piece about the whole thing, about how SURPRISED everyone was at this, how GAMES MEDIA was above all of this, how even OLD MEDIA would NEVER have stooped SO LOW. BUT NOW, EVEN THE FIFTH ESTATE HAS CRUMBLED

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

CrashCat posted:

I'm not gonna lie, I once took drugs for depression and playing Depression Quest made me more depressed. Also guilty because I guess I wasn't depressed enough and guilty because I have some semblance of a normal life.

So I guess the quest was a success

I picked the worst choice every time to see if your character commits suicide. Spoiler alert: they don't, the ending is ambiguous. It's all "artsy" and poo poo.

At least Alter Ego had some balls, now that's a cool text game.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Clochette posted:

I picked the worst choice every time to see if your character commits suicide. Spoiler alert: they don't, the ending is ambiguous. It's all "artsy" and poo poo.

At least Alter Ego had some balls, now that's a cool text game.

The good ending has their depression cured too
basically zoe is a hack

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I think the only good thing to come out of this is seeing occasional comments about how she has ruined the quality and trustworthiness of Kotaku. It's cute seeing people come out and say they thought Kotaku was a good news source for anything.

A Kotaku editor wrote a bunch of articles from BronyCon a couple weeks ago. I don't really think they officially covered it, the guy probably just said "I'm going to BronyCon and you're all going to just loving deal with me writing about it, look at all this ridiculous poo poo I bought."

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

i heard part of some massively overwrought piece about the whole thing, about how SURPRISED everyone was at this, how GAMES MEDIA was above all of this, how even OLD MEDIA would NEVER have stooped SO LOW. BUT NOW, EVEN THE FIFTH ESTATE HAS CRUMBLED

I wonder how they would feel about stuff like when bands used to have hooker and coke filled parties with the editorial staff of Rolling Stone. I'm sure no one on their team every wrote a super favorable review after following a band from city to city getting hammered with them and loving groupies, nosiree bob.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
eh guys this is an unironic post in the gamers.txt thread.

Bob le Moche posted:

Hey all, I work in the games industry as a game developer and I also get state funding to do research on videogames in the serious academic field of "game studies" along with hundreds of scholars and everybody I know uses words like "ludonarrative literacy" and "problematic" and is super cool and smart. We write books about racism, sexism, capitalism and videogames that real publishers pay us for. Mattie Brice speaks at our conferences because she and other rad people like her and Zoe Quinn have done amazing work in changing the industry for the better in the last few years and thanks to them I've seen first-hand more and more female and minority students starting to get into games which is awesome. Most of my friends in the industry who make the games that matter so much to dumb kids on reddit do it as a day job to pay their bills and honestly think that the games they make are pretty stupid and lovely distractions for pathetic manchildren.

Hope this helps you bunch of babies out
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Everyone should experience her site. It's something to behold.

http://www.mattiebrice.com/category/portfolio/

• Locked thread