Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

You know, after taking the time to read through this stuff, I am honestly more worried about the white knight brigade and their surprising power.

In any sane universe, she should be a nobody. She has been attached to few indie projects, she's done some game jams, and she's made one very poorly received indie game. That's it. There's nothing note worthy about her at all except that for some reason, the misogynist conspiracy is out to destroy her. Now Zoe Quinn may not be an complete evil witch bent on sleeping her way to the top, but it's clear she's milking the whole "misogynist conspiracy is out to get me angle" for everything it's worth.

As far as I can tell, the "misogynist conspiracy" on the internet consists of 4chan whom trolls everyone and everything, Wizardchan whom are quite possibly the most pathetic people in existence and have no power, and some pick up artist communities whom don't even give a poo poo about gaming. These are forces that no rational person should be afraid of, and they have proven to be about as effective as a bunch of cats plotting world domination.

However, the legions of white knights have proven to be really effective. Because Zoe here was willing to scream "misogynist conspiracy", she got them to censor Reditt and take down a bunch of YouTube videos. And in the past, thanks to team white knight, she's gotten her lovely game green lit and a bunch of free press because the 30 year old virgins of Wizard Chan were trying to destroy her.

Like holy gently caress, I can understand coming to her defense and even trolling people attacking her. But seriously, are they actually going to go as far as attempting to censor the internet because their feminist damsel is in distress and is about to be eaten by the big bad misogynist wolf? Have they really dropped to this low? Do they not see how completely misogynist and sexist it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
this thread is full of nerds

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

this forum is full of nerds

:colbert:

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Shadoer posted:

You know, after taking the time to read through this stuff, I am honestly more worried about the white knight brigade and their surprising power.

In any sane universe, she should be a nobody. She has been attached to few indie projects, she's done some game jams, and she's made one very poorly received indie game. That's it. There's nothing note worthy about her at all except that for some reason, the misogynist conspiracy is out to destroy her. Now Zoe Quinn may not be an complete evil witch bent on sleeping her way to the top, but it's clear she's milking the whole "misogynist conspiracy is out to get me angle" for everything it's worth.

As far as I can tell, the "misogynist conspiracy" on the internet consists of 4chan whom trolls everyone and everything, Wizardchan whom are quite possibly the most pathetic people in existence and have no power, and some pick up artist communities whom don't even give a poo poo about gaming. These are forces that no rational person should be afraid of, and they have proven to be about as effective as a bunch of cats plotting world domination.

However, the legions of white knights have proven to be really effective. Because Zoe here was willing to scream "misogynist conspiracy", she got them to censor Reditt and take down a bunch of YouTube videos. And in the past, thanks to team white knight, she's gotten her lovely game green lit and a bunch of free press because the 30 year old virgins of Wizard Chan were trying to destroy her.

Like holy gently caress, I can understand coming to her defense and even trolling people attacking her. But seriously, are they actually going to go as far as attempting to censor the internet because their feminist damsel is in distress and is about to be eaten by the big bad misogynist wolf? Have they really dropped to this low? Do they not see how completely misogynist and sexist it is
that lady whos husband cheated on her tweeted about it got told by some sjw guy that "youre about to find out why you shouldnt mix your professional and personal life" i was wtf man. threaten a womans job all for a dumb evil whore.

EA Sports fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Aug 21, 2014

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

Shadoer posted:

nah

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

EA Sports posted:

games are pretty stupid and lovely distractions for pathetic manchildren.

especially dumb indie games though

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Ahundredbux posted:

especially dumb indie games though

ya that dude made a lovely pixel platformer lol incredible innovation from a cultural marxist koolaid drinker.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
Given how little effort she's put into any of her projects on her give-me-money page (most of her time seems to be spent being a talking head for games are art nerds) I can only assume the public is giving her thousands of dollars a month for the sake of keeping the drama train rolling. Don't want this girl to run out of internet!

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

EA Sports posted:

that lady whos husband tweeted about it got told by some sjw guy that "youre about to find out why you shouldnt mix your professional and personal life" i was wtf man. threaten a womans job all for a dumb evil whore.

Oh yeah, especially ironic considering the whole current drama was caused because Zoe and people in the industry mixed their professional and personal life together. It's like watching cognitive dissonance in over drive.

Dec 26, 2012

Shadoer posted:

look at you go

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Shitty Wizard fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Aug 21, 2014

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp
zoe quinn is pretty hot imo not gonna lie

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

rainy day posted:

you pure thing...

I guess ignorance is bliss

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

rainy day posted:

:newfap:

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

yea wish there were some more recent nudes tho

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

rainy day posted:

yea wish there were some more recent nudes tho

this but not really

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
lol who cares OP

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

yeah she's got a p hot beard

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
i find it really funny that all her own pictures make her look thin

i mean i don't have anything against fat people (i do) just loving accept who you are like jeez it's not like people won't find out

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I've never seen any critic reviews of Depression Quest or even heard of it before. Metacritic doesn't have any critic reviews on it at all, just a bunch of one star user reviews.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
i've heard about it on podcasts and poo poo I guess, I finally decided to check it out and it's a dumb text adventure except there's no adventure only text ?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Ahundredbux posted:

i've heard about it on podcasts and poo poo I guess, I finally decided to check it out and it's a dumb text adventure except there's no adventure only text ?

It was made with twine so yeah good chance of that.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
why can you even pay for this garbage

lol

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
This is like reality TV except real

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Baller Time posted:

This is like reality TV except real

when fact is fiction and tv reality

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

everything about everything involved in all of this has made me want to hit myself with a claw hammer

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Is that Fish? God hes ugly.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Woman has multiple sexual partners=whore. Goons :rolleyes:

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Mokotow posted:

You nailed it.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cthulhoo posted:

You nailed it.

she nailed it (everything) slut.

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Ahundredbux posted:

why can you even pay for this garbage

lol

It's free

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Mokotow posted:

Woman has multiple sexual partners while lying to her boyfriend about it while simultaneously taking a stance of superior moral high ground both in her personal and professional life = hilarious. Goons. :byobear:

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Mokotow posted:

Man read one post = has read the whole thread. Goons :rolleyes:

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Shadoer posted:

:cry: Someone is censoring video game reviews :cry:

I feel for you bro

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

i just want to know what that kitchen would smell like

BluPotato
Jul 18, 2006

this is both the lamest and funniest scandal

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Kitchengate 2014

catpowerd
Jan 9, 2008

swinging your guitar around
Cause they wanted to hear that meow

I have always wondered what this means.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

The Dennis System posted:

I've never seen any critic reviews of Depression Quest or even heard of it before. Metacritic doesn't have any critic reviews on it at all, just a bunch of one star user reviews.

She hosed all the critics so none of them can give an unbiased review of her "game." It's brilliant!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
This is the gamejam thing that said Zoe tried to take then down:

• Locked thread